Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP Hints: Scotland, Farming, Cottage Core (Okay but I was ON THE MONEY, mostly)

Comments

• Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    I'm very excited for the pack!

But to add to the discussion, I wish in the future we have more African content. Not just Morocco or Egypt.
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    I have nothing against the British style but I would like to have something completly different like an Australien or an African Pack. These continents are really underrepresented in the game.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    I'm a bit disappointed its not American world because I feel like the mid west region gets ignored.Still I am glad it's still a country theme world.Cottage core is one my favorite styles.I hope we get faries as well.So this pack will be my dream come true.
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited June 2021
    I would dearly love a rural countryside pack set in Scotland or England. (To me the name of the village or whatever it is sounds more English than Scottish, but what do I know?) It would be easy to introduce fairies or elves to such a pack, and it would feel fairly natural for them to be included. I hope this means that we would also get a farming pack of a very traditional sort that would include livestock. I've read that 2/3rds of the agriculture of England is raising livestock, mostly cattle and sheep. If they pick this location as the setting of a new world, then I hope that means we'll be getting those farm animals like cows, goats and sheep. It would be nice to have dairy products (milk, cheese, butter, clotted cream) and wool coming from these animals, of different levels of quality (depending on how well the animals were raised) just like the garden produce has different levels of quality. It would also be nice to have chickens (English varieties naturally), geese and ducks (and eggs, along with a few new baked goods, as a result).

Some native UK fruits and herbs would nice to have too like plums, sloes, raspberries, cranberries, currants, juniper berries, hazel-nuts, and herbs like lavender, rosemary, heather, thyme and sorrel. I wonder if the mention of a Garden Stall could imply that there might be farmers' markets or country fairs where Sims could sell both fresh produce and produced goods (such as cheese, butter, jams, marmalades and jellies, baked goods) or compete in contests. Canning and/ or wine-making and brewing would be nice to have back too, ideally. If the culture of the pack is vaguely English, they could introduce a proper high tea using a real tea set, with pouring out, unique treats etc, and picnics would be nice to have back as well, and suitable to a country life.

Finally, if they wanted to add something just for the kids, they could bring back the lemonade stand from Sims 2 or the baked goods table from the Sims 3 (along with the bake oven of course). Now, I know this is unlikely because they almost never include kid specific items and kid-only activities, but I sure do miss that bake oven. It's important to be realistic even though this is going to be an EP. Additionally, I fear that if they do introduce more than one livestock animal, (such as both cattle and sheep, or cattle and chickens) and do it well, then we probably wouldn't get horses too (and I don't really see how horses could be part of this game easily without an open world). Frankly, all my speculation above is probably far too ambitious. I would honestly just be happy if we had any kind of a farming pack, with cattle and chickens (along with dairy and eggs), as well as maybe fairies.
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I'm living for the glimpse of the new world on the postcard front. I'm thinking it will be PERFECT for my decades sims. Just hoping it's not "magical" in any way like the last rural world we got.
  • Options
    CladriahCladriah Posts: 69 Member
    I'm living for the glimpse of the new world on the postcard front. I'm thinking it will be PERFECT for my decades sims. Just hoping it's not "magical" in any way like the last rural world we got.

Well.......... Prepare for some fairies.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I guess they must do Africa next to be all inclusive, which can be a great minefield depnding how they interpret the great continent
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    edited June 2021
    Cladriah wrote: »

Well.......... Prepare for some fairies.

haha! I doubt it

If I was a fan of the occult, I wouldn't want them to come on this EP. I would be crying out for a dedicated GP, although being neutral on this matter I still think werewolves will come first. If this EP has something magical will be some Gonk helping in the garden maybe? But no more than that.
    Screenshot-2021-06-08-at-15-36-06-Kritical-Error-en-Twitter.png
    Screenshot-2021-06-08-at-15-40-24-ztzc16vmoop41-png.png
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Wait, that's a gnome? I thought it was a turtle this whole time.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »

I read elsewhere that they thought it was a mushroom hahaha so you weren't too bad! It looked like a gnome when I saw the photo, but then they said about the mushroom and I thought I was seeing really bad. Then I found out through the simsvip that they were Gonks or something like that. Apparently they are a kind of crop protection in Scandinavian and Nordic cultures. So I still do not deny that the world may be in Scotland or some more Nordic.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

Now I can’t unsee the turtle. 😂
  • Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member

Now I can’t unsee the turtle. 😂

I can't see the turtle, But I am getting old.

As for all the people asking for an Australian pack, I hope they base it in a city or beach area. Otherwise they would have to make it a disaster pack. In the last few years our farmers have come out of a long drought, then been hit by floods, then bush huge fires, then floods again and now a plague of mice.

I am hoping it is based on Scotland, it is a beautiful country. :)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I can see this as a Brigadoon that lives outside of time.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    lori171957 wrote: »

This is how I interpreted it.
    i5BuPZT.png
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Wait, so the Gnome looks like a turtle. I don't see it.
  • Options
    skelebeeskelebee Posts: 101 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm being cautiously optimistic. I really hope that this rural neighborhood isn't too clean and "polished" looking, I'd prefer if it was a bit rough around the edges with some actual character.
  • Options

i5BuPZT.png

Amazing! now I'm doubting if maybe it's a turtle ... hahaha
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

i5BuPZT.png

It's a gnome leaning on a mushroom.

The "head" and the leg under the head are the mushroom. The other two legs, the shell, and the hat on the shell all belong to the Gnome
  • Options
    Now everything makes sense haha
  • Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    edited June 2021

i5BuPZT.png

Oh yes, i get it. But I think it is a gnome.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    I'm looking forward to learn more from this world. If it includes just one 64x64 lot, I'll be in heaven. I've been praying for a world that would match Britechester, and this might be perfect. I have several households currently in Del Sol Valley that I pretend are in a Britechester surrounding, hopefully I can finally get it all right :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    BB0990BB0990 Posts: 28 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I associate bagpipes and whiskey with Scotland, not cows and farming, though there just may be enough cows in Scotland to base a farming EP on it because all countries do farming. Maybe we'll get a distillery kit.
    The poor Highland Coo... probably the image of Scotland these days haha. I would love a distillery though and some gorgeous highlands grazing my fields!! I wonder how this would work though as a lot of plots in worlds are too small to fit a property and grazing land, you can barely fit a garden in most plots!
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I can see this as a Brigadoon that lives outside of time.

I thought of Brigadoon too! A great way to introduce an olde worlde style map with historical furniture and cas. Along with some fantastical people living there.

Which suddenly makes me realize how jarring I personally am going to find the pear shaped monsters in their mismatched CAS and random celebs when they decide to walk round a quaint English village.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited June 2021
    If you recall, back in 2017 they suggested the possibility of faery pack within a hidden world. It might fit with Brigadoon?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Kironide wrote: »
    If you recall, back in 2017 they suggested the possibility of faery pack within a hidden world. It might fit?

I don't think we'll get two worlds in one pack, unless the fairy world is rather tiny and consists of one lot like the other hidden worlds.