Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    Hi @ClarionOfJoy

Thanks for posting that video it was interesting/looks good and made me go look for further information however I did have one question that i cannot find the answer to and that is will all other mods still work if I add this open world? There is also a beta version for download and am wondering if you tried it yet?
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Hi @ClarionOfJoy

Thanks for posting that video it was interesting/looks good and made me go look for further information however I did have one question that i cannot find the answer to and that is will all other mods still work if I add this open world? There is also a beta version for download and am wondering if you tried it yet?

I haven't tried it as I'm not at the $5 level on his Patreon. It looks really good though so I might be tempted to support him for that. He's also doing a Farming mod!!! Really, Arnie is doing the Lord's work!

I don't know if it will work with the other mods, but I think it would. I would start with simple mods and see if they work with Arnie's mod and then try it with the MCCC mod.

Here's an "About Brookheights" webpage on what it is, what it has and what it's requirements are: Brookheights - An Open World

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @ClarionOfJoy

Lol I agree with your sentiments! :) After reading more info I might be prepared to support the work if I can use all the mods I currently use and find if I can add gallery lots/sims to the world as well.
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Other
    Hi @ClarionOfJoy

I haven't tried it as I'm not at the $5 level on his Patreon. It looks really good though so I might be tempted to support him for that. He's also doing a Farming mod!!! Really, Arnie is doing the Lord's work!

I don't know if it will work with the other mods, but I think it would. I would start with simple mods and see if they work with Arnie's mod and then try it with the MCCC mod.

Here's an "About Brookheights" webpage on what it is, what it has and what it's requirements are: Brookheights - An Open World

I'm going with "I'll believe it when I see it" on this one. But if it turns out that he can make what he's describing work, then I will have lost all respect for Maxis. They should just close shop, and EA should outsource development of the next game to someone else -- maybe him.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    SimSpock wrote: »
    Hi @ClarionOfJoy

I'm going with "I'll believe it when I see it" on this one. But if it turns out that he can make what he's describing work, then I will have lost all respect for Maxis. They should just close shop, and EA should outsource development of the next game to someone else -- maybe him.

They really should just sell the franchise and the game studio to someone who cares about the game and its fans. It's sad what they've done to the game and to Maxis. I looked at the old reveal events of past iterations and the devs at Maxis were so happy! Now, it's like they're putting on a happy face but not really feeling it....

• Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Paralives is already in my steam wishlist and I'll get it for sure. I need a new experience! The Sims franchise seems that will take a path that I don't recognize anymore and I'm constantly losing interest. TS5 can actually be even worse than 4 and if that happens It will be so great to "start over again" with a fresh new thing and pretend that 4 and 5 never existed. TS1, 2 and 3 will forever be in my heart.
  • CamarieSimsCamarieSims Posts: 30 Member
    Other
    Honestly, I have no interest in Paralives or any of the other life simulators currently in development. Partly because I don't care for the graphic style that they are using.
    FYI, now known as insomniacsims on Simblr and Origin; profile picture is an old makeover of Zoe Patel
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Other
    I don't plan on buying either, I'm enjoying The Sims 4 and I don't need another game to spend money on.
    funny-gifs20.gif

Other

Looks like more building video. They've already convinced me on that dimension. It's about time now to start seeing some gameplay video, because that's where the game will either succeed or fail.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Other
    Judging from all the packs I've seen over the years we'll get cars when Maxis wants to give us them. as per the Country LIving expansion coming out with a farming vibe. They've had it all planned out for years' ahead despite petitions etc.
  • MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    Other
    I hate the cartoony look of TS4 sims, and Paralives isn't exactly improving things from the looks of it....

The customization of the actual items you build with in Paralives though. 😮😀

But with how EA just ignores bugs and let's the modding community sort things out, I'm ready to give any one else my money for this style of game.

But, I'll probably try both. Lol.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I'll get the base game for both. I'm not touching any DLC for Sims 5 unless they step up their game for occult content, 'cuz Sims 4 has let me down too much there. But I do want at least the base game for it, since it is going to have online multi-player stuff, there will probably be events to collect rewards for, so I think those would be fun for me at least.

For Paralives, I want to support the fact that another game in my favorite genre is coming out. For so long it's only been the Sims, so I'll be buying at least the base game just for that fact. Whether or not I get DLC for it whenever they get around to releasing that, will depend on how impressed by the game I am.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    edited June 2021
    I plan to buy both.
    Builders gonna go crazy with this. 😂

edited June 2021
    Other

That looks really, really cool. Building in the TS series has never remotely approached that, and I think doing so would require not just a new engine, but a new approach to building an engine.

I still want to see gameplay. "Pre-alpha" suggests it's still a while off.
  • figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member

It looks amazing! Has me worried about the live mode though. It will be tough to do pathfinding and proper animations for things like the chairs that are just put to the table at any angle. I really hope it will all come through and I can't wait to play this game.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Other
    I am going to wait and see. Just hope Maxis and EA get it together. (Pun included.) If they do better on gameplay that will be the deciding factor. If not then I am not going to buy.
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    Other
    It depends.
    I'm going to buy Paralives for sure to try it out.

And the Sims 5 I will buy depending on if it's gonna be an open world or not. And ofcourse judging by other aspects, but an open world is kinda a must for me for the next game.
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
    Other
    figgy wrote: »

It looks amazing! Has me worried about the live mode though. It will be tough to do pathfinding and proper animations for things like the chairs that are just put to the table at any angle. I really hope it will all come through and I can't wait to play this game.

I've read that the characters reactions to objects live in-game is procedurally based so they don't have to animate all the interactions, and things won't have to "line up" to be useful by characters. Because you can customize all the objects sizes, heights, etc, they are going this route. We'll see how well it gets pulled off.
    Other

Just kills me that basically "a dude in his bedroom" has apparently made such a huge variety of technology leaps to some of this stuff before a team was even started to be built... Meanwhile a full team of trained professionals for a cash-rich, decades old, established game developer can't sort out Sims getting to use all the slopes of Snowy Escape for seven months. Or gardening plants reverting for two years or so now. Or all the other bugs they just let be, for talented modders to sort out.

How can I not give Paralives a shot when it comes out? I'd give them money right now for just a stand-alone building experience if they decide to make a product out of it.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Pre-alpha and it looks amazing the difference when a team takes pride in its work and listen to people they're making the game for. The Paralives team would never put out a low quality product like the ball pit
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited June 2021
    Other
    "Other" because I went from curious/optimistic about Paralives (with realistic indie studio expectations) to thinking this is a Star Citizen-tier grift/doomed project as time went on due to the money they're pulling/weird priorities/obvious "feature creep". But I can always change my mind again.

ETA: no, I have zero plans to invest much in TS5 either. I can see myself trying it if it goes on sale quickly or has a trial version like TS4 did but that's gonna depend on the MMO rumors. I came to love TS4 but some of the appeal IS that I get to still be alone!
    Post edited by InfraGreen on
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    No, I'm going to stay with Maxis and wait to buy TS5 or whatever their new AAA game will be
    The building looks nice, but what about the actual gameplay? They still haven't shown anything of live mode and that's the most important thing for me with a life simulator.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    Holy wow! That video looks sooooo good! I hope the gameplay is just as good. I am not too keen on the look of the parafolks but if the gameplay matches the build mode ability, I'm 100% positive I will buy it on release.
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited June 2021
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    i do love maxis and their past sims games, but i truly despise EA and their insatiable greed, and the last thing i want is a microtransactions-infested MMO!! enough is enough EA!! NO MORE MICROTRANSACTIONS AND NO MORE LIVE SERVICE CASHGRABS!!!! haven't you learned from other flops like Anthem and Battlefront 2?? nobody likes your lootbox bonanzas anymore and people are fed up with the MMO MTX business model. do NOT ruin this series as well!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top