Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which premade families do you keep?

ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
I have purchased Snowy Escapes and because my computer can only handle 80 Saved Sims max. I had to be tough choosing which premade households I keep. I’m only including Expansion Packs as Game Packs have fewer townies anyway.
I save only one household per new world. This is who I kept but who would keep if you could save one household?

Eco Lifestyle: Harris family.
Cats & Dogs: Brant & Brent Hecking. Moving in Jamie Delgato.
Get Together: Joaquin and Sergio Romeo. Moving in Mila Munch.
Snowy Escapes: Akiyama family.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    I learned on this forum that the 80 sim limit is not a limit on the number of sims in the world. It's a limit on the number of played sims.

• Options
    I learned on this forum that the 80 sim limit is not a limit on the number of sims in the world. It's a limit on the number of played sims.

Yes that’s right. Sorry I meant played Sims. I’ll edit.

Other Sims are there but they don’t retain skills or relationships. I go through the unplayed Sims once a month and delete who I don’t like.

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I usually keep them all that are actually in homes until I hit 200, and then I start pruning the ones I care about the least. If I really care about them, I take the family and edit them in CAS to make a version I plop down in every save.

Of those, I have the Heckings from C&D (gave them an English Bulldog and a child). The Hoapili family from IL (added two grandkids and a cat). And several from GPs, which you were not so interested in.

I personally like Yuki and Candy from GT, so I would have saved them. The Goth family from Willow Creek. Probably Caliente from Oasis springs. I am completely neutral to the SE families, but if I had to pick it would be the older couple with their granddaughter. In CL... I don't know. I like both the Karaoke household and the art critic. I occasionally marry them off to played Sims. In GF I like bits of all three landed families, but I would probably choose Ward. Probably the Pleasant twins in DU, but I also like the best friend roommates. In EL, I'd probably try to preserve all the master NPC types, so you picked the one family I deemed nonessential, but I have played with them, too.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I keep most of them in their houses,,and do play several, but have had to drop a few favorites to lower my numbers as we get more expansions and more new households. I enjoy making a new sim or family with packs so that means some I have favorited, I need to drop.

So here is a list of ones I use most:

The Goths…… they are iconic and remind me of when I first started playing way back in the sims 1 and 2.

The Landgrabbs, another iconic family that brings back memories.

The Callientes. They and the Landgrabbs I cheat with because they own businesses.

Candy Bher

Paulo Rocco

Vanessa Jong

The Beheeda’s.

Morgan Frys

The Pleasant sisters. Another iconic family.

The Charm Family I haven’t really played them but the family interests me.

The two older women and their son in Eco lifestyle interest me too, but I haven’t really played them yet,

The Valtores. I haven’t really played vampires, but I’m interested in those two.

The Jangs. ( I haven’t played them much but I love their apartment and the story I can see behind them. I want to explore them more.

I haven’t played many households in the newer packs, or really explored many of the families.

I have more favorited, but many of these I have listed I seemed to really make my own, or want them attached to sims I made., or want to explore them more.

• Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I tend to keep them, but ignore them.
    I may have some my Sims marry them if they hit it off, and I am only in the first couple generations with rotational play so far.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited June 2021
    I keep them all in other households and only put the ones I am actively playing in played households

edit: wait i lied i deleted the get famous premades that have same name as someone from ts2 cause i added the ts2 ones and i didnt need the fakes for anything

edit 2:i did also delete baby ariel I don't need real people in my game thank

to play along with this game though these are my favourites per world:
    Forgotten Hollow - Vladislaus Straud
    Del Sol Valley - Judith Ward
    Brindleton Bay - Hecking
    Windenburg - Munch
    San Myshuno - Feng
    Willow Creek - Pancakes

*shocked gasp*
    I really couldn't delete goths though but like i could add better goths u kno

Oasis Springs - Landgraab

*gasp 2*
    I wouldn't delete caliente + don either though that just be lot of work to add them back in

Sulani: okay this is a struggle cause i honestly couldn't come up with better sulani sims can i just not delete
    *puppy eyes*

MT.K:
    I'll delete sims from here instead of sulani cause only sim i really know is theres cute teen dude in one of the households so id probably keep that sim

Glimmerbrook:
    um just kinda meh so i dont really care
    morgyn? perhaps?

Strangerville:
    erm uh um i kinda like all but i guess erwin?

evergreen harbor: Harris for the bag guy

britechester: pleasant

...i guess in the end its just list of who i would invite to my dinner party
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    I keep them all because I like them. I usually play with only one household per save, so I don't need to delete anyone.
    I've once populated the save with my own Sims and deleted the premades and that was a big mistake. I missed the premades and the game felt empty. I deleted the whole save eventually because I didn't like it. I like my own Sims but I like the premades too. I don't need to play with them, I just want to see them and maybe interact with them sometimes. I can't imagine Sims 4 without them.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I keep them all and I play with them all.
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited June 2021
    I usually keep all of them, but I give them makeovers. I do have like 2 saves where I emptied the houses and deleted premade families and sims. I also have 1 save dedicated for only playing with premades and I also add my favorites from the promo sims that can be downloaded from Gallery.
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    I don't keep any premades, I delete everyone and populate the worlds with my own sims, I feel no connection or care for the premades :)
    The only family I ocassionally leave are the Goths.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I keep them all because I like them. I usually play with only one household per save, so I don't need to delete anyone.
    I've once populated the save with my own Sims and deleted the premades and that was a big mistake. I missed the premades and the game felt empty. I deleted the whole save eventually because I didn't like it. I like my own Sims but I like the premades too. I don't need to play with them, I just want to see them and maybe interact with them sometimes. I can't imagine Sims 4 without them.
    I agree. I took most of the premade Sims in one save and didn’t like it. I started a new game pronto and it was good to see familiar faces milling about again.

