Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I’m tempted to install the clean hood templates by meetme2theriver. Hopefully it isn’t too complicated to do so. I haven’t played Sims 2 in a while. I don’t often play with premades, perhaps I’ll experiment with them!
    So I installed all the clean hood templates which took a long time. Currently playing with the Brokes. Brandi somehow got a memory of becoming BFFs with Skip, even though he’s dead... uhh... what?
    Well, the templates definitely worked... Brandi’s baby was a girl! I called her Riley. She also has blonde hair.
    Now I’ll probably create my own family... I do still have my old Sedona hood, but it’s not in the neighbourhood folder right now, as I figured it would be easier to move it to the desktop whilst I was installing all the clean hoods. And anyway, it’s always fun to start something new. Now to plan the family details...
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited May 2021
    Well, the templates definitely worked... Brandi’s baby was a girl! I called her Riley. She also has blonde hair.
    Now I’ll probably create my own family... I do still have my old Sedona hood, but it’s not in the neighbourhood folder right now, as I figured it would be easier to move it to the desktop whilst I was installing all the clean hoods. And anyway, it’s always fun to start something new. Now to plan the family details...

Hi :mrgreen:
    Wonderful that it worked!
    Oh, yes. Planning a bit a family drama. :lol:
    @emorrill wrote: »
    @Rflong7 I don't ever remember seeing that during my Sims 2 playing days! :smiley: That's adorable!

I agree! It's so cute.

Here is something I just saw in my game... I've never seen it before. :lol:

I can hear Kobe saying, "AaaarrrrR!!"
    KcSljKc.jpg
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
    The Broke Family

Beau's favourite hobby is Music and Dance. He loves playing with the xylophone!

vIvqp7L.jpg

When Dustin got home from school, he got lectured by Brandi for poor grades. Right in front of Angela, too. Poor guy.

ywN27nC.jpg

Dustin's favourite hobby is Nature, which he discovered whilst collecting butterflies.

lPYR0Va.jpg

Not wishing to get told off again, Dustin decided to work on his homework.

BhB318t.jpg

Beau grew up! Brandi managed to teach him all his skills.

BGGkFmV.jpg

Brandi got into painting as a way of earning a bit of money. Her favourite hobby is Arts.

9MH5AX1.jpg

Dustin decided to quit his criminal job, and get one in the entertainment career as his Lifetime Want is to be top of that career.

R5oRPTX.jpg

It's a girl! Brandi immediately rolled the want to have ten children. Hahaha NOPE!

TKLnDAk.jpg

It wasn't long before Riley grew up. Brandi definitely went all-out with the pink, she was definitely happy to have a girl!

trepttk.jpg

I think I'll go and play with the Curious family in Strangetown next.
    Ugh my game crashed... everything was going so well too. Pascal had had a girl called Tara who was a toddler, Vidcund had just given birth to a girl who I'd just named Lily... and Lazlo was also in his third trimester :D And now I've lost all that progress, sigh... I could fairly easily replicate it I guess. I've no idea why it crashed. Maybe it's just one of those things.
  • o0Sazie0oo0Sazie0o Posts: 29 Member
    I just started over again. My game was sadly corrupted from deleting things I shouldn't of done, learned the hard way but I got to backup some of my characters. Lora Minish a artist, trying to improve her painting skills.
    snapshot-cdc4fcf0-2dc68531.jpg
    Last time in my old gameplay, (before everything got corrupted) Lora met Cody and luckily I got to save him too. They got married last time and sadly didn't get to show it, although I got a cute pic of them together again in the new playthrough.
    snapshot-cdc4fcf0-edcc5fe7.jpg
    Yay! More stories of Sims 2. I so enjoy seeing them and reading what others are doing. :heart:

I've restarted my Copacy Challenge.
    It's an Alphabet Challenge where I'm copying Candi's Uglacy and Prettacy with the Sims townies/NPCs in order but not actually the Stories. She's a better writer and entertainer than I am. I'm just reliving some of them fun I got by reading her stories.

He'll start it off with an Apocalypse (because I like them), then move on to an Officially Wacky Boolprop Challenge, then on to ... something else. :lol:

I named him Jr Copacy. He'll be marrying Sandy Bruty. She got a makeover. :)
    CavPZFX.png

I need to make friends of the future spouses.
    This is Tiffany, who will marry his son (maybe daughter if he doesn't have a son).
    c9lXiuN.png

I don't know how long until they can hire Service Sims so he made friends with Carmen.
    ub6e6NE.png

edited June 2021
    I’ve been playing and taking screenshots but not actually uploading them!

In Pleasantview I have the Jones family. Parents are Mark and Claire, and they have quads... Beth, Emma, Faye and Katie. They’re now teenagers. All are redheads... so many of my Sims are, being a redhead myself (although more auburn than bright ginger) I’m always partial to redheads!

