Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Between2Worlds [Story] 06/04

191011121315...Next

Comments

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @SnowBnuuy

Aw! Thank you! And don't apologise ever! I've got a few deadlines back-to-back and am trying to slot in a vacation too so I'm having to do make-up work on top of everything. I'm the one who should apologise for going MIA. I should be less anxious and be around more in the coming month, which isn't much of a good news since we're only at the beginning of June. :lol:
    the fact that we, as women, internally blame ourselves for everything, because we are often taught not to fight back or speak out or we'll get accused of being 'over the top' or 'hysterical', especially when it involves not giving a guy what he wants. Years of being told to keep quiet will have that affect on you, where it's easier to keep quiet than speak your mind which makes you feel crushingly guilty or as if you're doing something wrong. It's easy to not know what you want or the decent treatment that you deserve, when everyone has been pushing you about and controlling you your entire life.
    Thank you very much for sharing. This is definitely one of the themes I wanted to explore in Season 1. You're right that given the circumstances, both Athena and Curtis's perception of good, decent or what they think they deserve are skewed. If all we've ever known is the inside of a well, how do we know that there's more to life than dirt and moss? (I kinda translated this from a Malay proverb. I can't think of a good english analogy at the moment. :lol: ) I tried very much to make Season 2 be sunshine and rainbows, but as always the realist in me has strong opinions about it.
    sometimes it's honestly easier to just cut yourself off for a bit just to be away from other people and to focus on yourself.
    I agree, though clearly my character need to redefine their version of 'sometimes'. :joy:

Chapter 1:
    Eva is super adorable and I'm glad you like her! ^^ Quite right that happy-go-lucky characters in a noir-ish story are going to have their morals challenged, that or they will challenge the genre. At least that's how it feels to me when I want to write the story a certain way but she and Nathan insists on laughing at everything :smiley:

Oof you're right on the money with Gabriella and her idealised romance. I like how sus you are of Curtis right off the bat. Given you're all caught up I hope you found some satisfaction in checking out your predictions turned out against what happened. Personally I find that fun when I read other stories, though sometimes I prefer to be pulled along by the motions. I'm using the simray which is technically an alien gun, but I'm not sure if I'll include aliens as part of the story. It's already too complicated even for my standards now. :sweat_smile:

Too right that extreme terrorism laws can be misconstrued and misused easily. Lets hope there's enough upstanding people in B2W's law system eh? I can't wait to read on and see what you think about the state of the law in this universe. :lol: I love your kitchen knife analogy! Gave me a laugh. I wish more people thought like that. :blush:

I like the funky wallpaper too, though I think for a reader trying to read colored text against it would be a nightmare so I'll have to make sure I don't make this story into an eye test. :lol: I downloaded several custom traits and Isaias has one particular trait that makes him so super quiet all the time. Anhedonic is such a cool word.

Chapter 2 & 3:
    Irviel and Magic Realm are the same thing. It was strange to me to keep calling Magic Realm... Magic Realm, as if spellcasters wouldn't have named it something more personal and meaningful.

Aw, Eva's last name is a coincidence to Morgyn's. She was donated by a friend and I didn't think it was right to change her name so I kept it. Sorry it's misleading! It got too much for Eva to handle you're right. But at least she's gotten over it with humor, or at least she's coping with Nathan's humor. :sweat_smile: Maybe it'll all turn out alright in the end. :smiley:

I'm glad you like the symbolism of the orchestra! It's what I intended when I named this chapter Crescendo. I don't want Morgyn to come back to corporeal form because you're right. B2W will be brought to new depths of low if he appears haha!

Describing White Wraiths as misguided seems fitting to me. They think they're the good guys. Which I suppose in the public's eyes they are. Does that mean they are good then? I'm glad you like Rai's anime fight. :joy: Honestly I mash up too many genres so its nice to know it works here.

Oh dear, sorry that the images didn't load for you. Let me know if it happens again. I tend to let the images do half the talking so if something doesn't load the story might be unreadable. :joy: I'm experimenting with a new image hosting site so your feedback will help me choose which site to use. You're quite right to point out the inconsistency of Roidh's words and his actions. :wink: Roidh can use body parts to raise the dead yes, but the stuff he raises continues to stay dead, if you catch my meaning. :wink: Yas, I agree that Gabriella is better off with someone else.. >.>

That's such high praise that you're comparing this story to DnD! I've never played it but I've heard lots of great things about it. I hope the story continues to stay interesting to you. ^^

Chapter 4:
    One of Brenna's three traits is ambitiousness! Let's hope it doesn't consume her or bend her principles as you've suggested. Or maybe it should. xD

Ah! Too right that you've noticed a similarity in Eva and Athena. I have a tendency to write characters that have strong passions. If you break down each of my characters, there's usually a clear desire that drives each of them and dictate their choices. Even Appleman. :joy:

Oo I'm glad you like my amateur tattoo attempts! I made four swatches so that it'll match different skin tones. That's pretty macabre to prepare towards. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that. >.> :sweat_smile: I'm glad that you like Spellcasting and Spellweaving lore too! I tried to build proper lore this time. ^^ I think my execution needs work, but oh well everything is a learning experience.

Yup. Athena has Soul manipulation abilities and that is why she is the key to resurrecting Morgyn and why Aelrendths are pursuing her. Yup, Athena's dance around the border between life and death is costing her greatly.

Kian's part of the White Wraiths yeah! He first appeared in the wordless chapter. Yeah Mischief magic is great for a bit of fun, but too much mind-meddling and it could be just as deadly as Untamed Magic to me.

I'm glad Roidh is just as sus to you as when he first appeared. Amg.. creepy father figure.. you have the best descriptions. If I make a character page, I'm putting that as Roidh's description. :joy:

Aw you're right. Iris's pledge to create their own Morgyn-Aelrendth-magicky world is no different to how we create subcultures in our lives and hang out with 'people like us'. It's relatable to me too.

Chapter 5:
    There's a great perk to reading your comments all at one go. I like how you went from White Wraiths being misguided to them pushing their agenda. <3 And throughout, there is still the consistent notion that they are acting on the good of the people.

No worries if you don't remember Diane. I don't usually despise characters, but she, Bowser and Lucian are rage points for me. I held back from writing her lest I aggravate my blood pressure :joy:
    The trouble with this mindset is when you’re deep enough in it, no-one can convince you there is any other way and that you are not the terrible person you think you are.
    Thank you. I've been given flak several times for choosing to write Athena's character the way it is. But I've weighed all the events that happened in her life and compared it to her triumphs and factored in the 'support systems' she has too. I don't see any other way to write her unless I skew the truth entirely.

I'm sorry about the skeletons. It might seem like I'm using a cheap scare tactic intended to get a rise out of readers, but I'm simply portraying what Athena's headspace looks like. She has so many distorted, dark images in her head and peculiar things in there and well, the skeletons were the least horrible ones and only after I posted the chapter did I realise that they're pretty scary too. These chapters are to give an idea of how her subconscious manifests in herself. But after this, we won't dive into her headspace again too much. Yes. Tampering with life and death is not a good idea in b2w!

What do you mean by you're not sure what to feel about Roidh? Yush, Bloodmancy started off as healing magic. If we look at it from a different perspective, bloodmancy is just the study of blood. And that has many benefits in itself. Personally, I don't think people are born 'evil'. It's hardwired in us to be 'good'. And depending on our life experiences, our interpretation of 'good' changes, much like our standards. :smile:

Kian and Curtis's friendship has definitely come a long way... We're tying crime and magic together. Let's hope it doesn't become gloriously gruesome as you say! :joy: Thank you so much for reading all the way! That's amazing that you did and in such a short span of time too! :blush:
    We're finally kicking out the skeletons from the closet. In every sense of the word! 😄

5.8b Part of the Game Pt2
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    edited June 2021
    Thanks for all of your replies, it’s interesting reading your thoughts on my thoughts because my thoughts make little sense even to me : p
    Renaming the magic realm for that reason is such a good idea and I don’t know why I didn’t think of doing that in my own writing, like the bloodline casters having a different name for it or something. Ohhh right! So my Eva theory is just my tinfoil hat moment after all : p She’s great. Yeah the White Wraiths for me I thought they were misguided, whereas the scene where they try to push Brenna to join them made me think otherwise. Also me and Yimi were just recently discussing how awesome your portrayal of Morgyn is the other day : p

New chapter thoughts!

Ohh okay so that explains why Batty is a fox now! The ‘as always(...)on my happiness’ line is heartwarming. Athena subconsciously carving out a paradise in the Nether was heartbreaking though, there’s so much desperation to find a fleeting feeling of happiness and comfort. The Field of Souls is a cool touch but I’m wondering how she’ll find Rai’s amongst the others.

Interesting twist with Curtis having a little of Athena’s soul hence why he can sense her magic. I wonder if it’s enough for him to have any level of spellcasting ability?

Ohhh nononono, so the resurrection of Morgyn has already begun? What if Athena finds shards of their soul in the field of souls? I can’t imagine the feelings you’d have seeing all the people Morgyn killed flash before your eyes if you touched it.

