Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How I see turn-ons and turn-offs in The Sims 4

EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
After the likes and dislikes update, many have started talking about them again. But how would it look like?
For me, it should be in a seperate tab in that new trait panel button (where preferences can be set) and have the chosen turn-ons and turn-offs not affect the limit of likes and dislikes. I have other ideas for the new tabs, but that is in a different discussion.

Turn-ons and turn-offs are first available to teens and are seperated into 9 categories:
Gender, Looks, Fashion, Occult, Skills, Careers, Traits, Emotions, and Miscellaneous.
Of course the list of options will be long. Thus it would be great if each category had its own filters.

So what each category contains?
Gender: This includes things in gender settings. First options is whether sim prefers males, females, or others (those whose pronouns aren't he or she). Following that are pregnancy settings, frame, and clothing preferences.
Due to it being short, it has no filters.
Looks: This includes hair and eye color, body shape, face etc. For body shape and face, there would be one for many feature (like eye or arms etc) size. If it is set as turn-on, the bigger the feature is, the more attractive that sim is, and opposite if it is set as a turn-off. Same thing for fitness and fatness.
Filters: Hair colors, hair texture, eye color, face features, body shape, fitness and fatness.
Fashion: This includes clothing, clothing category (like everyday or swimwear), tattoos, accessories etc. It is simple: if sim has these, then they are more attractive if it is set as turn-on and opposite when set as turn-off.
Filters: Clothing, clothing category, tattoos, accessories.
Occult: This includes all permanent (vampires etc) and temporary (skeletons etc) life states. For ranked occults (vampires and spellcasters), the higher the rank is, the more attractive the sim is when it is set as a turn-on (and of course vice versa when set as turn-off).
Fitlers: Temporary, permanent.
Skills: This includes all the skills sims can learn. When set as turn-on, the higher the skill is, the more attractive the sim is (or less when set as turn-off).
Maybe here filter it by pack.
Careers: This includes all the careers sims can have. Same rules as with skills, but with career levels.
Fitlers: Full-time jobs, part-time jobs, by pack.
Traits: This includes all the traits and lifestyles (if Snowy Escape is installed). It affects the attraction scoring if sim has them.
Filters: Emotional traits, hobby traits, lifestyle traits, social traits, lifestyles (Snowy Escape)
Emotions: This includes all the emotions in game (except asleep and possessed).
No filters
Miscellaneous: Now that can include the rest. For example, how wealthy sim is.
Filters... depends.

Turn-ons and turn-offs can be set like likes and dislikes. They will then affect the attraction score in game. The higher the score is, the easier it is to romance the other sim. When it is really low, no romantic interaction will succeed.

What changes could be made to the idea? What would you like to add? Feel free to add them in this discussion! Though let's be nice to each other.

Comments

• gameliagamelia Posts: 703 Member
    These are all great ideas! I especially like the idea of Sims being attracted to certain traits. My self-Sim would be turned off by hot-headedness and non-committal Sims. The careers turn-ons and turn-offs would be especially fun as well.

I think I saw somewhere that a modder was working on an attractions mod that uses the new Likes & Dislikes system. We might be waiting forever for EA to implement ideas like this, so I'd love to find some mods.
    --+++ Simming since 2000. All packs. All in! +++--
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Also we need a turn on and turn off system before we get an online dating feature. Another idea is to bring back zodiacs.