Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @Ellupelluellu
    Funny that he kept fishing up violins, I definitely feel like there could be a weird back story in Strangerville with that LOL. Nice work on grinding through some money making. Totally worth it too, since their home in DSV is gorgeous! I love how you utilized the new kit - I had a lot of fun with it for my house too, which will now be showing up in my updates since vacation is over for now. LOVE Melody's new hair too. PM it to me when you have a chance and I'll add it for her in my game too :)

@Karababy52
    Oh good, it wasn't anyone important who died, LOL. I was hoping for that, but you never know. I was hoping that Josh didn't finally get too hysterical and fall over dead from laughing. Do you have death flowers? I can't remember. The vampire urns are simply lovely. I've never had a vampire die in my game so I've never really appreciated them before. So I'm assuming you could have raised that vampire from the dead with a magic if you wanted to, but chose for story purposes not to have their magic work this time? Actually I really don't know since I don't know how this magic pack works haha. Maybe it's a not a spell that can always work. Anyway, they will have a nice decoration on their shelf now :D Well, maybe someone will be able to tell them her name and they can save her and Josh won't be wracked by guilt. But it's not his fault, sometimes sims just die. I'm curious to see if this will be an isolated event in your story or if it will come back in the future.

There certainly is nothing wrong with happiness in our sims lives, but I like to add a little bit of realistic tension when I can haha. I think a month involving a certain vampire who keeps calling Jules for a date might be a very natural way to include some drama HAHA. I've had the skeleton curse happen once to one of Rose's friends when they took a girls' trip to the jungle. It's a funny little curse since it's temporary and doesn't cause any harm. I might intentionally try to make things a little harder for them next time they go to the jungle - if they don't examine those mechanisms well before trying them, there's way more of a chance of something bad happening so maybe I'll shake things up next time :)

The flirty falls was my first choice for their engagement, but I wasn't ready for Emmett to pop the question when they passed by them on their first day, so the timing just didn't work out for that. I did also consider doing it at the Royal Baths, but then I found that overlook and settled on that :)

@IllusoryThrall That cast of characters must have taken you a while to put together! I admire your dedication.

@sassytxbrat Nice work on the mystery! I bet if you make a bunch of holidays that just have a day off, you can send her to Batuu with no issues. You can also temporarily have her quit school with MCCC and then reenroll her too.

@SoulGal7
    It's so nice to see Wolfgang and Sakura fall into such an easy romance and definitely a treat to see screenshots of all their romance interactions. I think it's really cute that their favorite drink is the same too! And of course River was there. He's always there haha. Biggest fan of these two :) Lovely date for those two! Excited to see what the future holds for them. I wish sentiments could be permanent too. At least some of them.

@Skeilah
    Lovely outdoor shots! The sky is just gorgeous. You always have something up your sleeve with a backstory. It's sweet that Rene is actually kind of related to the family and that's why he's been so invested in the kids. I'm glad that Naoki and Hana got to grow up with him. I wonder if your solution will be to redeem Naoki's father or for his wife to leave him and start fresh - since I feel like one of those two options will have to happen by the end of the month. Excited to see what you have planned! Rene truly is a gem of a character too. He's so cute cooking hotdogs in his tux LOL

• IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Oasis Springs: Day Seven - The Chat
    06-07-21_7-51-36-pm.jpg
    Marnie was up early, cleaning and minding the toddlers. After the kids all got off to school, the morning was filled with fixing the washer and dryer, as well as picking up dishes left all over the house by the kids.
    benjichat.jpg
    Benji also called, and talked excitedly about his new apartment and the fast pace life of the city. It put Marnie in a great mood, and she whistled while she vacuumed the house, getting rid of hidden dust bunnies as she went.
    06-07-21_7-57-42-pm.jpg
    Later, after all the kids got home from school with their school projects and the twins had gotten bored with behaving, Jaz decided to call Colin over to chat and help her with her volcano project.
    06-07-21_8-01-02-pm.jpg
    The worked in silence for a short while, then both started talking at the same time. After a quick laugh about it, Colin indicated that Jaz should go first.
    06-07-21_8-03-59-pm.jpg
    “So, you know I talked to the therapist last week? I went to Willow Creek Library yesterday and did some research on something Dr. Gemma talked to me about. Something I didn’t mention to you. And it explains so much to me. But you have to keep it a secret. I’m not ready for everyone to know, okay?” Jaz started, hesitantly.
    06-07-21_8-01-46-pm.jpg
    Colin readily agreed, very curious about something Jaz was hesitant to talk about, since she was usually an open book when it came to her life.
    06-07-21_8-01-43-pm.jpg
    “There’s a thing called ‘gender dysphoria’ – it means that you don’t feel like you’re the gender everyone assumes you are. After reading more about it, I think I’m non-binary. I am not a girl. But I’m not a boy, either. I think I’m somewhere in between. It’s weird and I don’t know how I feel about it, yet.” Jaz continued, quietly, like she was afraid someone might hear if they were eavesdropping at the door.
    06-07-21_8-01-21-pm.jpg
    Colin looked at Jaz in shock for a moment. Jaz started to say something, but Colin stopped her. “I won’t tell your secret if you don’t tell mine. My therapist and I have been talking about it for weeks now – I am not a boy. Or, at least, I don’t think I am. My therapist calls it transgender – that I’d rather be a girl. So, I know what you mean about the dysphoria. I feel it every day. But I’m too afraid to tell anyone. So, other than my therapist, you’re the only one who knows, now.”
    06-07-21_8-02-29-pm.jpg
    Jaz looked at Colin in wonder, and the pieces started falling into place. “Oh. Oh, gee, Colin. I felt so much better finding that other people feel like I do, and here my best friend in the whole world is the person who could understand everything I’m saying – and I never knew. I was only telling you because I didn’t know if I should talk about it to Gemma some more.”
    06-07-21_8-01-11-pm.jpg
    “Seriously, though, you have to keep this a secret. I’m so afraid of what the other kids might think if they found out.” Colin fiddled with a test tube from the project, then glanced at Jaz with a worried expression.

“I wouldn’t tell anyone. Telling would only mean my secret might come out, too. So should I talk to Gemma? Or not. I promise I won’t mention you to her.” Jaz assured Colin.
    06-07-21_8-01-30-pm.jpg
    “I think you should. Talking to my therapist has really helped me. The more honest you are with them, the more they can help you. At least, that’s how it feels to me.” Colin replied, then stopped whispering and said with a laugh, “You think we’re ever going to finish this volcano?”
    06-07-21_8-02-35-pm.jpg
    “Of course we are!” Jaz giggled, and both got down to work. They chatted about school, and the club, but the secrets seemed banished from conversation for now, as if both were a little overwhelmed by the feeling that someone else KNEW now.
    06-07-21_8-06-17-pm.jpg
    Once the volcano was done, they tested it, cheering happily when it worked perfectly. They then decided to go upstairs and swing while they waited for Colin’s Dad to come pick him up.
    06-07-21_8-04-37-pm.jpg
    On the way upstairs, they passed by Myles and Marnie in the hallway working on his castle diorama.
    06-07-21_8-10-33-pm.jpg
    The new porch lights that had been installed made it so much more fun to play outside when it was dark, and they had a good time.
    06-07-21_8-12-25-pm.jpg
    Then, it was time for Colin to leave. He waved goodbye, giving Jaz a little wink as he walked away. Jaz smiled back and pantomimed her mouth being zipped shut. Shortly after, Marnie called her inside to go to bed, and she obeyed quickly, feeling pretty tired.
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    June 3 - University - WK 3 - Back To Britechester - Part 3- Term 3 Ends

sat-foxbury-gameday.png
    Thursday After Wolfgang and Sakura's date night, it was back to normal today.

HAVE-A-GREAT-DAY-TODAY-SAKURA.png

Only two more days until the end of Term, and suddenly Wolfgang was not having a good day. After dropping Sakura off at Britechester and giving her a lingering kiss, Wolfgang headed to Larry's Lagoon to finish work on his presentation board. He had revised it and it was almost ready to go, but he needed some feedback. He was hoping that one of the Bot Savant members would be there.

WOLFGANG-DOES-NOT-START-THURS-OFF-WELL.png

But he was famished and needed to use the facilities. So he had gone downstairs to get some pancakes and as he did so, he saw Rohan and went over to chat with him

WOLFGANG-SEES-ROHAN-AND-CHATS-A-BIT.png

When he was done, he went back upstairs and looked for his board. Hmmm...that was odd. It was not where he had placed it. Maybe someone had moved it. But no matter how hard he looked, he couldn't find it. Someone had stolen his board. He contacted his professor to try to get another presentation board, but his professor assured him that Wolfgang would find it and not need another board. Well, he never did find it and he was nervous. This was the last day to hand in his presentation, and he couldn't present it, because his presentation board was gone. Later in the day, he even went to the professor's office hours, but they still insisted that he would find it. He needed to pass this course to get his degree. This did not look good.

WOLF-UPSEDT-BECAUSE-SOMEONE-STOLE-HIS-PRESENTATION-BOARD.png

Spotted Bryon on campus walking to class.

bryon-spotted-on-camps.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Once Sakura was finished with her class, she came over to Larry's Lagoon. She had some time in-between classes, and thought she would do some of the requirements for the Art Society. So while Sakura painted, Wolfgang did some research.

thurs-wolf-studies-sakura-paints.png

Later, while Wolfgang and Sakura were doing their homework together, Professor Lana McKinnon saw Wolfgang and came right over to chat with him.

professor-lanas-fav-student-i-have-some-news-wolfgang-about-a-job-offer.png

Wolfgang: "Professor Lana, how nice to see you. I can't believe I had my last class with you today."

