Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's on your menu tonight?

Comments

• February11February11 Posts: 12,653 Member
    I'm doing scallop bisque with a doorstep of buttered soy and linseed bread
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    @PriestessDreadful thanks for asking after me, it was that I was still recovering from gallbladder surgery. Doing much better now :)

I grilled boneless skinless chicken breast outside this afternoon, and also thick-sliced Spanish onions, so that with some fresh spinach, was dinner.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    @PriestessDreadful thanks for asking after me, it was that I was still recovering from gallbladder surgery. Doing much better now :)

Oh that sounds so very unpleasant. It's always hard getting an appetite back after surgery. :(
    vegetable biriyani
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Yubuchobap, although I think the recipe Google recommended me is Westernized.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    edited April 2021

I had to google that. It sounds interesting.
    I found a recipe called market gardeners pie. It sounds like an odd combination, but I'm giving that a go.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    February11 wrote: »

I found a recipe called market gardeners pie. It sounds like an odd combination, but I'm giving that a go.

The Pressreader one was off the wall, but the other ones I saw look like vegetarian Shepherds Pies. Looks good, I may have to try it some time next Fall!

Google just recommended me an Instapot recipe (I'm always looking for more, my Instapot has pretty much turned into a rice cooker 😅) for something called Shipwreck Casserole, and I must say, the recipe definitely lived up to its name. 🤨
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Hot ginger and lemongrass tea sounds good to me. For hubs, I grilled boneless skinless chicken breast a couple of days ago and thin-sliced it, and that along with pasta, a pot of beans, and salad greens are ready for him to forage from.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited April 2021
    February11 wrote: »

The Pressreader one was off the wall, but the other ones I saw look like vegetarian Shepherds Pies. Looks good, I may have to try it some time next Fall!

Google just recommended me an Instapot recipe (I'm always looking for more, my Instapot has pretty much turned into a rice cooker 😅) for something called Shipwreck Casserole, and I must say, the recipe definitely lived up to its name. 🤨

I actually changed tack as I began getting the ingredients out and made a vegetarian shepherds pie. Somehow pumpkin, lentils and beetroot didn't for it for me. I had already swapped kale for baby spinach. I do have odd taste buds, but that combination, I couldn't get my head around.

Edit -I just googled lentil, beetroot and pumpkin recipes and there are a lot out there, but not with the other ingredients that were thrown into the other equation.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    [quote="February11;c-17856926"]I'm doing scallop bisque with a doorstep of buttered soy and linseed bread[/quote]

This sounds delicious! I've had scallops but never scallop bisque, ill have to give it a go.

Perhaps a boring one, but today is "Stir Fryday" here, simple meal for the end of the week.
    The scallop bisque was gorgeous! There are plenty of recipes for it on the net, and all pretty similar.

I'm doing Pasta with asparagus tonight with homemade olive and basil tapenade.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    Linguine with Pesto Sauce
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,861 Member
    Lasagna with Italian sausage.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Ordered ramen, sushi, and calamari from my favourite sushi place.

Didn't realize they close delivery so early though so I seem to be stuck in what is probably a combo supper and end of night rush and its a very long wait for my food. I'm so hungry now and it's over an hour wait so chances are I'll just snack on cheese and crackers and then be too full when my delivery comes lol. Still eating the ramen though cause I've wanted it for weeks... I'll just utilize the dessert stomach for ramen instead lol.
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    Hot wings & potato salad
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    Gonna see if I can make some Teriyaki Glazed Salmon tonight. Throw in some riced cauliflower and string beans. We'll see how it goes.

(For reference)

Teriyaki-Baked-Salmon-550.jpg
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    @Arkane Mmm salmon is my favourite, never tried it like that though. I like cauliflower rice too, needs a lot of seasoning though I find.

Tonight I did home made butternut squash and red pepper soup with fried rosemary and thyme bread for dipping. (Unfortunately I wasn't keeping a close enough eye on it and ended up with an orange speckled kitchen wall....soup was delicious though).
    That salmon does look good. The last time I did cauliflower rice it turned into more cauliflower mash! :D
    Tonight I'm going to do pasta shells puttanesca and garlic bread.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Sammytrey00Sammytrey00 Posts: 17 New Member
    It’s a pizza. I think God personally created it. I’m always ready to eat it on breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Waiting on delivery. The neighborhood pub takes the already heavenly cheese buns from the neighborhood bakery across the lot from them and loads them up with roast beef, mushrooms and peppers. I haven't tried them yet but they sound amazing. I wanted them to be my post vaccine treat but thought the pub closed on Mondays but I guess they recently started opening Mondays so yay!

I have those and a pizza on the way. Their pizza is decent I could get better pizza cheaper which was my original backup plan when I thought I had to do something else but to try those cheese buns it's soooo worth it.
    I'm doing Spicy Citrus Prawns & Scallops tonight. Not sure if to do it with rice or pasta.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • elinnnstarelinnnstar Posts: 36 Member
    Pizza!
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    edited September 2021
    Not sure yet, but probably going out to eat somewhere. I'll edit this when I figure it out.

Edit: Hamburger and Triple Chocolate Brownie at Dairy Queen.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
    Indian home delivery tonight.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    Asparagus and Pea Risotto
    MLgj4Vx.png