I tend to think of the Goths, Landgraab and Pancakes as part of the world so I don’t see them as premades or townies. They only die through accidents. 😭

It’s great we all like different Sims. I’m glad most like the Goths too. 😊

@Simmingal I love the idea of thinking which Sims I’d like to invite to a dinner party. 🎉

• Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    All of them! It never even occurred to me to delete any premade Sims.
  • Options
    derevaunderevaun Posts: 46 Member
    I delete the households that have sims I've gotten close to in previous saves, in order to not cloud those memories. I don't delete the Goths or the Landgraabs, because I don't find them very relatable but they're an important part of the environment. With some others, like the Fengs, Kealohas, Bjergsons, and Zest-Pizzazz, I purposely give them toddlers (with play with genetics), because it's worked out so well in the past.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited June 2021
    I keep them all and I tend to give them makeovers, sometimes I have removed some premade sims.

If I could only have a limited amount of premades it would probably be The Goths, The Calientes, BFF, Parti Haus, Fyres, Karaoke Household, Bheeda, Pizzazz, Best Friends, Greenburg, Tinker, Akiyama and also Flemming, Broke, Jeong, Fletcher and Mahi'ai if possible. It would be difficult for me to get rid of any of those.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited June 2021
    Eco Lifestyle: Knox and his family
    Cats & Dogs: Delgatos? Would probably skip
    Get Together: Villareal family
    Snowy Escapes: Ito family

I quite often remove the premades from their houses because I want those for another use and then either rehome them or mark them unplayed and unfavourited so that they still walk around the town.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    logion wrote: »
    I keep them all and I tend to give them makeovers, sometimes I have removed some premade sims.

If I could only have a limited amount of premades it would probably be The Goths, The Calientes, BFF, Parti Haus, Fyres, Karaoke Household, Bheeda, Pizzazz, Best Friends, Greenburg, Tinker, Akiyama and also Flemming, Broke, Jeong, Fletcher and Mahi'ai if possible. It would be difficult for me to get rid of any of those.

I just started playing with the Akiyama family last night and really liked them. I think I’ll have a lot of fun with the winter sports with them.

With the BBF house, when Travis gets a new girlfriend I always think she wouldn’t like him living with two other girls, so I usually get her to invite those two girls over for a pool party ...where they go missing. 😈

Goths 😎🥳.

Oh yes and the Calientes but I do give Nina and Dina makeovers ASAP!

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The Landgraabs only. I'm into the fifth generation and have so many families descended from the four chapters...

Jeremy - Knight, Elderberry, McManus.

Jim - Landgraab.

Cornelius - chapter closed.

Jessica - Veleta, Gregory, Westbrook.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    One household per world… looks like I’ll need to get creative to save my favorites.

Willow Creek: BFF

Oasis Springs: Zest
    Johnny is usually on good standing with the Renegades, so he will shelter Ulrike Faust, Wolfgang Munch, Morgan Fyres, Carlos Patel, Neal Peterson and Mia McNally.

Windenburg: Villareal
    Will move in Portia and Brandon Colch. They will be so happy that their rivals (Feng and Landgraab) are gone, lol.

Forgotten Hollow: None

San Myshuno: Lobo
    Diego will take in Amber Stein and Armand Di Aggro – a snobby, fancy household.

Brindleton Bay: Lynx
    Kate will rescue the Delgatos’ cat and Mayor Whiskers.

Del Sol Valley: Jeong

Strangerville: Sigworth
    Will take in Erwin Pries, George Cahill and Captain Whitaker (who is often George’s dog in my saves) and they might live in the crashed plane lot.

Sulani: Hoapili
    Will take in Duane Talla and Tane Ngata.

Britechester: Julia Wright (Becca can go)
    Will be joined by new students Danny Shino-Miller, Rohan Elderberry and Jordan Mayer and also move out of the dorm into a residential.

Evergreen Harbour: Betty and Rico
    June Kay will move in with them, because I feel the town’s crafting theme would fit her.

Mt. Komorebi: Whichever is the smallest household will move in Yuki and Candy Behr. Then the original sims will get deleted, leaving only the Behr sisters.