Professor Lana: "Oh Wolfgang, I am certainly going to miss you. You were my top student. If only other students could be like you."

Wolfgang: "Thank you, Professor Lana, but the praise goes to you for being such a wonderful professor."

you-re-one-of-my-best-students-wolf.png

Professor Lana smiled at Wolfgang: "Ahhh, you are too kind. Now, Wolfgang, I didn't have a chance to talk to you after class, but I wanted to tell you about a job opportunity in Del Sol Valley. I have a friend who calls me now and again to see if I have any promising students who he might be able to hire....and, well, I recommended you. He is a Special Effects Artist and he is looking for someone to work in his Mechanical Imageries Special Effects Department. They are currently working on a sci-fi movie and require someone with robotics skills. You would also be trained in virtual special effects using computer-generated animation. Some of their recent work has included Sims of the Dead and Diamonds are For Sims. This is really quite a unique opportunity and I know that you have always told me that your dream was to build robots. So, here's your chance. What do you think?"

wolfgang-had-to-head-off-to-class-but-thought-about-what-prof-lana-had-said.png

Wolfgang wasn't sure what to say. He had never thought that robotics could get him working on a movie. It seemed unreal. He told Professor Lana he would think about it, but had to run off to his last class of the day. Professor Lana told him that there would be a recruiter on campus tomorrow and to text her and let her know if he was interested. Wolfgang said he would do that and thanked her and ran off to class. Sakura excused herself as well and headed off to her last class.

When Sakura's class was over, she headed back to Larry's Lagoon to meet Wolfgang again. When she saw him there, she went over to him.

sakura-comes-back-to-larrys-lagoon-and-give-wolfgang-a-kiss-on-the-cheek-auto.png

Sakura: "Hey handsome," she said as she gave him an autonomous kiss on the cheek, "I can't believe I am all done...well except for exams tomorrow."

Wolfgang: "Mmmm...oh I could get used to that greeting," he said smiling, "Sakura, do you have time to sit down for a minute? I wanted to talk to you about that job offer that Professor Lana spoke to me about. She actually texted me some more info. I would start as a Support Technician and the pay would be around $192/day. I'm not sure if that's good or not because housing is pretty expensive in Del Sol Valley. What do you think?"

you-want-me-to-come-with-you.png

Sakura looked at Wolfgang and saw the excitement in his face, "It all sounds very exciting, Wolfgang, and it's really a unique job offer. When would you start?"

would-you-would-you-want-to-come-with-me-sakura.png

Wolfgang: "Next week, I think. I didn't want to commit to anything until I spoke to you. Professor Lana might also have a lead on a rental house in the valley. It's got a separate work space in the garage, and there's a pool and a hot tub..."

Wolfgang continued to talk about the house, but all Sakura heard was that Wolfgang would be leaving next week. Oh gosh! That didn't leave them much time together. She had been so happy since last weekend, and now...it was all going to end. A long distance relationship again...or maybe...worse...oh gosh...maybe Wolfgang would want to break up with her. Sakura tried to smile but felt rather sad about the situation because she hadn't started looking for a job as yet, and who knows in what city she would be hired.

Wolfgang stopped talking and saw the expression on Sakura's face, "Sakura...you didn't think that I would take that job and just leave you, did you?"

i-think-its-a-great-opportnity-wolf-but-you-will-be-moving-then.png

Sakura looked at him awkwardly.

Wolfgang shook his head, "Oh Sakura, I am not going anywhere unless you are right by my side. I was hoping that you would come with me, Sakura, to move to Del Sol Valley with me. I don't think I could handle being away from you for so long. I am sure that you would have no problem finding a job there. What do you say, do you want to come with me? Because I really want you to..."

wolfgang-so-what-did-you-think-of-prof-lanas-statement-about-the-job-offer.png

Sakura felt so happy when Wolfgang said that, "You want me to come with you? Oh Wolfgang....I would love to move to Del Sol Valley with you. And, yes, I am sure I could find something there. You should text Professor Lana right now and let her know...,"

i-am-super-excited-for-you-wolf.png

Wolfgang smiled back at Sakura and sent a quick text to Professor Lana, and she replied back in a matter of minutes with the name of the recruiter, the location and the time Wolfgang had an appointment. He was excited.

wolfgang-giving-servo-a-tune-up.png

He looked around Larry's Lagoon and saw a servo working at the robotics station and the servo looked like it needed a bit of a tune-up. Wolfgang smiled at Sakura, "No time like the present to put my robotics skills to work," he said and walked over to the robot and quickly adjusted some knobs and tightened some bolts. The robot's name was "Abacus Roboto" and Wolfgang invited him to be a roomie at the house. [Note: Abacus Roboto is a random townie, whose traits are Outgoing, Perfectionist and Lazy. He had some preset Likes/Dislikes. He likes the color Red; Classical Music and Robotics. He dislikes Painting.]

sakura-sees-melody-at-larrys-lagoon-and-chats-with-her-thurs.png

Sakura spotted Melody and went to chat with her. So many sims were here tonight. They were probably all cramming for their exams.

The rest of the night was spent studying for their final exams tomorrow.

thurs-nite-studying-for-final-exam.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Friday In the morning, the ground was blanketed with snow. Sakura had an early exam and Wolfgang and Sakura headed to UBrite Commons together. Wolfgang figured he could contribute knowledge to the ERAM while Sakura was in her exam. Wolfgang's exam wasn't until later this morning, so he still had plenty of time.

Wolfgang had told Sakura about his stolen presentation board, and she told him that it wouldn't matter, because his grades were so good already. But Wolfgang still had doubts about that course.

fri-exam-day-sweet-talking-wolf.png

Sakura: "You're the smartest guy I know, Wolfgang. You will do great. I have faith in you."

u-r-the-smartest-guy-i-know-wold-youll-do-great.png

They had a busy day ahead of them with two exams each. Wolfgang asked Sakura to meet him here at the end of the day, after his interview, so he could tell her how it went. They could then wait for their final grades to be posted together. Sakura agreed and headed off to her first exam.

IS-THIS-THE-TERM-SHE-MIGHT-GET-ALL-A-PLUS-MARKS.png

Sakura made an offering at the statue on her way to her exam and arrived early. She took out her text book and went over some highlighted notes. She was feeling very prepared.

fri-essa-in-ubrite-commons.png

Wolfgang spotted Essa inside UBrite Commons, but when he went inside, she had left. She must have been on her way to an exam.

Wolfgang went right to work and started contributing some robotics knowledge to the database.

WOLFGANG-CONTRIBUTES-HANDINESS-KNOWLEDGE.png
    WOLFGANG-CONTRBUTION-PAYMENT-ERAM.png

When he was done, he even got paid for this work. Way to go Wolfgang!

WOLF-IS-NOT-DAZED-FROM-CONTRIBUTING-KNOWLEDGE-DUE-TO-HIS-TECHIE-SENTIMENT.png

Wolfgang felt pretty good, and unlike Sakura, wasn't even dazed. Must be because he had the Techie Lifestyle.

Wolfgang then looks at the time and gets a queasy feeling in his stomach. The final exam is just one hour away!

wolf-pre-exam-jitters.png

And suddenly Wolfgang thought about that stolen presentation board. If he didn't graduate, he would lose out on that job offer in Del Sol Valley. And suddenly...

WOLFGANG-IS-O-STRESSED-OVER-HIS-LOST-PRESENTATION-THAT-HE-THROWS-UP-FRI.png

WOLFGANG-SUDDENLY-KNEW-WHAT-MORNIGN-SICKNESS-FELT-LIKE.png

Wolfgang did feel somewhat better after that...but now he sort of understood what morning sickness felt like. Ugh! And Wolfgang headed off to his exam.

SAKURA-FINISHED-EXAM.png

Sakura's two exams were back-to-back and she came out of her last exam smiling. Oh gosh! She was done!

roxanne-spotted-on-campus.png

Sakura saw Roxanne on campus, but it looked like she was hurrying off to an exam.

Sakura went back to UBrite Commons where she was going to wait for Wolfgang, and then she saw him running towards her.

sakura-i-got-the-job.png

Wolfgang: "Sakura," he said breathlessly, "I got the job! We're going to Del Sol Valley together!"

And with that, Wolfgang and Sakura's grades were posted. Congratulations to them both! And Graduation is tomorrow! Woot!

sakura-term-3-grades-gpa-a-plus-finally.png

lost-his-presentation-board-and-stil-gor-a-plus-congrats-wolf.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Missing Presentation Board: Wolfgang had worked on his presentation board at home, and then when he was at Larry's Lagoon, he went to work on it some more, and it had disappeared from this inventory. You can't buy the presentation board and it's not in debug. One suggestion I read about was to e-mail your professors and it would then appear - it didn't. I repaired my game. Nothing. So, what I had Wolfgang do was to study for that course and visit that professor during office hours, and hoped that was enough for him to pass. I couldn't believe that this had happened. I could have gone to a previous save, but was already late in finishing university, that I just didn't want to go back and do some things over again. So, I just crossed my fingers.

Wolfgang will be taking a job in the Mechanical Engineering Career, which is a work from home job. I have never explored this career. Because it involves a lot of robotics, I am pretending that he is going into a Special Effects job for a Sci-Fi movie in Del Sol Valley.

I was going to have Wolfgang and Sakura go skating together while they waited for their grades to be posted, but I looked everywhere on campus, and the skating rink that I had found the other day was gone. Bummer!

The photo of the day is actually one that I took awhile ago, but hadn't used. It is a pretty shot of the Foxbury stadium on game day.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited June 2021
    June - Day 7: “There should be laughter after pain, there should be sunlight after rain, these things have always been the same, so why worry now?”

