Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Pack to get announced soon(Cottage Living Confirmed)!!!!

Comments

• NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    edited June 2021
    EdithV wrote: »
    Hmm the fairly and the encircling light wording indicates fairies to me more than anything. What do you guys think?
    Alien Fairies coming to abduct your Sim in mysterious rural world - by orders from their leader Mrs Crumplebottom, who is in secret the Alien Fairy Queen.

Sorry about the bad joke. I do think it can either be a hint or just a tease of the meanest, highest level. Not sure how much they'd cram into this EP with apparently a new world, Crumplebottoms and possibly new interactions along with some rural living. Don't want to get my hopes up. Thursday, this is Arkanis speaking. Kindly get yourself over here, pronto. No pressure.
    Post edited by NightwalkerArkanis on

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm thinking if this was Shakespeare's magic world, GrimSuruDoi would be Puck causing confusion everywhere!
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm thinking if this was Shakespeare's magic world, GrimSuruDoi would be Puck causing confusion everywhere!

If it was Veronaville part 2 I would be so happy!
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Maybe Henford-on-Bagley will be Stratford-upon-Avon in disguise. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
    If the trailer is coming out on Thursday does that mean that the new expansion is going to be two or three weeks later?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    A Brigadoon world who meets an Outlander & the Highlander.
    I keep having the songs "Your Home to Bonnie Jean", "Bonnie Portmore" & "We're The Princes of the Unverse" in my head. :D:p Lol
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    I CANNOT wait to see what's being shared tomorrow. Thankfully, I've got VBS to keep me busy today.
    The idea of a cottagecore farming style pack is my DREAM. I'm keeping my expectations low- thinking we might only get chickens, but I would love cows, pigs, or sheep as well. Tomorrow is the day I have been waiting for for years!
    Do we think there might be a teaser today? At about 4pm uk style
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member

Nope. The "teaser" was actually the postcard to my understanding.

Nope. The "teaser" was actually the postcard to my understanding.

Aw man, oh well, just one more day I guess
  • MandyPandy111MandyPandy111 Posts: 22 Member
    They usually put up the livestream page at least a day early. I'd expect that to come up sometime today with like a picture teaser and either a placeholder name or the name of the expansion.
  • TorieTorie Posts: 87 Member
    They usually put up the livestream page at least a day early. I'd expect that to come up sometime today with like a picture teaser and either a placeholder name or the name of the expansion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rSNOU_T7mg
  • MandyPandy111MandyPandy111 Posts: 22 Member
    I called it 😁
    Well, we have this! This EP will be great!
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2021
    'A little bird' - wildlife in the Henford-on-Bagley area? Like the 'lark' in that Guru's poem? Or reference to chickens/geese?

Chickens and geese aren't really 'little' birds I guess, but compared to an ostrich!
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited June 2021
    Reedfish wrote: »
    'A little bird' - wildlife in the Henford-on-Bagley area? Like the 'lark' in that Guru's poem? Or reference to chickens/geese?

Chickens and geese aren't really 'little' birds I guess, but compared to an ostrich!

Chickens can be really tiny, though, if you have bantams. They are the toy dog of the chicken world.

Otherwise, they are decent size. I have some Blue Jersey Giants, so great danes of the chicken world. (Truly, they're my coop sweethearts.)
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    So this will be Shakespeare midsummer's night dream, with fairies, cottagecore, bunnies, and beaks? Plus George twitter that chef pig again. Maybe the bunnies have something to do with romance.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Can’t wait for tomorrow
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    I can't really express how much I want it to be the most adorable, quaint world imaginable with a dark/sinister underbelly. Dangerous magical woods, mythical creatures lurking at night, that sort of thing. Postcard-Perfect with dark secrets.

I don't expect to get this, but for a little bit longer, I can dream.
    a63ftuN.png
  • IndrewIndrew Posts: 77 Member
    This is a village for former spies who have resigned from the spy service. Your task as Mr. One involves keeping these ex-spies in Henford
    -or-
    You own a BnB where you have to deal with excentric/picky guests without losing your mind.
    -or-
    You are the new vicar selected to get the local parish up to snuff while dealing with an excentric council.
    -or-
    You are the head butler who has to deal with both a snobbish,excentric family that owns the manor. You're tasked with hiring a staff to run the manor.
    -or-
    Henford while it appears to be an out of the way village holds a dark secret. Evil things are afoot. Hooded figures are seen skulking around in the middle of the night. Strange chanting can be heard in the cellar beneath the local church at midnight. Rumours abound about the mysterious eastern european count that purchased the old ruined abbey outside of Henford. Even a secretive excentric scientist has purchased the old Wexley castle where strange lights have started to appear in the windows at all hours of the night. And what is with that old police box in the middle of the commons?
    -or-
    You're in charge of a retirement estate where sons and daughters dump their unwanted elderly parents who you must keep out of trouble(and each other's bed). Of course the parents have other ideas of what "retirement" means.

I think that covers most of the English shows I've seen on PBS or some of the Hammer films of the day. I'm missing Mrs. Bucket, "As Time Goes By" and "To the Manor Born". Oh and "Good Neighbors"(I think Tom's Wife helped usher in the lifelong hobby of noticing cute women not to mention the challenging Margo). Anyway looking forward to the announcement.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I'm thinking that there might be some chickens coming in CS with the name Henford. There was also some mentioned of the possibility of fairies coming in this next EP. This was in an article that I had read about what Simmers think might be coming in CS. Also in this article was the mentioned of cars and burglars. But most Simmers believe that it's a farming pack, given that the ep is called Countryside. And that the scenery that was shown on the postcard GIF featured a country setting.
  • Nicocacola1992Nicocacola1992 Posts: 23 Member
    I think it's going to be based on The Hound of The Baskervilles, with werewolves and other people/nature blends to be added! I live on Dartmoor (where the book is set) and the new world does looks a lot like the small towns here. Although it could just as well be another small town here in the UK! :smiley: Either way, I bet there will be werewolves and farming!
  • nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    All right, I'm not expecting any occults with this EP. With that, no chance to be disappointed. :D
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Today's the day!!!!!!
    Today's the day!!!!!!
    Only 1 hour left!

Does anyone know what this is?