Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!!!!

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

lol funny @calaprfy
    I like the bunnies reactions to be cooked
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    Anyone else having the Wednesday showing on Origin? This is what I'm seeing, but not sure if this is normal?

HTEMhvp.png

That's so weird. Origin says it will be July 22nd 8pm for me, but my time zone is only two hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time.
    I thought all expansions come out at midnight in your time zone anyway.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Btw did that bar in the trailer look like a restaurant to y'all too? What's up with that?
    To me, it was spot on for a country village pub. I have visited many, so I was pleased it looked so authentic.

41 days sounds a horrifically long time... this is going to be a very long countdown thread.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    Anyone else having the Wednesday showing on Origin? This is what I'm seeing, but not sure if this is normal?

HTEMhvp.png

That's so weird. Origin says it will be July 22nd 8pm for me, but my time zone is only two hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time.

We're gonna get into the timezones shenanigans again are we 😅

It releases midnight but not every single midnight. If you're an hour or 2-3 ahead or behind a main timezone (like CEST for Europe) you can be getting it "a day earlier" (say 11 pm or 10 pm bc it's == midnight central Europe). That also applies for Australia / NZ, US time zones and probably many other places :)
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    somewhsome wrote: »

HTEMhvp.png

We're gonna get into the timezones shenanigans again are we 😅

It releases midnight but not every single midnight. If you're an hour or 2-3 ahead or behind a main timezone (like CEST for Europe) you can be getting it "a day earlier" (say 11 pm or 10 pm bc it's == midnight central Europe). That also applies for Australia / NZ, US time zones and probably many other places :)

Yes, that's okay, I get why for example Central Europe gets the pack at midnight while UK gets it "a previous day" at 11pm. But that's not the case here and it looks messed up. First, it says that release time is 8pm, which is weird for an EP, but maybe they've decided to release it at 10am LA time like gamepacks (that would be exactly 6pm BST and 8pm my time zone). But why it says July 21st for the UK and July 22nd for me? That's strange because we have 2 hours difference, not 26 hours.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    Wait, i thought it was 22 of this month. Noooo! :'(

I made the same mistake.
  • deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    SimGuruRomeo answered a lot of questions on Twitter and I found this compilation on Youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g4aBMBvbGA
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Hopefully, they will finally fix the ground gardening, because this will be a necessity for the new pack.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I saw mentions of the new lore and it has me curious. Was also wondering if carrot man from the trailer was either the new death, a plant sim update, or a psuedo occult.
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    This feels way too long. I am so impatient
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Hmm so does the uk get it on the 21st of July at 6pm? That’s very early if so
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I was really hoping for a sooner release. I thought for sure the release date would be July 9th. The 22nd seems like forever from now.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I was really hoping for a sooner release. I thought for sure the release date would be July 9th. The 22nd seems like forever from now.

true but at least we have something to look forward to and this nice count down thread to enjoy
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • trineloetrineloe Posts: 37 Member
    I'm finishing my exams for this semester on the 18th. Oh my, I would have loved if release was June 22nd! But on the other hand, it's great that some players have time to save up some money if they want buy it on release date or before the 2nd of September.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the official gameplay trailer. I hope we might see something related to the fairy rings (in the end of the trailer). It seems like there might be a hidden world. I'll try not to get too excited, haha! :joy:
    Gallery ID: trineloe
    ~~ building life ~~
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I don’t think we get many more info for another two weeks or something and I honestly cannot handle that😩
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    EdithV wrote: »

Maybe the 6PM is the pre-download time and the actual release will be the usual 11PM?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • HanneeHannee Posts: 36 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

These guys played a gig in my village when I was younger as they were born near there! I just remember trying to smother my ears with a pillow to drown them out! :D
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'll manage the long wait easily. The Euros start today. Come on England!
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    EdithV wrote: »

Maybe the 6PM is the pre-download time and the actual release will be the usual 11PM?

Yes maybe, I mean I wouldn’t complain if we got it then haha
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 277 Member
    I should request that Friday off now B)
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    for me it was avalable for preorder as well on origin
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    I'm completely on the fence on this EP.

I know I will get it right away, because I'm pretty new to Sims 4 and in the 'Honeymoon phase'. But it doesn't actually have much of anything that appeals to me, from what I've seen thus far.

That said, for me the number one thing my game always needs more of is lots to build on. And I highly suspect this EP will come with at least 1, probably more, new lots. :)
    - I'm at a state where if they wanted to charge me $10 for a blank map like Newcrest, I'd be buying it.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited June 2021
    Jyotai wrote: »
    I'm completely on the fence on this EP.

I know I will get it right away, because I'm pretty new to Sims 4 and in the 'Honeymoon phase'. But it doesn't actually have much of anything that appeals to me, from what I've seen thus far.

That said, for me the number one thing my game always needs more of is lots to build on. And I highly suspect this EP will come with at least 1, probably more, new lots. :)
    - I'm at a state where if they wanted to charge me $10 for a blank map like Newcrest, I'd be buying it.

I honestly think they should consider something akin to world kits, but if there is nothing that interests you immediately I do always recommend waiting for a sale. I can nearly guarantee it won't be discounted before the September 2nd purchase bonus expires, but if you won't miss it discounts are nice.

And I say this as someone that has already preordered because this is something that I want day 1.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i have my orgin recipt. but it doesn't show up as purchased. prerded yesterday.

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited June 2021
    i have my orgin recipt. but it doesn't show up as purchased. prerded yesterday.

Same here Maybe doesn't show until : (Pre-Order) Jul 21,2021
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion