Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP 11 Announcement Coming Thursday 6/10

Comments

• HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I'm wondering who the second A Crumplebottom is, the 1st being Agnes?

My memory of this is a little fuzzy, but didn't younger Agnes in TS3 have a sister in the same household, possibly one whose name also started with "A"?

Looking up Agnes Crumplebottom on the Sims fandom wiki thing says that the Sims 4 Get Together intro video has an Agnus Crumplebottom that liked the video. Either misspelling for Agnes or there's the possible second A?
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    The postcard is postmarked for 11/04/2019. Puzzling. 🤔

Here's my theory:

Fairy Folk.

Fairy folk live in realms in which time is different to ours.

I was thinking (actually, hoping) something similar. As long as I don't have to farm in fairyland, I'll be there.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member

Here's my theory:

Fairy Folk.

Fairy folk live in realms in which time is different to ours.

Let's say on the 11th of April 2019 I'm about to post a letter to my Aunt. I'll call her Aunt Abigail for the sake of this story.
    On my way to the nearest post box I get distracted by the sound of bells 'n giggles and all of a sudden I notice twinkling lights inside a ring of toadstools. I step into the ring and

*POOF*!

I find myself in a fairy realm. (This actually happened to me many times...)

So I wander around for a bit, have some good times with the wee folk and drink from buttercups full of honeydew before I decide to go home and tell everybody about this awesome place. But wait! Here's this friendly fairy examining the letter in my hand and he says:

"Sure,why don't ye give that to me and I'll post it for ya."

And I say: "Are you sure now?"

And the wee lad says: "Sure sure nay worries at all at all! It'll arrive at the destination the moment ye get home."

And I say: "Grand so, cheers" and I hand over the letter to him and leave.

That little visit lasted give or take... 45 minutes or so?

But here's the thing:

Once home, I will realize that the world isn't the same as the one before I stepped through Toadstool Portal.
    In fact, I ask the sweet old lady sitting on that bench over there what day and time it is and she answers:

"Why of course my dear boy, it's the 7th of June 2021."

At that very moment my postcard drops onto Aunt Abigail's old doormat...

You're lucky you didn't turn to dust the minute you left Underhill! :D
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Ooohhhhh am I finally getting my farming EP :love: aw man I hope so. It sounds like it! And it'd be the first pack in a long while I could be genuinely excited about 😊
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Possibly a builder for the new pack. He's been working on a secret project.

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I was just thinking, it could also be a B&B type pack with real hotel-like gameplay, a new romance system, nectar and baguettes or whatever lol. I sure hope it's farming though. But keeping the hopes down for now. I remember when I thought EL could be farming xD
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member

The sleuth in me thought maybe it correlated with the release of a previous pack for a possible clue. But as far as I can see there was nothing released on 11th of April or 4th of November of 2019 (I looked at both dates as England and America write short-hand dates differently). The closest I could find was that DU was released on the 15th of November 2019, which has the England inspired setting in common.

In conclusion, I have far too much time on my hands and become Jessica Fletcher when I'm bored.

My other thought, was maybe the original release was meant for 2019, but was pushed back for whatever reason and they just didn't change it?

I know we aren't meant to speculate, but it sure is fun. :smile:
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

My memory of this is a little fuzzy, but didn't younger Agnes in TS3 have a sister in the same household, possibly one whose name also started with "A"?
    Agnes' sister is Cornelia Goth, Mortimer's mother. I don't remember another Crumplebottom character who's name starts with 'A', unless it's the name of Mrs. Crumplebottom from Sims 2 Nightlife, which is a different one.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    By wild coincidence, Agnes's wife was also surnamed Crumplebottom.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member

The moniker Country Bumpkin comes to mind. I'll be over the moon if horses come with. But if not I will still enjoy the countryside. Will just continue with my Sims 3 horses. Sigh...
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Farming/Horses Expansion. CALLED IT.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I’m really really really excited. I just want a new world, chicken, cows, canning station that is not computerized, and new recipes.

Someone mentioned picnic basket and now I want those too or maybe tea.

I don’t think that will get horses or fairies in the pack.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member

ummm....IL had mermaids, GTW had aliens, though they werent as in depth as occults with a whole GP dedicated to them sure, but they were there, so this statement isn't completely accurate.
    If anything we can not expect for an occult or "second theme" to be too in depth, if added, but that is all.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I'm willing to wait on horses if we don't get them. They can appear in a few other pack themes, and horses are popular enough with the target audience to almost guarantee that they'll appear again. I can get more use out of caring for multiple farm animals and harvesting their drops, than just taking care of horses. Plus, pigs, sheep and chickens could easily fit in my sims' houses, so they can be casual pets for non-farmers.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member

I

LOVE

Devon Bumpkin.

He has such great builds and I feel he's really underrated.

5vJrxmT.png
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited June 2021
    favriel wrote: »
    So strange that they released the country kitchen kit just a few months before this. There must be another kitchen set coming in the pack, otherwise once again there would be huge backlash about selling content cut from other packs. Adding yet another country kitchen set would lead to less people buying the kit in the future so I don't think that is happening, but I just can't see what other decor style they could use in a world inspired by the English countryside.
    I don’t think it would stop people from buying that kit if they want a set like that. It’s very old style and cheap looking which goes great in run down houses, but if I want to make a beautiful farm house I’d want other options for sure.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member

I really want this date to mean something but I'm coming up with nothing. I tried adding up the numbers a few different ways and the results never stood out. But 1+1+4+2+1+9 equals 18 if anyone's interested. :D

I hope we at least get chickens and cows, with eggs, butter churning, cheese making and non-blue milk 😛
    Ah yes, green milk!
  • aspernaspern Posts: 18 Member
    I’m hoping to see the pond tool for build mode re-introduced with this pack as a basegame update because that seems fitting.

also me want ponds
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I'm hoping it's farming enough that it will satisfy most of the people calling for farming.
    I hope it has chickens, and rabbits (Angora, so they have a use other than food) and sheep, and llamas and cattle... maybe ducks and geese.
    Horses would be a nice bonus.

Hopefully, no Occults so that they can get a propper focused pack.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Reading the threads here and in speculation and chuckling at what everyone thinks that date means. Here is another theory from a tweeter
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'm hoping it's farming enough that it will satisfy most of the people calling for farming.
    I hope it has chickens, and rabbits (Angora, so they have a use other than food) and sheep, and llamas and cattle... maybe ducks and geese.
    Horses would be a nice bonus.

Hopefully, no Occults so that they can get a propper focused pack.

You probably need to scale it back. :p
    We'll probably get chickens. Maybe cows.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    We could get ducks and geese; they could just be reskins of chickens, and without drops. (Or they drop sellable eggs, which are basically just chicken eggs.) Llamas and bunnies, I would love but the former might be too costly.

Somewhat unrelated, but farming has been a super prevalent theory for the pack, as were cards. Whereas cars were deconfirmed almost immediately, the gurus haven't denied farms or farm animals yet. A good sign, right?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member

I think Agnes's husband from TS3 had the first name of Alan. He died before the beginning of the game, though.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Cant say Im feeling any major hype from this and it sounds farming related, and if it is farming this EP I wont be in a real rush to have. Hopefully this new world will have tons of lots to work with.