Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

July Patch Speculation 2021 (Emergency Patch Is Out)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
Making this early cause we now know Cottage Living is releasing July 22nd. This will be a big update. One thing I'm expecting is the pond tool. Hoping we get cars in the July update and more pool items.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Cooking overhaul is very likely, just like Fishing was in pre-IL patch and Gardening in pre-Seasons patch.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 918 Member
    the kids can cook mod will need too be updated
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 918 Member
    the kids can cook mod will need too be updated
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    The pond tool for sure, cars I doubt.
    I think gardening will be fixed and may get additional features.
    My guess is that the development of this pack is the only reason gardening wasn’t fixed sooner.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    The pond tool for sure, cars I doubt.
    I think gardening will be fixed and may get additional features.
    My guess is that the development of this pack is the only reason gardening wasn’t fixed sooner.

I"m hoping cars will be coming in June. Also I wonder what that Summer Event is for the sims coming. I'm not talking about the one with the LGBT I'm talking about the other one.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited June 2021
    I agree on the pond tool and the cooking update. I think they will add group cooking in the update, but not add canning. I think they will keep that to the expansion pack. On the other hand, canning will be tied to cooking, so it could go in the update as well.

I do hope that gardening is fixed. The over-sized produce in the new pack is on a different system, according to the guru tweet I read. So none of the previous fruit/veggies will be over-sized. That makes me wonder how much of a gardening update there will be. I hope it is a good one.

Since they are adding more activity for children, maybe they will add 'children can garden'. I think that could be in the update.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,943 Member
    hopefully many bug fixes

but also the pond tool
    and perhaps something... romancey... ?
    for crumplebottom to disapprove of?

*puppy eyes @ devs*
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2021
    Hm, Cottage Living is releasing exactly the same day as EA Play. July 22nd. Maybe they will have something to announce then, or just showcase Cottage Living and say that it's out.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    Well, there's no way I can tie our sims getting body hair into the new content, so the pond tool, bug fixes and some cooking and gardening alterations.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited June 2021
    I think the things confirmed were pond tool, some gardening stuff for large vegetables (may be pack exclusive itself, but there was talking around a patch and fixes are probably coming), and kid accessibility for gardening and cooking.

However, I also think there will be a cooking overhaul. I have thought they would always have to to include meat as an ingredient, which has been confirmed. There is also a fair chance some level of grocery functionally may be patch possible. I also think it is possible and even likely that the new lot challenge system will be base, but have exclusive DLC lot challenges.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    hopefully many bug fixes

but also the pond tool
    and perhaps something... romancey... ?
    for crumplebottom to disapprove of?

*puppy eyes @ devs*

I think the only new romance option is a new woohoo spot.

logion wrote: »
    Hm, Cottage Living is releasing exactly the same day as EA Play. July 22nd. Maybe they will have something to announce then, or just showcase Cottage Living and say that it's out.

I hope then they reveal what's coming in August to October. I'm expecting a big drought with maybe 1 or 2 new kits.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think that there will be a gp before November and I think we will get an ep in December
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,943 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Well, there's no way I can tie our sims getting body hair into the new content,

farmers don't have time to shave so they need body hair ;)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Also wondering if this is the best time to patch in body hair... when else than before a "natural" pack?
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I would think we would get an update for the likes and dislikes category related to favorite foods.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    Making this early cause we now know Cottage Living is releasing July 22nd. This will be a big update. One thing I'm expecting is the pond tool. Hoping we get cars in the July update and more pool items.

I think the pond tool is likely to be included. I would also love cars to be added 🥺. Even 3 to start would be so good, a cheap one, a middle and expensive.

Also body hair and maybe more diving boards, different heights would be great.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I am hoping something to do with bands that has a very summer flair.
  • NicoleaNicolea Posts: 48 Member
    edited June 2021
    So do you guys think it’s possible that they will give us cars in one of the updates this summer? Also how many more base game updates do we have left one or two?
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I think that there will be a gp before November and I think we will get an ep in December

This is what I'm thinking. Or at least hoping for. Especially if it's an Occult GP. *Crosses fingers, toes, arms, and legs*

I think the pond tool is likely to be included. I would also love cars to be added 🥺. Even 3 to start would be so good, a cheap one, a middle and expensive.

Also body hair and maybe more diving boards, different heights would be great.

Romeo confirmed pond update is coming in the July Patch.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Gardening overhaul is very likely since Cottage Living is largely about gardening.
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Gardening overhaul is very likely since Cottage Living is largely about gardening.

That was already done with Seasons, gardening only needs bug fixes at this point.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Cars would probably come in the same pack as horses, since both features faces the same problem
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Maybe they’ll patch in the calendar from seasons. There were rumors.