Then I created a custom hood called Crystal Springs. Currently there are just three families and no community lots.
    1) Melissa and Chris Cooper have three kids: twins Isla and Theo, as well as Amelia. Isla and Theo are teens, and Amelia is a child. Melissa is a brunette and Chris is blond, the twins are both blonde and Amelia is brunette. Isla also happens to look a lot like her mum!
    They also have their own Bigfoot, who’s called Talin. They run a level 9 business from home... following a tip I found online a while ago, they run a 24/7 entertainment centre. Well, it’s really just a pool table, some poker tables and some mahjong tables. Plus a hot tub. Hopefully it’ll get to level 10 soon!
    2) Maria and Miguel Lopez have twin sons Mateo and Rafael who are currently toddlers. They all have black hair.
    3) Sarah and Craig McDonald recently became parents to twins Cameron (boy) and Catriona (girl). Again, another family of redheads although the twins are still babies so don’t have hair yet.

All in all, it seems like I really enjoy having multiples in game :D So much chaos!

I’m currently thinking of other potential family ideas for Crystal Springs. I think I’ll create a same-sex couple next, who adopt their kids. And then maybe a Sim who becomes a witch. Oh yeah, and it’ll need some community lots too!
    Post edited by Lucy_Henley on
  • o0Sazie0oo0Sazie0o Posts: 29 Member
    While playing Lora and Cody, Lora got pregnant a few times.
    I forgot to screenshot most of it, Got some screenshots of them as toddlers before one of them grew up. This is Zinny below.
    snapshot-cdc4fcf0-adcc6dcd.jpg
    And this is Cherri
    snapshot-cdc4fcf0-0dcfac49.jpg
    Cherri grew up nicely with her family, she is very outgoing and active girl. Her father seems to really love and care about her a lot. Its adorable!
    snapshot-cdc4fcf0-4dc7c9ff.jpg
    snapshot-cdc4fcf0-4dcfb7c0.jpg
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Ugh my game crashed... everything was going so well too. Pascal had had a girl called Tara who was a toddler, Vidcund had just given birth to a girl who I'd just named Lily... and Lazlo was also in his third trimester :D And now I've lost all that progress, sigh... I could fairly easily replicate it I guess. I've no idea why it crashed. Maybe it's just one of those things.

That really sucks!
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
    So, here are some screenshots of everyone I mentioned previously.

The Jones Family

They have cats! Forgot to mention them... Vanilla and Nutmeg. Vanilla is female and Nutmeg is male.

oef7yCc.jpg

Mark works in the military. It's not his lifetime want, but I don't often have Sims in the military and I thought it'd go with his mechanical skill; his preferred hobby is Tinkering.

zscPZK3.jpg

Claire and Mark are both Family Sims... Mark rolled the want to have ten children. Nope! Perhaps I'll install a mod that allows for bigger households and then have a family have ten kids.

C86Orir.jpg

The magical floating baby glitch...

Zh8Th4S.jpg

The girls' room. Beth is pink, Emma is blue, Faye is green and Katie is yellow.

DHOi4Z1.jpg

Yes, the girls are all wearing my favourite toddler outfit. :D I was really happy when I found recolours of it on Mod the Sims, so now I can have a blue and purple/lilac version (as well as a few other colours I've not really used).

3UmofDu.jpg

The downstairs homework room.

Pw63z6p.jpg

I gave the family a pool, as Emma's favourite hobby is Fitness. Beth and Katie both like Film and Literature, whilst Faye's favourite hobby is Cuisine, the same as Claire.

MKHSKb5.jpg

For a while, the girls wore this long-sleeved dress and tights combo...

YtqdM7z.jpg

... then I changed them to my favourite outfit :D

r3OwXq4.jpg

They bought a property in Twikkii Island, where they went to stay.

dv1I5Mh.jpg

Mark visited the Mysterious Hut and fixed everything. He received a voodoo doll for his efforts!

w70oaSi.jpg

fiqeUYQ.jpg

When they got back home, it was soon birthday time!

oWKM8lz.jpg

• Heehee_BearHeehee_Bear Posts: 13 New Member
    Dina Caliente left Mortimer Goth at the altar
    I’ve been having fun with the latest family in Crystal Springs, the Murray-Joneses. The parents are Natasha and Alice. They adopted SIX kids in total. I decided to have each kid wear a colour from the gay pride flag! So we have...

1) Daniel, in red
    2) Emily, in orange
    3) Felicity, in yellow
    4) Grace, in green
    5) Hannah, in blue
    6) Isaac, in purple.

Yeah, that’s four girls in a row... hahaha. Daniel, Emily and Grace all have blonde hair and green eyes. Felicity, Hannah and Isaac have black hair. Daniel just became a teen, Emily, Felicity and Grace are children, and Hannah and Isaac are toddlers (Isaac just became one). They’re all two days apart. Daniel is BFFs with a townie, and I might see if he can start a relationship with her. I might also have them move house. I originally had Natasha and Alice move into one of the lot bin houses, then extended it a bit which has worked so far, but really they need somewhere bigger. The kitchen/dining area in particular is too small. They also haven’t got much of a garden.
    I played a bit more with the McDonald family. Cameron and Catriona got into private school!

