Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What radio station(s) will it be for Cottage Living EP?

Comments

• DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    Other (Leave a comment and tell me what you want)
    I'm in need of a classic rock radiostation. So far I can only choose between alternative and heavy metal, that's a little bit few, when I'm looking at the several pop music radiostation we have ingame. B)
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    @CelSims you got all Opera TV stations in the UK (I am assuming you're from the UK)? That is cool, I'd totally like such a TV station in game.

Soap Operas, sorry I don't know what they're called elsewhere. Daytime Serial? Not one station, the different stations have them aired at different times, so you can watch Coronation Street on one channel, then switch to Eastenders right after. I haven't lived in England for 10 years but I can't imagine that has changed :) Even know I still some times wonder whats going on in them lol.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    @CelSims you got all Opera TV stations in the UK (I am assuming you're from the UK)? That is cool, I'd totally like such a TV station in game.

Soap Operas, sorry I don't know what they're called elsewhere. Daytime Serial? Not one station, the different stations have them aired at different times, so you can watch Coronation Street on one channel, then switch to Eastenders right after. I haven't lived in England for 10 years but I can't imagine that has changed :) Even know I still some times wonder whats going on in them lol.

If you watched Emmerdale like I do, you'd be so prepared for the upcoming EP. :)
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »

If you watched Emmerdale like I do, you'd be so prepared for the upcoming EP. :)

OMG how did I forget Emmerdale!!!! I'm finding myself getting quite homesick with every thing we know about this pack. I'm busy trying to turn my acre here in MI into a little cottage garden/homestead haven to live what I'm missing. Still trying to persuade the SO in regards to getting a few chickens...

I'm sorry for getting off topic D:
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Shape note type music? Probably not.

Bluegrass would fit the theme perfectly.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Somebody in The Sims Community/team need to answer my question about radio stations before Imma get upset!
    Keep voting! We need to find out what radio stations will be for Cottage Living
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Celtic
    I would love a Celtic station!
    #Team Occult
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    Hmm, I have no idea. I'd like country but it wouldn't fit with the world IMO.
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    Country and Celtic
    Personally I would prefer Celtic, though I wouldn't mind country (just so I have something to make my sims dislike).
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    No word yet on radio stations from SimGuruRomeo. Maybe their saving that for the live stream.
    No word yet on radio stations from SimGuruRomeo. Maybe their saving that for the live stream.
    Very well then, Cat
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I don't think there will be new stations.
    I don't think there will be new stations.

There might not but I hope that song on the trailer ends up on one of the pre existing stations.
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    Ye Olde English Pub Radio. :lol:

I want traditional English drinking songs so my Sims can have a pint and sing along after a hard day's work on the farm. Obviously.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I'm imagining 'Vindaloo' and 'It's Coming Home'.
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    edited June 2021
    Country is too American, and Celtic is quite niche. I don't listen to the radio much (I live in the UK), but whenever I do, it's all pop or 'oldies' (aka classic rock or pop from the 60s onwards). Maybe some grime? But that wouldn't fit with the country theme at all...
    Now I'm gonna be super disappointed when that doesn't happen. That would be amazing.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
    Miricha wrote: »
    Country is too American, and Celtic is quite niche. I don't listen to the radio much (I live in the UK), but whenever I do, it's all pop or 'oldies' (aka classic rock or pop from the 60s onwards). Maybe some grime? But that wouldn't fit with the country theme at all...
    Now I'm gonna be super disappointed when that doesn't happen. That would be amazing.

You're right. We should only have English artists on the station! Proper Englishmen like Albert Lee!
    https://youtu.be/kGU63KqXuZk
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    edited June 2021
    I am a British person. Worse, I even have a popular music degree, from a real university and everything. This discussion is my jam.

So, bluegrass and country are American, and don't count. In fact, a lot of stuff we'd argue was British, is hugely, hugely influenced by the US (like the Beatles; even punk technically originated in the US). For me, it's a coin toss for inclusion on genres like skiffle or beat in this case.

There are some sounds which I think come off as definitively British, following the natural evolution and melding of genres; though that's not to say they can't or don't have counterparts in the US or elsewhere. However, if you can't devote a whole station to David Bowie (which should be a thing, definitely wish that was possible), it should be either one of the following:

British Metal - Iron Maiden, Iron Maiden and, er, Iron Maiden (there are others, but they are not Iron Maiden!)

Britpop - Blur, Oasis, Pulp, SHED SEVEN (because I loved the Sheds in the 90s)

Madchester - Stone Roses, Happy Mondays.

Celtic/Folk is definitely an option, however, especially with bands like Fairport Convention and Steeleye Span, or even Billy Bragg and the Levellers. Might fit the pack nicely, but it's not my own personal first choice.

*My first choice is Britpop.*

EDIT! Oof, my brains and lack of tea this morning! Forgot to say, one of the reasons it's Britpop (closely followed by Madchester), is because at the very least, you can hear the British accents. This is a huge thing, culturally speaking. How that goes over in Simlish is not my problem. :wink::D
  • PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    90s Bitpop would be awesome!
  • PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    Britpop obviously....
    Ceridwen wrote: »
    I am a British person. Worse, I even have a popular music degree, from a real university and everything. This discussion is my jam.

So, bluegrass and country are American, and don't count. In fact, a lot of stuff we'd argue was British, is hugely, hugely influenced by the US (like the Beatles; even punk technically originated in the US). For me, it's a coin toss for inclusion on genres like skiffle or beat in this case.

There are some sounds which I think come off as definitively British, following the natural evolution and melding of genres; though that's not to say they can't or don't have counterparts in the US or elsewhere. However, if you can't devote a whole station to David Bowie (which should be a thing, definitely wish that was possible), it should be either one of the following:

British Metal - Iron Maiden, Iron Maiden and, er, Iron Maiden (there are others, but they are not Iron Maiden!)

Britpop - Blur, Oasis, Pulp, SHED SEVEN (because I loved the Sheds in the 90s)

Madchester - Stone Roses, Happy Mondays.

Celtic/Folk is definitely an option, however, especially with bands like Fairport Convention and Steeleye Span, or even Billy Bragg and the Levellers. Might fit the pack nicely, but it's not my own personal first choice.

*My first choice is Britpop.*

EDIT! Oof, my brains and lack of tea this morning! Forgot to say, one of the reasons it's Britpop (closely followed by Madchester), is because at the very least, you can hear the British accents. This is a huge thing, culturally speaking. How that goes over in Simlish is not my problem. :wink::D

I love all your station ideas, but for a farming pack they feel just a little out of place. And yes, there are others for the British Metal station. I mean obviously Maiden, but Priest (my favorite), Saxon, and Motorhead should at least probably be included too.

And no, American Country music wouldn't fit. I would rather they add WESTERN music rather than country when/if they add horses. I could have some cowboy songs in my game!

So I stand by my "English Pub Songs". Folksy, fun, and it wouldn't be weird with this pack. I mean, they could add more than one station though.

I just added the Albert Lee comment because I wanted to point out how many English musicians do country music and do it well. lol I mean we've stolen from each other back and forth so many times. That's what makes it awesome. And to make my point, I'm going to leave you with some early footage of Jimmy Page:

https://youtu.be/GVQIWyosEeI
    I still feel like if we get a new station it will be bluegrass.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Since i live in Rural UK, i know for sure, the most typical radio station you can pick up is more modern to classic retro music tracks, your typical rock, pop and solo act. it is often a highlight listening to some music followed by some news and weather and then back to the music.
    I still feel like if we get a new station it will be bluegrass.

Well, Bluegrass is American. We're back to the Country problem with that.