Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 *waves back* good to see you again too!
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    edited June 2021
    Going to play in a bit. Still undecided on which Save to play. I also received a letter for the Covid vaccine as it's now the under 30's turn to get vaccinated, but I have a fear of needles
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@AlexaKry Thanks for laughing with me on Bekka's funny glitch. :grin:

@MamaSimTee It is nice to see you pop in even without pictures! :smiley: I'm sorry you have RL stress going on and hope that is better soon. Enjoy your simming. It does help me with stress. A nice escape for a while.

@GraceyManor Yeah, don't blame you for exiting without saving! :grin:
    I'm not sure why you think we can't post cc sites. We do it all the time and links too. I think the only ones we can't post are naughty sites and those are usually behind 18+ walls anyway.
    I only use a few sliders. I have hat sliders by Buckley and a nose tweak by one euro mutt and two noses sliders by simtanico. I don't have their web pages though. Perhaps you can google the names. That euro mutt has tons of them.

@Silverofdreams30 :smiley: Will comment on your thread!
    btw, that was not cravenlestat's photo, that was mine that he commented on and posted as a quote. Perhaps you missed the picture I posted just a little bit above.

@Karritz ah, that's a bummer they will flag the in game simlish music as copyright violations. Silly rules! I know when my sim got attacked by the shark it was so exciting with the sound effects that happened, so I wondered what happened with Daryl's death. It's up to you about redoing the video since I don't know if the sound effects make it more exciting or the same. I've never had a sim die underwater. lol, they've peed a few times and fought a shark a few times, but never died.

@CravenLestat LOL! You funny!

@PalmArrow You are welcome! I'm glad you can enjoy sims 4. I do hope you get back to your sims 3 folks sometime. Would love to know how they are doing. I always enjoyed your stories and your worlds you used were so beautiful too.

@Tamijo That is so true! :smiley:

Spring Manor the first day of spring. It warmed up quickly and all that snow melted rapidly.
    51245331895_e025f43b10_o.jpg
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @bekkasan

aha, yes I must have missed it.
    bekkasan wrote: »

@PalmArrow You are welcome! I'm glad you can enjoy sims 4. I do hope you get back to your sims 3 folks sometime. Would love to know how they are doing. I always enjoyed your stories and your worlds you used were so beautiful too.

@bekkasan , thank you! I actually briefly opened The Sims 3 today, because I recently updated my graphic card drive and there is some boring fiddling with the options.ini file that needs to be done afterwards. Just watching the intro video made me feel happy!

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    @bekkasan because I got a message from a Simguru once letting me know the site I shared had pirated items on it.I told them I honestly didn’t know and she said that’s why it was just a friendly message.I don’t know how to tell if an item is pirates so I’m not risking it unless it’s a well known site like modthesims

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story
    Forever

It was dark by the time Jamie and Bekka arrived at the house. The lonely cats immediately come to Bekka and Jamie wanting attention. They get lots of love and affection.
    51236798401_4e908b9994_o.jpg
    51237573289_4ba012e360_o.jpg

After setting Sari and Rani down Jamie squeezes Bekka’s hands. “What would you like for me to do?”
    “Can you gather the things in the studio we talked about and the cat stuff? I will pack clothes, the cat beds and a few things from my room while you do that.”
    "Absolutely." He kisses her and gets busy gathering the things in her studio. Everything is taken out to the truck he borrowed.
    51237573409_55891fd2dd_o.jpg
    51236798491_b62dde3fde_o.jpg

Bekka finishes packing what she wants and calls Jamie to her room.
    “Be there in a minute.” Jamie calls out as he adds the special kitten food to a bag and sets it by the door.
    51243085115_95ca1f6788_o.jpg
    51242797574_feda0e0ca0_o.jpg

Jamie walks in the bedroom and stops and stares. He is delighted and captivated, gaping at his gorgeous soulmate before him.
    51242797544_fd77e1ae4a_o.jpg

https://youtu.be/hOeqHuPkuws

Her voice is seductive and alluring as she asks with a provocative smile, “should I pack this?”
    51241319302_f7578d6bd2_o.jpg

Jamie dashes over to her and emphatically nods his head as he slips his arms around her shoulders. He gazes at her beautiful face and tempting body in her sexy lingerie. His voice is hoarse with desire and love for his soulmate. “Yes, you should definitely pack this. Let me help you take it off, my love.”
    51242797499_6a4ea6e81f_o.jpg

He murmurs, “You are so incredibly beautiful. I love you so very much. You are forever mine.” He dips his head to kiss her and hears her words. "I love you, forever and always Jamie."
    51243085005_4b034150ba_o.jpg

Bekka and Jamie are breathing heavily when they come up for air. “I think you are wearing too many clothes Jamie.” She helps him tug off his leather jacket.
    “That’s a little better.” she says as she kisses him sliding her hands inside his sweater.
    51243085035_e5d12f32cb_o.jpg
    51242233403_cfa05e17b4_o.jpg

