Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP Hints: Scotland, Farming, Cottage Core (Okay but I was ON THE MONEY, mostly)

Comments

• KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited June 2021
    @crocobaura - I know it not a good idea to get too expansive with pack idea's seeing as farming is heavily hinted, but maybe Henford is the hidden world? I was thinking about the date on the postcard linking it to a Brigadoon type idea.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Kironide wrote: »
    @crocobaura - I know it not a good idea to get too expansive with pack idea's seeing as farming is heavily hinted, but maybe Henford is the hidden world? I was thinking about the date on the postcard linking it to a Brigadoon type idea.

It looked quite modern to me to be a hidden magical type village. And they are doing a tourism campaign and sending postcards and inviting people to visit their garden stalls. I don't think Henford is the hidden world.
  • RavenchRavench Posts: 35 Member
    What about the fact that Henry Ford lived on Bagley ave in Detroit in the late 19th century?
    Now cars don't seem like a logical fit for this pack, but it seems like such an obvious hint don't you agree?
    I'd rather have fairies than cars personally btw.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited June 2021
    Ravench wrote: »
    What about the fact that Henry Ford lived on Bagley ave in Detroit in the late 19th century?
    Now cars don't seem like a logical fit for this pack, but it seems like such an obvious hint don't you agree?

I definitely think its a hint, but it may not be for this latest pack.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Ravench wrote: »

SimGuruFrost denied that cars are are coming this time, but given the coincidence, maybe it's a hint that they are coming in a future pack.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    lori171957 wrote: »

I can't see the turtle, But I am getting old.
    This is how I interpreted it.
    i5BuPZT.png

Indeed it's a gnome, but that's how I interpreted the "Turtle" too.
    Can't unsee this:

Turtle-smll.jpg

(Don't mind the rest of the details. I didn't imagine those in... :D )

This is like a Rorschach test and I'm afraid I don't know what it means...
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Kironide wrote: »
    If you recall, back in 2017 they suggested the possibility of faery pack within a hidden world. It might fit?

I don't think we'll get two worlds in one pack, unless the fairy world is rather tiny and consists of one lot like the other hidden worlds.

I will say, when I first read " A & A Crumplebottom" on the postcard, my mind went to A.A. Milne (Winne-the-Pooh). I wonder if that little gnome dude will take people to the Sims version of 100 Acre Wood? Maybe y'all's fairies will be there? Of course, being The Sims version, it will be more like 1 Acre Wood, but meh, close enough.
  • lulicanaleslulicanales Posts: 54 Member
    And now the video of the gamechangers point to animal farms too!

• JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    This is so exiting and awesome, everybunny :smile: !
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited June 2021
    "sneak beak"?
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    The way that trailer was presented made me beleive they are watching far more than the trailer for the next expansion pack but also the game update content that are part of the "wave of base game updates" My Simmer loving heart is so excited and I hope to not be let down! Between tomorrow's expansion trailer and the amazing trailer of Arnie's "Farmland" mod pack yesterday my farm lover heart does not have to worry! Can't wait to watch tomorrow! :)
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    What one of them was about to say : "Finally...a typical murder mystery situated in a small english hamlet, who killed mrs Crumblebottoms husband?" ;)
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Hmm, Scottland, O was hoping For Italy, Tuscan world for Farming pack but I Would accept this pack.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    It looks like Lilsimsie mouthes "farming" when they censor it out. I think it's finally farming.
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member

i5BuPZT.png

Can't unsee this:

Turtle-smll.jpg

hahaha this is incredible
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    And now the video of the gamechangers point to animal farms too!

I hate this no tease.Just reactions I'm disappointed.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Hmm, Scottland, O was hoping For Italy, Tuscan world for Farming pack but I Would accept this pack.
    Maybe we could get an Italian world with Generations

I need Monte Vista in Sims 4
    a256aFi.gif
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    So it's gotta be a farming themed EP. I am so glad to see it brought into the game after all these years like I was with the Snowy Escape concept. The confusion lies with the name of the new world because that is beyond coincidental to not hint at cars, especially the prominence of the road and bridge in the picture (and the countryside). They could very well have made an EP to *compliment* a cars release into the base game at the same time. What if one active career in this new pack was a mechanic? Because everything else comes in the BG update? And the rest of the pack is focused on other country style living. It kinda fits the two themes... plus that town name come on. LOL Toooooo coincidental to be coincidence, even if the town name ultimately is just hinting that they are working on it, but the sheer shock and joy on the simmers faces seems bigger than just a "Farming" EP.

Then I got to thinking that maybe the postcards aren't associated with the "On The Road" theme as they were first mentioned in the Survey but maybe this "tourism" aspect was included into the farming EP concept. Whatever they call it in a pack doesn't matter if we can create lots that act like hotels/ resorts/ B&B's. Then I was like maybe that's what the postcards are about.

But that "Henford on Bagley" is something else. Especially with the prominence of the road and bridge.

Peral wrote: »
    What one of them was about to say : "Finally...a typical murder mystery situated in a small english hamlet, who killed mrs Crumblebottoms husband?" ;)

lol omg, I remember this false leak :D
    Anyway, I hope it adds family gameplay...
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Out of interest, where did the idea of this pack being Scottish come from? Some posts (and this thread-title) seem pretty confident of it, but I can't remember what we're basing that on.
  • ShachaaiShachaai Posts: 55 Member
    @Benjamilian It was one of the places mooted for a new world in the last big survey, Scottish Highlands.

Though Henford-on-Bagley is a ridiculously English name if the main world is supposed to be based on Scotland.
  • emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    As for all the people asking for an Australian pack, I hope they base it in a city or beach area.

Maybe we could finally get surfing then
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited June 2021
    Small-scale farming??? Scottish highlands??? Cottagecore style??? Small possibility of an occult being included??

yes, Yes, YES!!!

This would all be SO amazing, right up my alley, I'm enjoying this wayyy more than the thought of boring industrial american farming. Please, yes. Suddenly I'm actually interested in a farming pack.

Wait a minute, weren't unicorns the national animal of Scotland? If horses are a thing, maybe we'll be getting unicorns too...

But yeah, Henford-on-Bagley does sound rather English instead, so who knows. We'll see.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

i5BuPZT.png

Can't unsee this:

Turtle-smll.jpg

what a nice drawing @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    more for sim kids and more drama please