Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    @BlackUndecimber Thank you so much ;-; I'm glad you like it! I love having big windows in my houses, and although I didn't bother with one here I love using the glass roof as well since the houses look so pretty when they're all naturally lit up.
    they/them or she/her
    @DeafSimmer Thank you so much ;-;
    they/them or she/her
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i wish i could stay home mc updateted today and ruined alecs life last night.
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Hello! I have a new Cole's Adventures in Riverview chapter for you! After Cole heard a lot about the Shallow Family, he has the opportunity to meet Tom Shallow.

Cole's Adventures in Riverview Chapter 9: A Big Moment
    vu8uHrZ.jpg
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Dollyllama108Dollyllama108 Posts: 268 Member
    Hot durn---thank you @InfraGreen for the mention. Are we still doing recs? Because:

BAKINGBYDEATHBAKINGBYDEATHBAKINGBYDEATHBAKINGBYDEATHBAKINGBYDEATH by @FeroshaCoutora. I'd promote it ahead of my own work, it's that good. A well-executed, morally complex story about reality TV and god wars.

And I second Blackwell Chronicles and Between 2 Worlds (I've gotten extremely behind on B2W but did get mildly addicted to the parts I read). Nuanced, messy stories are my catnip.
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
    Haunted: Picture Oscar Wilde dating Willy Wonka, also Oscar Wilde is still dead
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @SnowBnuuy Ooh, that house looks so fun! I really like the harmonious colours and the different themes/aesthetics in different rooms!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Also hello lovely people! Here's the newest chapter to Forget-Me-Not!

Chapter 50: Calculating
    xfzucFM.jpg

Heart-to-hearts and plans in the dead of night.

I hope you all stay safe and happy!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    @RipuAncestor Thank you so much ;u; I’m glad you like the colours, I was worried they looked awful : p
    they/them or she/her
    I spent three days writing another messy text-wall on the lore behind one of my SimLit universes.
    they/them or she/her
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    we're looking into getting a new computer
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited June 2021
    The postcard teaser-looking thing posted in Announcements was interesting, looks like a cute little English countryside town, although Henford-on-Bagley sounds like a slightly ridiculous-sounding attempt at an English town name, if I'm honest : P Feel like just Henford would have sounded nicer. It looks cute though!
    they/them or she/her
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited June 2021
    @SnowBnuuy: don't disagree about the name but if they're bringing the Crumplebottoms back as townies then I hope it's a hint that the Bagleys come back too.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    @SnowBnuuy Ohh yeah, I forgot about the Bagley family! Maybe you're right in that it's a hint.
    they/them or she/her
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @SnowBnuuy: don't disagree about the name but if they're bringing the Crumplebottoms back as townies then I hope it's a hint that the Bagleys come back too.

i know who the cumplebottoms are i don't remember the bagleys.
  • tinyv0idcattinyv0idcat Posts: 90 Member
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    The postcard teaser-looking thing posted in Announcements was interesting, looks like a cute little English countryside town, although Henford-on-Bagley sounds like a slightly ridiculous-sounding attempt at an English town name, if I'm honest : P Feel like just Henford would have sounded nicer. It looks cute though!

Tbh, a lot of English place-names are arguably even more ridiculous sounding than Henford-on-Bagley, so I think it fits right in :D Can't wait to find out more details!
    MnLhKCU.jpg

They were the criminal family in TS3's Riverview (since every town needed one it seems)

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member

Ooh looks intriguing! Would definitely welcome a quaint English town, even though Britechester sort of has that sort vibe already - but worlds that compliment each other are always a good addition in my book! As for the name... well, we got used to San Myshuno being a thing :lol:

They were the criminal family in TS3's Riverview (since every town needed one it seems)

oh them i didn't play them much. i have sims 2 but not installed its kind of slow.
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

Ooh looks intriguing! Would definitely welcome a quaint English town, even though Britechester sort of has that sort vibe already - but worlds that compliment each other are always a good addition in my book! As for the name... well, we got used to San Myshuno being a thing :lol:

i recently got britbox. i love the towns in midsummer murders. so i can't wait to see the town.

