Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Have Access To The Sims 2?

Comments

• SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    Yes
    Yep, both UC and on disk. I used to play it on disk, now I'm only playing with UC.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes
    I still get so much fun from playing it. I still have the discs. Although since upgrading to Windows 8.1 it’s very glitchy.

I’d love it on download as the discs will wear out eventually.

Sometimes if Sims cloud gaze or stargaze there’s chance a satellite falls on them.
    Post edited by ncisGibbs02 on
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes
    I wanted to play the game a few days ago on my new computer, but its not working. The first loading screen takes me back to desktop. :p
    Gotta fix that soon. Thank god Pleasantsims has a website that explains issues like this in detail with fixes.

I had a few mods so I'm afraid my savefiles won't work as they used to*god I hope not*. I had some UI/Graphic-Changes (UI was in Sims 4 design, very pretty). Will see :smile:
    My new pc is a fast horse so I hope to be able to play the Sims 3 finally too. Need to apply some fixes there too, otherwise it won't work..

I love to play Sims 2 and 3 once in a while.
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    No and I'm not interested.
    I have the discs in my basement but I'm not interested honestly. I don't even think I'll be able to install them, I know you can "get it" anyway but I can't be bothered. It's been fun while it was current but I really dislike the way the sims look in TS2. The only old Sims game that I really feel nostalgic about and still play is TS1.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited May 2021
    No but I'd like to.
    No, but I’d like to. I lost all of my disks. :'(
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Yes
    I have the ultimate collection, but I can't get it to work on my laptop. It worked on my previous computer, but I can't remember if that was before or after I installed Windows 10.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • RosenrotNikkiRosenrotNikki Posts: 24 Member
    No but I'd like to.
    I want it so bad! Do not know where to get it since Origin doesn't have it. I had almost ALLLLL of expansions for it and sold it when I had Sims 3. Regret it now UUUUGH
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    No but I'd like to.
    I use to have it on my old pc, I had them on disk format, but years ago I sold both the pc and the disks :/

I would like to play it again, I wish they add it to origin one day :)
  • choran929choran929 Posts: 214 Member
    Yes
    I used to have the disks, but when the laptop that I was playing on crashed, I was unable to play them making them useless. I purchased "the Sims 2 Super Collection" app in the app store on my laptop and I have been playing it again.
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    Yes
    All discs and it's the Sims game I play most frequently.
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    No but I'd like to.
    I loved TS2, I think it was probably my favourite of the Sims series so I would love to see it available on Origin. I did have the discs at one point but I'm not sure if they're still in my parents attic or we got rid of them.
  • LA_sports_girl87LA_sports_girl87 Posts: 24 Member
    No but I'd like to.
    No, but I really wish I did. I used to have all the discs but ended up getting rid of them a few years ago in an attempt to de-clutter my place. Definitely regret that decision.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Yes
    I did when I answered initially, I don't now. I got a new laptop and hubby insisted I'd get the best performance if I didn't install the partition I was using to play UC. I may be able to play it again at some point, but for now I'm down to just Sims 4.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Yes
    I have the discs... somewhere. But played the ultimate collection most recently :D (It's way easier to start up via Origin)
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Yes
    Yes and I play TS2 all the time still. I've been playing my version of Pleasantview since 2015.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    I don't know if I've answered correctly. I have The Sims 2 UC installed on my computer, but it doesn't work. I downloaded all of the graphics things and took all the recommended steps to try to get it to work, but it just doesn't (I get weird green or purple or blue - I can't remember splotches in game) and I don't care enough to do anything more to fix it. The Sims 2 love for me is just nostalgia. It goes away very quickly when I actually play it.
  • CreativeMom88CreativeMom88 Posts: 53 Member
    I can't not say yes nor no.
    Yes, I still have my disc.
    No, I can't install to play it. 😭
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Yes
    I first learned about the Sims after my daughter insisted I try Sims 2. I was hooked and bought all of the packs as they came out. I had terrible luck with my sims, though. My daughter used to tease me about it because my sims were always being struck by lightening! If I went to get mail, even on a sunny day, a storm would pop up and kill my sim! Same with using hot tubs. And of course, being abducted by aliens. LOL I loved every moment and still will play when I have a chance.
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    As much as I enjoyed playing it when I had it (quit before Bon Voyage came out), I don’t think I need to revisit it. I’m too attached to my current sims in 4; I’m so invested in their stories that I’m not interested in basically starting a new game.
  • CamarieSimsCamarieSims Posts: 30 Member
    Yes
    Since the question was, Do you have access to The Sims 2, the technical answer is yes...but I don't have a computer at home capable of allowing me to download, install, and then play The Sims 2. I don't even currently have a computer capable of allowing me to play any Sims game at this moment in time.
    FYI, now known as insomniacsims on Simblr and Origin; profile picture is an old makeover of Zoe Patel
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Yes
    I got the ultimate collection years ago thanks to a very nice agent, and it really made my day. Honestly, ea has great customer service. I required their help a few times in the past and their agents were so nice.

Anyways, back to the sims 2 ultimate collection lol. I installed it in my old laptop that uses windows 7 and it required no graphical workarounds, though loading screens had graphical glitches sometimes, but i dont really play the game anymore. It doesnt fit my current playstyle and i feel it needs lots of cc, and i dont really wanna spend time cc shopping.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Yes
    I had Sims 2 and all the expansions back when they were on disc but my Seasons disc stopped working right around the time that we were all given Sims 2 Ultimate for free if we had registered everything. So now I just play with that (its a digital copy through Origin now instead of playing on my very old discs - Seasons.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Yes
    I have the UC installed but I barely play it. Never really liked The Sims 2 as much...
  • GothicKing13GothicKing13 Posts: 47 Member
    No but I'd like to.
    No, I do not... Sims 2 was and will always be my most favorite of the Sims franchise. It was quirky, hilarious at times and just stupid. It always made me laugh. My little cousins got a hold of my disk and scratched it up. Had a lot of the DLCs for it. But, alas... when EA was giving it on Origin I was facing serious computer problems so missed out on that and was never able to snag a copy of it. Do miss playing it.
    With every deed, you are sowing a seed... though, the harvest you may not see
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Yes
    No, I do not... Sims 2 was and will always be my most favorite of the Sims franchise. It was quirky, hilarious at times and just stupid. It always made me laugh. My little cousins got a hold of my disk and scratched it up. Had a lot of the DLCs for it. But, alas... when EA was giving it on Origin I was facing serious computer problems so missed out on that and was never able to snag a copy of it. Do miss playing it.

Maybe you should try asking Origin customer service anyway? Because you already paid good money for the physical disks long time ago - it's not like you're getting the game free. You could ask them if you can register your copy on Origin and see what they say.

I'm saying this because I had bought the physical disk of My Sims. The physical disk doesn't install properly on Windows 10, but I registered the game on Origin and was able to download and install the digital version, which actually works really well in Windows 10.

Good luck, and I hope you'll be able to enjoy your favorite The Sims game again!