I wonder what the kid saw? Poor little guy looks terrified. I’m not surprised. I absolutely love the fact that this story is building up to resurrecting a super powerful and dangerous mage. You can’t get much cooler than that. But the consequences will be terrifying (and exciting!) Oof, and here’s Roidh...

Curtis’s tie to Athena’s soul is a really good twist and I am so looking forward to what happens next. Getting Rai back, the potential consequences of doing so, and I’m wondering if she’ll find the fragments of First Elder Ember’s soul... Although if not in corporeal form like you said in the last chapter, I’m guessing maybe his ghost might possess someone or something? Oh no, imagine Athena possessed by... :O.
    they/them or she/her
    edited June 2021
    @SnowBnuuy
    That's okay! We can just not make sense together. 😄
    I think keeping names simple or identical to the game have their perks. There's less reader confusion and instant relatable-ness. Your tinfoil hat moments are always welcome! Feel free to have many more of these moments. I might answer them, or I might lead you astray instead but it's always nice to get a "I saw this coming!" feeling when it happens. It can be a fun reading experience that way too. :smiley: Thank you! Morgyn always spoke to me as a formidable spellcaster. I can't see him otherwise.

Yay chapter musings! <3

Aw, yeah. Athena is very much a dreamer, and this has been exacerbated by her spellcasting abilities. Thanks! Making the Field of Souls is tiring for me (not a builder) but I'm glad the end result paid off. ^^
    Interesting twist with Curtis having a little of Athena’s soul hence why he can sense her magic. I wonder if it’s enough for him to have any level of spellcasting ability?
    Oooh! That is such a cool concept to explore! I never even thought about it. If you do explore it in your stories I'd love to read it. :smiley: I guess you can tell from my reaction that Curtis doesn't have any of Athena's abilites, or at least he doesn't have her well of power in him. :smiley:

You're right. The process of bringing Morgyn back to life has already begun, but not the ritual. So maybe it's not too late.. o.o Oooh! Too true. The field of Souls does sound like the perfect place to find lost souls, eh? ;)

Ah my bad, jumpy kid saw the fences and gates disappear right before his eyes. There was dialogue, but I didn't think it was needed. Thank you for the feedback. ^^

I'm glad you're enjoying the twist! Curtis will no longer be as much of an oddball after this. Oof you're right, so many possibilities next, Rai, Morgyn, and your prediction! You might just get your wish... ! 😱 :smiley: Thank you so much for reading! I love reading your thoughts! ^^

@DeafSimmer :open_mouth:
    You always ask good questions! Curtis hasn't shown any spellcasting abilities, but it is strange that Curtis's stealth and reflexes are pretty exceptional, like escaping the factory explosion unscathed, out-maneuvering Kian and Sven at the docks, then manage to dodge the blood barrier around Athena. Someone also pointed out that Curtis reached Athena rather quickly during the alleyway scene despite being halfway around SimNation. This chapter definitely alludes to something, but these could just be Curtis's honed talents. He was trained like a child soldier all his life after all. :pensive::sweat_smile: Thank you! Athena definitely wants to save Rai. ^^
    edited June 2021
    Hi everyone. I am sorry for this disappointing post. My anxiety has been through the roof for awhile now and has reached a point where I can't bring myself to write/make poses/ screenshot/ talk without turning into a jittery blob. (Sorry if I seem like I'm ignoring any of you too.)

I think I've passed the worst of it since I'm able to write this post, but I won't have pc access somewhere late mid til end of the month, so I'll just take a break and focus on gameplay or build or w/e to ease off the load.

Ps. - storyteller in me doesn't shut up so maybe I'll write something, just not on my b2w babies.

Ps.s - I'm still reading stories. Got y'all bookmarked and favourited and checking for updates everyday. Happy simming! :)<3
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    @mercuryfoam Anxious bouts absolutely suck, take care of yourself first < 3
    they/them or she/her
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Look after yourself, Foamy <3 Chill gameplay sounds like a good plan. Also recommend the new expansion trailer, has lots of cute bunnies and actually made me want to just play for once!
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    Take a breather, Foamy. You got this. ❤
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Look after yourself, Foamy <3 Chill gameplay sounds like a good plan. Also recommend the new expansion trailer, has lots of cute bunnies and actually made me want to just play for once!

