Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you hoping to see on the Cottage Living Livestream?

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited June 2021
    New skill
    New deaths (probably wrong, but I am thinking trailer carrot man was a hint)
    Ins and outs of the pond tool
    Lot challenges system
    Groceries system
    Village errands system

And, although I know it is a little controversial, the preorder content. What is so special about it that it is theoretically worth the extra $20 than if I waited for a sale? (To be fair, animals and occults are assured preorders for me anyway, but I'd like to know what is so great about it.)
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    New skill
    Lot challenges system
    Groceries system
    Village errands system

And, although I know it is a little controversial, the preorder content. What is so special about it that it is theoretically worth the extra $20 than if I waited for a sale? (To be fair, animals and occults are assured preorders for me anyway, but I'd like to know what is so great about it.)
    The groceries delivery system, I would love to see how that will work.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    New skill
    Lot challenges system
    Groceries system
    Village errands system

I'm guessing their trying something new by bringing back bonuses.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    The Ground Gardening needs to be fixed NOW! Before the Expansion Pack is released.

They probably have a fix in place for that in the July Patch.
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    The premades and lots (world)
    The forrest area

The errands for villagers
    Lot challenges
    Canning
    Aspirations and skills
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Gameplay. Don't need to spend hours in build and buy or CAS. Gameplay.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I wish they would just make a blog post with pics of all cas bb assets instead of spending half the livestream on it!
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Groceries (shopping and delivery). I hope we get a new UI. The one we have now (e.g. Plopsy) is very tedious. A bigger, rectangle UI where items are displayed in a grid would be better (e.g. similar the meal picker in Dine Out).
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

That's my pet peeve. Arseing about in CAS when there is new gameplay.

And I can't help but think that the cooking together will be bugged. A single sim cooking is dodgy!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I want to learn about the world/hoods and what can be produced/crafted.

BB is always interesting, but I prefer saving some discoveries for when I get the pack.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    I have linked this thread to TheSims on Twitter.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I wish they would take a page out of what the game changers do for BB and CAS. Have a massive lot with every item setup in advance and go over it, maybe with a couple of swatches for some. Then for CAS fairly quickly click through every single item for both genders and age groups. We can rewatch and pause on different bits at a later time, we don't need them to take forever and especially with BB it should be already laid out, often they spend far too long looking for things in the catalogue. They could be much more efficient which would leave more time for gameplay.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited June 2021
    I hope to find out more about:
    - lot challenges
    - the grocery system
    - activities and interactions for children and toddlers including details about cooking together
    - Cross pack functionality : weather effects on the new plants, crosstitching and plopsy, new club activities, herbio spell (RoM) and the new plants ...
    - more details about the world (how many lots, which community lots by default, where can we swim)
    - how much functionality is there for all worlds and what is limited to henford on bagley?
    - aspirations and skills
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I just want to see Everything! :D
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited June 2021
    Someone mentioned foraging, I’d like to see how that works, and if we can sell our vegetables, fruit herbs, eggs, milk etc. at a stand or online.

And of course all of the above.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Like others, I'd like to see all of the new activities, the world in detail and events or gameplay. I would also like to know how it interacts with other packs.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    Speaking of lots, will we get a new lot type? Is the challenge an actual kit type or a lot trait?
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    It's on You Tube with the creators of the game? Will we get to talk to them, because man, I have things to say! I will be heard. I'm going to crash it! ~RosettasStoned~
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I agree. We don't really need to see that in the livestream because we can look at pics of everything before buying the pack anyway.

The livestream should concentrate on gameplay.
    Still not to late to say what you want to see. The Livestream drops Thursday.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I want to see the premades, at least a small look at each. They always get over looked
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Harald said we can have our animals judged, and in the video it showed the chickens sitting in baskets in the village square. How do they get there and how do you get your cow or llama judged?

Can you die from the Attack Chicken?

Can you sell your chickens - I see all those little chicks running around, if you have the full 8 adult chickens does that mean no more chicks? (or is it 7 adult chickens, I can't remember)

More detail on the lot challenges, please.

How long do the cow and llama live, and do chickens die, too?

How much will Seasons affect this world?
  • plutoplumbobplutoplumbob Posts: 47 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Speaking of lots, will we get a new lot type? Is the challenge an actual kit type or a lot trait?

The Simple Living lot challenge is something you can add to residential lots in addition to lot traits - SimGuruRomeo said we can add as many lot challenges as we want and lot traits like off the grid and some from other packs will be converted to challenges, probably as a way to free up space since lot traits are more limited
    I'm hoping to see the Ruins and Cordelia Falls.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited July 2021
    I want to know more about what options the cow, llama and chicken coop have. I think it's a lost opportunity if we can not turn milk into say cheese and butter, but we saw nothing like that. Just milking might get boring in the long run (except if you need milk for baking etc of course), but since we saw nothing extra, I'll not be hopeful. Anyway, there ought to be more options than "feed", "milk" and "brush" the animals.

Also want to learn about the lots, and the climate. Will the Finchwick Fair be cancelled if there is a thunderstorm on that day? How will the animals react to changing temperatures, which I'm not even sure is now a base game feature, or if it affects Seasons pack owners, only. I hope they will behave a bit different in Spring and Winter, both the foxes and birds should become less active in Winter, and the Rabbit fur might change a bit, too. If they all get white fur to match the snow, it will make perfect sense to dress your favorite rabbits up in rabbit clothes.

I also hope they will reveal a few more features such as compost - would make no sense to me if we can not click on that cow shed and collect poop for fertilizing our garden ;) I miss the compost bin from TS2 so much, hard to see how it was not included with ECO Lifestyle pack, but if they saved it for the CoL pack it makes sense. If they forgot to include such a feature, big big mistake.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg