Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread 🐓

Comments

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    They pretty much took what I needed for half my families and stuck it into one pack. More things for the kids to do, CAS and BB that I love - I've needed that thatch for so long! - a lot to fill out my off the grid play and provide a challenge, all set in the type of places I grew up in. Yes please!
    I like how they tied the animals to building so they probably won't take up a household slot. It probably means you can place those in apartments with MOO..... I also noticed what is probably a decorative hot water kettle but hey at least its a kettle. And all the food recipes I consider comfort food - yorkshire pudding and bangers and mash, yum.
    I would really like some fantasy plants that grow meat though please. Or allow us to use the meat thing from Eco Lifestyle to substitute in the recipes.
    I'm totally hyped for what looks like a terrain update to build ponds and that our sims may even be able to swim in them is fantastic.

The 'gasp factor' for me was the moment I realized the child sim was cooking lol, I hope that is a base game update. I'm so glad the team have taken on board the requests for more child activities. Now please Sims Team, make children riding bikes happen!

I wonder if the sim showing off a carrot was a Plant Sim and if so, hint at plant sim update?

One thing I'm not hoping they thought of but will be delighted if they did.. cottage themed versions of the Eco Living wind turbines? We saw the water wheel, please please let is be electric generating. And rain barrel looking dew collectors.

Also, I really appreciated how the trailer was done. No annoying YA sim telling their completely irrelevant life story. Simply showing what was in the pack was delightful. I did appreciate the sims attempts to break out into cliche singing only to get thoroughly shut down by the real stars, the animals :) Good Job all round Sims Team.

Now get that gardening bug fixed before you release this pack.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »
    I see a bottle of jam in the table.. wonder if we could make home made jam or if this is clutter

HFd6SpE.jpg

The toddler helping with the gardening 😩🥺
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »
    I see a bottle of jam in the table.. wonder if we could make home made jam or if this is clutter

HFd6SpE.jpg

I think it might be home made jam as there is an eggplant on it which is a quite weird choice for jam. So I think we might have the option to make jam!

I think there is so much gameplay in this pack. Children can garden, you even see the toddler holding a shovel (it's probably just a make believe option, but nevertheless).

Gameplay we get:
    - picnic basket
    - Have animals: cows, lamas, chicken, rabbits (I hope you can breed them too)
    - the fair and a new gardening system that produces different quality outcomes (visible)
    - cooking/baking together as a family
    - children can garden
    - a lake to swim in (so this isn't really new, you can swim in Britechester, but it's still cool)
    - embroydery as a new hobby, you can probably make wool yourself with the lama fur
    - caocao making (I am not sure if you just feed a bean to the cow and that's it, but it's still very cool)
    - new baking/cooking system coming with a lot trait (that's how I understood it), you can only bake/cook certain things when you have the ingredients. I love this, all my Sims will get this lot trait.

I love this. I can use all of it. I also love the world and the cottage core vibe.
    I wonder if there are any low tech object additions for off the grid play like typewriters or something. I hope so.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I didn't see canning, jam making or preserve making.

So, we didn't see anything that looked like a canning station object in the trailer, but we did see what looked like a jar of preserves on the kitchen island, when the kid was helping to cook. I would actually be in favor of preserves being just a new recipe on the stoves, instead of being tied to a new object, considering how huge TS4 makes everything; I really don't need another giant cupcake machine type of object. And besides, it would be more realistic, most of us just make preserves/jams/canned goods right on our regular stoves in real life.
    Wonder what child skill(s) gardening would build?

I would hope gardening would add to responsibility, if you have Parenthood, like other chores do.

I agree that making jams and the like would be nice on the stove. No need for more massive machines hehe
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    original.jpg

Look at those huge pumpkins, aubergines and mushrooms. I hope it‘s like in Stardew Valley where there is a chance of getting mega crops when you plant them in 3x3 grids.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    edited June 2021
    Now that I have vented my frustration over the time limited bonus items and lack of fairies, I have to say that they managed to get me interested in a pack that is not completely my cup of tea.

I like
    - the world with its old town. Seems like a good place for a historical save
    - the embroidery
    - new recipes. I hope children can really help with cooking or baking
    - the variety in animals. I was surprised to see Llama's because sheep fit in better with the world. But Llama's are so 'sims' lol
    - the pond tool, though I hope that will be a base game update
    - the cottage style build stuff looks very cute. I can see my spellcaster live in such a cottage
    - some cas assets look great too.

I think I already can say I'm interested. I wonder if we will get a new aspiration or new traits?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

So, we didn't see anything that looked like a canning station object in the trailer, but we did see what looked like a jar of preserves on the kitchen island, when the kid was helping to cook. I would actually be in favor of preserves being just a new recipe on the stoves, instead of being tied to a new object, considering how huge TS4 makes everything; I really don't need another giant cupcake machine type of object. And besides, it would be more realistic, most of us just make preserves/jams/canned goods right on our regular stoves in real life.

