Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LLAMAS

Comments

• AinexaAinexa Posts: 7 New Member
    All of them! They are so cute! <3
  • HanneeHannee Posts: 36 Member
    I REQUIRE 1 llama but I shall definitely be having a whole farm on at least one lot.. now just to think of some great names for them..
  • lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    edited June 2021
    I’ll get one to begin with but it all depends on how much wool it produces and how much space the animal sheds take up. I’m not one for using huge lots; I want a quaint little farm. If we can merge the sheds using moveobjects cheat then I may have 2 of each.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    Unquantifiable
    Question: How Many Llamas? 1? 2? 5? 10? 50?: Me : Yes.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    Unquantifiable
    The important question is, what will you name your Llamas? I gotta have a Llama named Obama. Obama the Llama who will be the drama mama of the Bahamas. She's going to wear sunglasses and (hopefully) leggings and be so sassy.

That's right. Obama the Bahama Drama Mama Llama. I love her already. <3
    #Team Occult
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Unquantifiable
    LiELF wrote: »
    The important question is, what will you name your Llamas? I gotta have a Llama named Obama. Obama the Llama who will be the drama mama of the Bahamas. She's going to wear sunglasses and (hopefully) leggings and be so sassy.

Obama the Bahama Drama Mama Llama sounds like a real hottie. ❤️

My girl will be Rebecca The Attacka Alpaca.
    She’s going to be green & mean, but my love for her will be unconditional.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited June 2021
    Unquantifiable
    An unquantifiable amount of Llama Spit to fill the pond with.

Then I let my Sim wade through it.

Fun fact: llama spit is actually more like vomit rather than saliva. Just an FYI

I’m naming my llama Gerbit
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member
    Unquantifiable
    I need to have a llama called Bob.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Unquantifiable
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    An unquantifiable amount of Llama Spit to fill the pond with.

Then I let my Sim wade through it.

Fun fact: llama spit is actually more like vomit rather than saliva. Just an FYI

I learned that it is also green and rather unpleasant for both parties. (The receiving party AND the Llama.)

I apologize beforehand but:
    It’s like barfing in someone’s face because you don’t trust them. I don’t think I could ever do this, but apparently Llamas feel different about that.
    A bit like the poor girl in the movie The Exorcist.
    A very unpleasant thought indeed. 😬

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Unquantifiable
    I need all of the llamas.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    Unquantifiable
    LiELF wrote: »

Obama the Bahama Drama Mama Llama sounds like a real hottie. ❤️

My girl will be Rebecca The Attacka Alpaca.
    She’s going to be green & mean, but my love for her will be unconditional.

She sounds wonderful. ❤️

I'm loving the other Llama names too. 😍
    #Team Occult
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Unquantifiable
    My llamas are gonna wear pajamas
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Unquantifiable
    Here's a llama, there's a llama, and another little llama.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2021
    My llamas are gonna wear pajamas

For some reason this made me think of Bananas in Pajamas. Not the new one, the old one.

I'm just happy we're finally getting llamas.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Unquantifiable
    The more llamas the better. But only if the outfits they can wear include some Peruvian designs, since the llama is native to Peru.

If not, then basically need 0 of them.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Unquantifiable
    lil miffed you can't breed the Llamas like you could horses in TS3. Now that would've been fun
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I need to have a llama called Bob.
    Bob the Llama, that is good! :)
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    Depends on how accurately they depict llamas. Having raised llamas and goats as a young lad, I can testify that the stereotype for llamas spitting on people when agitated isn't entirely correct.

In all the years I spent raising them, I only ever was spat on once and only because I had stepped in between two llamas that were agitated with each other (by the way, llamas are very smart. When that llama hit me, it had a look in its eyes of, oops).

