Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 Cottage Living Negativity thread.

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited June 2021
    Gordy wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »
    Oh hey, side quests! The new pack will be bringing side quests!

I feel like this might be a reskin of Odd Jobs from Island Living, except instead of getting to pick and choose what you want to do, it's randomized.

Sounds like it, I think Romeo was involved in making Journey to Batuu though so maybe the side quests are a little more developed.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    So no horses?
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    candyboot wrote: »
    They could have done farming better.

How could you possibly know that?
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    The bunny thing's got me so disappointed. I wouldn't want it locked in a cage like rodents, but I'd love for it to actually feel like a pet and part of the family. A wild animal visitor just isn't the same. Give it a hutch to stay in, and let us keep it bound indoors or in a garden.

From the answers Romeo gave on Twitter, I think it's somewhere in the middle. You can name it, you can dress it (he confirmed no autonomous animal clothing), and based on the trailer it's at least somewhat interactable.

I assume the tree stump the bunny disappears into in the trailer is its home, which you can place outdoors on your lot as a "home base" for it to come in and out of. I don't know why they didn't just create a rabbithole hutch that acts the same as the stump, but with an additional "purchase pet" interaction on it.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    I'm kinda disappointed in how the cows and the llamas work - they're tied to these BIG objects. I wish they would've been tied to smaller objects, like a small stall or something instead. I also don't like how the objects look - they look clunky and too old timey. 🤔
    Hopefully they can be scaled down. Like I can just scale a barn down and hide it in a bush.
    Ah, perhaps it would be possible to shrink down the stall in a shed I build myself - but it would still be weird to build since they presumable disappear into the tiny shrunk down shed.

Maybe it would be possible to shrink down the shed and hide it behind something like a big bale of hay. Then you could put your animals in one big barn, and when they go into their shed, it will just look like they're disappearing behind the hay to eat. Or maybe they never actually go into the sheds at all, in which case it wouldn't matter?
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    Disappointed about the barn size thing. Like I don't' want to have multiple barns just for multiple cows/llamas/whatever.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Simtanium wrote: »
    The free stuff for a limited time worries me, as well, for the precedent this might set in the future.

I agree, it seems like they’re worried about people buying all their packs on sale and not at full price.

I wondered this too.
    they never did this for 7 years.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    The free stuff for a limited time worries me, as well, for the precedent this might set in the future.

I agree, it seems like they’re worried about people buying all their packs on sale and not at full price.

I wondered this too.

It probably means there's been a fall off in on-release sales recently.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Kironide wrote: »
    No wonder, since they've been releasing buggy messes for a while now.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    edited June 2021
    Yeah, DHD is the first pack in all interactions of the game that I haven't bought.

Edit: in part because of the bugs.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Watched the trailer and all I can say is.. meh. Again it just met my expectations completely and didn't blow them or surprise me in any way. Packs in this game just don't feel new and exciting anymore, this just feels like more of the same yet again. The entire budget seems to have gone on making animals and otherwise there's really nothing there, the world is just another forgettable samey world that looks like a blend of Windenburg and Britechester and we already have a billion country themed things so the items aren't anything exciting.

It looked like there's a pond tool which I'm happy about but otherwise this is just another totally uninteresting and unmemorable pack for me...
    edited June 2021

I wondered this too.

I think they want to boost sales for this quarter. Maybe their kits have not been selling that well, or not earned them enough money.

Q3 Fiscal year is 1 July - 30 september. Maybe we will not see another pack until October.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    It would be awful if they don’t let us cook the rabbits, cows, and chickens!

I can't tell if you're serious, but the dev team already said they would never allow that. The rabbits are wild creatures to befriend, the chickens produce eggs, and the cows milk. That's all.

Say whaaaaaaat!?!?!?!

What a bummer. I wanted to cook those bad boys in my cauldron.
    logion wrote: »

I wondered this too.

I think they want to boost sales for this quarter.

I wasn't really expecting anything major until October. What do you think?
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    So far my biggest disappointment is that there's only 12 lots. But that seems to be the norm for Simworlds now. I don't think we'll ever have a Windenburg-sized world ever again. I am pretty excited for the rest of the pack, but I'm reserving full judgement until I read the reviews once the pack is out.

Seriously only 12? That's the same amount that Strangerville has. This is giving me major deja vu to Dream Home Decorator because this pack has physically nothing to make it more than a game pack :|
    edited June 2021

I wondered this too.

From what I have seen on their Fiscal Reports they are saying that their sales are increasing every year. Maybe the trend is not looking so good this year so they want to boost sales so that this quarter and this year is looking better.

I dunno, these three items could just be something that EA wanted to do because they want to keep trying new things to earn more money too.

I wondered this too.

From what I have seen on their Fiscal Reports they are saying that their sales are increasing every year. Maybe the trend is not looking so good this year so they want to boost sales so that this quarter and this year is looking better.

I dunno, these three items could just be something that EA wanted to do because they want to keep trying new things to earn more money too.

I agree, both of those possibilities are likely too.
  • ScarletonScarleton Posts: 55 Member
    I'm pretty neutral on the whole thing. Though, I hear many talking about the lack of horses and fairies, and I'd have to agree. They both would've been perfect for this pack and they are definitely missing the opportunity to add them. I mean, farming and horses go hand-in-hand. It would've been a bit disappointing, but they could've treated horses like they're probably treating the other animals: bounding them to an item. There's another thread speculating that the sims 4 seems to dislike occult sims, and I totally can see it. I mean, how did they not think of fairies? If this was a different company, I would think that they would be in here as a surprise, but ha.
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    So far my biggest disappointment is that there's only 12 lots. But that seems to be the norm for Simworlds now. I don't think we'll ever have a Windenburg-sized world ever again. I am pretty excited for the rest of the pack, but I'm reserving full judgement until I read the reviews once the pack is out.

Seriously only 12? That's the same amount that Strangerville has. This is giving me major deja vu to Dream Home Decorator because this pack has physically nothing to make it more than a game pack :|

:| ...
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Of course as they have to adjust their income forecast and they may not get the maximum income if most people are waiting for an sale.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    You guys really think EA is doing it because people aren't buying the packs? I can't help but laugh at the thought of that. This is the sims, they can literally put out a 5 dollar pack about collecting dust in your house and it'll be eaten up by the masses. (Myself included)

If anything, the opposite is true. The game is doing so well and they know people will eat anything up
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    Onverser wrote: »

That one of the reasons I am waiting for more info as to see what this pack actually has as trailers are nice but sometimes they don't tell the whole story but I am trying to be neutral.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    My only currently concern is that it’ll be locked to the new world.

Lol that would be a bonus for me
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member

They went with a Disney version of farming
    momboqueen wrote: »

They went with a Disney version of farming

yeah the Snow White Wanna be gave that away in the trailer. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top