Jamie’s sweater soon sails across the room joining his jacket on the floor.
    51244875899_990ef81f0b_o.jpg
    51243397912_92d5ac0840_o.jpg

His leathers and boots join the other clothes on the floor.
    51245238155_93971c8419_o.jpg

Jamie picks her up and tenderly carries her the short distance to the bed. He never lets go of her as he lies her down on the bed and scoots next to her.
    51242029696_b7432ff7f7_o.jpg
    51242797339_0d80ae3509_o.jpg

Their kisses grow more heated.
    51242797324_96f8211bb0_o.jpg
    51241319047_f83cf3400d_o.jpg
    51242797289_69c42dfe83_o.jpg
    51243084835_651f1aa8f6_o.jpg
    51242233263_3ca295808b_o.jpg

They were both very content to remain in bed cuddled together. But two insistent meowing cats wanted attention in the other room. They needed to get back to Spring Manor as well.
    51242029756_c21363ac64_o.jpg

Bekka looks around to be sure she has all she wants packed, while Jamie finishes putting the last things in the truck. He gives her one last kiss, and they each pick up a cat and head outside.
    51241318957_1202d92de2_o.jpg
    51242029591_7274bb803e_o.jpg

Back at the house they settle the cats in Jamie's room for the night. They will get them used to the new surroundings tomorrow.
    51243084750_37c64d8842_o.jpg
    51242233128_5f14edc18f_o.jpg

They peek at Damien, and he is still sleeping soundly. Lia has climbed up on the bed to keep him company. Downstairs they enjoy a midnight snack with Lee and Layla who seem to be getting along splendidly.
    51242233118_a0f4993e33_o.jpg
    51242029541_f10783c195_o.jpg

Back in Jamie’s room they enjoy being close once again.
    51241318847_56c195c969_o.jpg
    51243037722_17947296c3_o.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited June 2021
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Bummer! I hope it wasn't the cat again!

Nope...I guess cheap substitute cords wear out quicker, but I did notice ONE cat bite in the cord, but it wasn't the cause of the cord dying. Oh well, the replacement cord is here and my wife recommends that I get more than one replacement cord...(in other words stock up so there are no interruptions)
    MamaSimTee wrote: »
    Hi friends!

Hi @bekkasan @Nikkei_Simmer @Brandontaylor @emorrill and anyone else I missed that may have (not have) noticed my absence. Hope everyone is doing well. Happy Simming!

I did... :( Hope everything is well with you. Laptop power cord died so I was away for about two weeks. Back now. :mrgreen:

Of course, I'm still a little cheesed off that my power cord didn't arrive yesterday so that I could have a little Sims 3 playing time to deal with turning 51. :(

4tuhzx.jpg ~sigh~
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

@Nikkei_Simmer Well, I'm glad to know no cats were injured from cord related bites. :grin: Happy Birthday yesterday! Wait til you get as old as me.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited June 2021
    Didn't really know what pics to put or what to say I think it was Bekkasan asked about the Open For Business mod.

Anyway made a fast just square simple building toy store and put stuff for sale,it is really simple for those intimidated by new things

1: Have a store with stuff you want to sell

2: Go to real estate on phone or computer hit start a business you pay 1,000 start up fee

3: The mod has a special register that does everything has all options click on it set hours etc

4: You click set item for sale everything in store turns yellow and you click on stuff you want to sell and they turn green

5:Manage who you want from your town to be your employee (they will restock)

6: Open your store and have fun and help with restocking

Here is stuff I am selling

ez451hr.png

xbpWt1K.png

21LLvOX.png

See stuff I set green will be for sale and only green so no sim will try to buy the table etc

aCx7Ir6.png

The guy my sim is talking to was my first sale he bought a christamas bear.Luke Perry is on the right but look at creepy scary chick staring at the camera it's like she knew I was watching :s

wtyWM01.png

I hired Barack Obama as my employee because having an ex president in your store is great for sales.

ycq2SLe.png

Just to show u guys after Obama restocked the Xmas bear (Such a good employee) I went to restock the stuffed duck *Oddly sold 3 of just those today* which seem to be popular But see in toggle sale mode it will show red meaning it is out of stock

2Nxg9sn.png

Hottie sim came in and bought the 2nd stuffed duck of the day

f75ugwp.png

After that I kept tending the store and hitting on ladies cause that is what a classy manager is supposed to do but ..........

I DID NOT GET THE HEARTS WITH ANY LADIES

My sim lost his mojo :'(

But I did sell a lot of stuff and got a bunch of customers opening day.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @bekkasan I'll think about what to do with the video. I think the one I've got on the channel at the moment is a better video than the new version as I had a few problems with making it. I discovered it isn't easy to get a sim to die while scuba diving. :D

I was thinking about maybe trying to take the pertinent sound effects from the new video and add them to a copy of the first video. I might then put it up again after I get the current episode of 30 Grandchildren posted.

@CravenLestat nice toyshop. Have you thought of adding it to the new thread for people to share their builds here.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989120/post-your-roller-coaster-gondola-bakery-old-mill-resort-or-savvy-seller-builds-here#latest

If you do add it I can add an extra menu for toy shops.

@Tamijo thank you.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @Karritz Was not a build it's literally a 12x10 rectangle with whatever auto roof they gave me and the outside did not even have any wall coverings plus no windows just a quick tester cause Bekkasan asked about the new mod.

If I make a actuall store though will post it there :p

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    So, opinions.How many of you think gameplay should be realistic? I just had someone get mad
    at me because I dressed Belle in white for her wedding, even though in medieval times, they didn't wear white.
    She totally got offended by it.And started lecturing me, telling me to do my research before attempting a time gameplay. :D
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    So, opinions.How many of you think gameplay should be realistic? I just had someone get mad
    at me because I dressed Belle in white for her wedding, even though in medieval times, they didn't wear white.
    She totally got offended by it.And started lecturing me, telling me to do my research before attempting a time gameplay. :D

I can't do realistic with ghosts and genies and werewolves and witches. But I thought they had green sleeves in medieval times. ;) You know the song by Henry VIII? Apparently sleeves were very valuable back then and used to be jewel encrusted and handed down through the generations. That's about all I have to say about the subject. Other than I'm not sure how you are likely to find realistic head dress and other fashion accessories required by the era.

Happy Simming.
    So, opinions. How many of you think gameplay should be realistic? I just had someone get mad
    She totally got offended by it. And started lecturing me, telling me to do my research before attempting a time gameplay. :D

@GraceyManor , that person was completely out of line! First, your sims gameplay is just light-hearted fun. You don't have to do research as if you were a professional writer or filmmaker. And second, you didn't actually make a mistake. Before Queen Victoria made white wedding dresses popular, women in Europe would just get married in the best dress they owned. It could be a dress of any colour. And "any colour" includes white!
    @GraceyManor That person was out of line. It's your story and the world you portray is the world in YOUR imagination. Not hers. It doesn't matter if you have cell phones in medieval times because it is YOUR world and it could happen in that world. She was totally wrong to lecture you.
    I told her exactly what you all told
    Me and she’s all like “if you are going to attempt to write a story, make sure you do it accurately

In all technicality Belle is from the modern times so...her choice would be more modern and Merlin could have created it since he knows everything
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    I learned one more lesson about this game today. Do not sell your spouse. If you are going to, break up with them first.

To give a bit more context, my Sims spouse was a Plumbot. And my Sim is all about science, like science skill, gardening, bot building, etc is all maxed out. And since she is very curious, she likes to experiment with things. Marrying with a plumbot was one of those experiments. After her experiment was over, my Sim sold her Plumbot wife, because that robot didn't mean a single thing to her. But because EA didn't clean up the already existing relationship properly, all I got was 10 something script errors after another Sim in my family asked the Sim to break up with the sold Plumbot. ErrorTrap, MasterController, GoHere, and Overwatch, all spit errors at me like it was nothing. And now, I can't even click on my main Sim anymore in the portrait panel.

So, just an advice, do not sell your Plumbot spouses, like I did in my game.
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
    edited June 2021
    Gotta love how effectively Sims can run in mule wedges. :mrgreen: It's a wonder they don't trip and fall. Screenshot-212.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    @bekkasan and @CravenLestat , thank you both for that laugh! :smiley:

I’ve had a long hiatus from swimming but I’m back now.

I just noticed that I wrote "hiatus from swimming" instead of "hiatus from simming" in this comment. Thank you, autocorrect! :smiley: It's not exactly untrue, only irrelevant.

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Been working on this trashy club for about a week now, I think I'm finally finished with it.
    TPbUZDc.jpg
    1K1hNWG.jpg
    8Sd5ngD.jpg
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    My sim got a job to ENLARGE this pool?? It's already bigger than my sims house! Some people have too much money :s

Screenshot-200.jpg

This was the result

Screenshot-201.jpg
    edited June 2021
    Rsanda wrote: »
    I learned one more lesson about this game today. Do not sell your spouse. If you are going to, break up with them first.

Do Not Sell Your Spouse is highly recommended in real life too. :mrgreen: It might not make that particular spouse very happy.

PS: I don't believe "breaking up first" doesn't help in real life. :D Of course in the Sims, though it's a different story. :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    Rsanda wrote: »
    Do Not Sell Your Spouse is highly recommended in real life too. :mrgreen: It might not make that particular spouse very happy.
    While wife selling was a time-honored English custom, it fell out of fashion in the early 20th century (see here).

Eh, not much happening in my game lately, as I'm busy. I'll see if I get to comments tomorrow.
    It's rare that I see the other residents teach their toddlers anything, but here's Ricky Blue teaching the daughter of one of his sisters how to talk, in the park opposite from Donna's and Marvin's house.
    3n50rnA.jpg
    Computer updated today and now my graphics look like mush.
    Jagged edges on everything even though I have smoothness on.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top