Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Club Activities Added with Paranormal Stuff

SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
edited January 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Paranormal Stuff is by far one of the best stuff packs so far, in my opinion. However, I was surprised and disappointed to find that no club system integrations were included with its features. I was hoping that a "Use Séance Table" club action would be added to the Mischief and Mayhem category, but it doesn't seem to have been. There also seems to have been no skill bonus for the Medium Skill added. While I know it is only a five-level skill, other five-level skills (i.e. bowling, Selvadoradian Culture) do in fact have a club bonus.

I would love to see these options added in a future patch. The club system really needs some love. It is still one of my most used features.

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I love the clubs system too but, like whims, they have fallen by the wayside. New emblems and an up-to-date list of activities wouldn't go amiss.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I love the clubs system too but, like whims, they have fallen by the wayside. New emblems and an up-to-date list of activities wouldn't go amiss.

I'm noticing that too. Clubs are a feature that is very loved by many simmers. I think it's really bad if it is just put aside...
    I was also looking forward for setting a sceance club...
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I feel like the devs have totally forgot about clubs. After it was introduced, I feel like each and every pack after Get Together should all have some type of club activity tied to it. That's the whole purpose of "Expansion" packs ..... to actually "expand" the game.

The same things with whims, I like to play a "whims inspired" game, but only if the whims are relevant to my sim (my sims should not randomly be wanting to buy a bee box, when they live in an apartment in the city, and have no garden (or gardening trait/aspiration). Instead they should have whims more in line with their traits, work, lifestyle, etc.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I feel like the devs have totally forgot about clubs. After it was introduced, I feel like each and every pack after Get Together should all have some type of club activity tied to it. That's the whole purpose of "Expansion" packs ..... to actually "expand" the game.

The same things with whims, I like to play a "whims inspired" game, but only if the whims are relevant to my sim (my sims should not randomly be wanting to buy a bee box, when they live in an apartment in the city, and have no garden (or gardening trait/aspiration). Instead they should have whims more in line with their traits, work, lifestyle, etc.

There's a hotel in London that has a bee hotel. They don't have their own garden, but they can use the nearby parks. If your sim has at least a balcony, he can totally keep bees in an apartment. :)

st_ermins_bee_terrace.jpg

https://www.sterminshotel.co.uk/about/bees-kitchen-garden/our-bees/
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    I tried to make a freegan club, but none of the Eco Lifestyle traits were on the list. :disappointed:
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

I completely agree with you on that. They try here and there, mostly just adding new skill-related activities when a new pack comes out, but these additions feel half-baked and buggy as of late.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I really like the idea of a seance club. That’s be cool 😎.

I only got Get Together earlier this year so I didn’t know that other expansions didn’t get included. They should update this via a patch along with new whims.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • shailaputriishailaputrii Posts: 64 Member
    > @BookBear said:
    > I tried to make a freegan club, but none of the Eco Lifestyle traits were on the list. :disappointed:

oof.
  • SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
    BookBear wrote: »
    I tried to make a freegan club, but none of the Eco Lifestyle traits were on the list. :disappointed:

Wait are they actually not on the list? That's wild bad.
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    BookBear wrote: »

Wait are they actually not on the list? That's wild bad.

About half of them are, but freegan definitely isn't. Also some careers and skills just aren't listed.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    > @BookBear said:
    > I tried to make a freegan club, but none of the Eco Lifestyle traits were on the list. :disappointed:

oof.

Thank you, I was wondering what the issues were when you could make your own club, so your comment was very helpful. If anyone else can add other thoughts it would be appreciated.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    That's disappointing! I'm going to be getting Paranormal Stuff next week and wanted to create a Séance club. Hopefully if GT is refreshed in the future it will allow for activities from newer packs to be included as club activities. It does feel like clubs have been forgotten about though.