In fact, llamas rarely spit at people, however the sad thing is that most that do are actually llamas that suffered abuse from their owners. :(

So if the llamas spit 90% of the time either your llamas have been abused (admittedly an animal rescue feature would be cool) or Maxis hasn't done there research (which honestly wouldn't surprise me).
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    2-3
    My knitting Sims will need a llama or two for sure. The scene where the llama spits on the stalking fox is actually very true to life. Llamas and alpacas are great guard animals and take their jobs very seriously whenever predators come around. They're very quick on their feet, have strong legs and being on the receiving end of one of their defensive moves is every bit as painful as being kicked by a horse. In many cultures, llamas and alpacas are used to guard sheep and smaller farm animals. So to see the teams included this says they did some research. Because the llamas will be semi-confined to a designated area, it will be wise to place our chicken coops close to the llama pens to keep the foxes from stealing our chicken eggs. :)
    Werescythe wrote: »
    Depends on how accurately they depict llamas. Having raised llamas and goats as a young lad, I can testify that the stereotype for llamas spitting on people when agitated isn't entirely correct.

In all the years I spent raising them, I only ever was spat on once and only because I had stepped in between two llamas that were agitated with each other (by the way, llamas are very smart. When that llama hit me, it had a look in its eyes of, oops).

In fact, llamas rarely spit at people, however the sad thing is that most that do are actually llamas that suffered abuse from their owners. :(

So if the llamas spit 90% of the time either your llamas have been abused (admittedly an animal rescue feature would be cool) or Maxis hasn't done there research (which honestly wouldn't surprise me).
    Again that was RL llamas that you grew up with. The llama that was shown in the trailer is not real. So they can have a llama that spits in the game. My English-lit professor in collage once told me that in a fable story, you can have the water flow up hill rather than down hill. And no one can say otherwise. In other words, if Maxis and EA want that llama to spit, they can. And no one can tell them that they can't.
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    My knitting Sims will need a llama or two for sure. The scene where the llama spits on the stalking fox is actually very true to life. Llamas and alpacas are great guard animals and take their jobs very seriously whenever predators come around. They're very quick on their feet, have strong legs and being on the receiving end of one of their defensive moves is every bit as painful as being kicked by a horse. In many cultures, llamas and alpacas are used to guard sheep and smaller farm animals. So to see the teams included this says they did some research. Because the llamas will be semi-confined to a designated area, it will be wise to place our chicken coops close to the llama pens to keep the foxes from stealing our chicken eggs. :)

Indeed, llamas are great guard animals and can be very protective of their owners (when treated right).

When I was growing up, there were coyotes on the other side of the highway from our farm, however once we had are llamas they never came over to our side of the road.

We also owned a llama that had previously been a guard llama (we would pack into the back country with them) and believe me they make the most bizarre warning/alarm sound when trying to wade off potential aggressors.

I also recall a story of a woman who was charged by a bear only for the llama to charge the bear and scare it off.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
    Werescythe wrote: »
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »

Indeed, llamas are great guard animals and can be very protective of their owners (when treated right).

When I was growing up, there were coyotes on the other side of the highway from our farm, however once we had are llamas they never came over to our side of the road.

We also owned a llama that had previously been a guard llama (we would pack into the back country with them) and believe me they make the most bizarre warning/alarm sound when trying to wade off potential aggressors.

I also recall a story of a woman who was charged by a bear only for the llama to charge the bear and scare it off.
    That's without a doubt. Some of the live stock farmers around me also have llamas as guard animals. And they will run off any predator that gets to close or at least try to run them off.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited June 2021
    Unquantifiable
    My first Llama will be called Banana and she will have an inexplicable fondness for 1980's pop bands and Summer strut music. She might even do a little dance. Naturally, my sims will dance along to the beat.
  • scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    Unquantifiable
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I would like to know if they can be ridden.

Unlikely, they're tied to the barn like thing. Second Llamas in real life cannot be ridden by adults. It hurts their backs. We weigh too much.

Anyway I want me some llamas.
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    I don't think I'll ever have a Sim with a pet Llama - unless it's like an eccentric Sim who lives alone in Strangerville - but I want to try and make a petting zoo, or pretend my Sims have hired one for their kid's Birthday party.