Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Account banned and EA won't help

jineratorjinerator Posts: 377 Member
Does anyone know what I can do? One day, I received an email from EA's Terms of Service team saying I violated the user agreement so they banned my account. The first thing I did was contact the EA Help, so they say to dispute it with the TOS team. As soon as I submitted my claim, I received an email from the TOS stating they did a full investigation and the sanction will stay on my account. And they followed it by saying that I should not expect any further responses.

I tried to dispute it again, and received the same automated response. I then, got on a chat with an EA Help adviser and they told me to open a thread on the EA Forums.

I posted my concern on the EA Forums, and a community member (darko) sent me a copy and pasted message about contacting the TOS team. I replied to him that it does not work, he locked the thread and told me not to open a new thread about the same topic.

What else can I do? I literally only play the Sims. I don't play any other games EA makes. I don't play online, but I can't start the game.

This whole ordeal has been upsetting. I have been dealing with this shunned treatment from EA for 3 months now. I think they want me to just give up. How can this get corrected? The Terms of Service team can't be contacted, EA Help has turned me away, and the EA Answers HQ has disrespectful community managers working for them.

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I am sorry you are experiencing this I would be devastated becauseI love the sims so much.
    . But it's hard to judge because you must have violated some kind of terms of services?
    I've never heard of anyone getting banned for no reason. Was there a reason or you got banned for doing nothing?
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I have heard of mistaken bans on other services. What is their reasoning for banning you. Surely they named one.
  • jineratorjinerator Posts: 377 Member
    edited June 2021
    They said I uploaded an image that condoned violence and hatred. I haven't edited my profile in years. I tried to find out if I was hacked, but I can't get any information. I think the picture I had was a screenshot from Dead Space.
    I'll be honest, I'm disheartened by this whole thing. I feel my only option is to give up. I have been a loyal fan of the Sims since the release of the first game. I have seen all the things its been through, but now I have been kicked out of EA's gaming community.

I guess what bothers me is that my picture was from a game EA produced. I guess its time to give up...
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Wow I feel so sad for you! 😔 I just find it strange that no one will listen you and properly investigate the case. If anything you should have just gotten a warning to remove the picture in my opinion. But I don't know how they operate over there at EA. If they won't even let you dispute it I can't think of anything else you could do. But I hope you can get help from here or somewhere.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    I have been forced out of the community. Its unfortunate that the Terms of Service Team can treat us this way and get away with it. Its unethical, and does not show good faith. They essentially stole from me, and accused me of something horrible. I guess this is goodbye to EA and the Sims.

To EA: you just lost a longtime fan and positive member of the gaming community.
  • PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    I'm a little concerned when I look over at the EA forums to see how many people appear to have had this problem, and they all sound just as perplexed as you - i.e. they are not aware of having done anything wrong.

That would be a significant loss of money, with all the packs etc. that people pay for. I'm actually a bit worried now - being that I've been banned by algorithms on facebook on a number of occasions, most of them for entirely innocent "violations" (e.g. the time I suggested what I would like to happen, with regard to a scary spider that was in my house!!) - I'm wondering if EA use a similar approach, or whether the bans are individually reviewed in EA's case?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited June 2021
    jinerator wrote: »
    They said I uploaded an image that condoned violence and hatred. I haven't edited my profile in years. I tried to find out if I was hacked, but I can't get any information. I think the picture I had was a screenshot from Dead Space.

did you upload an image on face book twitch or twitter that ea would think was hateful
    maybe they look at peoples other accounts do they ?
    anyway I hope you can find help
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    I looked and yes they ban people for stuff they say on Instagram now
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member

So I had heard Twitch was policing its users on other platforms, but not Origin. Or perhaps do you mean the forums specifically, though this person is obviously still able to post here.
    edited June 2021
    Calico45 wrote: »

So I had heard Twitch was policing its users on other platforms, but not Origin. Or perhaps do you mean the forums specifically, though this person is obviously still able to post here.

ea will ban you from your game account and you will no longer be able to play your games if you post something on Instagram
    or here that they think is wrong @Calico45 they said they want to make everyone feel safe
    I don't know about you guys but this is gonna make me fare less likely to flag people on here
    you might just want a rude or derailing comment removed but who knows they might get band from playing all there
    games
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    A ban from the forums is one thing, but stopping people from playing games they have paid for is unreasonable.

Am I understanding this correctly? I play on Xbox and don't have my EA account linked (I only have an EA account for the forums), but those who have it linked, could potentially be unable to play their game is the EA account is banned?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member

Is this for real? Seems like a lot of work to track down the email of the Instagram account (unless of course, the person put their email on their profile page), and then banning the EA account from there. 😅 And wouldn't this also be unfair if the culprit didn't use the same email account for both sites?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    This is why I have one throwaway Origin account that I use for the forum. If they ban this one I wouldn‘t care. My real account with all the paid games is safe and private. I hope you get unbanned soon. It‘s unfair that you can‘t play a game that you paid for.
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member

What? And what about ppl privacy? This is horrible.. Thank god I dont have instagram and twitter etc
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
    To answer everyone's question, I used a picture from Dead Space from EA's gallery. Also, its not a temporary ban. They claim it to be permanent. I don't use Instagram or twitter. I have tried every channel or method to plead my case to them. I don't know what else I can do. Everyone be aware, if EA doesn't want you here, they will ban you, even if you use one of their gallery pictures for your profile.
  • PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Is this for real? Seems like a lot of work to track down the email of the Instagram account (unless of course, the person put their email on their profile page), and then banning the EA account from there. 😅 And wouldn't this also be unfair if the culprit didn't use the same email account for both sites?

I wouldn't know if it's for real, however presumably you can connect your EA account with Insta, Twitter etc. if you choose to, so being that they are already linked, that may make it easier for things to be flagged. But I am simply theorising, I don't actually have any idea. And the OP has said that s/he/they don't have Insta or Twitter, so on this occasion at least that's obviously not the reason.