OJYQ4JU.png

Notes
    v3lrGr3.png
    After Essa shared what her Dad had said about the need to know the lady vampire's name for the Necrocall spell to work, Josh felt guiltier than ever. If only he'd introduced himself, maybe she would've done the same in-kind. But he had been so focused on saving her, introductions had been overlooked until perhaps after she was safe. Sadly, she hadn't made it to safety and tragically died a virtual unknown.

Essa assured him somehow they would find out who she was. He hoped she was right. They bounced around some ideas together before Essa went to bed. Josh stayed up to give Frank another enhancement upgrade, then sat in his favorite rocking chair in the kitchen to listen to some METAL while knitting...and think. By daybreak he'd come up with a few more ideas and felt a little better with hope in his heart that one of them would reveal her identity.

He'd been keeping an eye out for the mail carrier, and finally saw her walking up their driveway. He quickly went out there to greet her before she left to continue on her route.

FHR2oOw.png
    Josh described the lady vampire and asked if anyone with her description lived around here. She didn't recall anyone, but promised to help by asking others while delivering the mail if they might know who she may be. Josh was incredibly grateful for her offer and wanted to show his thanks in some way.

"I'd like you to have this, if you'll accept it. I made it myself. I hope you like it."

qGqP6AT.png
    "Oh, wow, that's very nice of you, but, what's it for?"
    "Just a little something to say thanks for helping us. It means a lot to me."
    "Aww, you don't have to thank me, I'm happy to help. But thank you for the gift!"

She opened it up to reveal a white and teal pouf Josh had knitted just that morning.

wCZQkIs.png
    She was thrilled and thanked him again saying she would use it to help rest her weary feet at the end of the day.
    "I love it, oh I could just kiss you!"
    "Oh, uh well, that sounds nice, but I don't think my fiancé would like it very much."
    "Ah, you're engaged. Well, that's a shame, I mean, for me." She said giving Josh a coy smile."But congratulations to you both! I better get back to work now. Thanks again, I'll let you know if I find out anything about the lady. Bye!"

She left after stuffing the pouf in her mail pouch and waved with a big smile on her lovely face.

Jk6fNVO.png
    What Josh didn't know was last night Essa hadn't been able to sleep, she couldn't turn off her mind to rest. She got up and grabbed Josh's guitar to take outside. Walking across the oval drive in front of the house, she stood by a fountain in the decorative area in the middle and began to play. To her ears the grating sound coming from the instrument was very loud and didn't resemble any kind of song she'd ever heard.

When a light popped on over at Adam's house, she was afraid she'd awoken the singer and ran back to her property to the side yard away from his house.

2eGf5qC.png
    She began to play and play, long into the night into early morning when the northern lights came out to dance across the sky in accompaniment. Her skill still wasn't the greatest, but had improved.

SoGHT5S.png
    Soon the sun rose to bath her in brilliant white rays of light as she played. A tiny smile of satisfaction graced her lips when she stopped. It was enough, for now. Essa went back into the house and made breakfast for herself and Josh. They had a chat while enjoying their meal and he told her about soliciting help from the mail carrier.

XZmFRae.png
    Essa tended to the garden, had a shower and practiced a little acting before taking a nap. Josh meanwhile made some parts on the robotic station to make another robot and went back to his knitting after mailing out a couple of his creations customers had bought on Plopsy. Upon awakening from her nap, Essa again took the guitar outside to practice.

FVV334c.png
    Later that afternoon, she took the guitar up to the second floor balcony. Josh joined her there, offering to mentor her since he was Level 10 in the skill. Of course she agreed.
    (She's amazing, just listen to her. No skills last night and now she sounds really good!)

SsbBqL5.png
    Josh gave her great advice and loving words of encouragement which made her smile. She loved how he was always there to lend a hand and help whenever she needed him.

M9unmjM.png
    The couple stayed on the balcony all afternoon and late into the night, chugging potions of plentiful needs to keep going so Essa's skill with the guitar could improve and grow. When the northern lights again appeared in the sky, displaying all the colors of the rainbow, they retired to the bedroom. Essa was now Level 10, she was as ready as she'd ever be for the audition.

qDVzsm8.png
    Essa brought the guitar into the bedroom and serenaded Josh with love and appreciation, the same way he had for her many times before. Josh smiled at the woman he would soon marry, the future Mother of his children and was overcome with his love for her. She was his everything and he was her's in return. He blew her a kiss she caught on her puckered lips. The song ended and Josh took her in his arms to kiss her tenderly with all the love he had inside to give. The kiss soon grew into a hunger for each other. Essa clung to him with a need to feel closer as he lowered her to the bed...

srTVasV.png
    A few hours later, Essa left for her second gig. Josh occupied his time while waiting for her return continuing to build robot parts, knitting and researching ideas on how to find out who the lady vampire could be.

Essa sat in the make-up and hair chair on set again gazing at herself in the mirror. Curiously, she'd been given the same style as the previous gig. She left to go next door to be fitted for her costume, wondering if perhaps she'd again be a VoidBop character.

oMbOQJD.png
    She was right! Today she would be playing the same character, only this time as a guest star of the children's show, "Critters of the Mauven Forest." After putting on the costume, Essa did a little dance, just for fun, making the costume director's assistant laugh.

IBZeaJa.png
    She told the Director she was ready, and filming began with Essa singing a song. She took a risk and added a bit of her own flair to the tune. The Director was not the same one as before, which Essa thought was a little surprising, but she seemed nice.

ekrhRRw.png
    Act 2 was a dance number and so was Act 3. Just as before Essa added some of her own dance moves. It was a risk, but one she was confident enough in her skills to take.

rnySZsr.png
    Finally, she was required to play a song on the guitar. Filled with confidence from Josh in her abilities, she boldly added a few extra risky rifts to the melody. She took a bow afterward to the applause of some on the set, and looked at the Director to see her reaction.

SSaMCXd.png
    The woman was not as wildly enthusiastic as the previous Director, but she did look pleased. At least there was a smile on her face. Essa hoped it was a good sign.

kSPpo1R.png
    This time she returned her costume to wardrobe before going to the buffet for a bite to eat and wait for her agent to call with the Director's critique of her performance. When the call arrived, Essa couldn't believe her ears. She was in shock! She'd been promoted to a Supporting Actress! Better and bigger parts with more pay and a chance for more fame as well. As fun as it had been to play a costumed character, Essa hoped that maybe now she'd get a few parts where her face wouldn't be covered.

109Jw5E.png
    Even better and more shocking, Goldie told Essa she was now considered a Notable Newcomer, a 1 Star celebrity after only two gigs!
    (Whoa! Josh isn't going to believe this!)
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my June 7th post above! UGH! I had BIG problems with Imgur again, anyone else still having troubles with it too? Half my images kept failing to upload and I had to keep uploading them over and over again. So then, of course, they were all out of order so I had to rearrange them multiple times as well.

If that wasn't bad enough, the text I wrote for the screenshots kept failing too, popping up red boxes that covered the screen until I couldn't see what I was writing anymore. *sigh* So frustrating! I resorted to writing the text elsewhere or I'd still be writing for this chapter.

I'll get started on comments/replies, but might not be able to finish before I need to feed my cats and get some rest. Hope y'all have a fantastic day/night! <3
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    @Karababy52 - I had massive problems too with Imgur. I think the version I was using was "BETA". After I clicked on "return to full version", the problems disappeared. I really hate the old layout, but the uploading works. The way I'm doing it is that on my old gaming laptop I have the full version to upload. On the Uni Desktop PC where I usually write posts, I am still using Beta, as I only want to view the images there anyway.
    Under "Posts", in the bottom left corner, there should be a small "Leave beta". You could try that...

I'd upload a screenshot to help, but I am using the desktop PC right now, so uploading failed and failed again... :D I can send it to you on Discord though? (Sorry if this is a bit all over the place... I am way too tired to function. :# )
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
    Update 158 - Back in Oasis Springs

zBsJQUP.png
    Oh hey there Pickle, we almost adopted 7 new pet siblings for you when we were on vacation but decided against adding more pets to this household. At least for now ;)

Ruby was still at school when they returned home, so Jules and Emmett took some time to relax and tan by the pool. This was the only safe angle I could snap this screenshot from since they didn't want any tan lines ;)
    ii0NEO4.jpg

Okay, Jules' tan is getting cheated away immediately, this is just TOO MUCH :D I'll let Emmett keep his until it naturally fades though.
    mBmGEMH.jpg

When Ruby got home from school, Jules sat down with her by the pool to tell her the big news about her and Emmett's engagement (I paused at the right moment so it kind of looked like Jules was showing Ruby her ring)
    MQ6AItl.jpg

Ruby was really happy for her mom. It's not like much will change with Jules being officially married since Emmett has already been living with them.
    3EmoK2W.jpg

They were also just really happy to see each other again. Though Ruby had had a nice time at Mario's, and Jules' vacation had been simply lovely, they had certainly missed each other.
    0WVGXeY.png

It was a heatwave day and there was a pop up water balloon bucket near their yard, so Jules, Emmett, and Ruby decided to have a water balloon fight. (Which is always a disappointing activity since it takes so long and they stand so far apart. I always cancel before it's over since it's SO BORING LOL). This was the only screenshot worth sharing.
    f9p57bf.png

Emmett also officially got a job in business. So grown up of him lol. Eventually I might have him get called back to military duty and finish off that career or just switch to something more interesting, but for now, his economics degree gives him a boost in this career so let's explore it.
    6FkrFro.png

Oasis Spring has a ton of these dig sites and also some good frog catching logs/pumps. Jules makes some good money off her collectables since she finished the Curator aspiration, and we're back in business with some frog breeding, so these will be other good ways to make some money this month.
    g3zYP3T.png