I’ll share some screenshots of all the Crystal Springs residents soon.
    edited June 2021
    Thanks for sharing your Pictures and Stories! :heart:

I decided to start an new Challenge - of course. :lol:

I made a Sim who makes me think of Cartoon Superheros. He's just so cute to me. :sunglasses:
    It's in a Neighborhood I made last year. His name is Kyle McDomoore.

g3hilqg.png
    It'll start with a Bachelor Challenge but first I built the house. I should have thought it out better but I love this style house. :lol:

It's a Mini Mansion.
    eDmsU4u.jpg

vJCeG8X.jpg

8XyRxC4.jpg

w1NxMWu.png

The bar was added and drinks mixed, in hopes all the Sims would come hang out...

A7hsIhu.png
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    What happened in my game today: For the past week or something I've been working on my own custom University Subhood. I finished all the playable Sims and now I'm focusing on getting the dormies right.

So, I made 28 different dormies fitting in 7 different 'social groups' (Nerds, Jocks, Preppies, Hippies, Goths, Hipsters, and Regulars). And I assigned 1 Sim per social group to be a part of the secret society.

Once I got them all assigned as dormies I decided to playtest them a bit to see if all's working well and so far so good - everyone appeared well and all was well. But then I got to testing out the secret society...

I got a Sim taken by them and when they arrived ALL TWENTY-EIGHT TOWNIES were there to greet her :joy::joy::joy:

I guess I have to load up a backup and see where I went wrong XD
    Banner.png
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing your Pictures and Stories! :heart:

I decided to start an new Challenge - of course. :lol:

I made a Sim who makes me think of Cartoon Superheros. He's just so cute to me. :sunglasses:
    It's in a Neighborhood I made last year. His name is Kyle McDomoore.

g3hilqg.png
    It'll start with a Bachelor Challenge but first I built the house. I should have thought it out better but I love this style house. :lol:

It's a Mini Mansion.
    eDmsU4u.jpg

vJCeG8X.jpg

8XyRxC4.jpg

w1NxMWu.png

The bar was added and drinks mixed, in hopes all the Sims would come hang out...

A7hsIhu.png

I always love it when people use the sliders to make truly unique Sims :smiley:

As for his name: 'Domoor' happens to be the Dutch word for Dummy so I can easily imagine Kyle not being the sharpest tool in the shed XD
    Banner.png
    edited June 2021
    What happened in my game today: For the past week or something I've been working on my own custom University Subhood. I finished all the playable Sims and now I'm focusing on getting the dormies right.

So, I made 28 different dormies fitting in 7 different 'social groups' (Nerds, Jocks, Preppies, Hippies, Goths, Hipsters, and Regulars). And I assigned 1 Sim per social group to be a part of the secret society.

Once I got them all assigned as dormies I decided to playtest them a bit to see if all's working well and so far so good - everyone appeared well and all was well. But then I got to testing out the secret society...

I got a Sim taken by them and when they arrived ALL TWENTY-EIGHT TOWNIES were there to greet her :joy::joy::joy:

I guess I have to load up a backup and see where I went wrong XD

Dangggg, I don't know HOW, but for some reason said test student is moved in and a Secret Society member in all the backups :( Despite the secret society itself not even being there :C I'm really concerned.

Anyone knows how to REMOVE a Sim's secret society status using mods?
    Banner.png

As for his name: 'Domoor' happens to be the Dutch word for Dummy so I can easily imagine Kyle not being the sharpest tool in the shed XD

I like different looking Sims, too.

I believe you can use boolprop testingcheatsenabled true to remove Sims from the Secret Society. Problem is, you'll have to click on each Sim to remove them. :(
    It is strange that Sims would be added without any Secret Society building having been added. :(

I believe you can use boolprop testingcheatsenabled true to remove Sims from the Secret Society. Problem is, you'll have to click on each Sim to remove them. :(
    It is strange that Sims would be added without any Secret Society building having been added. :(

I think it worked :D Thanks thanks THANKS a lot, you saved me a lot of trouble there Rflong :smiley:

As for how, I did some testing for my uni subhood, but somehow said tests also affected my backed up of that town on my desktop :thinking: Which has me really puzzled.
    Banner.png

I think it worked :D Thanks thanks THANKS a lot, you saved me a lot of trouble there Rflong :smiley:

As for how, I did some testing for my uni subhood, but somehow said tests also affected my backed up of that town on my desktop :thinking: Which has me really puzzled.

I think it blew up. ⚱
    Guess I'll have to keep the focus on my main hood project for now :sweat_smile:
    Banner.png

I think it blew up. ⚱

Well, sometimes blowing things up teaches us something. :)
    I'm sure you'll get it right next try.

I think it blew up. ⚱

Well, sometimes blowing things up teaches us something. :)
    I'm sure you'll get it right next try.

True, true XD Hopefully completing a main hood will help me out a bit for future references :) Thanks for the encouragement :smiley:
    Banner.png
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    God 🐸🐸🐸🐸, I was playing the Goth/Caliente family, Mortimer had just died of old age and his 2 children grew up to teenager. And then my game crashed. Lost 2 Sim days of progress I think... Mortimer is alive again and the kids are children again. I always try to save it as much as possible but i can't save it when there are ghosts active on the lot, which is a lot. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 this makes me mad.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top