August 12th- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

EP 11 Announcement Coming Thursday 6/10

Comments

  • GordyGordy Posts: 2,548 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I'm wondering who the second A Crumplebottom is, the 1st being Agnes?

    I think Agnes's husband from TS3 had the first name of Alan. He died before the beginning of the game, though.
    Erik.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,367 Member
    I never wanted a farming pack so why am I excited?👀😳
    Lol either way everyone is hoping for faries but I'm hoping for horssseeessssss yessss!!! They would be so useful in my world🙏🙏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 102 Member
    I hope they bring back pond tool on the base game pre-pack patch, I miss it so much
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,081 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    Reading the threads here and in speculation and chuckling at what everyone thinks that date means. Here is another theory from a tweeter

    That's a crazy coincidence if one has nothing to do with the other.
    Or some serious trolling by EA.
    HSY_my_sims.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,539 Member

    Totally looks like we're definitely getting a new world. I just hope the new EP is farming. :)

    And-Now-We-Wait.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 91,762 Member
    I wonder why their making us wait till Thursday for the trailer when they could do it Today. Iron Seagull said this may be because we might be getting more teasers ahead of the trailer.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 5,496 Member
    Yes, more postcards. Hope they add this postcard to the in game postcard collection. It would be even better if all worlds got their own postcards. If we play posties delivering postcards wonder if we will also get newspapers and magazines back.
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    I don't have high hopes for this pack. I'm of course curious, but I really want to keep my expectations as low as possible. However, I will say that if they are going to go for a Rustic English Farmhouse/Cottage aesthetic, it would be nice if we could get some exposed ceiling beams to bring the look together. I seriously doubt they're going to add ceiling decorating any time soon, but exposed beams add so much to any rustic style, it would really look great. Ceiling decorating will likely come with attics though, and I doubt it will be any time soon. A pity, because I love exposed beams. I have wanted them already for my southwestern style builds, but again, they're good for anything rustic. And yeah, I just tried, Google "Rustic English Farmhouse Inside" exposed beams all over the place. See? :lol:
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 5,496 Member
    I don't have high hopes for this pack. I'm of course curious, but I really want to keep my expectations as low as possible. However, I will say that if they are going to go for a Rustic English Farmhouse/Cottage aesthetic, it would be nice if we could get some exposed ceiling beams to bring the look together. I seriously doubt they're going to add ceiling decorating any time soon, but exposed beams add so much to any rustic style, it would really look great. Ceiling decorating will likely come with attics though, and I doubt it will be any time soon. A pity, because I love exposed beams. I have wanted them already for my southwestern style builds, but again, they're good for anything rustic. And yeah, I just tried, Google "Rustic English Farmhouse Inside" exposed beams all over the place. See? :lol:

    You can do exposed beams on the ceiling by using the spandrels without the columns.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 633 Member
    Possibly a builder for the new pack. He's been working on a secret project.


    Oooo, I hope so! I'm a big fan of Devon's build videos. He does such a great mix of old-english-cottage-meets-modern type of builds. And he just recently built an old stone watermill house that I fell in love with and had to add it to my game.

    Fingers crossed he's one of the builders for this pack!

    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I don't have high hopes for this pack. I'm of course curious, but I really want to keep my expectations as low as possible. However, I will say that if they are going to go for a Rustic English Farmhouse/Cottage aesthetic, it would be nice if we could get some exposed ceiling beams to bring the look together. I seriously doubt they're going to add ceiling decorating any time soon, but exposed beams add so much to any rustic style, it would really look great. Ceiling decorating will likely come with attics though, and I doubt it will be any time soon. A pity, because I love exposed beams. I have wanted them already for my southwestern style builds, but again, they're good for anything rustic. And yeah, I just tried, Google "Rustic English Farmhouse Inside" exposed beams all over the place. See? :lol:

    You can do exposed beams on the ceiling by using the spandrels without the columns.

    Cool. I will try that when I get back onto TS4, been playing TS3 recently, but I'll flip back over sooner or later. Thanks for the tip.
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 567 Member
    Based on this, should we expect cars too??

    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

    12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

    My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • KironideKironide Posts: 798 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »
    Based on this, should we expect cars too??


    No, sorry. A Sim guru has already debunked this idea.
  • MH92MH92 Posts: 12 New Member
    Fairies would fit it well with a pack based in the English country side; Britain has a ton of folklore on fairies, sprites, brownies etc.
    An old fashioned myth is that fairies live 'at the bottom of the garden'. :)
  • KironideKironide Posts: 798 Member
    MH92 wrote: »
    Fairies would fit it well with a pack based in the English country side; Britain has a ton of folklore on fairies, sprites, brownies etc.
    An old fashioned myth is that fairies live 'at the bottom of the garden'. :)

    True, I know its not wise to overhype, but I can't shake the idea that something magical might be included in this pack.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 3,992 Member
    Henford.

    Who sees chicken coops coming?

    We ought to get horses with the countryside. Fairies deserve a pack to themselves. In fact they both do.
    Just because I bought most of the Packs at full price doesn't mean I don't know when I'm being ripped off, especially now that I can't buy Bundles.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 798 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Henford.

    Fairies deserve a pack to themselves. In fact they both do.

    I agree, but that's not stopped them in the past. i.e. Mermaids and Aliens
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 817 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I don't have high hopes for this pack. I'm of course curious, but I really want to keep my expectations as low as possible. However, I will say that if they are going to go for a Rustic English Farmhouse/Cottage aesthetic, it would be nice if we could get some exposed ceiling beams to bring the look together. I seriously doubt they're going to add ceiling decorating any time soon, but exposed beams add so much to any rustic style, it would really look great. Ceiling decorating will likely come with attics though, and I doubt it will be any time soon. A pity, because I love exposed beams. I have wanted them already for my southwestern style builds, but again, they're good for anything rustic. And yeah, I just tried, Google "Rustic English Farmhouse Inside" exposed beams all over the place. See? :lol:

    You can do exposed beams on the ceiling by using the spandrels without the columns.

    This is information I never knew I needed! Some of my Windenburg houses may be getting a make-over today. :wink:

    Thank you @crocobaura

    So, any other Sim sleuths? This is what I want to find out by Thursday!

    Who is the other "A" Crumplebottom? I don't know much about the Crumplebottom family, but as far as I know the only "A" is Agnes? Maybe they are rebooting the Crumplebottom family and they are family members we haven't met yet?

    What is the significance of the date on the postcard? Although in guessing there isn't any significance really. :smile:


  • lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 127 Member
    Question for all who want horses: what would you expect from them considering it’s not an open world and you can’t travel lot to lot with them ( except for magically appearing to a new one with it)? Would they be mainly for breeding and show training skills? Not saying I wouldn’t love horses as long as the unicorn comes back but I think I would be disappointed with them. Now I’m all down for chickens, cows, pigs, etc.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,271 Member
    edited June 2021
    To be honest I'm kind of disappointed by the location, we already have a lot of rural grassland cold country town type locations (Granite Falls, Windenburg, Glimmerbrook, Newcrest, Willow Creek, parts of Mt Komorebi and Brindleton Bay) and I really want to see something new. I just feel like the whole green grass and oak tree thing is so overdone and I really want to see some landscapes we don't already have like Morocco, Egypt, Mediterranean coast, Brazil, etc
  • KironideKironide Posts: 798 Member
    lovemy4s wrote: »
    Question for all who want horses: what would you expect from them considering it’s not an open world and you can’t travel lot to lot with them ( except for magically appearing to a new one with it)? Would they be mainly for breeding and show training skills? Not saying I wouldn’t love horses as long as the unicorn comes back but I think I would be disappointed with them. Now I’m all down for chickens, cows, pigs, etc.

    I take your point that it would be difficult to try to use horses as a form of transport in the game, due to the current world limitation, but you could still ride horses on larger lots, or maybe do show jumping type events, or you could just keep and care for them as if they are a beloved overlarge pets: grooming, braiding and mucking-out type activities. Also, horse manure could be used as a good fertiliser, so in a sense they do produce something. :)
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,367 Member
    lovemy4s wrote: »
    Question for all who want horses: what would you expect from them considering it’s not an open world and you can’t travel lot to lot with them ( except for magically appearing to a new one with it)? Would they be mainly for breeding and show training skills? Not saying I wouldn’t love horses as long as the unicorn comes back but I think I would be disappointed with them. Now I’m all down for chickens, cows, pigs, etc.

    I expect them to work like bikes except hopefully they don't go in and out of inventory 🤣🤣
    My sims ride bikes all the time all over the districts they just can't enter lots without loading but the rest is open. I even downloaded a skate, skateboard and scooter mod and they ride that around too. Horses would be fun to care for and would totally add to my walking dead/evergreen harbor apocalypse theme 😎
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 356 Member
    lovemy4s wrote: »
    Question for all who want horses: what would you expect from them considering it’s not an open world and you can’t travel lot to lot with them ( except for magically appearing to a new one with it)? Would they be mainly for breeding and show training skills? Not saying I wouldn’t love horses as long as the unicorn comes back but I think I would be disappointed with them. Now I’m all down for chickens, cows, pigs, etc.

    Disclaimer, I didn't play sims 3 (just 1, 2 & 4) so I'm not sure how they worked before, but I want them now.

    I don't see horses as a mode of transport really, just as another hobby. I used to do horse riding but it was never a mode of transport, it's a hobby. I rode at stables or out in the countryside for leisure, but not going anywhere.

    I would like to have a stable lot type where you could ride around, clean up, practice jumps and such. Maybe have special routes in the world where you could go riding, maybe like the hiking trails in Mt. Komorebi or use it like bikes in other world where you can jog and cycle randomly around. Also if you could have lessons it would be good (like how yoga works in spa day) and a new kids after school activity would also be nice as we need more of those (even if it's rabbit hole). The other option would be have your own horse on your lot and a small stable stall object they lived in. You could ride around your lot or ride to a stable if you want it. I would like to see a horse lover trait and a new career as an equestrian (maybe a work from home style one, can do at stable or rabbit hole).

    I don't see a reason to need open world at all. Maybe the option to use it like a bike to go places, but I don't really need that. I heard there were random stray ones in sims 3 but that makes no sense to me, stray horses are not common like dogs/cats so I'd rather not have any. To me it isn't like a car that benefits from open world. Tbh part of me hopes it's in a game pack instead so it's more fleshed out but I just want them lol.
  • simmerbin16simmerbin16 Posts: 46 Member
    I read somewhere that it'd be like an expansion pack focused on elders, living the quiet life in the rural areas. Also, is this the first time any sim had a mention of a mayor? and the tourism campaign? I know we had the politician career in City Living but it is a rabbit hole.
    Just don't get hyped up too much if it's not the thing you want it to be.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top