So this isn't looking much different from the survivors of my usual premade purges. I'm going to save this list and maybe play this constellation sometime.
    (There’s a couple of unfamiliar names in my list, they are all Maxis gallery sims that I love.)
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I ignore them and don't really know anything about them (I can't really tell premades from townies tbh but I recognize names like Goth, Landgrabb, Vatore, etc.). I don't think I've ever played with any premades and I've had the games since the week it was released. I like to make my own sims and let the premades do whatever.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited June 2021
    I've kept them all(except the vampires in Forgotten Hallow). Most of the gen 1s are dead, like Morgan Fyres parents.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Who am I to play God? Is it truly my place to decide who stays and who goes? lol

Okay but seriously, I don't usually delete townies. I let them live and use them to further the needs of my families when the needs arise. Then I simply ignore them again. who knows, maybe one day one of my sims will become a Landgraab or a Goth or maybe a Zest??? The locals add flavor to the game so I think they're worth messing around with.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    All of them, just because I'm lazy.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    All of them, just because I'm lazy.

Best answer yet!
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I mainly play with my own sims. I did not play with the original houses in Willow Creek or Oasis Springs because I just played one household for several generations. My game turned into a rotation when I decided to follow several siblings and random new characters that I added. More recently, I do check out all of the households.

Willow Creek: Summer Holiday married into my original household. I have a "new" Goth family that I said are distant cousins of the originals. Of my own households, notable sims include a "Seasons family". I added a family with that pack that is still in my game. There's also a large family called Lopez with several branches. They're descended from a Spa Day yoga instructor who turned into a wealthy fitness guru and had a bunch of kids. He has the long life trait so he is still around two generations later.

Oasis Springs: I actually didn't play with any of these but filled up the world with new sims that I play.

Windenburg: Bjergsens - they were all over my game. The daughters are adults now. Sofia is a hippie in Oasis Springs while Elsa is a doctor who kept the house and married an Italian stay-at-home dad. Villareals - all of them. Siobhan Fyres - she married someone else, not Sergio. She's now a successful businesswoman and still lives in that house. Her kids are grown up.

Forgotten Hollow: All of them but rarely.

San Myshuno: I actually played the Rasoyas. Raj had a traditional marriage and 5 kids who all went in different directions. One of his sons lives in Umbrage Villa, I think, in Willow Creek with a snobby wife and is a successful businessman. His daughter is an activist in San Myshuno who married her next door neighbor and is kind of a feminist with two daughters. A third son is really traditional. Two younger sons are around university age and they are techie. As I played it, nothing weird went on between Raj and his mother, she was just pressuring him to get married. I removed the unflirty trait and had him marry someone his mother approved of.

I should add that I play Salim Benali though it has been a while. He married his best friend, a beautiful bartender. He's a writer and she is a restaurant critic. They have three sons. They moved into the nicer place next door, obviously. No real drama there. They are a happy family.

Brindleton Bay: The Heckings adopted a son. One of the Heckings is male-to-female transgendered, Brent, I think. I moved the Delgatos to a large house in Oasis Springs because they hated the weather in Brindleton Bay. As I played them, they are Brazilian & Trinidadian and the weather just wasn't working for them. They love their new neighborhood in Oasis Springs on the green side of town across from a pool I added.

Sulani: I play this as a largely indigenous island with ownership restrictions so I've played all of the households sometimes. I added a shipwrecked character who married a woman who was living in the research station. The shipwrecked guy had a shaggy beard and only one worn out beachy outfit. Randomly, they won the lottery right around their wedding day so they had a million simoleons. As a result, I downloaded a posh beach mansion for them that they moved into. That's actually one of my favorite households.

Del Sol Valley: Judith Ward - I kind of love her as well because she has a lot of character and creates a lot of drama but always comes out on top. After marrying her butler-turned-star, the marriage failed when she rehearsed with a bit too much enthusiasm with one of her co-stars. She is remarried to the second husband for now. I kind of want to age her down and give her more time to get into shenanigans. I think she'll have a child at some point and be very jealous.

StrangerVille: Oddly, I play the Roswell house because Ted Roswell amuses me a little bit. I think he's another funny character. He was rejected by my main character for the story who married a military guy who helped her solve the situation. Ted and Meredith divorced and Meredith has actually moved across the street. Ted married Leslie Holland who is a hippie. They are opposites attracting. Meredith lives with the other roommates and is going to radically change from uptight to a happier person.

Britechester: I've only played these households a few times. I like the Elderberries a lot. Angela recently married Salim Benali's son and has a new baby. Lilith will probably move out but I don't know entirely what she will do.

Evergreen Harbor: I've played Knox a bit and I like him a lot. Currently, he's a dreamer in that tiny bedroom. He has not fallen in love. I do plan to send him skiing/snowboarding in Mt. Komorebi. I have played the Harrises a little bit, they had a third son. They're kind of "blue collar". Jed has not moved out yet. I have a family that are the Grims. I added them as descendants of the founder of Grim's Quarry. They are aging parents and a less traditional teenage daughter.

Mt. Komorebi: I have only checked in, not deeply played but I run into the Akiyama house quite a bit. I've played the family household in the lowest town. I've sent vacationers several times. I plan to go back and play this world more sometime.

Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I keep all of them but I've never really played with the pre-mades in the Sims 4. I was thinking about starting a new legacy play and having heirs continue the family line with pre-mades.

In the past however, I have always played with the Pleasant family.
    WbUrFQm.png