Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If we have the Sims 5, should we have active school?

LeanneStrong57LeanneStrong57 Posts: 66 Member
edited March 2022 in Off Topic Chat
I would like to be able to control my sims while they are at school.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    How would it work? In my current family I have two children and one teen. Would you alternate grade school and high school?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No thank you. Active school isn't something I'm interested in.
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    It would be cool if classrooms were rabbit holes, but other activities/lunch they could be controlled.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited June 2021
    I.m personally not interested in active schools to follow my sims to. I feel like it would be pretty boring just watching your sim sit at a desk, but I would be interested in an active teaching career and following them while working.

But I don't want to be stuck with ONLY following them. I would like the option to have it be rabbit hole if I have other sims in the family that I need to take care of or active if I want to participate in teaching.
    Post edited by Chicklet453681 on
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Done the go to school thing once already, in RL Not keen on doing it again in Simlish. We already have it in a sense via university, and classes as such are rabbit holes.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I would like it in TS4 tbh. We can follow our (young) adults to university and work but we can‘t follow our kids and teens to school. Doesn‘t make sense to me.
  • GeeeedsyGeeeedsy Posts: 2 New Member
    Yeah tbh I'd like this too! I love going out the house with my sims, makes it feel more like real life gameplay!
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    It would be nice!

In TS3, you can make school become an active career for children and teenagers using Zerbu's careers mod. You don't have to have the kids sit down in class the whole day since Zerbu included lots of skill building activities for it.

So kids at school have the options to paint pictures, learn to dance, learn the various types of musical instruments, can use a computer for the various skills it can provide, learn all the science stuff, learn to cook, lots of sports and gym equipment and other things that I can't remember it all. And plus the lectures too if the kids want.

Here's an example of a school lot for the active school career:

Sanjana Tasnim Rahman's School (for children and teenagers)
    Screenshot-204.jpg

Elementary Classroom
    Screenshot-210.jpg
    Screenshot-211.jpg
    Screenshot-212.jpg
    Screenshot-241.jpg

Cooking Classroom
    Screenshot-216.jpg

Science Classroom
    Screenshot-214.jpg
    Screenshot-215.jpg

Chemistry Classroom
    Screenshot-226.jpg

Gym
    Screenshot-228.jpg

Library
    Screenshot-221.jpg

Canteen (Cafeteria)
    Screenshot-225.jpg

Teacher's Room & Principal's Office
    Screenshot-224.jpg
    Screenshot-233.jpg

....Plus a lot more! It will keep not only your active sim, but all school age kids and teenagers busy through out school hours AND build useful skills while at school. This would free up afterschool hours for the kids to do other things! I also love the fact that you can design the school any way you want.

So I definitely want something like this for The Sims 5.

• ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    I would like the rabbit hole buildings back. I liked the sense of knowing or seeing where my Sims were. Vanishing outside their house is really odd.

Maybe there could be a separate central world where the career buildings could go and we get some cafes, parks and bars to edit. I’d love to make a hang out for my teens near their school like most TV shows.

Perhaps have multi venues to save on space etc.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Im traumatized, i automatically read the title as active school shooters 😟 you can imagine what country i live in.

I do like the idea of active school but id also like days i can opt-out!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • LeanneStrong57LeanneStrong57 Posts: 66 Member
    Im traumatized, i automatically read the title as active school shooters 😟 you can imagine what country i live in.

I did not write that at all. I just asked if we should follow students around at school.
  • NilendraPereraNilendraPerera Posts: 1 New Member
    While I would appreciate more active careers, I believe School and Classrooms should be "active" rabbit holes. I would really encourage a place on the map for you to interact with physically a'la Sims 3 style rather than make the game more bulky.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2021
    I would like to be able to control my sims while they are at school.

No, I'm not a fan of following kids to school in TS4. I tried a very good mod that worked just like it should and I found it boring. It worked great and all the kids did whatever I had set for them to do (when TS4 was first released) it's a great mod, however, it was boring to follow kids to a school.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Yes we should I think that it could be a good way to focus on the teen stage and build up a Sim for life.

I do however want to be the one who is allowed to build the school and as I want to play offline I want to decide on who attends that school and how it is ran. I don't want anyone else sending their kids to me school and pulling pranks :smirk:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

I did not write that at all. I just asked if we should follow students around at school.

Yes I know, im making a comment about the violence where i live. I misread your comment, i know thats not what you posted.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.