Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Facts Thread

Comments

• lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    Kironide wrote: »
    lovemy4s wrote: »
    This was spotted in the trailer. A telephone booth but it's probably not useable.

Doctor? I’m not liking the new color, my friend!

Doctor? Doctor Who? :D

I knew my fellow whovians would get it! It’s funny because I’m an American and it’s always makes me smile when I wear my doctor who shirts and a person catches it. It’s rare that they do but it’s beginning to happen a little more often.

Dr. Who is a generational institution in the UK. Whenever the subject comes up in conversation, there are always endless arguments on who's the best Doctor (Tom Baker) and the best bug-eyed monsters (Silurians) and the villains that scared you most as a child and had you hiding behind the couch cushions (Daleks). :)

I would love to have those debates! My husbands favorite is tennant; mine is smith but that may be because I just love his storyline the best because tennant was amazing as well. My favorite villain besides the Dalek’s are the weeping angels.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    To me, the lasagna-looking dish looks more like a dessert, like layers of custard and jelly. Only I’m quite sure trifle is a lot messier than that looks. It’s interesting
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Gagea wrote: »

Heidi is Austrian😉

That's not correct. Heidi was written by Swiss author Johanna Spyri and is situated in Grisons in Switzerland.

You are correct and I loved the story of Heidi the book and movie and If I remember right I believed Shirley Temple starred in one version(Very talented actress) :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,409 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    To me, the lasagna-looking dish looks more like a dessert, like layers of custard and jelly. Only I’m quite sure trifle is a lot messier than that looks. It’s interesting

Perhaps the lasagna is actually lasagna and meant as a hint to a pack with an Italian or Mediterranean world?
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I just pre-ordered 😊
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I don't have Twitter or Facebook, so I really appreciate the information coming to the forum.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Ok first of all very happy for Cottage Living. Now, about that certain Telephone Booth. Does anyone know if it comes in TARDIS blue? My David Tennant's sim Doctor would like to know. :D;):p
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    @simfriend1968 your post was too long to quote, but if you don't mind cc check out brazen lotus' harvestables. She has all kinds of plants including blueberries, oranges, mangoes, rice, wheat and more; sorry, can't remember if she has plums. She also has several recipes.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    edited June 2021
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    babajayne wrote: »

Perhaps the lasagna is actually lasagna and meant as a hint to a pack with an Italian or Mediterranean world?

I actually noticed today that if you watch the World Culture Network channel within the Sims world (I forget whether that's the right name for the channel), one of the little stories that plays is a tiny Italian villa with cooking, Vespas, and grape stomping. Could be!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    If you look closely at the top of Bagley Falls, there appears to be what looks to be an entrance to a cave up there. I have asked if there is a cave up there in another thread on here. And I have also asked in that same thread if sims can explore that cave, like they do in the one in Sulani.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited June 2021
    Starfree wrote: »
    @simfriend1968 your post was too long to quote, but if you don't mind cc check out brazen lotus' harvestables. She has all kinds of plants including blueberries, oranges, mangoes, rice, wheat and more; sorry, can't remember if she has plums. She also has several recipes.

Thanks for the tip. I do know about Brazenlotus (I actually support her on Patreon), and I even have some of her harvestables in the game and also some of her recipes (I confine them to particular saves). I think she is brilliant. I like how all her stuff is maxis match (her pumpkins use the mesh from the Spooky Day pumpkin carving table, for example). But of course there is nothing like official content, which is always preferable.
    Post edited by simfriend1968 on

Thanks for the tip. I do know about Brazenlotus (I actually support her on Patreon), and I even have some of her harvestables in the game and also some of her recipes (I confine them to particular saves). I thinks she is brilliant. I like how all her stuff is maxis match (her pumpkins use the mesh from the Spooky Day pumpkin carving table, for example). But of course there is nothing like official content, which is always preferable.
    Yeah, official contents is always preferable for one reason; Mods.
    Mods can either screw up your game or your game can screw up your mods after each up-date. Which is why video game devs are always asking us to please remove all mods or back-up the game before up-dating it.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I don't have Twitter or Facebook, so I really appreciate the information coming to the forum.

Thank you. I'm glad to do it.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    If you look closely at the top of Bagley Falls, there appears to be what looks to be an entrance to a cave up there. I have asked if there is a cave up there in another thread on here. And I have also asked in that same thread if sims can explore that cave, like they do in the one in Sulani.

Interesting. It may work like the cave in Sulani.
    sunman502 wrote: »

Interesting. It may work like the cave in Sulani.
    I hope so because it would make playing in this new world even enjoyable and challenging.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    This was spotted in the trailer. A telephone booth but it's probably not useable.