I'm sometimes bothered by TS4 worlds that seem to exist in isolation from the rest. Like how Willow Creek, Newcrest, and Magnolia Promenade all feel like neighbors (I'll argue for San Myshuno too thanks to Newcrest's skyline) but I gotta cram everything I need in Oasis Springs into Oasis Springs unless I have to slam the brakes on my narrative and explain why we gotta travel to another country every day (well I still find a way to anyways) Now at least Britechester isn't so isolated.

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member

i recently got britbox. i love the towns in midsummer murders. so i can't wait to see the town.

Amazingly you're the second person I've heard mention that show today! I do like Midsomer Murders, makes me nostalgic - my mum always watched that when I was younger :)

I'm sometimes bothered by TS4 worlds that seem to exist in isolation from the rest. Like how Willow Creek, Newcrest, and Magnolia Promenade all feel like neighbors (I'll argue for San Myshuno too thanks to Newcrest's skyline) but I gotta cram everything I need in Oasis Springs into Oasis Springs unless I have to slam the brakes on my narrative and explain why we gotta travel to another country every day (well I still find a way to anyways) Now at least Britechester isn't so isolated.

Yes! I agree completely. I tend to only allow my sims to travel to places they could logistically get to quickly, so the idea of casually hoping between Windenburg, Newcrest and Sulani gives me a migraine (unless I'm positioning it as them going on a holiday or I'm in a save where I can justify it by magic, haha). I tend to group Britechester with Windenburg and Glimmerbrook, but this looks like it will work even better!
    @InfraGreen It's cool that you mentioned that actually, and it's interesting to see your thoughts since I've been wondering in my head of the rough 'geography' of the Sim worlds in relation to each other. It's roughly outlined across my stories, but not terribly specifically since I am too pea-brained to work out exact distances and such. Also I haven't had all the worlds make an appearance yet. Sorry if this sounds jumbled, I'm not very good at explaining things or arranging ideas. (It's in Spoiler tags just to keep things neat and not wanting to post a text-wall.)
    In my own 'universe', Willow Creek, Britechester and Glimmerbrook are all fairly close to each other, as is Granite Falls which is far out north of WC. Magnolia Promenade and Newcrest haven't yet appeared but I agree with you on them being neighbouring with Willow Creek. HoB I imagine will probably be somewhere close-ish to Glimmerbrook as part of the more rural side of things. Collectively it almost makes up the England analogue in my works. Forgotten Hollow is there somewhere too, but not sure where abouts in relation to everything else.

In my own writings, Oasis Springs I imagine to be quite far-out from it all, but not considered another country. Oasis Springs would probably sort of bridge the gap between this whole 'area' I mentioned above, and the rough area surrounding San Myshuno which makes up the rough America analogue of the whole place.

San Myshuno and Del Sol Valley are close to each other, with Windenburg being a bit further out. Strangerville is quite far out south of the two. Evergreen Harbour I imagine would be somewhere near SM and Windenburg as well. Brindleton Bay is a part of this general area's more rural place if that makes any sense.

Sulani, Selvadorada and Mt.Komorebi are all considered separate countries to the above two 'areas'. Champs Les Sims, Al Simhara and Shang Simla all still exist in the universe as well as separate countries, but they're only mentioned offhand. Batuu is just irrelevant and doesn't exist in my writings at all, and Sixam is about the same distance as Saturn from Earth. I get around the whole time frame of space travel by there just being general improvements in space-travel technology thanks to Sixamians or something.
    they/them or she/her
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,955 Member
    I’ve thought about where the different worlds are in relation to each other, but not seriously.
    Henford-on-Bagley... it sounds weird because Bagley is two syllables like Hanford is. Most places I can think of, off the top of my head, that use the x-on-y construction aren’t like that, the second word only has one syllable. Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Kingston-upon-Hull, etc.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top