Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glitch...Years Long Gardening Glitch

Gardening is so broken. Plants keep resetting and reverting back to their newly planted state. This bug is over 2 years old!! This is absolutely ridiculous!! My friend plays on console and he also has the same bug and he only has base game. I cannot believe this bug is over 2 years old and still not fixed. Its also a very widespread bug and almost everyone has it across all platforms. There is no excuse for a bug to go on years....especially one as game breaking as this. It literally makes gardening completely unplayable without mods. Luckily Im on PC so I can download mods, but my friend on console had to completely abandon gardening due to this issue.

There are so many bug reports on this issue. One page had over 48 pages of people complaining about this bug. There is no reason for a bug this game breaking to still be a thing. Then again it doesn't really surprise me considering there are still game breaking bugs in GTW and Dine out which are years old.

The bugs are so horrendous in this game that my buddy ended up uninstalling the game off of his Xbox even though it was free with Gamepass.....thats how you know people are fed up. EA lost a customer before he even started.

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Indeed. Cancel eating in restaurants is in the same league.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I share your outrage at this situation. Two years is an unacceptable length of time for a significant bug like this to remain in the game. Many of my Sims are gardeners, so I encounter the consequences quite often. It's enormously frustrating! If a farming pack is on the horizon, then it will only magnify the problem.
  • Options
    inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    I was compelled to get in on this also. EA keeps giving us patches for things that are way down at the bottom of the list (at least for me), like 6 new hair colors (I mean really?). In the mean time as stated by the OP, the gardening bug is still with us. I have a long time game where my sim couple are "farmers," and they have a farmette with a lot of nice flowers, fruits, trees etc. They work hard on their farm but it is all for naught. The next morning when they get up all those nice plants, and flowers and trees are mounds of dirt. I then have to cheat to bring them back. Kind of takes some of the fun out of it you know what I mean? Thanks EA.
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    It's going to be difficult to bond with nature in the next pack if plants keep reverting back to dirt piles.
  • Options
    GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    Chiming in to say I agree. What's the point of all those pretty graphics when the code's such a wonky mess! Sometimes it really feels like the only bugs they ever tackle are the ones they can fix in a day, just so they can write something up in the next patch-notes. :(
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    Schantal wrote: »
    Gardening is so broken. Plants keep resetting and reverting back to their newly planted state. This bug is over 2 years old!! This is absolutely ridiculous!! My friend plays on console and he also has the same bug and he only has base game. I cannot believe this bug is over 2 years old and still not fixed. Its also a very widespread bug and almost everyone has it across all platforms. There is no excuse for a bug to go on years....especially one as game breaking as this. It literally makes gardening completely unplayable without mods. Luckily Im on PC so I can download mods, but my friend on console had to completely abandon gardening due to this issue.

I heartily agree with everything you've said. Now please, tell me where I can find these mods that fix the gardening bug! I will be forever grateful.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited June 2021
    Kironide wrote: »
    I share your outrage at this situation. Two years is an unacceptable length of time for a significant bug like this to remain in the game. Many of my Sims are gardeners, so I encounter the consequences quite often. It's enormously frustrating! If a farming pack is on the horizon, then it will only magnify the problem.

Yes love, its been frustrating. I got super into gardening recently and was devastated to see how broken it was.
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Schantal wrote: »

I heartily agree with everything you've said. Now please, tell me where I can find these mods that fix the gardening bug! I will be forever grateful.

Hey hun, yes, I will search for them tonight (the names) and let you know. Although, after playing with the mods (I haven't tried all of them though) it doesn't fix everything which is so frustrating. Give me a bit and I will test the other two mods I found tonight and let you know if they worked (and link them for you).
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    They really need to finally fix this NOW. :s
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    I just gave up trying to garden tbh. I get my Sims to harvest wild plants occasionally.
    The only plant I was able to grow successfully was a StrangerVille one but that reverted when the mission was completed. 🙄

I would prefer to able to buy a Cowplant though.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Those Cowplants are so hilarious. :D
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    I wonder if we're going to get any new plants on the new expansion pack. If so... it would be really bad if they can't fix the bug on the update before the pack.

I've noticed that the gardens work on some lots, but on some of them the plants revert to dirt piles before they even grow up and it's really difficult to grow anything.

For example my 100 baby challenge family lived on the Potters Splay lot for a long time and I didn't have any problems with the garden. The dragonfruits grew up normally both on outside during the fall and on other seasons in the greenhouse. When the family moved to Windenburg The Summer Home lot the plants reverted to dirt piles the next day and after that regularly. I haven't been able to get any harvest in there because they don't have time to grow. Luckily the family has over million Simoleons and the mom is also level 10 painter.
    It's just so frustrating. :/
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    If this is a new farming pack, then I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least a couple of new crops, but what do I know? I sincerely hope the bug is fixed soon.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I had a thought that if the date on the postcard for the upcoming EP (which is 2019) is a reference to when the pack was started, I'm wondering if something they've been working on for that new pack for the gardening portion of it, has been effecting the gardening in the game this whole time.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    ugh ikr?
    my alchemist has been sad for 2 years now...it sux.
    I had a thought that if the date on the postcard for the upcoming EP (which is 2019) is a reference to when the pack was started, I'm wondering if something they've been working on for that new pack for the gardening portion of it, has been effecting the gardening in the game this whole time.

that's an interesting idea...yet it still shouldnt happen.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I need Dine Out to be fixed... Taking Sims out to eat is such a chore I can't even remember the last time I did it and I've had the pack for years.
  • Options
    BitterBubblyBitterBubbly Posts: 70 Member
    I have the vanishing plants issue, too. You never can tell from one minute to the next if your plants will be there or not. It's really not OK.

For the longest time, my plants would just spontaneously revert to dirt piles. I've yet to find a specific trigger for it.

Within the past couple of days, though, something has gone wrong with the hydroponic planters that came with the the Eco pack. My sims use those in indoor greenhouses, and every single plant I'd been growing in those completely disappeared...like, they didn't revert to dirt piles, the plants actually got deleted by the game! So, I'm going to have to go through my entire town and have everyone re-plant their indoor gardens now and hope it doesn't happen again.

I figure the gardening but will either FINALLY get fixed for the new cottage pack...or gardening will be broken completely with the patch that comes out right before the new EP is released. Don't mean to be a negative nancy or whatever (because even though I was REALLY hoping for a new occult lifestate, I'm SUPER excited about this pack)...chances are, based on what I've seen so far, gardening will probably get completely broken with the new pre-pack patch, so...make sure you keep your high quality harvestables so you can re-do all of your gardens, just to be safe. :/

@Kimmer Interesting to know that gardening works in some worlds and not others. My families live in Windenburg, and it's pretty much the only world I play. Plants reverting to dirt piles is DEFINITELY a problem in that town, and that's where I encountered the problem with plants actually getting deleted from the hydroponic planters, too. REALLY wish they'd fix that.
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    The gardening bug is terrible. I really hope since the new EP has a lot to do with gardening they fix this bug.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited June 2021
    I had never experienced this bug until just this very moment. I’m playing a rags to riches style save where the founder is building up a farm. I’m making it more challenging on myself by structuring the days she does certain aspects of gardening. For example, she only upgrades plants once a week. And she doesn’t harvest them everyday. Well it just reached the day where she should have upgraded them and they all just reverted back to piles of dirt. Hundreds of Simoleons worth of produce just gone like that. Let’s just say I’m annoyed.

I hope this is fixed soon.
    Post edited by NationalPokedex on