Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WIP: Kamloops, British Columbia

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    MetallifanMetallifan Posts: 188 Member
    edited February 2013
    Well, my original plan was to focus just on Downtown and the North Shore and paint Westsyde, Valleyview, Aberdeen, and Mission Flats all non-routable for Camera + Sims and just use the deco buildings that came with my download of the New York City world that I found on another website, but I didn't want people to have to download a huge world just for the deco buildings I would use, so I ended up building out that way making that plan invalid. I may simply put out a request for a skilled person to create distant terrain for the world, and send them the CAW files for map referance. We'll see what happens.

And thanks!
  • Options
    airlineguy62airlineguy62 Posts: 47 Member
    edited February 2013
    Awesome! This world looks just like Colorado Springs. (a little bit too green though, and this wasn't a joke about the fire) I've got to download it eventually. :D
  • Options
    azul662azul662 Posts: 222 Member
    edited February 2014
    I was wondering did you finished this one yet?
  • Options
    Playerthe95Playerthe95 Posts: 129 Member
    edited March 2014
    This is quite cool but too bad I don't have any expansion packs/stuff packs. :cry:
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited June 2021
    Wondering if there's any headway in this world. @Metallifan.

The first and only time I've been through Kamloops was when I took my son up in 2015 up to Clearwater for a minor hockey tournament. Beautiful town. My wife loved it (She's from the States and now we live in the Lower Mainland of BC - getting too expensive out there so maybe we might be moving out of the Lower Mainland.

Coming into Kamloops from the #5 (The Coq) was white knuckle all the way down - that hill is nuts! - first time ever mountain driving on my part.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I've travelled to Kamloops, BC once about 20 years ago. I've also travelled with my parents to Victoria & Prince Albert BC when I was a child. So many wonderful memories. Now unfortunately, I can't afford to travel anymore. I'm just stuck in Northern Alberta.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I've travelled to Kamloops, BC once about 20 years ago. I've also travelled with my parents to Victoria & Prince Albert BC when I was a child. So many wonderful memories. Now unfortunately, I can't afford to travel anymore. I'm just stuck in Northern Alberta.

@SERVERFRA - Sorry to hear that. Yeah, I'm a middle-Albertan (born in Edmonton) transplanted to British Columbia in 1976. With the pandemic, my wife @Featherbelle, and I don't travel much any more. Just commutes to and from work.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~