Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Does this mean the sims will sit at the picnic table all the time? Because the main reason for wanting a picnic basket is wanting the sims to sit on the ground, and also to have a picnic anywhere, regardless of the presence of a picnic table (like the Brindleton Bay beaches).
    Could you ask for clarification, please?

I agree I was hoping we would get picnic blankets and stuff but I don't think that's the case this time
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I remember when Sims 3 Generations had Picnic baskets & Sims 3 Pets having exotic pets. I hope the bunnies, birds & foxes can be pets?
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I remember when Sims 3 Generations had Picnic baskets & Sims 3 Pets having exotic pets. I hope the bunnies, birds & foxes can be pets?

Foxes are already pets in the sims 4 cats and dogs.They are under the breed dog.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Does this mean the sims will sit at the picnic table all the time? Because the main reason for wanting a picnic basket is wanting the sims to sit on the ground, and also to have a picnic anywhere, regardless of the presence of a picnic table (like the Brindleton Bay beaches).

Someone on Twitter already has.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I'm glad to have canning at all.
  • SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
    edited June 2021

Foxes are already pets in the sims 4 cats and dogs.They are under the breed dog.

True, but the Cats & Dogs "foxes" behave entirely as dogs. The Cottage Living foxes will likely have a handful of new sounds, animations, interactions, and/or integrations. To that end, having a Cottage Living fox as a pet would likely be a more unique experience than a "fox" dog. But the foxes were described as "wild" in the game description, so the point is probably moot. We'll likely have to stick with "fox" dogs if we want a pet fox.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member

Someone on Twitter already has.

It looks like he didn't answer if it's on the ground, he said any table in any world.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    edited June 2021

True, but the Cats & Dogs "foxes" behave entirely as dogs. The Cottage Living foxes will likely have a handful of new sounds, animations, interactions, and/or integrations. To that end, having a Cottage Living fox as a pet would likely be a more unique experience than a "fox" dog. But the foxes were described as "wild" in the game description, so the point is probably moot. We'll likely have to stick with "fox" dogs if we want a pet fox.

I don't know how to add tweets to the post but simgururomeo says that the foxes in cottage living are different and you can't have them as pets.

Bunnies I think will live with you if you buy a bunny house or maybe just visit more, I'm not really sure what he meant by the tweet where he talked about them.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I would love to know how rabbits work. Like, can you adopt them after befriending them or do they just come by to help you around then leave? would also love to know how cows and chickens work as well. Like, do they roam around the lot freely or just stay near their barns. Would you please share if you find out?
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

If sims do indeed remain seated at picnics then I can see myself disabling DO as I only use restaurants for the "stay seated together and build relationships" thing.
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Oooh, I'm pleasantly surprised about cooking-within-a-group. I only manage to cook if I have my spouse with me and we can work together, so that'll be great.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • PlatinumblondePlatinumblonde Posts: 28 Member

Maybe we can bring a picnic table with us to eat where we want but to be honest I also rather have them sitting on the ground.
    It's more traditional and romantic.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    It'd be hard to enjoy family picnics now that sims eat their meals in like two bites.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Bookmarked :)
    logion wrote: »
    Thank you for this thread. It's pretty bad that we have to look at twitter replies if we want to find out more about this pack.

You're welcome.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member

Maybe we can bring a picnic table with us to eat where we want but to be honest I also rather have them sitting on the ground.

A portable picnic table would be a good compromise. I love everything else posted in this thread already, so I won't let the picnic thing rain on my parade.

A portable picnic table would be a good compromise. I love everything else posted in this thread already, so I won't let the picnic thing rain on my parade.

Modders will probably make one with a blanket that can be used on the ground.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2021

I'm hoping they've patched it so that pet foxes have the new sounds, animations, etc. and that wild foxes can be tamed and made pets. Wishful thinking, I know. *Just saw that wild foxes can't be pets. :/
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Thank you for this thread. It's pretty bad that we have to look at twitter replies if we want to find out more about this pack.

That's how the world is now, social media is everything, has nothing to do with the sims 4.

Fact is, their social media page along reaches more people than these forums could ever hope to.

Forums aren't common any more outside of bug reports and feedback.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png