Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread 🐓

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,560 Member
    Druki wrote: »
    This all looks very British, I love it!

I'm not a country girl myself but my ancestors were proper British farmers for a century or so, might have a go at recreating the family farm!

My 7th great-grandfather was born in London, England, but took ship to come to the "New World" for headrights. He arrived in 1740. Took up residence in the Old Dominion (AkA the Colony of Virginia) and lived there until 1773, when he took one of his two daughters, and his youngest two sons 300 miles Southwest to the Settlements. His eldest son and family also made this trek. This Settlement became East Tennessee after a long hard struggle.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    The Simple Living Lot Challenge makes cooking cheaper, but it also means recipes depend entirely on what you’ve got in your inventory.

I'm so looking forward to this feature.

Yes, I like that and getting to finally order some groceries on other lots.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    The Simple Living Lot Challenge makes cooking cheaper, but it also means recipes depend entirely on what you’ve got in your inventory.

THANK YOU. Now I need an extra lot trait slot....though.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Darn it y'all! I went to the ranch to feed the horses and came back to pages and pages of happiness I'll have to scroll through. :D

SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!!!11111elventy I think THIS is the pack I've been waiting for all of my Sim 4 life. I love the farm animals, and even though there isn't a horse, I KNOW one is coming sometime. Maybe in a GP or a kit or something. I see some cows and llamas, so they've gotten some large animal meshing practice in. Can only get better from there.

What a beautiful world.

Love the llamas! It's about time the series has gotten actual llamas. And they can be clipped. Hahaha. The look on this one's face is priceless. Pretty sure my horse has looked like that when I start the clippers up.

7k4B1GPm.png

It's gonna be hard to wait until late July, but I'm sure there will be plenty of deep dives and teasers and livestreams to give everyone a chance to fall in love. Not me though. I'm already saying "TAKE MY MONEY!"
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »

Maybe if instead of befriending them we make them enemies they might destroy our veggie gardens? We can hope.

If it's anything like my garden in real life, I befriend them and they still eat my veggies! :D
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm really excited! I didn't even know I needed this pack until today!! :)
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I'm not a country girl myself but my ancestors were proper British farmers for a century or so, might have a go at recreating the family farm!

I have a very dear friend who moved to the US from the UK decades ago (he's in his 80s now); though he was a city boy (Brighton) I'm thinking of making him a country gentleman. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited June 2021
    kemowery wrote: »
    I'm also hoping, though I know other people will not want it, that we can get wild rabbits roaming in other worlds. They're an invasive species, after all, but mostly I want sims from non-HOB worlds to be able to play with rabbits.

My best guess is that they will only run free in this world, but that we can use that stump object to place them on lots in other worlds.

Edited to add: presumably that would also include parks and other community lots, so that should suffice. I'm already imagining putting them all over Granite Falls, for starters.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    It’s so nice to see the excitement!! People have been asking for this for so long it’s amazing to see. Swimmable pond tool sounds kind of amazing 😻
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member

Same! I use a mod in 3 to get rid of fridge shopping and force sims to have the required ingredents for a dish before they can make it. This challenge is right up my alley!
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Positive remarks: Pond tool? Finally!!!
    Kids can cook? Finally! Please
    Kids can embroider? Yay.
    Chicken Farm? Yay.
    Milk Cows..finally! Yay.
    Mrs. Crumplebottom and her purse, YAY
    Festival/Fair/Judging veggies...Nice. I wonder if that is like in CL's festival appearances.
    Pumpkin Patch..YAY.
    Nice representation of cottages..nice.
    Hope world is not just for visiting, and has lots of spaces for cottages for many Sims.
    I won't mention a little too cute for my deviant tastes, but hey, it looks like a better EP than I have seen in a long time.
    Deviant play? I hope the rabbits eat the veggie patches like TS3's zombies. :D

Maybe if instead of befriending them we make them enemies they might destroy our veggie gardens? We can hope.

I want to know how we get that chicken to attack? lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    There's grocery stores too?! Oh lord....it's all I wanted.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    kemowery wrote: »
    I'm also hoping, though I know other people will not want it, that we can get wild rabbits roaming in other worlds. They're an invasive species, after all, but mostly I want sims from non-HOB worlds to be able to play with rabbits.

