Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle

I don't play the Sims 4 as much as I played the previous Sims 1 2 3. I am way behind in my game play. I have added new packs some at the same time so I can't get a feel for how each pack plays one at a time. I am to be honest feeling a bit overwhelmed with so many new things to take in (being in my senior years now LOL). There are all sorts of things I don't understand with the Eco Lifestyle. I have no idea if these are glitches, game problems or just my lack of knowledge in playing this pack.

My problem is I am currently playing the installed Sims in San Myshuno. I like to play all the installed households in all the neighbourhoods to get a feel for how the game plays. After my newly installed games, including eco lifestyle, everything was going fine while playing the Feng household in San Myshuno, although I noticed they were not able to vote in the weekly NAP or make a repeal.

Because I am unfamiliar with how eco lifestyle plays I thought nothing of it, until the Feng couple went to the Flea Market in the Spice District and every Sim in that district was wearing brown paper bags over their head. I have never had any Sims vote for this particular Eco Lifestyle or really played any of the Sims in that particular area, so I was quite cross. I did a bit of looking online to how I could sort this out without having to resort to putting in mod or using a cheat to stop it.

So I switched households to play Rasoya family and waited until Friday came to vote. Again all the 4 eco slots where filled the last one being the brown paper bag. It said I needed 5 votes to repeal it. I used the mail box to vote but only one vote was allowed in the Rasoya household. I then went to my second and third families living the the Spice Market area but there was no option to repeal for any of them or vote for any option either although they could overturn the one repeal vote for the brown paper bag!

How can I repeal the brown paper bag if it will only let one Sim in that whole area vote? I currently have three installed households in the Spice Market area. Not sure I want to continue playing, wasting my efforts if I can't repeal this particular lifestyle.

I then went back to the Feng household but because they are in a different area they have different choices in the 4 slots.

Is this a known problem for worlds outside of Evergreen Harbor? I haven't played any other neighbourhoods/worlds yet with this game pack installed.

I really like the idea of this pack and haven't fully explored it yet. I have seen the electric cut off etc and NPC arriving at the house and hasn't caused me too much concern and adding a different dimension to the game. But not being able to control what goes on in my game is no fun when lifestyles are being chosen by the game and not by me via the Sims I am playing.

I can imagine the brown paper bag might be fun on occasions but it gets boring very quickly and I dislike not being able to see the Sim faces. One or two Sims having brown paper bags on their head is acceptable but when visiting an area to find every visiting Sim has a bag on their head, even the vendors is not.

p.s. I left the default buttons ticked in the game play for this pack as I didn't realise there were option until the paper bags on heads appeared. I don't really understand what ticking the box and un-ticking the box actually means in terms of impacting game play. I don't want to disable things in the game unless it is really necessary. Again, I don't like to use mods unless it is absolutely necessary but I will if this paper bag nonsense becomes too much.

Comments

• Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I think you can get votes for repeal from any sims, not only from those who live in the neighborhood (you have to ask them), but honestly, the easiest way is to enable testingcheats true, then while playing a family who lives in the neighborhood, shift+click on their mailbox and choose “instant repeal”.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I also used instant repeal to fix my neighbourhoods. On top of that you might want to turn off NPC voting in the settings. This will make it so that only your sims can vote and you get to decide all NAPs. I like NAPs, but with the NPC voting enabled there's too much chaos for my taste.
  • Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    I think you can get votes for repeal from any sims, not only from those who live in the neighborhood

You have to start a repeal process at your mailbox. It takes 5 signatures to repeal it. Unfortunately it only works for the Sims living in the neighborhood and you have to know them a little bit for them to be positive. I found that chatting with them and then ask for a signature is the easiest way. Your friends will sign right away.

• Options
    PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    Thank you for your comments.

I started over and unchecked the NPC voting but left the other option on . I am still unsure how the voting works. I went around all my playable sims in the same area and had them vote as much as they could but noticed the one with the highest vote didn't get chosen. It all seems a lot of work for something I seem unable to control. It doesn't make the game fun for me anyway. I may eventually disable it.

It is such a shame as it would have been a nice touch to the game.

I think what happened last time I played, I either forgot to vote for the last slot or I left that neighbourhood before all the slots where chosen to play another neighbourhood. With both game options checked in my gameplay the unfilled slots where probably chosen by the game. It certainly is chaos.

There are two options I would not want in my game, the brown paper bags and the one where people can help themselves. Would have been nice if we could disable the options we don't want to have in own game. Personally I don't want Sims with brown paper bags on their heads or Sims helping themselves to items. I know things do go missing due to the kleptomaniac trait but I feel this is a step too far, although not encountered it in my game yet to comment fully on how it works.

I am playing further to see how this impacts my game and what work around I will use if I find things are not satisfactory.

Happy Simming