That evening, Ruby and Emmett played some chess since Ruby needs it for the mental aspiration and Emmett needs to get his logic skill up for a promotion in his job.
    sT10WxC.jpg

Then Emmett checked some stocks for his daily task.
    zFLQyi9.jpg

Ruby breezed through her homework.
    Ka1Gwjc.png

And Jules set up the archeology table they had purchased in Selvadorada and began authenticating artifacts from home that she would send back to the museum once she finished.
    eib9tBX.png

Also since they are officially moved into their Oasis Springs home now, I took the time to do the tedious task of putting up all their personal photos and items, and since I never know if they will show up in screenshots or not, I wanted to share since I feel like it's always nice to see the personal touches in our sims homes :)
    Computer areas in the office
    O1hebAN.png
    lGxFwca.jpg

Postcard collection, collection plaques and a few other achievement items from over the past several months
    wZIrJ9v.jpg

Graduation photos and diplomas
    LxAz7Mo.png

Living room photos
    A5oEQjE.png
    thd3vmr.jpg

Ruby's room. Emmett got that doll for her in Selvadorada and Jules gifted her that simmi
    1Q2tGQ2.png

More of Ruby's room
    CP3q1Bk.png
    0jlBCBn.jpg

Emmett and Jules' room
    Qz4vpEB.png
    sXHbAni.png

Also not the best photo, but Jules' angelfish, Gabriel, that she caught all the way back in January, is still kicking :)
    0h4D9EZ.jpg

Got the garden all set up too and some plants were even ready to evolve!
    ISLgfza.jpg

Noticeably absent for the past several months - Patchy. I can't find him in my inventory. I think I accidentally left him in Mt. Komorebi. Sorry Patchy!
    @Karababy52 I assumed my imgur issues were due to my poor internet connection, but who even knows...I've been struggling all week. I feel like it's a toss up if images will upload even with a good connection. I always prepare myself for that "upload failed" message and don't delete my images until I'm sure they are actually uploaded. It would be nice if we could just post images directly to this forum...
    edited June 2021
    June 4 - University - WK 3 - Back To Britechester - Part 4 - "Lady, by yonder blessed moon I vow"

oh-wolf-i-love-you.png
    Classes were officially over, their grades were posted, and Wolfgang had gotten the job in Del Sol Valley. They were both so happy!

Wolfgang: "You know what that means, don't you?" he asked.

were-done-uni-sakura-you-know-what-that-means.png

But before Sakura could respond, Wolfgang had swooped Sakura in his arms for an autonomous passionate kiss [Note: Wow! First time this has happened in my game!]

auto-passionate-kiss.png

i-am-the-happiest-sim-alive.png

omg-the-things-you-do-to-me.png

yeah-want-to-tell-me-more.png

you-are-the-one-i-love-sakura.png

Sakura smiled at him, "What was that for? Not that I minded," she said flirting with him.

Wolfgang: "Well, we're done with university, we both got fantastic grades, graduation is tomorrow, I got a brand new job, and we're moving together to Del Sol Valley. What's not to be happy about?"

Sakura: "Yes, that's true, but I am going to miss Windenburg..."

Wolfgang: "I will, too, but I am looking forward to Del Sol Valley...and the hot weather..."

Sakura: "I thought you liked snow..."

Wolfgang: "I do! But I also can't wait to see you in a bikini!" he replied winking at her.

ordering-some-food.png

Sakura laughed and they went to the vendor stall and ordered some hot chocolate to go.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They walked home together, sipping their hot chocolate and appreciating the beautiful scenery on the way. As they approached a bridge, Wolfgang suddenly tensed and held Sakura's hand tighter in his. And then Wolfgang stopped and looked at Sakura. Sakura looked puzzled and wasn't quite sure what Wolfgang was doing.

do-you-remember-this-bridge-sakura.png

Wolfgang: "Do you remember this bridge, Sakura?"

Sakura: "I think so. I think I was here before..." she answered looking at the bridge.

its-the-bridge-we-crossed-on-our-orientation.png

Wolfgang: "Yes, you were. It was the one we crossed together the night of our university orientation. I wanted to tell you something that night, but you saw the bus at the library and we ran to catch it."

it-was-just-about-this-time.png

Sakura smiled at him, "Oh...I remember that night..."

Wolfgang: "This bridge was the start of a new beginning. For you. For me. For us. And I had wanted to tell you something that night, but I didn't. So, I am going to tell you now."

i-am-thinking-sakura-that-this-bridge-is-destiny.png

Wolfgang: "I love you Sakura and always have..." he said as he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her.

this-is-what-i-wanted-to-do-with-you-that-day.png

Sakura: "Oh Wolfgang...you wanted to tell me that you loved me that night? I remember standing here on the bridge with you, with the full moon in the sky...it was a beautiful night..."

this-is-the-most-perfect-day-wolfgang.png

Wolfgang: "Yes, but tonight is even better..." he said.

Wolfgang looked in Sakura's eyes and smiled, and then got down on one knee. He pulled out a ring from his pocket and held it up to her.

sakura-marry-me-and-let-us-travel-all-the-bridges-of-life-together.png

Wolfgang: "From the moment I first saw you on that dancefloor many months ago, I didn't know how much my life would change because of you. But it has, and it has only become better now that you are here with me. You are the most beautiful, caring sim I have ever met, and I have fallen in love with you. I can't imagine continuing my life's journey without you."

sakuras-expression.png

i-want-to-marry-my-friend.png

"Sakura...you are my friend...my very best friend...my partner in crime...my one true love...and the person who I want to spend the rest of my life with. You are my everything, Sakura, and you and I belong together. I see a future in 'us' on the same team. I am ready to cross this bridge with you, and even though we may not know what lies on the other side, I know that we will be brave and face whatever is in our path. Together. I want you in my life, Sakura, not just for today...but for always. I love you.

Will you marry me, Sakura?"

i-never-i-never-thought-this-would-happen.png

Sakura could not believe what Wolfgang had just asked her. She looked at Wolfgang kneeling on one knee, looking so lovingly at her, waiting for her answer. Sakura knew he was the only one that she wanted to be with. She loved him, too.

Sakura: "Yes! My answer is yes, Wolfgang...I want to marry you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Yes!" she replied feeling the tears in her eyes.

its-so-beautiful-omg-god-wolfgang-i-am-going-to-cry.png

She took the ring and looked at it. It was the most beautiful ring she had ever seen.

Wolfgang: "It was my great-great grandmother's ring. My mother gave it to me at Harvestfest, before I left with you for Mt. Komorebi..."

Sakura: "Oh my gosh, it's beautiful..." she said thinking that Wolfgang's mother must have known how Wolfgang had felt about Sakura all along.

Wolfgang: "I've been carrying the ring in my pocket everyday since, waiting for the perfect moment to ask you. And I decided that today was that perfect day..."

it-is-perfect-wolfgang.png

it-fits-me-i-cant-believe-it.png

its-the-most-beautiful-ring-ive-ever-seen.png

you-are-truly-beautiful-sakura.png

Wolfgang held Sakura close to him and kissed her. He could just kiss her like this all night.

you-are-my-heart-sakura.png

Sakura was so happy that she jumped into Wolfgang's arms and held onto him.

Wolfgang: "Whoa! I guess that means you're excited about this...huh?" he said laughing.

whah-give-me-some-warning-lol.png

Sakura: "Oh yes...yes, I am very happy and excited about our future...and you're right, this is the most perfect day..."

id-like-to-carry-you-somewhere-right-now.png

Wolfgang: "You know...now that I have you in my arms like this, I could just carry you home and...um...warm you up..." he winked at her.

Sakura whispered in his ear, "I'll race you there..." she replied seductively.

Wolfgang raised his eyebrows, "Oh?" he replied looking at Sakura intently, "Sounds like a plan...!" he said as he gently placed her on the ground.

how-long-have-you-been-planning-this.png

after-graduation-well-head-over-to-my-house-and-tell-my-mother-she-will-be-thrilled.png

auto-kiss-by-sakura-engaged.png

Sakura: "I love you Wolfgang," she said and gave him an autonomous kiss on the cheek.

Wolfgang: "I love you, too, Sakura," he replied. Wolfgang felt like the luckiest sim alive.
    engagement-offical-notice.png

lets-go-home-and-snuggle-on-the-couch.png

lets-just-leave-these-lovebirds-alone-to-watch-their-moviue.png

Let's just leave these lovebirds alone...so they can get...ahem...warmed up.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

"Lady, by yonder blessed moon I vow" is a line from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. The balcony scene where Romeo vows his love to Juliet. However, Juliet is dissatisfied with this proclamation of love, as the moon constantly changes, and she doesn't want Romeo's love for her to change, so she wants Romeo to vow his love of himself. I thought that this was appropriate because Wolfgang and Sakura have often been compared to Romeo and Juliet, as they were in clubs that "hated" each other, (the Paragons and Renegades), but still liked each other. And, of course, Wolfgang and Sakura did eventually fall in love.

I had many scenarios of Wolfgang proposing to Sakura, and in fact, I had him do it three times, but didn't save for the first two times. Even though the lighting is not the best for this proposal, I felt that this is where Wolfgang would have proposed to Sakura. On the bridge where he had wanted to tell her he loved her. I also looked up "bridge" symbolism. If a bridge stretches over water, this indicates that the next transition or journey will be emotional, and also that the image of a bridge represents a powerful connection and a symbol of hope. I felt that Wolfgang proposing to Sakura on the bridge seemed very fitting. There was a beautiful full moon shining, but it was then hidden behind some clouds.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    @SoulGal7
    OMG!! They’re engaged!! You’ll get a proper comment later since I’m on my phone right now, but I had to share my excitement!!! I was not expecting it to happen so soon for them but it was a perfect moment ❤️
    @Ellupelluellu
    Aww, so did I when I saw Inna fall to her knees. Poor Inna yes, but poor Nik and Damon as well. :'( Thanks for saying it was beautifully written, made my day! *Hugs* <3

First and foremost, I LOVE Melody and Malcom's makeover! They look like celebrities already! :) Adore their house too, it's gorgeous. Love that it's red too. The rock garden in particular is just fabulous! Love all the fountains and those candles. Perfect! Love how you used all the pavilion pieces for over the hot tub, truck, canoe, bikes, etc. I've yet to build anything using the Courtyard kit, but this house has me itching to do so! Pretty cool how jets fly over the lot so low! Wouldn't be cool in real life though, imagine the noise! o.O Probably shake your house too. :D

Hilarious how Astrid went to view the toilet first! :D Well she's probably envious as a celebrity herself. So weird how Sims will grab stuff out of your fridge like that instead of grabbing a serving of what you've made. Maybe she just didn't like what Melody made? Or if it's a meat dish, perhaps she doesn't eat meat. No idea. Love the personal photos lining the doorway to the bedroom and that bedroom is divine! Great job with their house, much better than I could do, that's for sure. :)

@Skeilah
    Wonderful news that Rene is actually a part of Naoki's family, Maria's step-Brother! So he does have family of his own, he was living with and helping them all along. :) Love that Rene can relax now and Maria too. Interesting about how there's a mystery behind how Naoki's Dad became a Duke. Suddenly a Duke? Suddenly filthy rich? Yeah, that is definitely very suspicious. o.O Fabulous that Rene can look for love now and have a family of his own if he chooses to do so. Great update! :)

@permanentrose
    I know what you were trying to say, that you're glad it wasn't Josh or even Essa. But Inna IS important. :) Vampire urns are very cool, love the bat finial on them. It's fitting vampires should have a special one since they are special.

I guess I'm in the minority with most Simmers, I prefer to give my Sims a life of happiness as much as I can. At least in their relationships. Probably why I never have my Sims cheat or divorce, or steal any married Sims for my own Sims. Other kinds of drama? Sure, bring it! It would be nice to give them a perfect life as well, but after awhile, I'm sure it would get a bit repetitive and dull, so yes, a little spice now and then is a good thing.

Yes, the skeleton curse is temporary, for your own Sims. But you can get a skeleton servant as well using one of the totems I believe. Not as cool as Bonehilda, but still would be fun. :) Ah, yes, understandable about the flirty falls being too early to pop the question. They could've went back there though, just for the proposal. I like that platform over the cliff edge though, the scenery is gorgeous and perfect for a proposal! I can see why you ultimately picked that location.

Wow, Jules did get quite a deep, dark tan. o.O I personally would've just went with it, but that was quite extreme. Emmett's on the otherhand looks perfect! Really makes his blue eyes pop! Nice that Ruby is good with the engagement, I figured she would be. Congrats to Emmett on joining the Investor career. So fun displaying our Sims personal photographs and paintings eh? Makes their house seem more like a home. I love looking around Essa and Josh's homes to see their progress and how their looks have changed. Makes me smile and gives me motivation to keep going so I can get more! ;)

I would be nice if we could post screenshots directly to the forum, I agree. You delete your images? From Imgur? Or completely from your hard drive? Just curious, I keep all mine.

@SoulGal7
    Aww man, bummer Wolfgang's presentation board was stolen. :( Lana McKinnon, oh I just love this Sim! She is such a cutie and so sweet! One of my Uni students had an affair with her. He was kind of a bad boy, only wanted good grades. Sadly, he didn't really love her. Very cool about Wolfgang's job offer and a perfect segue to get them to DSV! Oh Sakura, you're so silly! Of course Wolfgang wanted you to come with him! He wouldn't want to let you go just after you got together! ;)

Very cool they have a robot roommate now! I like his name. :) Oh man, I LOVED that outfit on Essa! So nice seeing her look the way she did at the beginning of this challenge. Interesting Wolfgang didn't get dazed sharing knowledge on that machine. I bet it is because of his Techie Lifestyle. Congratulations to both of the for graduating with a A+ GPA! Yay! \o/

WAHOOOOOO! They're engaged! Congratulations to Sakura and Wolfgang! <3 What a beautiful proposal at a very special place. I teared up, can't help it. I just love this couple so much! <3 So, so happy for them! I never really thought about how they are a bit like Romeo and Juliet, as far as the rival schools/clubs go. Thankfully, they will not have the tragic end of that couple though. :) Such a beautiful and touching way to end their time in Britechester. It's been a long journey for them, but they finally made it. I'm looking forward to their time in DSV now. Hey, now we have three couples engaged to be married in the challenge. Very cool!

@miss_eulenauge - Thank you for the suggestion about leaving Beta on Imgur! I've switched to normal mode now. We'll see what happens later when I try to upload screenshots for today's post. I hope it works! :)
    edited June 2021
    @Karababy52
    i have half a comment typed up for you at home but then I had to head out and was gonna finish tonight - I actually asked if it was Inna but then didn’t think it was since she looked different than her portrait but it WAS her. Yeah Damon’s mom is important lol. Hopefully they can resurrect her!!

And I delete my images from my computer as soon as I upload them but they stay in my trash for about 30 days so they’re not completely gone right away but it can be a pain to dig through my trash lol. I keep them all on Imgur

You will get your full comment later when I’m home :)
    @permanentrose
    In my post, Greg said it was her, even gave her full name, Inna Cents and talked about how she was Nik's wife and Damon's Mom. You must've missed that or overlooked it. No worries about comments being delayed. Whenever you have time. :)
    And now for some comments...

@permanentrose -
    They're back from their vacation, but it did look like they were still relaxing. Love that house and pool area. And, I figured that Ruby would take the news of Jules and Emmett's engagement well. I love Oasis Springs for all the collectibles that you can find there. And, of course, Jules continues with the Archaeology Aspiration. Good job! Love all the photos that you have taken. Oh poor Patchy...well, maybe he stayed on purpose. Maybe another desperate gardener needed him more than Jules did. Love the photo of Jules, Emmett and Ruby. And so now Emmett has to "adult" lol and gets a job. And Pickles does have a worried look on his face when you mentioned almost adopting all those strays in Selvadorada. lol

June 7 - Yes, that is a lovely spot for the engagement. Looks over everything. Very, very pretty. I like the idea of finding a llama on the bottom of an artifact to determine if it was genuine. Sounds something like The Sims creators would do, too :) Great idea! And great that Jules will be helping the museum because they are short staffed and will be able to authenticate finds at home. Nice!

@Karababy52 -
    Love that cover photo of Essa playing her guitar with the palm trees in the background. Very Spanish looking. Love it. So, the search for the name of the Lady Vampire's name continues. Josh is a knitting fiend, it seems, and even gives the mail carrier a gift. Oh...she thought he was interested in her...in other ways...not! Essa maxed guitar and then serenaded Josh in some sexy lingerie! lol And she is just bee-bopping in that VoidCritter outfit. Congrats for Essa being promoted to Supporting Actress and is now a Notable Newcomer! Woot! Things are going so well for Essa!

Day 6 - Oh gee! Damon's mother dies in front of their house and Essa, even with her Spellcaster powers, can't resurrect her. Oh gee! And then she finds out that they need to know the vampire's name before she can use a spell on her. Oh Oh! Not good at all.

@IllusoryThrall -
    The chat - Well, Jaz's secret is out, and also Colin's. I do hope that they will keep each other's secrets safe. Glad that Marnie was in a good mood chatting with Benji and his life in the city.

@sassytxbrat -
    It's great that you have done the Strangerville story before. And Mia is making good headway on the aspiration. Oh, cool, I don't have the Star Wars pack, so looking forward to seeing that gameplay. So she has to dis-infect lol three sims, right? I wonder who they will be and who will help her defeat the 'Mother'?

@Skeilah -
    June 7 - Interesting plot twist with the butler being Naoki's mother's brother. I wonder what happened to her husband that he changed? Anyway, that's great, now Naoki adds another family member with an Uncle! I hope that Rene finds someone to care about. Their family is growing in leaps and bounds

Bryon is becoming quite a vlogger and already a Rising Star. Congrats! And, yes, it's a good thing that Bryon didn't go into the shower thinking it was Naoki in there! lol And it turned out to be Hana! heehehe. Bryon looks like he is becoming quite a celebrity already and is super excited about all the gigs he is getting. I hope that they can resolve whatever it is that Maria, Naoki's mother, wants to talk to them about.!

@Ellupelluellu -
    Wow! Look at those sexy pants that Melody has on! She looks live a diva already! Woot! And I love her hair! And Malcolm is looking sexy - new hair? Their house looks so lush with all the vegetation and I see that you have the new pack as well. So many pretty designs with that pack. Funny how Astrid comes over to admire the toilet! lol Well, sims tend to go in the bathrooms and chat most of the time anyway, so it might as well be a great room. Such a beautiful house tour, and so open. Love it!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,903 Member
    @Karababy52 and @permanentrose
    Do not delete images from imgur. As if you do, they vanish from here too, and that is not so cool :smiley:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @Ellupelluellu
    Thanks for the tip, but I never delete images from Imgur unless I've decided not to use a certain screenshot for my daily posts. This all happens before anything is ever posted here. :)
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    Mia Patina
    June 8
    Week 6 Wednesday

2021-05-31-09_50_22-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Oasis Springs: Day Eight - Relief
    06-07-21_8-13-19-pm.jpg
    After the kids had all gone off to school, Bennie brought out a new toy of his – a microphone. Apparently he felt getting in some mic practice at home was important enough to buy a mic for at home. Braydon, as you can see, is more interested in dancing to the music from the stereo under the TV than listening to his Dad, however.
    06-07-21_8-49-32-pm.jpg
    Marnie, as usual, was spending the day cleaning. There was always something to clean in this house, and today the basement desperately needed cleaning, so she was busy with her vacuum.
    06-07-21_8-52-56-pm.jpg
    The twins, as usual, were mostly left to their own devices, and were playing on the Murphy bed. (These guys are so cute, I can’t even resist taking pictures of them!)
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Later, after the kids got home from school, Marnie grabbed her coat, and told Jaz to grab hers, and they undertook the monster bus ride to Newcrest again. It would probably be dark before they got home, and Marnie was in a rotten mood about having to continually do this for Jazmyn.
    06-07-21_9-06-08-pm.jpg
    Gemma seemed thrilled to see Jaz again, and came out to get Jaz for their appointment shortly after Marnie and Jaz arrived. Nervously, Jaz had been pacing over by the upstairs fountains.. partially because sitting next to a grumpy Marnie simply didn’t sound like something she’d like to do.

Jaz followed Dr. Gemma into the office, glad to get away from Marnie’s grouchiness.
    06-07-21_9-01-45-pm.jpg
    “Well, hello, Jaz.” Dr. Gemma said pleasantly as they both sat down.

“Hi!” Jaz replied cheerfully, still working up the courage to say what she wanted to say.
    06-07-21_9-02-24-pm.jpg
    “So, how was your week? Did anything special happen? Did you do anything fun?” Dr. Gemma asked.
    06-07-21_9-02-38-pm.jpg
    “Well, my older brother, Benji, had his birthday party at our house, and then he moved out with his girlfriend. The house is definitely quieter now.” Jaz started.

“Oh, really? Do you know where he moved to?” Gemma asked.

“The big city. I think his friends are moving with them, too.” Jaz replied, “Oh, and I went to the Willow Creek Library by myself on Sunday.”
    06-07-21_9-02-31-pm.jpg
    “Oh? All that way by yourself? Are you sure that was that safe?” Gemma asked, concerned.

“Oh, I’ve done a lot of riding the bus lines by myself. We used to come from Magnolia Promenade to Oasis Springs for Saturday club meetings – Phoenix and I, I mean.” Jaz said, dismissing the question. “I knew which buses to take because Myles has a club that meets at the library. But that’s not important.”

“Oh? What’s the important part, then?” Gemma asked, interested.
    06-07-21_9-04-22-pm.jpg
    “I did some research. I’m pretty sure nobody saw me. I remembered what you said about that gender thing. So I looked it up.” Jaz said, a little hesitantly.

“What did you find?” Gemma asked with a smile.

“I think I’m actually non-binary.” Jaz said softly, as if afraid Marnie might hear through the door.

“She can’t hear us, sweetie, so don’t worry.” Gemma assured, “What did you find out about being non-binary?”

“It basically means you’re not a girl or a boy, that you’re somewhere in between, or just not either of the choices.” Jaz said, still softly.

“And you feel this describes you?” Gemma asked.
    06-07-21_9-03-05-pm.jpg
    “Yeah. I mean – I know people say I’m a girl. But I don’t feel like one. And I’m not a boy, like my brothers, either. I don’t know what I am, but I know what I’m not.” Jaz replied, almost defensively, then offered a smile.

“I think knowing what you’re not is a great place to start from. Is this why you have trouble going to the bathroom with other people around?” Gemma asked perceptively.

“Probably.” Jaz replied, but didn’t elaborate.

“You know, with what you and I have learned today, I could probably talk to your school and get permission so you could use a private bathroom. Would that help?” Gemma asked.
    06-07-21_9-02-51-pm.jpg
    “Really?” Jaz asked.

“How about I give them a call and see what I can do. I’ll let you know how it goes tomorrow, okay?” Gemma replied. “Meanwhile, our time is pretty much up for the day. I’ll call you tomorrow after school, alright? And I’ll see you next week for our appointment, we can talk about this more then if you’d like.”

“Wait.” Jaz said, suddenly worried.

“What’s wrong, Jaz?” Gemma asked, clearly concerned.
    06-07-21_9-03-09-pm.jpg
    “My parents won’t have to know about this, right? I don’t want them to. Not yet.”

“No, sweetie. This stays between us. I will have to tell the school about your dysphoria, but they won’t be able to tell your parents without my – and your – permission.” Gemma reassured.

“Oh. Good. So, talk to you tomorrow, then?” Jaz asked, smiling again.

“Definitely.” Gemma replied, going to the door to open it. “Have a good trip home, Jaz.”

“Okay!” Jaz replied, suddenly wondering to herself what Colin felt about going to the bathroom at school It had never occurred to her before that someone else might have a problem like she did. However, she wasn’t about to forget her promise. She wouldn’t tell anyone about Colin. Ever. Not even Gemma. Waving goodbye to Gemma, she followed a still-grouchy Marnie down the stairs and to the bus stop… all the while her mind lost with questions she couldn’t ask and thoughts she couldn’t share.
    edited June 2021
    @SoulGal7
    So nice to see the challenge sims on campus! That pack was the best for spotting other sims. I can't think of another way to make them show up as often as they did in Britechester for other worlds, or else you guys would be seeing a lot more of your sims :) Lana is a cute professor - I didn't realize she was a pre-made professor at first and almost made her one of the people Jules kissed that month LOL. That'a a good plan for Wolfgang in DSV! Very creative! I love it. That's an unfortunate glitch/issue with the presentation board being gone. I've heard of that happening before. I think someone even created a mod for it since it can so commonly happen. Definitely something to add to the list of things that need fixed haha.

I need to play with autonomy on again soon (well, last time I did, Emmett just pranked all the toilets in the house haha) but it would be really cute to see what Jules and Emmett do autonomously. Your game is really fun to see that.

I love all the winter shots in your game. Such a stark difference to the heatwaves happening in my game haha. Winter makes for some cute romantic moments and shots through, especially with the snow falling.

AND OMGGG!!!!! You got them engaged!!! What a sweet proposal, and that streetlight was like a spotlight shining on the two of them was perfect. I love the significance of that spot and that you looked up the symbolic meaning of the bridge too. And their whole star crossed lovers vibe, being from rival clubs made the Romeo and Juliet quotes perfect too. I love that Wolfgang gave Sakura his grandma's ring too. Such a sweet detail. Excited to see what you have planned for their wedding. It's been such a treat to watch these two fall in love and see how much care you put into their story.

@Karababy52
    You could have titled this one - "The one where Essa plays guitar all day." Haha. Kudos to you for getting so many great shots and still coming up with a story while Essa basically just skilled up in one area for the bulk of your update. I tend to just blast through skilling so I love that you took the time to get different screenshots and really make it part of the story. I love how Josh was looking at her while he mentored/watched her play too. Pure adoration. And that shot of Essa playing guitar in her lingerie...sexy! I was hoping her new sleepwear would show up in game play soon ;)

Also I don't know how I missed that part about Inna Cents in your update, I went back to read it and you made it very clear. The only thing I can think is that since I've been reading updates on my phone a lot as I watch 4 dogs and 2 cats, I don't always have the time to read a full update all at one time so I must have scrolled past that part when I went to go where I left off and missed it when I was reading it in pieces, sorry about that. I like that Josh is going around and asking people if they knew her too. Of course he'd want to do right by her if he could. I wonder if they will think to contact Damon and his family next, wondering if they know her since they are vampires. And forgive me if you discussed this, but I'm assuming her death was accidental and you just ended up witnessing it, or did you plan it for some story purpose? Also I'm assuming you're doing the knitting aspiration with Josh now - it's cute how you're including him gifting those items!

Those plentiful needs potions are nice indeed. Jules and Emmett are basically super sims, but if I ever need them to get tired or hungry, I have to cheat need decay for them, which is a bit annoying, but worth it in the end since I definitely like having super sims haha. But the plentiful needs potions would be the perfect work around for that.

And there she is in that goofy costume again, haha. I guess you never really know what you're gonna get when your sims go to set. Excited to see other costumes and sets your game spawns.

And I can tell you right now that Jules and Emmett won't cheat on each other. I have 100% decided that already, I don't want THAT much drama, especially after the way things ended with Brittany and Emmett. That would be too heartbreaking to have one of them cheat - after all, I do view Emmett and Jules as soulmates, and they will be faithful to one another through thick and thin. But old lovers can cause some drama without cheating being involved, so I will see what I come up with for August haha.

I couldn't keep Jules' tan. It was just too orange lol. It looked like a tanning bed mishap lol. I couldn't bear the thought of looking at her for like 4-5 updates with that tan lol so it had to go. But I do like Emmett's, his skin tone took the tan quite nicely. I even cheated to see what Jules' tan would look like without her skin overlay, since I thought the overlay might be part of the problem, but it was still pretty orange and dark.

And just if you missed it since I edited it in to my last reply to you after I thought about it after posting, I do delete photos from my computer once I upload them to imgur, but they stay in my trash for about 30 days so they're not gone immediately if I do mess up and delete them too quickly. It's just an insane amount of photos to store on my computer so since they end up on my imgur account, I don't keep them around on my actual hard drive permanently.

@IllusoryThrall
    That's nice for Jaz to have a friend to confide in, especially one who is experiencing something similar to what they are!I feel like Colin and Jaz are gonna be lifelong friend and allies to each other :)

The twins are cute, and I love that they can sit on the Murphy bed. I wish toddlers could sit on all beds. It's good Jaz got to talk to Gemma on their own today too - making some good progress in really discovering themselves, and Gemma is a great person to help them through that since Jaz doesn't have a family who is in a place to be understanding.

