Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Lagging When It Snows

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
Anyone else's game lag terribly bad when it's snowing? It's almost unbearable. As soon as I went into Options and disabled snow, the lag went away.

What's up with that? I love the snow. :(

Comments

• SanniSilliSanniSilli Posts: 164 Member
    I have noticed a bit more lagging while it snows, but it's not terrible or unbearable. Of course I would prefer none.
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    I found that by unticking the post processing effects box in game options helps a lot with lag. Distance blur is gone but I can deal with that for the sake of less lag.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I have noticed it but I thought maybe I was imaging it. It's actually quite bad in Mt. Komorebi.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I’ve noticed this too. It’s like when there’s confetti on tv and everything hits like 5 fps.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I have noticed it but I thought maybe I was imaging it. It's actually quite bad in Mt. Komorebi.

I was playing in San Myshuno. Fuggedaboutit!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    Not happening on my game. maybe once again thin some have, some not.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I'm not sure about snow, I haven't played through winter in one of the colder worls in a while, but when I played in Brindleton Bay and Selvadorada recently, I did experience some lag during heavy rain. It mostly happened when rotating the camera, I think.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I noticed that too (in all worlds) . Especially during a snowstorm and yes @MDianaSims, also during haeavy rain.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • BitterBubblyBitterBubbly Posts: 70 Member
    Same here, with snow and heavy rain. My game chokes if I try to move or rotate the camera while it's snowing or raining, and the FPS drops get so bad the animation basically looks like a slideshow. Not fluid at all.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited June 2021
    It feels like game performance have gotten worse since the last patch.
    Oh, absolutely. The last patch flat out broke my world. It took three solid days of troubleshooting/testing to restore my game to a workable state after the patch. That was Memorial Day weekend for me. Fixing TS4. Again. I still have some wonky stuff happening here and there, but it's at least (mostly) functional now. Still getting more errors than I've ever had before, though.

Performance has definitely taken a hit. No doubt about that.
    I found that by unticking the post processing effects box in game options helps a lot with lag. Distance blur is gone but I can deal with that for the sake of less lag.

THANK YOU. I tried this today and it has helped SO MUCH. You are THE BEST!!! <3
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited June 2021

THANK YOU. I tried this today and it has helped SO MUCH. You are THE BEST!!! <3

I also had lag on my game, especially on some lots in Windenburg, and this helped!
  • OrianasSimSOrianasSimS Posts: 17 Member
    Yes! I thought it was only me! At first, I thought it was because of mods, but I have only two, so it was strange. But I tried without them and still lags. It's only when is a true snowstorm, but still.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2021
    There will always be lag looking how the Sims series is coded. Now there will be intentional lag based on what an system specs consist of and for some using high end systems it may not exist as much as it will on an low end system.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen