Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUILDERS WANTED!! Home Renovation!

Comments

• ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Just got the Dream Home Decorator pack, has anyone else gotten it? I'll add it to the list of packs in the beginning of this thread in the next day or two
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    I just got it! Enjoying it so far!
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    I have it and I think it is my favorite pack so far!
    @AlJay and @sarabeth2984 I love all the new build buy items/ I just aged up the sim that is going to be an interior designer so I'll be trying to the gameplay tonight.
    Townhouse Challenge
    Gallery ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery Name: Sulani Jellybean Row
    Slideshow Link: Builders Wanted - Townhouse Challenge
    Description: I chose to use Newfoundland's Jellybean Row as my inspiration for my townhouses. I have created 4 units. Each is decorated with a different style. Beachy/coastal, tropical/Island, Spanish/Mexican, and Modern/contemporary. I really seem to struggle with limiting myself to certain packs so my apologies @Clousinators if you download this lot you will lose the windows and a few random décor items :s .
    Pictures:
    Inspiration
    e39HIlW.jpg
    Street View
    6y91Ofa.png
    Ocean View
    c4k99pT.png
    Overhead views
    2sjhuPl.png
    wYEg3Vq.png
    vX1oKXw.png
    @AlJay Good pick for inspiration. You did a good job of capturing all the bright colors of the exterior with an island twist. I like all the light colors in the yellow unit, good use of space and putting 5 beds in there. I like what you did with the closets. The warm rich tones in the blue unit is a nice change, I like the office layout. The layering of the curtains looks nice in the main bedrooms. I like the relaxing Spanish vibe in the red unit. The kids bedroom in this one uses a lot of bright colors and I like it. I like the calm blue tones in the turquoise unit. That bookcase in the office is impressive. I like the bunk bed over the double bed in the guest room. The main bedroom looks really relaxing. I like that each unit has its own theme but still goes along with the island/beach theme as well. I also like that each one has their own private back deck. Looking at the back decks at night looks like a big party. Good job!
    Thank you so much @Clousinators :)
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Hey @Clousinators, here's my Boston Townhouse! It comes with its own little side park. :)

06-28-21-5-02-20-pm_orig.png

Top-down views:
    06-28-21-5-02-39-pm.png
    06-28-21-5-02-52-pm.png
    06-28-21-5-02-55-pm.png
    06-28-21-5-02-58-pm.png

More screenshots here: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/boston-townhouse.html
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    @icanhassims The outside of the brick home definitely feels like it came straight from Boston, and the little park on the side is a nice addition for some sun and fresh air. Most of the time I have trouble with long skinny buildings and figuring out the floor plan but you did a great job. The floor plan lays out nice and you were able to find good uses for all those tricky nooks and corners. Good job at keeping the entire house bright and well lit. I also like the time spent to make each bedroom a different theme for each of the kids. And it looks like you put enough activities in the house and yard to keep everyone occupied for a long time. The study room will be a great idea to keep everyone's skills and grades up. Your Boston Townhouse looks like a great spot for a large family to live! Thanks for joining the challenge this month! Its always good to see your creations!
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Thank you @Clousinators! I'm so glad you enjoyed my build. :)
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    edited July 2021
    City Living Shell/Debug House

I saw this weird glass shell thing from City Living in debug months ago and always thought it was interesting. So I am attempting to turn it into a house and I've got a decent start but now I have creator's block and I'm not sure where to go from here.

This month I've uploaded the shell I've started if you would like to see what you can come up with, or if you have a different debug item in mind, see what kind of lot you can make with it! No budget, any lot type :smile:

City Living Shell
    If you are using my shell feel free to delete/move any walls or furniture. I was just mapping things out as I was going, tried starting the kitchen and that is where I stopped lol
    72tM87p.pngF1Zdkb6.png
    U85FzWE.png

• Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    Hi! That seems interesting! :) Please help me because my english is weak. :blush: Do I understand correctly that the only rule is, that this item should be used?
    @Jazmi1396 Hi! Only rule for this month's challenge is you have to use a debug item but it does not have to be the one I used in the shell. Any debug item is fine :smile:
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    I like building debug houses, this could be fun.
    @JojoMOMSTER I hope you decide to join this month! You always have some creative ideas :smile:
    Thank you @Clousinators :)

Gallery name: City Living Art Museum
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FAEB25D3E55611EB8136C0B26CC30691?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Jazmi1396&max=50&maxis=false
    Slideshow Link: https://imgur.com/a/scXvElk
    CC Credit: none, but I used arts of @mnewi1103 and @Mbarnet I think those pictures look very nice there.
    Description: I made a small museum with this item. There's a shadow there next to the chess tables, I know what the shadow belongs to (a sign, I wanted to put above the entrance), but I can't find it anywhere, so I can't delete it. :smiley: I would also like to show you my another lot, what I did with a debug item. This cute mushroom is in the discoveruniversity pack. :)

Pictures:
    viNzACm.png
    byX86sh.png
    71EufxG.png
    @Jazmi1396 I just got to my vacation so I haven't had time to look through your build yet but from the pictures you posted they look super cool. I can't wait to tour them when I get the time!
  • nali272nali272 Posts: 431 Member
    Challenge: City Living Shell/Debug House
    Gallery/Forum Name: Trinican / Nali272
    Gallery Lot name: City Living Surprise
    Gallery Link: HERE
    Slideshow Link: https://imgur.com/a/hgG7vU5
    Art Credit: None
    Description: This one was a little difficult, but I enjoyed the challenge. I did not modify the floorplan at all. I swapped out the kitchen cabinets but not the layout. Added some more of the matching windows to let light into the bedrooms. I imagined this was the home for a bachelor who ended up with custody of his daughter.
    Pictures:
    vXifZaN.png
    ju7XmWg.png
    1LOXQk4.png
    bTVkFlm.png
    IUF8S14.png
    vMuIvn9.png
    cXOGCvW.png
    aHJ8q3p.png
    DTwN8PB.png
    uATd0nF.png
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    edited July 2021
    I always thought that item was a subway tunnel entrance but the cozy home you’ve built @nali272 is a lovely use of the inside of the object.
    Thanks, @JojoMOMSTER , is that how it is used in the game...lol. I could not even picture it... glad @Clousinators choose it, now I will look for it in game.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    @Jazmi1396 I like what you've done with your City Living Art Museum. I like that you used the debug item multiple times to make the outside of the build even more interesting. Placing everything diagonal helps give the lot more personality as well. The fence through the garden surrounding the building matches the windows and debug item nicely. The chess tables look like an awesome spot to level up your logic skill with some amazing views. Good job at filling the spaces outside with more garden beds and some waterfalls and other statues. The layout of the inside of the museum is nice with benches lining a grass bed to sit and look at the art. The art on the stools on the second floor is a nice touch and really makes it feel like a museum. I think the balcony on the second floor is where I would spend most of my time. Its relaxing and minimal like the inside, and has more amazing views!

I don't have Discover University so I can't see all the items on the inside of the mushroom house without a slideshow, unfortunately. However, the detail you put into the exterior is amazing! It really looks like it is straight out of a fairy tale! The positioning of the house and yard amongst the rocks looks great (I still have not been able it pull off). The shrubs you chose make you feel like you are in the middle of the woods. I love the little swimming hole area, its my favorite part of this build. These are both awesome builds :smile:

@nali272 I like what you've done with the place! The addition of windows in the downstairs bedrooms are nice for some natural light. The neutral and pink tones in the child's bedroom go well together. The curtains add some softness to the sharp modern windows. The dresser/vanity is unique and cute. The downstairs bathroom feels like being in a spa! The colors in the first bedroom downstairs have more of a relaxing feel. I like the closet wall. The gym/laundry room is a nice use of space. Awesome sitting/living area upstairs, great for entertaining groups. Great use of shelves all throughout the house to make interesting dressers and entertainment centers. The areas along the side on the second floor are also very nice. I like the random rec items like the dart board, pool table, computer desk and bar. The grand piano on the first floor is a great space filler I hadn't thought of yet for this house. I like the firepit in the living area downstairs and the black modern theme throughout this floor. Great job giving the entire house a modern theme to go with the modern looking debug item! City Living Surprise looks great!
    @Clousinators thanks for the wonderful review!
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    @Clousinators Thanks for your detailed feedback, I’m glad you liked it! I didn’t want post more pictures of the mushroom hut because that wasn’t the challenge, I just wanted to show that debug item, because I think it’s cute. :)
    Challenge#8 Row of Townhouses
    Gallery name: Row Houses (Basegame)
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6C03FA77EC7011EB8751A46954E8DEB9?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Jazmi1396&max=50&maxis=false
    Slideshow Link: https://imgur.com/a/qwQgR3n

Description: I tried to build a townhouse, I don’t know how well it worked. :) I simply set them up using a basegame and made a basement for them as well.
    We don't have houses like that in Hungary. Most of our old downtown houses were built between 1870 and 1910. They can be of many kinds, but they are usually characterized by their large size, a common entrance from the street, and the entrances to the homes open from the corridors of the inner courtyard. There are usually shops/restaurant/office down the street front. There are currently some that are not very nice and need renovation and there are some that have been very nicely renovated. There are several that even show traces of World War II. It might be some inspiration to show 1-2 pictures, but I’d rather give you an imgur link so I don’t get bored of those who don’t care.

Townhouses of Budapest: https://imgur.com/a/v1kgyvN

Pictures:
    i2cfJCv.png
    cyBQf37.png
    FjRQsSY.png

XWQvWAy.jpg
    iROKsSh.jpg

Very nice build @Jazmi1396, and lovely pics of the historic buildings.