@sassytxbrat
    Haha Dylan's outfit for the Mother Plant battle was great. You really cranked out that aspiration. Nice win. So Mia is only gonna be a teen for one month, not three months?
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    edited June 2021
    June - Day 8: "It's better to be bold than meek. If you jump off a cliff, at least you'll fly before you fall!"

09FP9gQ.png

Notes
    PndrhdG.png
    It had been awhile since Essa took up the brush and painted something in her studio, and she missed it. So when Josh left for work, she started a painting of the forest near her home in Glimmerbrook.

QS2ED9Y.png
    Later she traveled to the Orchid A Go Go on the advice of Goldie. If she wanted to be a star, she had to get out there and show off what she could do, to be known, to be remembered. A somebody rather than a nobody in the industry.

O9PSyzX.png
    While playing guitar for a few patrons, her star rose just a little bit higher. Essa was now a 2 Star Celebrity!

nHAplRO.png
    Josh was making steady progress in his military career too. He came home with a promotion to Brigadier and was awarded another medal. Josh placed it in the display case and left to join Essa in town. They had planned for him to meet her at the lounge anyway, and now he had some great news to share with her too.

uokjpGR.png
    "Is it really you? My soldier, my one true love. I haven't seen you for so very long. But, you promised to come back to me and here you are. Oh how I've missed you, having you always near, touching your cheek, holding you close in my arms, and feeling your lips on mine..."

NdZt1qg.png
    (That is so hot! She's hot!)

g1F0vrr.png
    (Look at those lips, those legs...she's touching his butt, I want her to touch my butt. I can just feel her hands...on...me...)

VADR6GD.png
    "I love you, my handsome soldier. Now we can be together again, forever."

qVeXghI.png
    "Take a bow Essa. Essa Ellington, a new star is among us folks. Just watch, soon she'll be at the top! Wasn't she magnificent? Let's give her a hand. Essa Ellington, remember that name."
    "Thank you, Josh, thank you everyone, thank you!"

HKbjmZF.png
    "Oh gawd, I love you so much! You were great Babe! Come here!"
    (Oh! Another romantic scene? How cool is that?! I love her, she's so great, so beautiful...so...everything! Wow!) *dreamy sigh*

fkTNpqz.png
    "Guess what?"
    "What?"
    "I got a promotion!"
    "Oh that's fantastic Josh I'm so proud of you!"
    "I got a promotion too! I'm a 2 Star Celebrity now, can you believe it?"
    "I believe it! Congrats Beautiful, you're on your way. I'm proud of you too!"
    "Let's go home and celebrate."
    "I like the sound of that, oh yeah!"
    (Oh, okay, not a scene. Must be her boyfriend. Lucky guy!)

599QBZP.png
    Nrcq4tz.png
    When Essa arrived at the studio for her gig the next morning, she was psyched and ready to go. Today she would be playing a part in a primetime television show called, Dignity and Decorum. Her face would finally be out there for all the world to see. Or at least whoever enjoyed watching the show.

"Let's do this!"
    "Yeah! You're a star Essa, go for it!"
    "Woo Hoo, Go Essa!"
    "YESSSSS!"

qvLDpnA.png
    She reported to hair and make-up and was given a new look this time. A bit...okay, a lot brighter than she was used to, but it was okay. She wondered if 19th Century ladies really did wear this much make-up. Maybe she needed more so the audience could actually see it?

nfdL4Fe.png
    "Oh no, oh dear God no. This can't be right. Wrong century dear."
    "Uh, opps, sorry, I'll fix it, don't worry!"

5viROqu.png
    "How's this?"
    "Ah, much better. Thank you!"
    "You're welcome Miss Ellington."
    "No need to be so formal, you can call me Essa."
    "Really? Okay, cool! Thanks!"

9B3gRQA.png
    (I.can't.breathe! Did he have to pull the cords in the corset so tight?)
    (Don't complain, at least it's not as hot as the VoidBop costume.)
    (Not much less really. But, it's pretty anyway.)
    Essa thanked the costume director's assistant and left the room to go find the Director and tell her she was ready. She was told to go stand on her mark and wait.

aSDFv2Z.png
    The first scene was about sharing a drink with her 'husband' and talking about their day.

9hr7xc4.png
    In the next scene, they had an argument with lots of forbidden words shouted at each other. Essa used some she'd never said out loud before. It was a bit risky, but allowable and quite in line with the character.

uwyTBBV.png
    In the third act, she now knew why she was told to practice lifting another in an exuberant hug of joy. Her character was having an affair with the butler.

zpkj7qz.png
    In the final scene, she was all alone on the stage telling a sorrowful story to herself of frustration and confusion from being still in love with her husband, though it had faded over time, and the new exciting love she felt for the butler.

When the scene ended, the crew gave her some applause and cheers, which made her smile.
    (This acting stuff is kind of fun!)

pYgnj4K.png
    She went back to the costume department, and returned the gown, the wig, corset and shoes, then washed her face to apply her own make-up. The buffet this time had much better selections, including some gourmet dishes. Essa grabbed a serving of prosciutto wrapped asparagus and waited for the agency to call her with the day's critique.

When she got the call, Essa learned she'd been awarded another promotion and was now a Sitcom Star! It seemed her career in show business was taking off like a rocket!
    (Wow! Things sure happen quick around here.)
    (Maybe you're just really good and this is the result?)
    (Maybe...I don't know...we'll see.)
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    edited June 2021
    I finally got to open my game again and whip up the first of three coming baby updates! (Yes, I organized them a bit.)
    In other news... I updated my overview post, so instead of the (outdated) family as title picture, we now have... a baby. Yeah. We all have never seen one of those before, right? And Sims 4 babies totally don't all look the same... right?
    (I really want to get a family photo of all of them, but I haven't had the time, so...)

This is a lot of text and not many pictures, because all the Sims were really uncooperative and I played this a few days before writing it, so my ideas didn't exactly line up with the pictures I got.
    last update | Overview post&rules
    Update 29- Bridgeview

3buy0XU.png

Sarahs Diary
    The last few months were really turbulent. We had twins, the older kids have each their own problems, Greg and I still can't completely forget about his... incident, and in general, a lot of stuff just doesn't seem to go right.

Let me start at the beginning. I went to get checked by a doctor, because having twins just isn't as easy at my age as it is freshly out of college. I was having hot flashes, shivering at night, and I couldn't sleep well even when the babies let me - might be because I'm worrying a lot about all of the kids, and me, and Greg, but still. Better ask the doctor, right?
    NzGiaj8.png
    The doctor is called Skeilah C, and she seems quite nice. She came to our house for the appointment, and talked a bit to all the kids afterwards to "assess my living situation"... or be nice. I'm not sure which.
    aO1cfOP.png
    She said that everything was fine after the birth, but that I was probably going into menopause. She could give me medication for the symptoms, and to help with the strains of six kids, but that there wouldn't be any more biological kids in our future. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I love my kids, but I feel like we're complete as a family.
    AETbEUO.png
    Poor Sophia is really sad because some big event is happening at her school, and she can't go. She was really understanding about that we're just not having that kind of money, but I think she's really sad that some boy won't stay behind with her... I really need to talk to her about Boys and about what real love means.
    Mark seems a lot less excited about that event, but perhaps he just doesn't show it. He recently brought a nice girl home with him though! I think these two are on a good track, they seem sweet and responsible. I wonder what other friends he has at school, he doesn't tell much about them. He's talked about going fishing with Greg once the weather gets better. I really hope Greg will agree! He's gotten better at spending time with the kids, but most of the time, he just goes to cuddle Rae. I mean, she's a sweet girl, and they have a special connection through her name, but still - the older kids need their father too!
    C72BSKD.png
    Miles is still sad a lot of the time. I think the boys are making fun of him somehow, but I'm at a loss about what to do. And he somestimes says weird stuff, like, "being a boy is dumb" - I mean, getting harassed for being sad is dumb, but he's still a boy and nothing will change that! I think he just really needs a father figure. I wish my Dad were still around, he might be able to step in where Greg obviously won't.
    KVqrgf4.png
    Connor is just the happy little boy he always was. Although he too would do better with more attention from his father, to get rid of some of that excess energy. He is super excited already to go to school and find friends. Less about the homework, but he'll have to get through that. He keeps saying he wants to "explore and see the world when he's big enough". I don't know yet how we'll do that, but a penpal might be a good start. And, if he's serious about that, a part-time job later on.

You might notice something else in this photo... No, not the dollhouse. The... background.
    Yeah. I'm not saying everything between me and Greg is all rosy and just perfect. We still fight somestimes, about his involvement with the kids, about our life plans, about the lack of privacy in this small house... But it's gotten better. He hasn't touched a drink once since that night, and keeps trying to say romantic stuff in his own, dorky way. It's kinda sweet... I like it. But it still gets awkward somestimes.
    Y3Vk1qt.png
    And that brings me to the other big bone of disagreement between us... The kids. It's like Greg has only two modes: "Do his own thing without caring about the kids" or "Be around Rae all the time and even ditch gigs for her".
    He seems completely oblivious to the older kids. To Miles wanting his attention, or Mark needing some man-to-man advice, (or Sophia kinda having a boyfriend)... I mean, Rae is a needy baby, and I'm glad that he tends to her so well and that she likes him, but still - there's five more kids that need organizing, care, love and attention! Not to mention the bills.
    UnPYEvE.png
    I feel a bit bad for Amelia. With Greg only having eyes for his little Rae and my time being stretched thin between jobs and all the kids, she often ends up a bit forgotten. Thankfully, she's easy, doesn't cry a lot, seems content in her bassinette... (Unless I don't have the time to change her diaper for a little while). But she is so much happier once someone actually takes the time to play with her.

