Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Pack to get announced soon(Cottage Living Confirmed)!!!!

Comments

• Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    😭😭😭😭😭 at last!! I’d be so happy for farming or romance or fairies and the world looks gorgeous!!!!
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I love how they're bringing back iconic sims from old games now, first Bonehilda and now Agnes Crumplebottom
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Fear. I worry this is less about farming and more about living in the countryside. All the "_______ Living" packs have been bad. (Snowy Escape is just a Living pack without the name, imo. Like they knee the last two were bad so they tried to hide the connection with a rename.)

Please be farming with animals. This seems very English and rural, maybe it could be a dragon pack?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Fear. I worry this is less about farming and more about living in the countryside. All the "_______ Living" packs have been bad. (Snowy Escape is just a Living pack without the name, imo. Like they knee the last two were bad so they tried to hide the connection with a rename.)

Please be farming with animals. This seems very English and rural, maybe it could be a dragon pack?

Maybe no dragons, but I definitely expect to see horses. What is English countryside without their horses?
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Maybe no dragons, but I definitely expect to see horses. What is English countryside without their horses?
    We won't need horses if we can fly on the backs of dragons.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Looks like it's gonna be the 3rd UK-inspired world. We have Windenburg and the town in Discover University that are UK-inspired.

You might think they are but we British know that Windenberg is nothing like any town in Britain, more like one on the European Continent somewhere. and the town in Discover University is only what an American thinks a university town is like here. It plays more like an American university.

I'm surprised if it is an English country town, unless it is small farming with a fairy-tale type twist. There is a dwarf and a toadstool at the bottom of the letter put on Twitter. Small farming or backyard farming that we do here would suit those small lots better though. Self sufficiency might be the theme for the pack and go with Eco lifestyle.

Maybe many of Sims 4 players are in Britain or it suits us best?
  • Options
    MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    I can’t wait for June 10th. I hope this expansion pack is interesting and will turns out to be maybe farming, fairies, or maybe both. And again, keep my excitement low.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member

Could be a Welsh inspired pack a dragon is on their flag and I believe their national animal.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    It defintely seems to be a UK-inspired countryside world, but it still doesn't exactly scream "farming" to me. I could be wrong of course though.
    Unless farming/farm animals is just going to be a PART of the pack and not the sole focus?

The word "Charming" still makes me think of Prince Charming, so I think some update or form of romance may be coming. Even if not a fairy tale themed pack. Plus the mention of Crumplebottom.

Actually, thinking more about this... could this pack possibly be a bit Victorian-Inspired as well? Or at least the town, since I doubt we'd actually get a Victorian themed pack. That would certaintly fit the "charming" description, could inlude romance as well?

Honestly, as long as it's not strictly farming, I'd probably be pretty interested in the pack. The world defintely looks gorgeous.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    If the town name is a skit on Henley on Thames it should, by rights include rowing for which it is famous. I wouldn't mind horses though as Henley on Thames is the sort of place where a lot of people own them! It's posh!

I expect, as usual I'll be wrong though. :D
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Also I did some research on each seperate part of the name

"Henford" is the name of a Nursing/Retirement home in Warminister, England. It's called "Henford House Care Home" - Maybe we're getting something for elders in this pack/the pre-pack update? Like a retirement home lot type/trait? Or just more for elders?

"Bagley" Is also the name of an actual town in England that's near a moor. I know nothing about argriculture and what type of land you need for farming, so I don't know whether a moor would lean in favor of or against farming.

• Options
    Hmm I don’t want to be a bummer but I’m starting to wonder if it definitely is farming or if it is more fairy or romance based
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm hoping a mayor can be elected. Wouldn't mind a bakery, chippy, pub, corner shop and post office either.

How about a new skill - shopkeeping?
    Post edited by calaprfy on
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I'm hoping a mayor can be elected. Wouldn't mind a bakery, chippy, pub, corner shop and post office either.

A what.
    World looks pretty. Theme sounds boring. Farming, really? Don't we have enough of that with the gardening system as good as it is?

Nope! There's an awful lot more to farming than vegetables, herbs, and fruit trees.

Okay, farm animals, which are... just more pets. What am I missing here?
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    edited June 2021
    Maybe an english murder mystery inspired by the Midsummer murders ;)
  • Options

A what.
    World looks pretty. Theme sounds boring. Farming, really? Don't we have enough of that with the gardening system as good as it is?

Nope! There's an awful lot more to farming than vegetables, herbs, and fruit trees.

Okay, farm animals, which are... just more pets. What am I missing here?

A chippy is a fish and chip shop 😊
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member

Love the idea of a chippy but only if the food served in newspaper wrapping
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    Maybe an english murder mystery inspired by the Midsummer murders ;)

I'd love that. I'm not expecting it, but I'd love it.
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Looks like it's gonna be the 3rd UK-inspired world. We have Windenburg and the town in Discover University that are UK-inspired.

You might think they are but we British know that Windenberg is nothing like any town in Britain, more like one on the European Continent somewhere. and the town in Discover University is only what an American thinks a university town is like here. It plays more like an American university.

I'm surprised if it is an English country town, unless it is small farming with a fairy-tale type twist. There is a dwarf and a toadstool at the bottom of the letter put on Twitter. Small farming or backyard farming that we do here would suit those small lots better though. Self sufficiency might be the theme for the pack and go with Eco lifestyle.

Maybe many of Sims 4 players are in Britain or it suits us best?

Windenburg is a german inspired world and as an german I'm seeing a lot places in that world that can you actually find here in germany. But some stuff looking like an idealized form of germany. And a lot of the german food is missing too.
  • Options
    BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    I feel like there is a lot of merit to the theories about farming, romance, and fairy tales... with it being an expansion, I’m cautiously optimistic that it could incorporate multiple elements.
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    Good, finally farming 🙏🙏
    Hopefully we can get a deep dive in this subject, maybe horse and cows with milk and cheese production and a huge world.

I’m not expecting a multiple theme pack, otherwise we will get another world with four lots.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    "Bagley" Is also the name of an actual town in England that's near a moor. I know nothing about argriculture and what type of land you need for farming, so I don't know whether a moor would lean in favor of or against farming.

If we're not getting the Scottish Highlands in this pack, I will definitely settle for the moors. :)

(Which would also be a great location for some werewolves eventually, though perhaps not in this EP.)