My best guess is that they will only run free in this world, but that we can use that stump object to place them on lots in other worlds.
    I'll take that. If I don't have rabbits roaming all over Willow Creek or Windenberg, but I can put a rabbit-spawning object into a park, that'll work well enough (and give my sims a reason to go to parks).
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I love the theme for this pack. It look like kids can cook now (and hopefully garden too,EA?), so I’m really excited with more activities for younger sims.

There's this line from the blog:
    Get the kids out there with you and teach them how to care for those huge plants, too.

which makes it sounds like kids can do at least some gardening -- at least watering and weeding, maybe even harvest the bush-type plants. Wonder what child skill(s) gardening would build?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Oh wow, this thread is growing too fast for me to keep up!

I just wanted to add that I can't wait to grow pumpkins for Halloween!

Oooh! Exciting!

Oh and if you have the pack with the pumpkin carving station it now will blend in better!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited June 2021
    After looking at the extra information. I am so excited for the new meals, proper UK meals, beef wellington and yorkshire puddings in one of the renders on EA one dish looks like toad in the hole. I never thought they would add UK meals. Also in one of the descriptions it mentions a general store we can purchase food from. Thanks to everyone pointing out the possible pond tool I didn't even notice it also there were ducks on the pond. There seems so much to take in and I haven't even mentioned the cas and bb items and kids/toddler gameplay. This is the most excited I've ever been for a pack I think it's the UK village vibe as I live in a UK village. I'm so happy. It has a whole Beatrix Potter vibe to it which I grew up reading and this year I am going away to the Lake District where she lived and was inspired for her books.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited June 2021
    Looks like I may have to move some of my Sim couples to the new world and start a new life. Maybe my Eco Lifestyle couple Elwood and Penelope and their toddler twins, demon girls, will move away from Evergreen Harbor and start farming and hoarding animals. I think they'd be perfect to start a new life. Maybe Elwood will be less grumpy when he can farm his precious bugs in the coutryside and leave his stressful job. :)
    I hope there will be a live stream. It's gonna be a long wait until release.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited June 2021
    I am for once super excited for a pack again! :blush: I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far. I like that we get llamas! All the animals are very cute. It's quite cool imo that we're getting so many critters. I can't wait to have a bunch of pet chickens for my sims. The rabbits are adorable and a surprising but very welcome addition. It seems like we might be able to paint on our animals in CAS like with cats and dogs - if that's the case, it will be super fun to play around with. The blog post mentions that we need objects to change the colour of our llamas' wool and our chickens' appearance etc., so this may not be the case and there are simply a bunch of presets. This is fine as well :) It's cute that we can dress up our animals.
    It seems like the llamas and cows will be tied to objects - buildings with the black arches, but they might be able to free roam nearby. The chickens were taken to the fair, were inside the house etc. - it seems like they might act a bit more like cats and dogs, but the chicks seem like objects. If the chickens are tied to the coop, that's fine with me, but I think that this might not 100% be the case for all chickens. The rabbits seem completely free-roaming like cats and dogs. The foxes seem like the fox preset from Cats and Dogs, but with some special behaviours.

I like that we get new crops, but it seems like we're not getting as many as I would have liked. No corn or wheat is a big bummer, since it could tie in perfectly with baking. It seems from the blog post that pies will be added, so at least there's some baking with fresh berries and fruit, most likely. I am super stoked about the Simple Living lot trait!! I've been begging for a way to only be able to cook meals if you have all the ingredients for literal years, so I'm very pleased! :blush:
    I love that embroidery is being added. That's super cute and I think it will complement knitting quite nicely.

It seems like we might also be getting a pond terrain tool - if that's the case, that will be lovely!

