Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are Some The Sims Franchise No Longer Working or Playable?

I have a cd case of The Sims Medieval I purchased online and I installed and played quite a number of times before The Sims 3 came but after it, I played it on occasion. After I immigrated to another pc and several years since the coming of The Sims 4 when I attempted to install and play it... it is no longer works and encounters issues. I also hear from other players that they purchase the digital copy of the game but to no avail it is still not working. I wonder what is the problem and how can I fix this?

Comments

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Do you have the game registered on Origin?
    Or do you have the physical CD for the game?
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I have the digital copy on Origin and it works fine. Maybe the cd is damaged in some way?
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    @Astro I have a physical cd copy which I install on my pc and laptop before and it works fine only a few years ago that it isn't working and is having some problems not playing... @fruitsbasket101 my cd I think is fine it has no scratches and no damage at all... so do you mean I need to purchase it on Origin?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    bootsguy wrote: »
    @Astro I have a physical cd copy which I install on my pc and laptop before and it works fine only a few years ago that it isn't working and is having some problems not playing... @fruitsbasket101 my cd I think is fine it has no scratches and no damage at all... so do you mean I need to purchase it on Origin?

Contact origin, tell them the issue you’re having and by giving them the CD key they may offer you the downloadable version.

Contact origin, tell them the issue you’re having and by giving them the CD key they may offer you the downloadable version.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 Really? They can do that?
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 How can I report to Origin my problem?
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Both my physical copy and digital work.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I have a cd case of The Sims Medieval I purchased online and I installed and played quite a number of times before The Sims 3 came but after it, I played it on occasion. After I immigrated to another pc and several years since the coming of The Sims 4 when I attempted to install and play it... it is no longer works and encounters issues. I also hear from other players that they purchase the digital copy of the game but to no avail it is still not working. I wonder what is the problem and how can I fix this?

If you go on Origin you will find you can download it again and it also has the Pirates and Robbers expansion added. That's if you registered your copy on a previous machine. Otherwise put in the Redeem code to add it in Origin and see if that works.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i think the porblem is if you have windows 10 on your pc and your pc is more advance older games no longer works unless you pass by a system called dosbox
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    i think the porblem is if you have windows 10 on your pc and your pc is more advance older games no longer works unless you pass by a system called dosbox

Sims Medieval works very well now on Windows 10 and it even has every resolution provided for it up to my own 1920x1080 but playing that isn't too advisable (on a 17" laptop anyway) as it makes the dialogue boxes too small to read. It's better to see at at a slightly lower resolution with the same aspect ratio.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 Really? They can do that?

When I got Sims Medieval, we only had CDs. I did register with EA my CD key and when I got Origin and opened it, I was surprised to find that it already had Sims Medieval listed so that I didn't need the CD to play it. I suspect that there are some coding differences between the old CDs and the downloadable versions, however, since there have been a lot of changes to computer OS' since the game came out. It was made for 32 bit Windows XP, for instance. And most things now run 64 bit and Windows 7 or 10.

I agree with the others. If you open Origin, there is a way to "add new game" (usually at the top of the Game Library screen) and you can input your CD code there. If you have a problem with then you'd need to contact Origin help.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member

Mine works on a new laptop, too. I just replaced my laptop in January and have Windows 10.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

If you go on Origin you will find you can download it again and it also has the Pirates and Robbers expansion added. That's if you registered your copy on a previous machine. Otherwise put in the Redeem code to add it in Origin and see if that works.

Mine is on Origin but they didn't include pirates & nobles? When I asked they said I would have to purchase the Deluxe Version..
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    Bluegayle wrote: »

Mine is on Origin but they didn't include pirates & nobles? When I asked they said I would have to purchase the Deluxe Version..

I was just lucky then. There must have been time when they offered it for upgrading like they offered Sims 2 Ultimate and that offer has gone now. I can't remember which pack of the original game I had.

I wonder if it's something to do with original registration of games in the past. I always registered mine on receipt and tended to pre-order to get those bonus downloads.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I have both the physical copy and the digital from Origin. I haven't tried the physical on my new laptop, but the digital from Origin downloads, installs and plays fine on it.

I have both the physical copy and the digital from Origin. I haven't tried the physical on my new laptop, but the digital from Origin downloads, installs and plays fine on it.

Did you get the free copy of Pirates and nobles with it as I did?

Did you get the free copy of Pirates and nobles with it as I did?

I bought the deluxe physical copy which had both the game and expansion so I wouldn't say my copy of Pirates and Nobles was free (discounted I guess since it's a bundle). Both digital versions of the game and expansion did download and install from Origin when I registered the game there.

@Astro I have a physical CD copy of The Sims Medieval and it seems in good condition with no to little scratches I can download the game using the cd but could not play the game. I wonder why. I try to redeem the code in Origin and The Sims 3 page both don't seem to work it doesn't allow me to download or play the game. What can I do?
    edited June 2021
    Guys, it is working now... Although I need to contact Origin customer service LIVE Chat to help me with the issue all I did was redeem the code in Origin and even if I receive this notification: "Sorry, this code can't be redeemed here. Please go to https://store.thesims3.com/myAccount.html and enter your code there".. The Sims Medieval eventually showed up in my Origin Game Library and I was able to download the game from there and launch it successfully. Thank you guys each and every one of you for helping me out. I so miss this game I last played last 2014 few days or weeks ago. Now not only I can be able to play this game but as well as stream this game in Facebook, Youtube and Twitch...
    There is an available for sale The Sims 4 Deluxe with Pirates and Nobles. I wanted to buy this extra content for my game but my problem is I already have a deluxe game on my library and just want the Pirates and Nobles extra content but how can I do this?
    There is an available for sale The Sims 4 Deluxe with Pirates and Nobles. I wanted to buy this extra content for my game but my problem is I already have a deluxe game on my library and just want the Pirates and Nobles extra content but how can I do this?

Maybe ask Origin customer service again. They might be able to help you with that. I've had nothing but good experiences with them, honestly.