Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP 11 Announcement Coming Thursday 6/10

Comments

• Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member

Functional Watermills?

I want one so badly, I hope we will get one. We have a watermill in Windenburg, but it's part of the world.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Old English countryside would be the bees knees. I'd love love love to go pony trekking someday on a visit to the other side of the big pond and visit all those quaint little villages.

Hoping there's horses. Feels like my game is a little incomplete without them. Just finished planting my deck pots (lavender, rosemary, mint, dianthus and an aloe vera) so the timing for this pack seems apropos.

CSKVR6ol.jpg
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I'm a little excited for the Crumplebottom, not gonna lie. They probably won't be related to the Goths in-game though which is a bit of a shame.
  • Options
    BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    I find the name very clever... Henford could refer to hens, thus some small animals for farming. Bagley... referring to Agnes’ famous handbag!?! I feel like there could be some element of romance combined with the farming. Otherwise why bring Mrs Crumplebottom back in this pack?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    The postcard is postmarked for 11/04/2019. Puzzling. 🤔

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    come on thursday
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited June 2021
    Henford on Bagley.

That sounds extremely English. I don't know if there's a single place on the planet with a name like 'anything on something' outside of the English parts of the UK (queue the list of a few thousand of them to remind me of my own West-Side Megacity regionalism ;) ).

But when I hear that I think of shows on PBS in the days before the Internet that I'd see older white people of the nicer variety watching. People that had cats, and liked to read books with coffee.

I'm thinking of some place where I'm building a bunch of cottages and filling them up with Elder sims, one fryer, and one semi-retired constable.

Any sim younger than 'adult' would be magnetically repelled from the whole zone. ;)
    Onverser wrote: »
    So the legendary Agnes Crumplebottom is making a return?

I suppose if the EP is rural-England themed, the random sim name generator might get a bunch of new entries relevant to that. Names like Agnes (which might already be in there but I've never seen it. It's also pretty rare in my part of North America so I always mentally associate a name like that with old PBS TV shows).

This EP, if it's what folks are speculating it might be, would definitely NOT be my thing. But we'll see how it shapes up.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    My hopes for a country/farming EP:

-New harvestables
    -Chicken coop
    -Cow dairy
    -Goat corral
    -Sheep corral
    -Greenhouses
    -Composting bin
    -Horses
    -Butter churn
    -Nectar making
    -Forging
    -Sewing or weaving
    -Canning station
    -Attic tool for build
    -Pizza oven
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    A new world is mainly what I want.
    More room for all these sims in my rotation to spread out.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Gotta say I am excited. Be it farming, nature, or just a slice of rural life it will fit perfectly into my game.
  • Options
    candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    Mak27 wrote: »
    My hopes for a country/farming EP:

-New harvestables
    -Chicken coop
    -Cow dairy
    -Goat corral
    -Sheep corral
    -Greenhouses
    -Composting bin
    -Horses
    -Butter churn
    -Nectar making
    -Forging
    -Sewing or weaving
    -Canning station
    -Attic tool for build
    -Pizza oven

Don't forget the llamas.
    ;)
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Jyotai wrote: »
    Henford on Bagley.

That sounds extremely English. I don't know if there's a single place on the planet with a name like 'anything on something' outside of the English parts of the UK (queue the list of a few thousand of them to remind me of my own West-Side Megacity regionalism ;) ).

