Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I don't understand what might of happened, Freelance career.

So here is what happened to my yesterday, only I did get it resolved but don't understand what might of happened that caused it?

Being new to the freelance career here is what's not working and it just could be something I'm not doing right?

I started freelancer Eco crafting career – choose gig from the gig menu and received the job task 1. Contact client, 2. Create the item, 3. Send your finished work to the client, I am able to complete numbers 2 and 3, but am not able to complete task # 1. As when every time I try to contact client via computer using the freelance option my sim raises hand over head as to say not possible, an X appears through the computer icon that appears on the left side of screen and then it disappears.

Things I've done to troubleshoot, rename my mods folder to mods.bak in order to eliminate any mod conflict along with creating a new localthumbcache.package file but did not resolve the problem.

So as of right now I'm unable to complete all task required in order to complete the job and I just can't figure it out what if anything that I'm doing wrong?

Edit in; Ok I found something that allowed me to chat with client but my problem still exist, I was able to travel to the library and using the computer there I was able to chat with client, so it seems the problem lies with my lot, location or lot trait, not sure which? I am in Port Promise, (The shipping views) and the only two lot traits I am using are Homey and Reduced Recycle. I originally had the off the gird trait but that wasn't working for me so I removed it, I'm wondering if even by removing it I'm still getting some sort of residual from it?

Edit in; For some reason the lot was Fubar, I tried everything by way of traits replacing PC and relocating PC but no matter what nothing changed, I wand up starting over with a newly populated world along with setting up the lot how I wanted it and tested it with a test sim and client chat was working for freelance on the lot in question. *shrugs*

Problem Resolved, I am now playing on the lot as normal, just not sure what might of happened?

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Lots glitch sometimes? I am usually able to move the household to solve it.

Freelancer is a great career! If you are also skilling up in Painting, Programming, Writing, etc. you can freely hop among different career branches to pick up gigs as well, if you don't have any big ticket Crafter gigs available at the moment, for example.

One thing I find is that editing rejected work seems to take longer than creating a new piece to submit. I generally will sell the painting, or publish the book, or what have you, and crank out a new one to submit, and recoup a little money on the time spent.

Glad you got it sorted - those kinds of glitches can be frustrating.
  • RLBTanglewoodRLBTanglewood Posts: 37 Member
    Thanks Sindocat, I'll dab into those other branches.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Passing that tip on from my sister - she is the queen of the multitask. Juggles Aspirations, too. :) In my own play, I usually stay in my lane.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    Hi @RLBTanglewood. I'm glad you got that sorted out. I would guess there was an issue with how you had the computer and chair set up-- something blocking the path to them, or not a chair that fits the desk/table properly. Unless you were able to use the computer for other things. Have fun with the freelance career, those are great!
    gen3-banner.png
    Hi @RLBTanglewood. I'm glad you got that sorted out. I would guess there was an issue with how you had the computer and chair set up-- something blocking the path to them, or not a chair that fits the desk/table properly. Unless you were able to use the computer for other things. Have fun with the freelance career, those are great!

Thanks, I can't say that I recall using any of the other functions via computer other than the freelance stuff, I was however able to send items to client just wasn't able to chat, I had no idea that chairs could play a role.
    edited June 2021
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Passing that tip on from my sister - she is the queen of the multitask. Juggles Aspirations, too. :) In my own play, I usually stay in my lane.

Well truth be told, I am an avid player but my problem is that my interest is shared among several other games so sometimes I find myself playing catchup once I've circled back around to playing sims again and so playing more than one sim at a time, I do find a bit taxing.

Overwhelming might be a better word for it or as you put it stay in one lane :)