My main reservation at the moment is that we haven't seen much regarding the products that the animals give. I saw a jug of milk on the table and that eggs were used in baking, but that's about it for now. Different flavours of milk can be obtained by feeding your cow special berries, from the blog post. I'm assuming that we'll hear more about the products later on. I really hope there are many, many things to make with the products, since that is a big part of farming and homesteading that appeals to me. I didn't spot anything like a butter churner, so I'm unsure. I hope that the llama's wool can be used for embroidery and knitting.
    I didn't see any other hobbies besides these. If that's all we get, I'd be disappointed since this pack has a lot of potential for a lot of hobbies. I didn't see canning, jam making or preserve making. If those are left out, much of my excitement for the pack will be crushed. The things we have seen so far look very nice, but these hobbies are the type of gameplay that can be used across a very wide variety of saves - I can't have a cow in my apartment, but I can definitely make some nice preserves from my balcony produce.
    I also didn't see anything hinting at soap-making. Soap-making would be perfect for this pack to utilize flowers, herbs and milk (honey too, if Seasons is installed).
    Edit
    PRESERVES!!! :heart:

I'm overall excited, as I said, but a bit cautious until we hear more. I'm hoping to have my socks blown off hehe
    Will we be able to get wool from the llamas? Or milk? OK, I'm excited for all of you and me. lol It looks like a really good EP to dive into and play out a farming family. Love the idea kids can help garden and cook. Love the garden stalls? where we can buy ingredients if we don't have them? And the lot trait? challenge lot of things need to be in inventory or we can't cook certain things. That's interesting like it was in TS3. I'm probably going to try this EP, a lot to look forward to this summer with this pack. Thanks Maxis for sparking my interest again.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Even though there are no horses, that is forgiven. That is forgiven due to the fact that this pack is the largest pack in the entire game or so it looks like. It is a masterpeice of EA. I'm so happy and miserable that the pack is going to be released so distantly into the future, one month and 12 days. My dear God..... And Crumplebottom had a purse!! What if purses are being added as like an accessory or item? It may just be a Crumplebottom-specific thing but still.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Tbh I’m not as excited for farmings as I thought I would be, but I am really looking forward to the pond tool. 😌 There is a pond tool, right?😐
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

I'm super impressed by the abundance of beasts this pack has to offer. It looks fan-diddly-astic. <3

Plus:
    • Our sims can have a fight with Charles the Evil chicken. Beautiful.
    • Purse whipping. Beautiful.
    • Pond Tool? Beautiful.
    • All the rest. Beautiful.
    Then I had this thought: The scarves and jumpers those Llamas are wearing....are they made from their own wool? Are they actually wearing their own produce? That's....strange and hilarious at the same time isn't it? It's like wearing a hat made from your own hair.

Also, I didn't see hay woohoo. I hope it'll be available, but maybe that will come with the Horse Whisperer pack we're obviously getting next year.

First impressions: This pack looks great and I'll be per-ordering because I'm a sucker for Foxes (and Wolves....soon folks...I can feel it in my paws).

It's also wonderful to see so many happy simmers out there who've been wishing for a pack like this.
    Good stuff. Good stuff. <3
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    I see a bottle of jam in the table.. wonder if we could make home made jam or if this is clutter

HFd6SpE.jpg
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
    I didn't see canning, jam making or preserve making.

So, we didn't see anything that looked like a canning station object in the trailer, but we did see what looked like a jar of preserves on the kitchen island, when the kid was helping to cook. I would actually be in favor of preserves being just a new recipe on the stoves, instead of being tied to a new object, considering how huge TS4 makes everything; I really don't need another giant cupcake machine type of object. And besides, it would be more realistic, most of us just make preserves/jams/canned goods right on our regular stoves in real life.
    Wonder what child skill(s) gardening would build?

I would hope gardening would add to responsibility, if you have Parenthood, like other chores do.
  • DrukiDruki Posts: 163 Member

I have a very dear friend who moved to the US from the UK decades ago (he's in his 80s now); though he was a city boy (Brighton) I'm thinking of making him a country gentleman. :)

I love Brighton! Such a lovely seaside town.

The village I live in is more of a suburban village rather than country village but I've been to enough country villages to know they've gotten this pretty spot on.

It's very nostalgic for me, reminds me of a school trip I went on to the Lake District or on various day trips with my family

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top