I would hope gardening would add to responsibility, if you have Parenthood, like other chores do.

Irl people don't really have a separate stove just for making jam and perserves xD So hopefully sims can do it on he regular stoves.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Irl people don't really have a separate stove just for making jam and perserves xD So hopefully sims can do it on he regular stoves.

omg yes, it would be AWFUL if this was another huge machine...
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    I love reading mysteries set in the English countryside, so I love the look of this pack!
  • quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    I’m in love with this pack

Cow and chickens, finally, I was expecting them 😍😍
    The world seems quite nice and let’s hope it is big enough.

But let me be honest, need to point a bad thing that call my attention, that song playing during the trailer, awful.

Ah, about the pack? One absolute love ❤️.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Now that I have vented my frustration over the time limited bonus items and lack of fairies, I have to say that they managed to get me interested in a pack that is not completely my cup of tea.

I like
    - the world with its old town. Seems like a good place for a historical save
    - the embroidery
    - new recipes. I hope children can really help with cooking or baking
    - the variety in animals. I was surprised to see Llama's because sheep fit in better with the world. But Llama's are so 'sims' lol
    - the pond tool, though I hope that will be a base game update
    - the cottage style build stuff looks very cute. I can see my spellcaster live in such a cottage
    - some cas assets look great too.

I think I already can say I'm interested. I wonder if we will get a new aspiration or new traits?

We are getting the "Animal Enthusiast" trait according to a blog!
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    I was already excited then I watched a reaction and I swear I didn't notice that kid cooking I so need this pack I like farming but I wasn't interested until it was released don't really want to hear ongoing requests or comments about how since it's not here it's not coming. Now that it's coming I'm so ready, instant pre-order. I took some vacation time and was looking forward to that but now I can look forward to this since it comes after July is going to zoom by for me now I feel. Also I want that professor llama yesterday lol.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    @alan650111 Do you have a link to the blog?
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Yes, that's what I said.
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 370 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm hoping someday before I'm too old to enjoy it I can leave the US and retire to a cottage in ... well, Ireland would be my first choice, but anywhere in the UK would be okay, too.

Given how much I play TS4 for pure wish fulfillment, especially during the quarantine year, this might be just what I need.

EDIT: I expect I'll use this pack to also give a renovation to Glimmerbrook, make it more hobbity, and maybe to some of the more rural Windenberg lots.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2021
    When I watched the trailer which is awesome by the way, it made me think of the movie, Peter Rabbit. I am so dressing my bunny up. :)
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    I can't wait for this pack. There is so much to it, I think I've overlooked quite a bit. I think I'm a bit overwhelmed by everything. I love the whole vibe of this pack. I can't wait to start building and creating for my save files. I'm so excited.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    For the first time in a while, I’m excited for a pack!
    Llamas, cows, bunnies, chickens, butterflies?! So many animals. It’s wild!
    The world looks gorgeous. I’m also excited for cross stitching, gardening competitions, and MS CRUMPLEBOTTOM!!!!
    I haven’t been this excited in a while.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    So how many times have you watched the trailer? :p

Five times so far.

Once for to see it.
    Twice for to see it again.
    Thrice for to see if I really saw a Rainbow-Colored Cow!
    Four times for to see if I really saw that cow again.
    Five times for to grin at the Attack Chicken.

(I looked up the "once, twice, thrice" to see if it continued, but it doesn't.) :D
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited June 2021
    troshalom wrote: »
    Interesting with the competing trailers this week. What do y'all think about this mod and Cottage Living?
    https://youtu.be/BNx_-tVKcDs

Cottage Living looks quaint
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7rSNOU_T7mg

From both trailers looks like both the mod & pack would give some realistic farming game play. Plus Folks can always convert Strangerville into a ranching farming town
    this ⬆️
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

When I saw the stove in the Country Kitchen Kit, I immediately thought of the jam-making stove that was in the Sims 3 Store, so you might be right that it's a new interaction on the current stoves (the way they added baking in GTW and herbalism in OR). Now if they'd just add in the cupcake machine recipes to the current stoves so I can get rid of another mod...
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Druki wrote: »
    Druki wrote: »
    This all looks very British, I love it!

I'm not a country girl myself but my ancestors were proper British farmers for a century or so, might have a go at recreating the family farm!

I have a very dear friend who moved to the US from the UK decades ago (he's in his 80s now); though he was a city boy (Brighton) I'm thinking of making him a country gentleman. :)

I love Brighton! Such a lovely seaside town.

The village I live in is more of a suburban village rather than country village but I've been to enough country villages to know they've gotten this pretty spot on.

It's very nostalgic for me, reminds me of a school trip I went on to the Lake District or on various day trips with my family

He tells some great stories about his childhood, especially his house was impacted by a bomb dropped by the Germans in WWII but he and his mum were hiding in the cupboard under the stairs (which I thought was just something in Harry Potter!). He's not a video game player but he might enjoy this pack...
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top