I knew my fellow whovians would get it! It’s funny because I’m an American and it’s always makes me smile when I wear my doctor who shirts and a person catches it. It’s rare that they do but it’s beginning to happen a little more often.

Dr. Who is a generational institution in the UK. Whenever the subject comes up in conversation, there are always endless arguments on who's the best Doctor (Tom Baker) and the best bug-eyed monsters (Silurians) and the villains that scared you most as a child and had you hiding behind the couch cushions (Daleks). :)

I would love to have those debates! My husbands favorite is tennant; mine is smith but that may be because I just love his storyline the best because tennant was amazing as well. My favorite villain besides the Dalek’s are the weeping angels.

I don't know how much you know about the history of Dr. Who, so forgive me if you already know this, but the series actually dates back to the early 1960's. The first episodes were shot in black and white and in the earliest episodes the Doctor was an old man with a Granddaughter. People in the UK naturally tend to have a special affection for the Doctor of their formative years, but I willingly concede that both Mister Tennant and Mister Smith made exceptionally fine additions to the series and I agree that the weeping Angels were undeniably creepy. :) Oh, and I forgot to mention the best companion (Leila). Happy Simming!
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Ok first of all very happy for Cottage Living. Now, about that certain Telephone Booth. Does anyone know if it comes in TARDIS blue? My David Tennant's sim Doctor would like to know. :D;):p

Red telephone boxes = a British standard.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I kind of figured that out. The TARDIS blue was just a Doctor Who joke.
  • lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member

I don't know how much you know about the history of Dr. Who, so forgive me if you already know this, but the series actually dates back to the early 1960's. The first episodes were shot in black and white and in the earliest episodes the Doctor was an old man with a Granddaughter. People in the UK naturally tend to have a special affection for the Doctor of their formative years, but I willingly concede that both Mister Tennant and Mister Smith made exceptionally fine additions to the series and I agree that the weeping Angels were undeniably creepy. :) Oh, and I forgot to mention the best companion (Leila). Happy Simming!

Yes, I’ve seen a good bit of those but not all of them. I’ve seen all from Eccelston and beyond. We actually was introduced by my husbands boss, an older gentleman who’s been watching it before the reboot and Baker is his favorite.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited June 2021

Thanks for the tip. I do know about Brazenlotus (I actually support her on Patreon), and I even have some of her harvestables in the game and also some of her recipes (I confine them to particular saves). I think she is brilliant. I like how all her stuff is maxis match (her pumpkins use the mesh from the Spooky Day pumpkin carving table, for example). But of course there is nothing like official content, which is always preferable.

Icemunmun has MANY harvestables and recipes. Among other things...
    https://icemunmun.blogspot.com/
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    There is also a jar of what looks like Aubergine Preserve (is that a thing?) in front and a third dish I can't identify (of red stacked layers with something white, possibly cheese or mashed potatoes on top). Someone said it might be Eggplant or Vegetable Lasagna, but that doesn't strike me as a very English dish. Does anyone know what it is?

To me it looks like moussaka but that is not very English either.

But it does need aubergine, so it makes sense to add it in the same pack as those. Britain is very multi-cultural (the Mayor of Henford-on-Bagley even looks Indian/South Asian), so while it isn't traditional, it's not out of place either.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm just confirming that there is a British-style for lasagne and that one looks like it. Actually one of the best lasagnes I have eaten was in Paris and it was more like this with the bechamel sauce. I know that sounds like sacrilege. The Italian-style is fantastic but yes, there are other lasagnes out there and it is a tasty battle for the best.

Interestingly, there's a British version of creme brulee that is also phenomenal with burnt sugar. I look forward to seeing everything that made it in.

I hope they add a lamb dinner to the grand meals. Beef could be added as well. We already have roast chicken but there could be a grand meal version. I use these for holidays and large groups when I want them all to sit together in a house.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member

Which makes me wonder, why people post a link to a tweet here, instead of copy-pasting what's in the tweet?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I hope they add a lamb dinner to the grand meals. Beef could be added as well. We already have roast chicken but there could be a grand meal version. I use these for holidays and large groups when I want them all to sit together in a house.

Yes! Our IRL "grand meal" on Christmas day is always prime rib. The BEST. Would love more grand meal options. Would also love a dim sum style grand meal as well.
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    edited June 2021

Which makes me wonder, why people post a link to a tweet here, instead of copy-pasting what's in the tweet?

So people can follow the Tweet and read the other replies to the conversation if they want to.

*edited because I forgot words. Words are hard.