^ I second this. There are bunnies and COWS. OMG I love cows, did you know? 🐄 I bored Yimi udderly shipless with my cow ravings last night, so I'll moove on before I totally derail the thread with my legendairy commentary.
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member
    It's hard when anxiety takes over...
    To chill out and read stories. That sounds like an excellent plan.
    Gbwr2BOl.jpg
    Sends you a little cat love from a guy who knows how to practice both to perfection <3
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    edited June 2021
    Hi everyone. I am sorry for this disappointing post. My anxiety has been through the roof for awhile now and has reached a point where I can't bring myself to write/make poses/ screenshot/ talk without turning into a jittery blob. (Sorry if I seem like I'm ignoring any of you too.)

I think I've passed the worst of it since I'm able to write this post, but I won't have pc access somewhere late mid til end of the month, so I'll just take a break and focus on gameplay or build or w/e to ease off the load.

Ps. - storyteller in me doesn't shut up so maybe I'll write something, just not on my b2w babies.

Ps.s - I'm still reading stories. Got y'all bookmarked and favourited and checking for updates everyday. Happy simming! :)<3

I love B2W! ❤️I’m so thrilled to have found it. A little side note: it’s funny for me to call it B2W because in my banking work world B2B means Business to Business transactions which I’m heavily involved in and my brain always sees B2B instead of B2W. 😂😂😂. Anyway I think it sorta fits here too, the real world vs the supernatural one are two different businesses. Anyway, I digress!

Take a breather and chill if that’s what you need because we NEED to know how this ends up! Plus, I know, due to the way you’ve masterfully written this with your endless teasing, you have some sort of a plan for an ending. And there is nothing more satisfying than finishing. Finish for yourself and that anxiety will go away and something beautiful will takes it’s place! In the meantime, here’s lots of hugs. 🤗🤗🤗🤗
    Thanks guys. I'm taking things one step at a time. With lots of tea. And hotpot cuz winter is plum. I hope to see you guys when I'm back from my break. :)

@ThePlumbob Thank you, Plumbob. I'm excited for the new pack too. My default 'soup-for-the-soul' save is my farmer sim with a large plot of land and about 5 animals. I'm allergic to bunnies too so I can't wait to have this pack and play w rabbits all I want. Cottage living is set to release right after one of my deadlines too. :)

@SnuffyBucket I knew you liked cows a lot but I didn't know you liked cows A LOT. If you can't wait for cottage living there's always this. I love it. I has no puns for you. Only this picture. I had to get it because its hilarious and gives rice and coconut milk. :joy:
    Cow-for-Snuffy.jpg
    Cow-sleeping.jpg
    Crushing half my paddy but so adorable. :bawling:

@MonaSolstraale Aww that is such a peaceful picture and much needed. Thank you so much. Your cat is so fluffy I can't stop looking at his angel fur. :love: I love animals. Feel free to spam cat photos on your updates with lots of Trix. :blush:

@AudreyFld Oof! You've no idea how happy I am to hear that you like B2W. :blush: Lol I know what you mean. Pronunciation-wise B2W and B2B are both different, but my brain always reads B2B too! Yes, there is 'a-plan-for-an-ending'! I intend to finish the story but its not possible for me to write this month. Thank you! Lots of hugs for you too and good luck on your move! :)

• AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    edited June 2021
    @mercuryfoam - By all means take a breather until you’re in a better place and never feel bad about it! We’ll definitely be here for you.
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @mercuryfoam I came back over here to catch up since I'm eons behind and realized that your site is down. :/ I hope you're doing okay. I just discovered you on Patreon actually. I've recently been CC and mod hunting and found a link to your things via a video on YouTube.

I see you're taking a break. I can understand. I've been sidetracked in other games and projects myself. I can understand anxiety growing unbearable because I have had those moments many times myself too in the last two years. I wish you well, and hope you get some much needed rest. Take care of your mental health. Hugs! <3
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    What timing. Such a lovely message and reminder from you.

Thanks for checking in @AdamsEve1231. I didn't realise it then, but years worth of.. challenges (let's call it that) had culminated to that critical moment, but just like this message, I'm blessed to have intervention at the most optimum time and was lucky to have meet so many kind people as well as friends who stood by me. I'm not good at expressing myself and tend to wear a smile in any circumstance until I can't, so I really appreciate your kind and timely message.

Sorry about that. B2W is very much alive in my head and I do plan to continue, except with my current focus and newfound passion, I am considering continuing in the form of machinimas. My current projects, despite my attempt to use different sims, or looking like they have no relation whatsoever, are heavily influenced by B2W one way or another. :sweat_smile:

Thank you. I relax by reading stories. Looking forward to your next BKK chapter. Though if you want to continue Stardew remix I'd like that too. I was really excited for that one since I never played the game.

Merry Christmas! Have a merry new year! :smiley: