Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 Cottage Living Negativity thread.

Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
edited February 14 in Nominated Threads
The thread to post any complaints, concerns, and griviences.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    My only currently concern is that it’ll be locked to the new world.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I'm worried there will be a Farmstead lot type, like the Haunted House lot type. And the animals, or at least the bigger ones, are tied to them. So you can have farms in all words, but you won't be able to keep cows in an apartment. Which would be lame because I want my eccentric rich sims to have a penthouse farmhouse.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I'm worried there will be a Farmstead lot type, like the Haunted House lot type. And the animals, or at least the bigger ones, are tied to them. So you can have farms in all words, but you won't be able to keep cows in an apartment. Which would be lame because I want my eccentric rich sims to have a penthouse farmhouse.

I'm not sure how will animals work.Im still excited for the pack, but that is a big point.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    edited June 2021
    I loved almost everything I saw, the only pet peeve I have is that new town looks too similar to the ones we have. All the greenery is basegame it seems. I miss uniqueness of Sulani and Strangerville. And even Windenburg which is European too uses new assets.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

I think the cow and the llama are tied to the barns that look like rabbit holes. If you have space on the terrace you can fit the barn with the cow there.
  • Options
    alimafionalimafion Posts: 81 Member
    I mean there’s things I’m happy that they’ve added but at the same time I really thought we were finally getting horses back and I don’t want to hear about how horses will never work for the sims 4 because they can’t run around the neighbourhood. I managed to have horses in the sims 3, keep them on my lot and still have a ton to do with them.
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    No fairies from what I can tell :(
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    It would be awful if they don’t let us cook the rabbits, cows, and chickens!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Will Sims who live in apartments be able to utilize the features of this pack? I doubt it.
  • Options
    PoppyErstwhilePoppyErstwhile Posts: 29 Member
    To be fair, we still know relatively little about the pack, even after the trailer, so I don't want to judge prematurely but...

Based on what I've seen in a trailer, my first impression is that it's gonna be a pretty pack in a lovely world but with very little gameplay content.

There seem to be 4 new animals: cows, chickens, rabbits and llamas. Also foxes - hard to say if they are gonna be adoptable and trainable (which would be nice!). I am not a big fan of horses myself, but I think many people are waiting for them, so it's kind of a downer that they don't seem to be included.

Farmer stalls and competitions are nothing new under the sun, but they might be nice.

I really like the shown CAS and build items (the doors with fox head doorknob! I really like foxes :)).

The area where the bunny went to at the end of the trailer had a very "fairy" feel to it, but since no magic was shown, does it mean that fairies are definitely off the table?

And what was with that singing lady? Could she be a fairy or just a local eccentric?

(My first thought was that I would love if a singer career was finally added, but it probably won't be the case.)

I just don't know...aside from the animals and some (assumably) expanded gardening, I felt there was not much actual gameplay shown.

At the moment, I am mostly looking forward to the new world, the town square and cobblestone paths were really lovely....
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    I’m wondering when Carl will be outraged over all the recycled animations and objects.
  • Options
    DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    It's the reuse of animations, lack of in-depth gameplay and let's be real: fairies would have fit in very well with this pack but there isn't any sign of them. The Sims 3 gave us vampires (an occult state) in an expansion (Late night) and this Cottage Living pack, while pretty with the animals that could have been given in an animal expansion pack (Cats & Dogs) fails to show any.... BRAND NEW gameplay? We can already garden, sell good at a market stall, bake... okay we can now milk cows and get eggs from chickens but what else?
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    To be fair, we still know relatively little about the pack, even after the trailer, so I don't want to judge prematurely but...

Based on what I've seen in a trailer, my first impression is that it's gonna be a pretty pack in a lovely world but with very little gameplay content.

There seem to be 4 new animals: cows, chickens, rabbits and llamas. Also foxes - hard to say if they are gonna be adoptable and trainable (which would be nice!). I am not a big fan of horses myself, but I think many people are waiting for them, so it's kind of a downer that they don't seem to be included.

Farmer stalls and competitions are nothing new under the sun, but they might be nice.

I really like the shown CAS and build items (the doors with fox head doorknob! I really like foxes :)).

The area where the bunny went to at the end of the trailer had a very "fairy" feel to it, but since no magic was shown, does it mean that fairies are definitely off the table?

And what was with that singing lady? Could she be a fairy or just a local eccentric?

(My first thought was that I would love if a singer career was finally added, but it probably won't be the case.)

I just don't know...aside from the animals and some (assumably) expanded gardening, I felt there was not much actual gameplay shown.

At the moment, I am mostly looking forward to the new world, the town square and cobblestone paths were really lovely....

Just wanted to say that we already have foxes in cats & dogs. They can be trained like dogs.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I noticed that we didn't see any baby cows or llamas. I hope we can raise them from infancy, but it looks like we just might get them fully-grown.

Who wants to keep cows in an apartment? 🤦‍♀️
    I do.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I usually try to avoid negativity threads but this issue deserves to be mentioned here. Tcuhr8d.png
    This makes me more angry than the kit cash grabs. Urging people to buy before a certain date... . Disgusting. Too bad because the bike looks cute. :'(

While I agree everything should be included in the pack and they shouldn't put any time limit on it, it is still better than the pre-order bonus they used to give in the Sims 3 where you had to pre order the pack before it was available to get the items. This allows players until Sept 2nd to get it when the pack comes out July 22nd. That is well over a month. I still don't agree with it and I do hope it doesn't become standard operating procedure for future packs though.
  • Options
    wormofthebookwormofthebook Posts: 176 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I usually try to avoid negativity threads but this issue deserves to be mentioned here. Tcuhr8d.png
    This makes me more angry than the kit cash grabs. Urging people to buy before a certain date... . Disgusting. Too bad because the bike looks cute. :'(

It reminds me of the limited editions from the late Sims 2 and Sims 3 era. Hopefully there will be a sale before Sept. 2nd cause I’m too broke to pay the full price.
    ldauop39735.png
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    Disappointed about the bonus content but I'm glad it's at least not a pre-order thing, and just a "buy before this date" thing. But I still doubt we'll see a sale on it before that date anyway. But it at least gives me time to see how buggy this pack is and have some time for them to fix it. And if it's even worth full price for 3 extra items (even though I think that bike and tree are quite cute...)

It looks like the cows and llamas are tied to those barns, which is a little sad. Because I'm assuming this means they are items, and I don't know if that will be an annoying restriction. I also have reason to believe the rabbits are tied to those 2 different tree stumps you can see throughout the video, which is also a bit of a shame if true... Can they be adopted? Or do you just interact with them? I have lots of questions.

Confused about the foxes!! Are they included in this pack?? Because we already have them from C&D? Really need to see more info on that. I hate being sold the same thing twice.

And that goes for the needle point stuff as well. It's cute, but it's obviously a repackaged knitting set (as you can see the box next to the chair the child is sitting in).

At least it looks like we're actually getting a kitchen. I was afraid they had sectioned it off to the country kitchen kit and released it first so people wouldn't be as upset.

Also I think that little town center is a bunch of rabbit holes? Those lots look like you can't enter them... Not sure how to feel about that. Hoping they took the criticism from those empty buildings in SE and actually made them operable in some way instead of just useless set pieces...
  • Options
    candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    They could have done farming better.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    For anyone wondering on the Cows and chickens they have a blog up about the cows having a shed and the chickens a coop, so it sounds like they will be tied to those objects, which hopefully makes them available in other worlds. I saw the blog post on the positivity thread if anyone is interested.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top