Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread 🐓

Comments

• KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Captain & The 7 Gnomes.

We arrr so ready to maraud Henford & Bagley and turn this town upside down.
    (The two lads on the left are far from ready…😒).

Captain-7-Gnomes.jpg

People say that I have too much time on my hands.
    I disagree.

Which one are you then Captain? :)
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member
    Kironide wrote: »

My guess would be the one in upper right corner :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member

My guess would be the one in upper right corner :p

:D - Yes, I can definitely see that.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Captain & The 7 Gnomes.

We arrr so ready to maraud Henford & Bagley and turn this town upside down.
    (The two lads on the left are far from ready…😒).

Captain-7-Gnomes.jpg

People say that I have too much time on my hands.
    I disagree.

@Kironide
    I’m the guy with the beard. 😋
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    This is going to sound bizarre, but I think some of the clothing from Journey to Batuu would work well with this pack, especially the outfits that look as if they were woven from llama wool.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2021
    I was planning on mixing and matching some of my JTB CAS items with Cottage Living CAS for Sims who live in the new world. I also think it works well with this pack.
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    This is going to sound bizarre, but I think some of the clothing from Journey to Batuu would work well with this pack, especially the outfits that look as if they were woven from llama wool.

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Nifty Knitting will work well with this pack too. Laundry Day and Eco Lifestyle and Parenthood will work well with the pack too. I am curious if gardening gnomes will return to the series.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    They had me when I saw a chicken beat up a sim in the trailer. When I learned there is multiple new deaths I was even more excited. When I watched kids help adults cook, well I knew I must get the pack. Any pack with family game play is a must buy as it is currently lacking. Throw in attacking chickens and new deaths and I am beyond sold. I already pre-ordered the pack. I never knew I wanted a cottage pack with a farming sub theme, but apparently I more than want it. I can't wait for it.
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

For me Henford-on-Bagley is the most whimsical world in the Sims 4 so I need it for my gameplay. I want to play it today! For me only this world is a reason enough to have this pack. But it also offers features that I want to try <3 I'm in love with those rabbits, I never imagined that we would have rabbits in this game :o The iconic Llama is a must! Since Snowy Escape I haven't felt this excitement for a release day :#

I will preorderer this EP as I did with SE <3

But I have a one criticism and one concern:

-As a supernatural player I always want a new occult, so the "marketing teasing" with fairies was unnecessary, even disrespectful :/ Marketing team, next time you must be more empathic!

-Devs please fix the garden bug!

and now to wait for July 22 :#
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    I know so many people are saying this, but this is the pack of my dreams. (I would have also enjoyed a Midwest style farm- as that is where I'm from), but the cottagecore vibe is SO DREAMY. I kept my expectations low (expecting only chickens at first) but my mind always wandered towards some larger farm animals. I don't care that they are tied to a shed; I play them that way in Sims 3 as well. I would have LOVED some pigs, but I will truck on. Cottage Living is going to be *the pack* for me.
    I may have a hard time keeping my spellcasters in Glimmerbrook, because Henford on Bagley is screaming for them to come home!

*sigh*
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I know so many people are saying this, but this is the pack of my dreams. (I would have also enjoyed a Midwest style farm- as that is where I'm from), but the cottagecore vibe is SO DREAMY. I kept my expectations low (expecting only chickens at first) but my mind always wandered towards some larger farm animals. I don't care that they are tied to a shed; I play them that way in Sims 3 as well. I would have LOVED some pigs, but I will truck on. Cottage Living is going to be *the pack* for me.
    I may have a hard time keeping my spellcasters in Glimmerbrook, because Henford on Bagley is screaming for them to come home!

*sigh*

I feel the same about my vampires. For me, it comes down to whether Henford-on-Bagley is a 7pm, 8pm or 9pm sunset world. If it's either of the first two then I definitely think they're moving.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I'd buy this pack just for kids being able to cook with their parents. I can't even express how excited that one thing is making me. -I wish in a future pack they would add something like having the kids follow their parents while doing chores or skilling so the kids could gain skill while hanging with their parents and chatting...use that multitasking for good things!

And then I just can't wait to see what modders do for the pack. Maybe we'll see other animals.

Honestly, I hope this is something they're thinking about for sims 5 base game. This is perfect.
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I'd buy this pack just for kids being able to cook with their parents.
    that right there is so truly awesome I really cannot wait!

OEII1001 wrote: »

*sigh*

I feel the same about my vampires. For me, it comes down to whether Henford-on-Bagley is a 7pm, 8pm or 9pm sunset world. If it's either of the first two then I definitely think they're moving.

Haha, some of mine move even if it's the latest :p

• kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

*sigh*

Oh, definitely! I don't play vampires as often, but I can definitely imagine a fun playthrough with a vampire in Henford on Bagley!!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited June 2021
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Too bad. :(
    At least now we know. Maybe we can get a fall GP with an occult. By then it will have been two years since RoM.

I don't think because the "possibility for occults in the future" means nothing was planned yet.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I wonder if dogs could keep them foxes away......would be cool
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member

At least now we know. Maybe we can get a fall GP with an occult. By then it will have been two years since RoM.

I don't think because the "possibility for occults in the future" means nothing was planned yet.

I think you are right. But the pace at which they are released is terribly slow.
    At least my spellcasters can add to the whimsical or charming side of this world.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited June 2021

Mmmm, I don't think "possibility" means they don't know yet when or whether occults are coming, it could very well just mean that they're not ready for us to know yet.

Personally I think we will get either fairies or werewolves sooner rather than later, and at least one of those is at least in development already, even if we don't get one this fall.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member

I understood it as a hint that occults are coming in a future pack. The original question didn‘t even mention future packs yet SimGuruRomeo brought it up anyway.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Mmmm, I don't think "possibility" means they don't know yet when or whether occults are coming, it could very well just mean that they're not ready for us to know yet.

Personally I think we will get either fairies or werewolves sooner rather than later, and at least one of those is at least in development already, even if we don't get one this fall.

yeah, they're certainly on their way.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top