It's quite common in many different places... just not all in places where English is the native language. It happens all the time in Germany, for instance Frankfurt am Main or Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    It would be cool if it was farming related, maybe a new world with horses? I could recreate my sims 3 family interior decorator turned housewife to a farmer with way too many chillys, I'd take that all the way :D but if not that's fine too curious though.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    favrielfavriel Posts: 72 Member
    So strange that they released the country kitchen kit just a few months before this. There must be another kitchen set coming in the pack, otherwise once again there would be huge backlash about selling content cut from other packs. Adding yet another country kitchen set would lead to less people buying the kit in the future so I don't think that is happening, but I just can't see what other decor style they could use in a world inspired by the English countryside.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    WWDC and a Farming Pack all in one day. Today was a great day <3
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    I am not overhyping myself, but some of the things I would like to see in UK inspired world with a rural setting would include:
    - new harvesting plants (corn, wheat, etc.)
    - farmer's market/grocery shopping
    - return of picnic baskets
    - functional tea sets
    - cottagecore aestethics in BB and CAS
    - animals like chicken, sheep, llamas, horses (raised them for eggs, wool, horseriding/breeding)
    - new kids activities that would make sense for rural setting (treehouses, kid's bike, ...)
    - I also think it would be a good pack to add back slow dancing
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I afraid that we will receive a gameplay restricted to the new world, which will be tiny (10-14 lots) and full of fake textures.
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I'm wondering who the second A Crumplebottom is, the 1st being Agnes?
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    favriel wrote: »
    So strange that they released the country kitchen kit just a few months before this. There must be another kitchen set coming in the pack, otherwise once again there would be huge backlash about selling content cut from other packs. Adding yet another country kitchen set would lead to less people buying the kit in the future so I don't think that is happening, but I just can't see what other decor style they could use in a world inspired by the English countryside.
    Well, they did this other way around, and I will say it's a smarter move. I guess there will be only a few players who won't buy a whole EP only because a kitchen set was cut out of it, no matter how critical people will be. Farming is a highly requested theme.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited June 2021
    BK747 wrote: »
    I find the name very clever... Henford could refer to hens, thus some small animals for farming. Bagley... referring to Agnes’ famous handbag!?! I feel like there could be some element of romance combined with the farming. Otherwise why bring Mrs Crumplebottom back in this pack?
    When you rearrange the letters in "Henford on Bagley," you get Be Dragon, Hone Fly (referring to being a dragon and mastering flight), or Dragon Feebly Hon, or One Dragon, F. Helby (Helbey being a rare English/Bengali name, F being their first initial - like how we got A & A Crumplebottom), or Dragon, Fone Helby. ("Fone" is recognized in several dictionary sites as slang and respelling of the word "phone.")
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I'm wondering who the second A Crumplebottom is, the 1st being Agnes?

My memory of this is a little fuzzy, but didn't younger Agnes in TS3 have a sister in the same household, possibly one whose name also started with "A"?
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    The postcard is postmarked for 11/04/2019. Puzzling. 🤔

Here's my theory:

Fairy Folk.

Fairy folk live in realms in which time is different to ours.

Let's say on the 11th of April 2019 I'm about to post a letter to my Aunt. I'll call her Aunt Abigail for the sake of this story.
    On my way to the nearest post box I get distracted by the sound of bells 'n giggles and all of a sudden I notice twinkling lights inside a ring of toadstools. I step into the ring and

*POOF*!

I find myself in a fairy realm. (This actually happened to me many times...)

So I wander around for a bit, have some good times with the wee folk and drink from buttercups full of honeydew before I decide to go home and tell everybody about this awesome place. But wait! Here's this friendly fairy examining the letter in my hand and he says:

"Sure,why don't ye give that to me and I'll post it for ya."

And I say: "Are you sure now?"

And the wee lad says: "Sure sure nay worries at all at all! It'll arrive at the destination the moment ye get home."

And I say: "Grand so, cheers" and I hand over the letter to him and leave.

That little visit lasted give or take... 45 minutes or so?

But here's the thing:

Once home, I will realize that the world isn't the same as the one before I stepped through Toadstool Portal.
    In fact, I ask the sweet old lady sitting on that bench over there what day and time it is and she answers:

"Why of course my dear boy, it's the 7th of June 2021."

At that very moment my postcard drops onto Aunt Abigail's old doormat...

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    I afraid that we will receive a gameplay restricted to the new world, which will be tiny (10-14 lots) and full of fake textures.

I could live with 14, though I would certainly love more. 10 would be deeply disappointing.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 will the fairies in game have Irish accents too? 🤭 and we'll done on spotting the water wheel 😁

Horses are something I do not think we will get, they would be a bit like cars really... where ya gonna ride them to in a closed world? If you owned a horse you'd need an awfully large lot to keep it on!

Maybe they will actually fix the gardening bug in time for this pack release...

I hope we at least get chickens and cows, with eggs, butter churning, cheese making and non-blue milk 😛