Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Baby Pack Idea

TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
edited June 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I was thinking about how much babies are neglected gameplay wise and I understand that it’s not that simple to just change the coding and such so what if we could free the babies without actually freeing them.

For example strollers could be replaced by baby carriers that the would be equipped once you clicked on the bassinet and select take baby for a walk. They could use those same carriers for Mommy and Me Yoga with babies and toddlers.

Baby swings. You click on the bassinet and select put in swing. If you have more than one swing then a menu pops with a little map of your lot with dots that indicate where baby items are. You select the one you want and the sim takes the baby and puts it in the swing.
Basically your just moving the baby from one spot to another.
Clothes would be awesome. Again using the bassinet you can select a baby outfit from a scroll down menu then the Adult sim does the Efficient Baby Care toss and the baby is now dressed in a new outfit.
To me this would be a cool way to free the babies without actually freeing them.
Anyone else think that this would cool?
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    I would LOVE it. I think your idea is brilliant, in fact. Let's hope EA has something in mind that will go a long way toward making the babies Sims instead of Objects.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited June 2021
    @GalacticGal
    That’s my thought exactly!
    It could be primarily about pregnancy, birth, and child care. But also if we’re a generations type game play added. It would a wonderful expansion pack with a world that revolves around a suburban neighborhood with parks, toddlers friendly restaurants and maybe a carousel and a daycare career where you can take care of others kids as job.
    Baby showers and Gender Reveal Parties.
    OBGY office where you can go and have prenatal care and ultrasounds. You can choose to know the sex of the baby or if you want to know if it’s multiples.
    Pediatrician office where you go for well baby checks and take your kids to get their vaccines.
    Proms you can actually attend. After School activities you can actually attend.
    Spring riders and treehouses as well.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Things like providing baby hair variations, more skin variations, clothing options and crib variations should be easy enough for them to do.

I don't know what the developers problem is with babies. Sims can carry objects and pets and toddlers and put them in specific places, so why not babies?

I don't understand what the difficulty is to enable them to be placed in other baby-specific items. A baby bath, a swing, on a play mat, in a bouncer chair, in a pram. And why can't they give them a blanket for their crib?

The whole baby scenario has always felt like a case of just about acceptable so it'll do. Nobody has complained too much about it, so they got away with that one.
    @elanorbreton
    I love the hair idea. Like fine baby wisps, bows & baby headbands.
    They could even make two types of carriers one that equips on the front for Babies and one for Toddlers that equipped on the back. It would be so awesome to be able to equip the baby carrier and then leash your pet and go for a walk.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited June 2021
    If the baby is no longer a bassinet it is no longer a object and would need to be carried to each of the locations you mentioned like the stroller and baby swing at that point it would be a Sim all the work would needed done to create this life stage and I say why stop there.

As elanorbreton said if Sims can carry objects pets and toddlers they can do the same for a baby. I'd love it if they would do more with the baby than leave it a newborn till it ages up let it develop babies learn to crawl before becoming toddlers they don't have to be lifeless objects placed object to object the entire life stage.
    Post edited by ChadSims2 on
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    yes please
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    edited June 2021
    @ChadSims2

I was actually thinking of replacing the stroller with a baby carrier that a teen or older would equip when leaving with the baby. The there won’t be a routing problem like there was in the Sims 3 caused by the terrain.

They could also make them work like the pets do and they can add in coding that keeps them in the house unless you take them outside and even then the game shouldn’t let you stray to far from your baby if you set it on the ground. They could also have play mats where the baby plays with rattles and small stuffed toys and teething rings. Babies are a lot like pets in the aspect that they can’t express what they need in words. So it would be up to use to check their needs like the way you check a toddler except the baby can’t talk so as your parenting skills go up so does the amount of time before an something like a diaper change, feeding time, or attention needs will be low enough to cause your baby to cry so you can prepare for it. Like Baby “A” will be getting hungry soon.
  • BossBabe919BossBabe919 Posts: 1 New Member
    A lot of this was in Sims 3 if I remember right, like the swing and the strollers (It's been a while since I've played TS3). The main thing I would love to have back is cribs. The bassinets are fine, but I would love to be able to actually create a nursery with a crib and all the other baby stuff.
  • dillsimmerdillsimmer Posts: 3 New Member
    OMG!!! These are such good ideas. Sims really should add these.
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    That's a cute idea actually. Like someone else mentioned, part of me would love to have some of the TS3 baby items back as well- the stroller, play mat, swing and of course the crib.
    they/them or she/her