Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which The Sims game do you think has the best Storytelling features?

Which The Sims game do you think has the best Storytelling features? 32 votes

The Sims 1 (photo albums)
3%
daisyxco 1 vote
The Sims 2 (family and neighborhood photo albums)
68%
Isb917Paigeisin5ParyCinebarMissyHissywormofthebookwiredhanna67fionaloveserranoRenato10waterywatermelontexxx78AstroChadSims2EnkiSchmidtDoodlyDoofusBreazonaSheepilingChicklet453681MyriadSimsDuvelina 22 votes
The Sims 3 (scrapbook with custom snapshot-memories)
6%
fruitsbasket101taydev 2 votes
The Sims 4 (screenshot manager)
6%
IngeJonesfriendlysimmers 2 votes
They are all crap, because I normally do storytelling externally with MS Word, PowerPoint, Google Docs, etc.
9%
WrenrySue_D_NimFelicity1169 3 votes
Not applicable, because I am not a writer. I make machinimas instead.
0%
Not applicable, because I am not a writer. I do Let's Plays/Builds instead.
0%
Results
6%
simgirl1010SERVERFRA 2 votes

Comments

• DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    Sims 3's scrapbook was a great idea. But it was Sims 3 and that feature actually makes the game run worse because of course it does, it's Sims 3. So you have to turn off the scrapbook to make the game run better. You don't have to do that in Sims 2, so Sims 2 by default.
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    Sims 3's scrapbook was a great idea. But it was Sims 3 and that feature actually makes the game run worse because of course it does, it's Sims 3. So you have to turn off the scrapbook to make the game run better. You don't have to do that in Sims 2, so Sims 2 by default.

I actually turn off all notifications, memories and lessons in The Sims 3.
    However, I do make my own custom memories in The Sims 3, with custom blurbs and titles, because in a way, the Scrapbook functions a bit like a Photo Album.
    That way, only I can control how many pictures will be taken and inserted into the Scrapbook.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    The Sims 4 (screenshot manager)
    Assuming you're talking about people who have their sims pose for a story they already scripted with a view to publishing? I voted Sims 4 because the game makes it easier to ensure the sims you need will come to the lot you need to screenshot them on, and they're not as likely to refuse to do stuff as in previous games. Also if you put them in a situation the game makes them act appropriately for the situation, eg if they're at a bar the game makes them go and buy drinks or dance if they are at a disco. Previous games they just carried on reading or watching TV as if they were at home.

On the other hand for sims who actually HAVE a story they are going to live through, then it has to be Sims 2, where they build up experiences and their lives seem to mean something to them.
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Assuming you're talking about people who have their sims pose for a story they already scripted with a view to publishing? I voted Sims 4 because the game makes it easier to ensure the sims you need will come to the lot you need to screenshot them on, and they're not as likely to refuse to do stuff as in previous games. Also if you put them in a situation the game makes them act appropriately for the situation, eg if they're at a bar the game makes them go and buy drinks or dance if they are at a disco. Previous games they just carried on reading or watching TV as if they were at home.

On the other hand for sims who actually HAVE a story they are going to live through, then it has to be Sims 2, where they build up experiences and their lives seem to mean something to them.

Well, I was actually talking about neither scenario.

Instead, I was talking about the in-game ability to capture pictures and caption those pictures, then integrate the pictures and captions into a story.

The Sims 1 had a little photo album that contained user-created photos and user-created captions.
    The Sims 2 had a little photo album that contained user-created photos and user-created captions for the whole household/family and for the neighborhood.
    The Sims 3 didn't come with a photo album, but it did have this Scrapbook with custom memories. I usually turn off the Memories/Notifications/Lessons, but I do like the ability to make custom Memories and write a little blub.
    The Sims 4 didn't come with a photo album either, but it did have this Screenshot Manager tool, which was next to useless. It worked best if you only had 1 save file, 1 household and 1 set of pictures.

Personally, I think The Sims 2 had the best Storytelling functions, because you could arrange the pictures in any order and upload the Stories to the Exchange. You could also edit those pictures and make a cover picture. The Sims 3, on the other hand, required you to take the Screenshots and upload them to the Exchange through the Launcher. The Sims 4 didn't even have a place to upload Screenshots/Snapshots; you could just upload Sims, Lots and Rooms - a massive reduction since TS3.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Results
    Unfortunately, I can't do either. :'( However, I do love to share what's going on with my sims & my lots in the Gallery & to mention it here on the forum. :p
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm not sure why everyone did not pick Sims 2 but its the obvious choice for me by far the best story telling options and ease of using it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'm not sure why everyone did not pick Sims 2 but its the obvious choice for me by far the best story telling options and ease of using it.

The Sims 2 is a much older game, and as such, some people may have never really played it or may have played it when they were very little.