Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Cottage Living Expansion Pack

Comments

• AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    Did anyone notice the guy with orange skin and green hair? I wonder if they’re redoing plantsims. He certainly does look like a plant sim...

This would be the perfect pack to do them.

I would hope that since Plantsims are base-game, they would be updated in a patch. It doesn't seem right to have to pay for them to be better when they should have been better from the get-go.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    greydonn wrote: »
    Wait, I don't understand what the problem is. If you order before a specific time, you get three free items. Would you rather the items not be given out at all?

Besides, it's coming out in July if I remember correctly, and the end date for ordering is September, over a month away.

the problem is that it makes customer think they have to buy the pack now and its not choice of " when you have money you can add items you want"

and that the items will not be available after that time period so say if you started playing sims 4 later, didnt notice the new ep dropping or you couldnt afford the ep right when it released you can't have those items ever

so what is the point of making the so called "bonus content" when truth is way less people will be able to play these now

and why couldn't those just be in pack itself just like other stuff cause well they surely made them within the pack budget lmao

basically its same as if they had just taken idk the rugs out of new decorator pack and said people cant ever have those if they don't buy the pack right now

thats just some really stupid nonsense only brought to you by ea being money hungry

also you cant really say the items are given away. youd still have to spend 40e on the pack to have it. its not free.

also do i personally want to buy this pack when it releases? most likely. but also now that they put that bonus content nonsense thing there honestly i dont want to encourage it so i might as well not buy it full price out of spite.

= pack seems good but I'm very tired of marketing making everything awful like i know its their job but really

Heck, maybe I'm just from a different universe, but personally the way I see it is: Option A: If you buy this pack within this time, you get three free items in addition to your paid content. or Option B: The free stuff just doesn't exist.

I really don't think it's as bad as you're making it out to be. It's not like it's something special locked behind a buy-by-date, like bunnies or something. If they took the bunnies and said "Hey, you're only allowed to have these if you order by a specific time." it'd be an entirely different story!

Also I don't see how it's money hungry, it's going to cost the same amount regardless. The only reason it would cost less is if it went on sale past September, and since the packs seem to be on sale so often, the pack might even be on sale before the end date.

(One more side note and then I have to go: it's not "right now" it's July 22- September 2, if I remember the release date right. That's over a month)

well this time the objects may seem innocent fun but I just don't want to encourage this practice

because to me it makes no freaking sense to have time limit to an object. regardless of what object it is.

and it also makes no sense to give object only to select few when its digital content.

and it also makes no sense to call it free when its not.

+ one month...
    its not nearly enough for someone who didnt have money to buy the pack in first place to magic the money out of thin air.

or someone who wasnt playing the game at the time to notice it exists

or old sims player to jump back to game if they were on hiatus during this

like um nah. it still annoys me.

we dont need "exclusivity" to sims
    and we don't need added fear of missing out
    things should be available for everyone all the same regardless of when they buy it

Well, I'm sorry it annoys you. Maybe in the future they'll extend the deadline if they do anything like this again. :)
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    I am very excited about it! I can't wait until the release date!
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Wait, I don't understand what the problem is. If you order before a specific time, you get three free items. Would you rather the items not be given out at all?

Besides, it's coming out in July if I remember correctly, and the end date for ordering is September, over a month away.

It makes no sense hiding the work done by the developers simply to spite users who don't pre-order. I wouldn't be surprised if these items end up showing up in a free pack at another point or in a free update down the line after being repainted and given a different name.
    I found some information to work from, it says i can befriend birds with my sims. One of my family members teases me often about my obsession with common blackbirds, so i just can't help myself when i ask: Will one of the birds you befriend be a common blackbird and will it it make its characteristic alert noises, flap its wings and tail feathers as well as its hopping along if it dislikes you?

Another matter is related to the Crumblebottom cousins, why are they starting so old? the choice of pulling one of them as an adult and having children to expand a nice bloodline would be grand, more so if there is a goth in the family line as well. Creating this new dynasty from old bloodlines is quite an appealing option i would of thought. I suppose MCCC will have to be my saviour in this instance and age one of them back long enough to give birth to a child and push them back into elder years again afterwards
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited June 2021
    Hoverael wrote: »

It makes no sense hiding the work done by the developers simply to spite users who don't pre-order. I wouldn't be surprised if these items end up showing up in a free pack at another point or in a free update down the line after being repainted and given a different name.

They did this during TS3. They had all these bonus items and the ones that ticked me off the most were the objects hidden behind codes that were included in Dr Pepper bottles. This was back when I was younger and my parents didn't let me drink soda. So I used to have to use my school lunch money to buy a bottle of soda to try and get the code I wanted for this really cute beach car with a surfboard on top. I never got it and I'm still so mad about it.

But yeah, the items are available now, but they weren't while the game was still in development.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Hoverael

Befriending birds sounds lovely I just assumed from the trailer that it was a kind of mini interaction when a sim felt like it so maybe there is a little bit more gameplay to come from this which would be nice :)

What you wrote about the crumblebottom cousins made me wonder if there was any sort of genetic way of making more of them (keeping the handbag action going-) if they were aged down although thinking about what happens with the spellcasters when I first tried to change them did not work out too well haha
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member

the problem is that it makes customer think they have to buy the pack now and its not choice of " when you have money you can add items you want"

and that the items will not be available after that time period so say if you started playing sims 4 later, didnt notice the new ep dropping or you couldnt afford the ep right when it released you can't have those items ever

so what is the point of making the so called "bonus content" when truth is way less people will be able to play these now

and why couldn't those just be in pack itself just like other stuff cause well they surely made them within the pack budget lmao

basically its same as if they had just taken idk the rugs out of new decorator pack and said people cant ever have those if they don't buy the pack right now

thats just some really stupid nonsense only brought to you by ea being money hungry

also you cant really say the items are given away. youd still have to spend 40e on the pack to have it. its not free.

also do i personally want to buy this pack when it releases? most likely. but also now that they put that bonus content nonsense thing there honestly i dont want to encourage it so i might as well not buy it full price out of spite.

= pack seems good but I'm very tired of marketing making everything awful like i know its their job but really

Heck, maybe I'm just from a different universe, but personally the way I see it is: Option A: If you buy this pack within this time, you get three free items in addition to your paid content. or Option B: The free stuff just doesn't exist.

I really don't think it's as bad as you're making it out to be. It's not like it's something special locked behind a buy-by-date, like bunnies or something. If they took the bunnies and said "Hey, you're only allowed to have these if you order by a specific time." it'd be an entirely different story!

Also I don't see how it's money hungry, it's going to cost the same amount regardless. The only reason it would cost less is if it went on sale past September, and since the packs seem to be on sale so often, the pack might even be on sale before the end date.

(One more side note and then I have to go: it's not "right now" it's July 22- September 2, if I remember the release date right. That's over a month)

well this time the objects may seem innocent fun but I just don't want to encourage this practice

because to me it makes no freaking sense to have time limit to an object. regardless of what object it is.

and it also makes no sense to give object only to select few when its digital content.

and it also makes no sense to call it free when its not.

+ one month...
    its not nearly enough for someone who didnt have money to buy the pack in first place to magic the money out of thin air.

or someone who wasnt playing the game at the time to notice it exists

or old sims player to jump back to game if they were on hiatus during this

like um nah. it still annoys me.

we dont need "exclusivity" to sims
    and we don't need added fear of missing out
    things should be available for everyone all the same regardless of when they buy it

Well, I'm sorry it annoys you. Maybe in the future they'll extend the deadline if they do anything like this again. :)

well i hope this incident will be the last of it but in case it isnt im gonna haunt ea as vengeful crumplebottom
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited June 2021
    Another matter is related to the Crumblebottom cousins, why are they starting so old?

Most likely because agnes didn't start bag slapping very young and that had to be added alongside her very cute outfit

not sure how i feel about this so called cousin though

she doesn't exactly strike me a crumplebottom
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    I was amused by the behaviour of the animals in this trailer, especially that they can poop on/ spit at/ randomly divebomb unsuspecting Sims. 😆

Also am intrigued by the swirly maze land in the shot of the whole neighbourhood.

But what really got my attention was the fact that Sims can sing to the wildlife! I play as merfolk often and would love for my merman to have more to do with his singing powers.
    If singing is going to be a game feature then please could it:

1) be a skill enabling Sims to summon birds (and other animals) to do their bidding.

2) feature the chance of sims being either brilliantly tuneful or utterly tone deaf and prompting an adverse side effect from the animal kingdom.

I really do hope they make something of the singing in game because it has the potential to be very funny. Watching it in the trailer made me think of this scene from the film Shrek:

https://youtu.be/xd4j-dQyHEQ
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member

It could a digital picture of paper cups used at a sims team gathering for all the "specialness" matters. What matters is that if someone has FOMO or a collector's mindset, they will feel pressured to buy the pack and buy it earlier than they might otherwise. It is blatant psychological manipulation to get more sales and get them more quickly before prices are slashed, and it doesn't stop being psychological manipulation because it doesn't personally manipulate you in particular.

You aren't from a different universe, you're just confusing "am I personally manipulated by this" with "is this manipulative generally and designed to be manipulative."
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Okay so finally a pack that isn't an exact copy of something we've seen in previous games. The fact that it has Llamas to me is a great idea and I have to give the team props for coming up with something more original this time.

