Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ponds are Coming

SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
Pond tool being used on a lot seen in the new Cottage Living trailer, seen at 1:50 (link below).

A sim can be seen splashing in the edge of the pond in a bathing suit on a lot on the official pack features page. Gurus confirmed (on Twitter) that sims will be able to splash at the edge of ponds, but not able to fully swim in them.
51237472682_c506492bdd_h.jpgpond swim by Sappy Sifaka, on Flickr
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/packs/expansion-packs/the-sims-4-cottage-living

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rSNOU_T7mg

51238168521_6cbcb732f1_k.jpgpond 1 by Sappy Sifaka, on Flickr
51239224870_7cc8a74315_k.jpgpond 1.5 by Sappy Sifaka, on Flickr
51239224765_15a106fcca_k.jpgpond 2 by Sappy Sifaka, on Flickr
Post edited by SappySifaka on

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    This is confirmed. I think it's coming to the base game in an Update.
  • MandyPandy111MandyPandy111 Posts: 22 Member
    I'm wondering (and really hoping) if EA will ever go back and patch swimming into other worlds from pre-Island Living. I just want my sims to be able to take a nice holiday to the beach in Brindleton Bay 😭
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    This is THE sensation of this pack!!!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm wondering (and really hoping) if EA will ever go back and patch swimming into other worlds from pre-Island Living. I just want my sims to be able to take a nice holiday to the beach in Brindleton Bay 😭

yeah i really wish they'd do that for windenburg and brindleton at least

it just seems so off to have access to beautiful beach but yet having to build a freaking swimming pool

or well i guess after this it be ponds overload everywhere :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I bet they will be base game, their blog posted that summer of sims still has “more bunnies to pull out of their hat”.
    Ponds just doesn’t seem to be too important to be tied to the pack, as the sofas were to the GP.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    This would be a landscaping patch - or ponds would be an object.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Can't wait for the ponds. Wonder if sims will be able to ride the jet skis in the ponds?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    It would be cool if the new ponds can also be used as Hot Springs.
  • isobel13isobel13 Posts: 23 Member
    Wait are those ducks?!
    Do you think they could be live ducks or just decorations like the water lilies? I can't remember seeing live ducks in the teaser. Surely it would have been shown in the teaser, along with the other new animals...
    edited June 2021
    isobel13 wrote: »
    Wait are those ducks?!
    Do you think they could be live ducks or just decorations like the water lilies? I can't remember seeing live ducks in the teaser. Surely it would have been shown in the teaser, along with the other new animals...
    They look like decor animals as you put it. None of the gurus really put much emphasis on the ducks as they do the other animals
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Yes, pond terrain tool is definitely coming. But I'm cautious. I wouldn't say for now they are swimmable. We can see the kid wading in the water. Just like sims can do in current bodies of water in some non-swimmable worlds. Wee do not know for sure there's actually swimming besides wading. I really hope there is. But I'm afraid to be disappointed.

This aside I'm really interested how ponds will behave in winter? Will they freeze?
  • KyprouliniKyproulini Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Harukotyan said:
    > Yes, pond terrain tool is definitely coming. But I'm cautious. I wouldn't say for now they are swimmable. We can see the kid wading in the water. Just like sims can do in current bodies of water in some non-swimmable worlds. Wee do not know for sure there's actually swimming besides wading. I really hope there is. But I'm afraid to be disappointed.
    >
    > This aside I'm really interested how ponds will behave in winter? Will they freeze?

In the official trailer, about 20 seconds in you can see 4 adult Sims swimming in the pond. I'm putting my hopes up!
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    edited June 2021
    Kyproulini wrote: »
    In the official trailer, about 20 seconds in you can see 4 adult Sims swimming in the pond. I'm putting my hopes up!

They are swimming in the local river, though.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited June 2021
    This thread made me think of the ponds we had growing up in country. Absolutely awesome for winter skating but you wouldn't catch me swimming in them. LOL Maybe wading to collect tadpoles but that was it. Always headed to the river for swimming. Deep, cold & clean.

update: Confirmed no swimming in ponds but wading and fishing. Will also come with more items to add to.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    Wait are those ducks?!

It has been confirmed we ll also get the option to add alligators.
    https://youtu.be/7DyLNTn23ws
  • melsimmelsim Posts: 9 New Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > It has been confirmed we ll also get the option to add alligators.
    > https://youtu.be/7DyLNTn23ws

Where exactly it says about alligators ?
    > @Harukotyan said:
    > They are swimming in the local river, though.

Hey thanks, I thought it was a lake haha.
    Can Sims swim in Sims 4 at all if you don't have Island Living? I've only started playing on Sims 4 recently (big user of 1 and 3) and only got the base game so far and they can't swim on community lots that have fishing options. If I get Cottage Living only will swimming be included?
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    A SimGuru confirmed that we cannot swim in ponds

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Wait are those ducks?!

It has been confirmed we ll also get the option to add alligators.
    https://youtu.be/7DyLNTn23ws
    Oh alligators they will fit in well with Willow Creek. I wonder if the alligators will add to one of the new deaths in this pack or maybe that's to much for Sims 4 where hates children trait works up the people of Twitter.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    I wonder if the farming plots come as a single item like the barns for the animals and you can select size and one crop per plot; Or whether you can plant the crops row by row, so you get like a row of watermelons, a row for cucumbers etc; Or if you can plant each produce individually, i.e one cucumber, one eggplant/aubergine, using the seed packets like on the base game.
    edited June 2021
    melsim wrote: »
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > It has been confirmed we ll also get the option to add alligators.
    > https://youtu.be/7DyLNTn23ws

Where exactly it says about alligators ?

Watch Iron Seagull's Video I posted. That's were it's mentioned.
    Does anyone know if we'll be able to use those pillar foundations over the pond water?
    Wait are those ducks?!
    They are indeed just VFX
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SimGuruRomeo/status/1403522700446879746
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I'm so EXCITED to finally get ponds. I love that these will be in the next update. I find them so beautiful and I can't wait to mess with the FX that you can add. I will probably add a pond of some size to almost every lot because they make things so pretty! It's a shame you can't actually swim in them but I understand. If you add alligator and then your sim was swimming with it, that would be crazy.
    Wonder if we'll be able to create murky and swampy looking ponds.