Look, there he goes! It's like Rae is his only kid, or at least the only one he's ever really loved.
    cnhNhOs.png
    "Dear little Rae. Look at your perfect little twinkle-toes! I didn't even know babies were so sweet, and fun, and that I could love a little pint like you so much. I can't wait to show you the world once you learn to walk... I'm sure you'll have fun playing with your older siblings, and they'll love you as much as I do... They're really nice. Kids being kids... It's nice to hang around with them or play for a bit, when I have the time. You'll see, you'll have a great life... I know you can do it. I'm sorry you're sad so often, I'll try to make it better, ok? Aand... Twinkle, twinkle, sadness go away! <3 "
    I love this side of him. Really. Just - I'd love it a lot more if it didn't put Rae over everything and exclude the older kids. They're smart, and they have eyes in their brains, you know? I worry they'll end up resenting Rae for being the favourite child.

Anyways, I think I've got a birthday party to plan for Connor! (And a couple of Gigs to complete to save for the kid's future - and for birthday presents). Luckily his birthday is just before New Year's this time, so we'll all have the day off.

Blooper:
    oTPlXtx.png
    Dr. C really didn't want to have this conversation. This was the third try - Two times, she disappeared after two sentences, and the third, she got up to... um... spice it up?
    In the end it worked out anyways, but yeah. She did cost me some nerve...!

Characters, Lot, Gallery
    Gallery (Sims and houses): Hashtag #onemonthoneworldoneyear, Name "One Sim - Fam. Britton". My gallery name is Noctuara.
    Parents: Sarah and Greg Britton. They live on the 20x15 "Comfy Cubby" in Bridgeview, Newcrest.
    Kids: Sophia & Mark (Twins), Miles, Connor, Amelia & Rachel (Twins)
    • Greg Britton - Greg is an adult who has a strong interest in Gaming and Computers and is quite a Geek. Unfortunately, he also is a bit slobby and mean. Due to his history, he is a bit troubled, has Bad Manners, is Irresponsible, Argumentative and Insensitive. But he can be nice as well... if he tries his best... (and I help him by x-ing out all his autonomous mean&mischievous interactions from the Parenthood traits) He was working in business, but hated it. So he enrolled for a Programming course and is now a freelance programmer listed with an agency. On the side, he participates in Novice Tournaments.
    • Sarah Britton - Sarah on the other hand wants to be the best parent possible. She is very neat, good and loves being with her family. She found a job as Freelancer Artist to try and keep her family afloat. After six babies, she went into early menopause and is now infertile.
    • Sophia Britton - The firstborn, and the twin of Mark. She is a teenager already. She continues to prefer doing things alone, mostly being outside gardening.
    • Mark Britton - The secondborn and the twin of Sophia. He is a teenager as well. He likes being outdoors at the river catching some fish, or taking a nap to recover after all the work fishing is.
    • Miles Britton - The thirdborn. He is a child already. His fun-loving personality is overshadowed by some gloom, and he aims to uncover the secrets of simkind at his science table.
    • Connor Britton - The fourthborn. He is a toddler at the moment, and is a very wild child full of energy.
    • Amelia Britton - The fifthborn and the challenge Sim. She is a very easygoing baby who often gets lost in the shuffle of this crazy household.
    • Rachel (Rae) Britton - The sixthborn. She is a very needy babie who cries a lot, firmly claiming her place among all the other kids. Greg dotes on her, partly because he got to name her after his very first video game heroine - Rae.
    others:
    • Gary Whelan, a friend of Greg from high school. Lives on "Oak Alcove", 20x15, Bridgeview. He is a Bro, Geek and Active. He works as a Game developer.
    • Fam. Aldrich, the neighbours and friends of Sarah. They live on the 30x20 "Fernpark" in Bridgeview. Elderly Pamela lives here with her Grandchildren after both parents died in a plague at young years. Pamela loves to Garden, cook at spend time with her Grandchildren. And if she had the time (and I the money), she'd love to learn to knit. Readhed Alexia, already a Young Adult, is the image of her mother. She loves to paint, channeling all her emotions on the canvas. She feels heavily responsible for her younger siblings, Tessa and Joey (twins). Tessa loves to make crafts like her big Sister and is very creative, while Joey has a lot of Energy and is very much into sports.

Schedule (subject to change)
    This schedule still seems like a good idea, but I have to post noteably less due to RL constraints, so we'll see. I might try to get the Challenge Sim aged up until the 14th-20th of June, then use the rest of June and the whole July (?) for the toddler stage and see how it goes. The MCC settings will be adjusted as I feel neccesary.
    I am planning to play for 14 months ingame. 4-5 days as baby, 2 weeks as a toddler, 1 1/2 months as a child, 3 months as a teen, 3 months as a Young Adult, 3 months as an Adult and 3 months as an Elder for the Main Sim.
    For all others, I will use these MCC settings, starting on 1st of June, so it roughly works. (Combined, the Teen, YA, Adult and Elder stages are exactly 365 days right now).
    • Pregnany: 5 days
    • Baby: 7 days
    • Toddler: 14 days
    • Child: 45 days
    • Teen: 90 days
    • Young Adult: 93 days
    • Adult: 92 days
    • Elder: 90 days
    This might change when I get a feeling for the challenge. I will possibly extend this for a next Gen, or extend the YA and Adult stages, if I get Brindleton Bay and subsequent other worlds. And if I manage to stick around that long.
    I will start playing in Bridgeview (Newcrest) with a big family and the Baby No. 5 as main sim. I will move neighborhood each month, alternating the worlds. This starts as soon as the Main Sim turns teen.
    I want to work on roughly two aspirations per month with my Main Sim, or, better said, on about 3 goal sets of the "Master Simmer" challenge to try and get all achievements - mainly because with my current packs there are 38 goal sets - 3,1666 per month. (See Rules).
    I think with normal play, I'll never get there! But with so much time to stretch out the skilling, it might work. And it will definitely keep me from getting bored. ;)
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    @permanentrose Yeah I really don't like the teen stage so Mia won't be a teen long. At least as a toddler or child there are a lot of things to work on. As a teen, they don't have anything that is specific to the age and there are limits on starting the adult aspirations, so it feels like a lot of blockage for no gain. My plan is that she will be a Young Adult for 4 months, Adult for 4 months, then an Elder for 2 months. That puts me finishing up April 2022.
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
    edited June 2021
    Update 159 - Just enjoying life

c0T7vGm.jpg
    Not much of a story today, just kind of getting into the swing of things with everyone's new schedule in Oasis Springs.

After Emmett left for work and Ruby left for school, Jules took Pickle on a walk to Desert Bloom Park.
    Nb3qg7k.jpg

She explored the area and searched for frogs and collectables.
    RMteGqQ.png

Then she decided to paint for bit since she had her easel with her.
    LfHqbYJ.png

After walking around some more, she discovered an abandoned mine shaft (since this is a copy of my main save, it's been open already). She peaked inside, curious about where it led, but decided to wait until another day to explore it since she didn't want to leave Pickle. She also thought that Ruby might be up for an adventure, and decided she'd wait until she could bring Ruby along before exploring it further.
    Pfd9V5e.png

Emmett came home from work looking very professional. This career might be too serious for him and his goofball trait now that I think about it. Well, he can stick around it in for now and I'll decide later what Emmett's career path should be.
    jIwmbWQ.jpg

Another heatwave day called for some pool time. This is the first time Jules has had a pool on her lot and I'm definitely loving it in this summer weather.
    o3x6hpg.jpg

That evening, Emmett read and book and got goofy with it, making it open and shut while he made funny sound effects. This is probably due to his goofball trait and the fact that he was reading while in a playful mood. I thought it was cute :)
    Laso77u.jpg

Jules authenticated some more artifacts. It might be hard to tell, but this one was a fake LOL. Left the UI on for this one just because I felt like the pop up for it was amusing.
    VaQmvPt.jpg

It was Saturday the next day, so Ruby invited Kristine over.

They played some chess.
    O3tRaAH.jpg

And them some darts in the basement, and I had to question how safe it was to leave these two trouble makers alone with sharp objects haha.
    0qCQwXo.jpg

Then Ruby had to go to scouts, which I honestly forgot I had enrolled her in. When she got back, I checked her progress just since I was curious, and she's done a good job earning badges even though I've barely even put any effort into it.
    bkOHBUg.png

They're all just kind of skilling and making some money these days.

Emmett painted 2 masterpieces on the digital sketchpad.
    EfYKZRd.png

Ruby is at knitting level 6. A good foundation for whenever I want to do the knitting aspiration with her.
    DIshQIQ.png

And Jules got as far as she could on both JA aspirations for the time being. Another jungle trip (or more) will be necessary to wrap those up.
    nXdp1J1.jpg
    *Updated my June 8th post above! Took much longer than anticipated to get this chapter shot and written for a variety of reasons. I hope there isn't any glaring errors in it! o.O I apologize for it, but comments/replies will have to wait until later this afternoon. I need to get some sleep. I hope y'all have a great day/night! <3
    edited June 2021
    @Karababy52 Have a good sleep! Hope Imgur was less buggy. :)
    Just for information, you again forgot to change the title :)

Edit: I enjoy seeing the career play out. Congrats to Essa! That fan was super creepy... How he watched them, and her touching his butt, and all that. I like how you work these paintings and stuff into the story. Also, how'd you get that bowing screenshot? Is it a real animation? :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top