But I have to be careful because as with all packs, I usually like the theme but absolutely dislike the execution, bugs, oversights and conflicts with other DLC. I don't know if this will be the first pack in a while to be better executed but we'll see. I don't have high hopes because we all saw what happened with Dream Home Decorator.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I don't mind the early purchase incentives, but I would like them better if there was a store or something where you could buy them later if you want. It's the buy now or never thing that is irritating to me. I waited years until I finally caught the digital deluxe upgrade on sale since I bought the standard base game originally, but at least it was always available for $14.99 if I had wanted to pay that much for less than a stuff pack's content. $2.99 was a way better price.

This pack struck so many positive notes with me I almost teared up, which is not something video games tend to do to me. It was just so many good things in a row... Here's hoping the actual experience lives up to the trailer!
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2021
    The three items are weak or small carrots to be dangling for me to buy it early if my mind was made up to wait for an sale for three items are not enough to make me run out and get the pack right away. I rather wait to see the strengths and weaknesses of the pack through reviews and playthroughs as I see items are the becoming the backbone of this series.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    The three items are weak or small carrots to be dangling for me to buy it early if my mind was made up to wait for an sale for three items are not enough to make me run out and get the pack right away.

And I think they're intended as a "thank you." In TS3, people who pre-ordered Generations got the whole world of Barnacle Bay. A bike, a gnome, and a tree aren't anything anyone will miss, especially people who will buy the pack at half-price the next day.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Well it is not Werewolves like I have been wanting from Day 1, but I will say I got two words for this new EP & that is Agnes Crumplebottom!!!!!! , can not wait to see her in My game, :)
    edited June 2021
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

They did this during TS3. They had all these bonus items and the ones that ticked me off the most were the objects hidden behind codes that were included in Dr Pepper bottles. This was back when I was younger and my parents didn't let me drink soda. So I used to have to use my school lunch money to buy a bottle of soda to try and get the code I wanted for this really cute beach car with a surfboard on top. I never got it and I'm still so mad about it.

But yeah, the items are available now, but they weren't while the game was still in development.

Preorder bonuses are done by other companies as well and some of those preorders are worth getting too and tangible but an very good game does not need carrots to sell itself. I do not necessarily see this as bad but more as an carrot or thank you to get the customer to preorder and sometimes it is better to bonus items.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited June 2021
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    The three items are weak or small carrots to be dangling for me to buy it early if my mind was made up to wait for an sale for three items are not enough to make me run out and get the pack right away.

And I think they're intended as a "thank you." In TS3, people who pre-ordered Generations got the whole world of Barnacle Bay. A bike, a gnome, and a tree aren't anything anyone will miss, especially people who will buy the pack at half-price the next day.

I got that one but it all depend on the bonus and in Sims 3 I would spring for the pack, get the World and the other items as well versus three items so there is an difference and again it is what is being offered. So what Sims 4 is offering me is an weak thank you and it serves two purposes as well.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I am very happy. So excited Bob Pancakes will get his llama farm and Ewwliza Pancakes will pick up their poop. I like that it is really a fresh idea too that although was in the Sims 3 store, never has been the focus in a DLC pack before.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • StartUpGeniusStartUpGenius Posts: 135 Member
    Harvest Moon feels!
    Another matter is related to the Crumblebottom cousins, why are they starting so old?

Most likely because agnes didn't start bag slapping very young and that had to be added alongside her very cute outfit

not sure how i feel about this so called cousin though

she doesn't exactly strike me a crumplebottom

I got an evil female sim who would be perfect to bag slap others and enjoy it, as well as the unwarranted advances of other sims followed by the equally unwarranted bag to the face. Ooof! haha.
    MVWdeZT wrote: »

it isn't meant as a thank you, it is meant to entice you into buying the pack a lot more with special content. At least with Generations you got something that was of actual value with a whole new world at the time and that would of been a whole lot more tempting then three items of fluff that is hardly worth any attention on.

That isn't to state that the developers can't do it again on another future pack down the line, but it can't be weak sauce like this.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Honestly I'm interested to see how opinion on this will change when it's out. Will the animals provide lasting gameplay for those interested or will they just be very buggy objects that get boring within a few weeks? Will Agnes Crumplebottom actually have the personality people want or will she just smile and talk about the weather? Will the town area feel alive or just like another set dressing filled ghost town?
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I have never been wild for farming, but I see a lot of CAS and BB assets that I definitely will want.

This looks darling, and may even sell me on some thematically related packs I haven't bothered with yet, such as Laundry Day or Nifty Knitting, and maybe even Cats & Dogs.

Not a must-have... but there is more here to like than I might have expected in a farm pack, and I am cautiously optimistic.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I just pre-ordered because I can't wait to get it and am absolutely in love with the world and everything else in the pack! This is the first pack I pre-ordered and I want it to download as soon as it is out so I can start playing asap! I like the bike in the free content but would have pre- ordered anyway because I am so excited about the game itself. I believe the free content is for anyone who purchases the game whether online or a store as long as it is before September 2nd. That's six weeks after it comes out so I don't consider it an incentive to pre-order. The extra content wasn't a deciding factor for me.
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    So…gameplay trailer next week??? 🥺