Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bond with nature in this charming expansion pack means...

Comments

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Other
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Lots of Gamechangers showing off their postcards from Henford on Bagley this morning.

I'm thinking the Farming/Cottage Core voters got it right.

Henford on Bagley looks and sounds like a Cottswolds village! (Bourbon on the Water, Slow on the Wold.)

I once visited one of those quaint villages called “Castlecombe” and learned that the movie “Wolfman” was filmed there. Its about a werewolf, obviously.

Nevermind the farming and garden markets in Henford on Bagley. I hope werewolves live in the woods nearby. 🐺
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Fantasy farms (opposite of industrial farm where everything is cute)
    Based on today’s Twitter hint, I think fantasy/cottage farming is inevitably on its way.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Bourton and Stow, but absolutely! Could personally do without werewolves, though!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Other
    Romance and farming! That's what I think it is. They do like to throw us off. Mrs. Crumplebottom has a purpose and that's to pummel public displays of affection.

The world looks beautiful and I can't wait to see more!
    #Team Occult
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Other
    LiELF wrote: »
    Romance and farming! That's what I think it is. They do like to throw us off. Mrs. Crumplebottom has a purpose and that's to pummel public displays of affection.

I never played whichever Sims game had Agnes Crumplebottom, but it seems to me that that particular gag would get old, possibly fast.

Imagine the chaos combining her with the Free Love NAP from Eco Lifestyle...
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    So we are getting an English country village or market town? Sounds interesting. Also the Crumplebottoms are apparently returning.

I do hope they put a bit more effort into the culture than they did with Britechester (which is essentially an American university experience with British architecture) like they did with Snowy Escape, such as school uniforms.
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    Henford on Bagley definitely sounds like a British name. And I agree - we already have a lot of western worlds, but aside from the English neighbourhood in Get Together and Britchester which isn't that British, there isn't a lot of English culture. Obviously not all English culture is little villages and the countryside, but still - as an English person, I'm excited to see what they do :) And I hope it is the farming pack, finally. I just want some way to live off the land. If you can get rid of your smartphone as well, that would be amazing.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    I'm thinking it could be farming, fairies, and romance? There's the country star who used a fairy emoji on twitter.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Other
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

I never played whichever Sims game had Agnes Crumplebottom, but it seems to me that that particular gag would get old, possibly fast.

Imagine the chaos combining her with the Free Love NAP from Eco Lifestyle...

As long as she didn't turn up absolutely everywhere I think it would be fun. In Sims 2, it seemed that there were only a few places she would appear, and sometimes she'd be walking down the street so you'd have to avoid her if you planned on woohooing in public or getting frisky. She brought some challenge and hilarity that I loved.
    #Team Occult
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm a fan of this one so far. I am familiar with Agnes Crumplebottom and am glad that she's coming back even if she's the very opposite of some of my sims. She's welcome to slap them. The theme definitely looks like an English village and I'll go with it. It does fit with my game.

I've been waiting for the farming theme. While Britechester is a mash-up of New England and some British influence (I'll admit I love Sgt. Pepper Pub which I slightly re-did), I don't think the English theme is overdone. Windenburg is more like Central Europe with a bit of England but a dedicated English village will be interesting.

I think there's going to be an emphasis on growing your own veg, sheering sheep for wool and maybe a few other themes such as gathering eggs from chickens. If we get horses, I will be happy. As my time allows, I could totally bury myself in that for a while.

I hadn't thought of Jane Austen but if they want to add playability for that, it would be interesting. I wouldn't have a Regency game in the same save but there's a lot that someone could do with that. I could possibly have a separate save for it.

Maybe they are going for a little bit of Downton Abbey style in terms of a village with its activities and characters. I've been waiting for this pack so I'll be happy. I asked for something like this when they added knitting. While I didn't ask for fairies, I'll keep an open mind. I'm relaxing slightly about supernaturals though I'm 99% a realistic style of player. I know there are some old concepts such as mummers that are associated with fairies.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    I'm thinking Fairies, fantasy farming and vintage build/buy in a rural English-style world.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Fairies and garden-style pixie houses
    I just hope Mrs Crumplebottom drives a classic car and solves murders and has suspicious toadstools in the non-murder zone of her garden. I say again, ley-lines!
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    I just hope Mrs Crumplebottom drives a classic car and solves murders

Agnes Crumplebottom as Miss Fisher?
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited June 2021
    Just in: The first letter of the title and each line spells Henford on Bagley. I suspect there's going to be hens and little chicks. But, I don't think I have ever been right with the speculation. :D Edited to say: Vineyards and nectar making. Yeah. I'm going with that as well.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Just in: The first letter of the title and each line spells Henford on Bagley. I suspect there's going to be hens and little chicks. But, I don't think I have ever been right with the speculation. :D Edited to say: Vineyards and nectar making. Yeah. I'm going with that as well.

He posted several twits similar to this where the first letter of each word spelled out Henford on Bagley which makes me wonder if this pack is going to be some sort of mystery solving adventure, with clues and what not.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Other
    crocobaura wrote: »

He posted several twits similar to this where the first letter of each word spelled out Henford on Bagley which makes me wonder if this pack is going to be some sort of mystery solving adventure, with clues and what not.

Or he just likes playing with words.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    C'mon, the big clue here is that it's a sonnet. We're being clued in to Shakespeare and A Midsummer Night's Dream.

That means lovers and fairies. And who could bond more with nature than (crumple) Bottom and his 🐸🐸🐸🐸 head?
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Other
    The fairies will probably be the sprites from DU rehashed.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    The fairies will probably be the sprites from DU rehashed.

I'd be happy if we get pretty fireflies. :)
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    edited June 2021
    Talking to wildlife (squirrels, raccoons, deer, skunks)

I'm quite good with lexical fields. If this poem contains hints, here is what I can quickly notice.
    "fateful jaws, moments dark, defends/fights" - could point to werewolves, or could just be a cheeky reference to Agnes Crumplebottom ; references an enemy/ a difficulty
    "newly hatched" - chickens, or birds ; the circle of life in general ; I won't go as far as to say it could reference babies in general
    "take stock, guide" - livestock ; herd ; herd keeper ; protector (of nature ?)
    "lark" - nature (bird)
    "persist" - could be a reference to nature as well ; sustainability
    "witty" and lots of "heart" references - could point to fairies or mystical beneficient creatures

E.T.A : the "heart" references and the whole theme of the poem (friendship) could reference new romantic and friendly interactions.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Call me crazy, but I think this Henford-on-Bagley might also include some kind of flower show that goes alongside the flower stall/markets? The infamous Chelsea Flower Show in the UK (one of the most famous and well known flower shows in the world - even the royal family goes to this thing) happens every spring in the month of May (if memory serves).

Bond with nature.....? A quaint little British cottage town with flower markets/stalls and competing in flower shows. And where Agnes Crumplebottom goes around making sure that everyone maintains the puritan morals of a Jane Austin novel? Corsets, bonnets, and Mr. Darcy notwithstanding....
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited June 2021
    Bond with nature makes me think Plantsim, so maybe overhauled Plantsim occult?

I was thinking that too. It wouldn't take much to bring them back and add a magical bit to the game. I'd rather it was another type of occult though.

They could bring in some gardening gnomes to help with a market garden, rather on same lines as the little robots from University.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    would love to be farming and hotels, but think it might at least include fairies - though EPs usual are quite high level rather than detailed. I don't really know, I am not very good with these type of hints and i am not sure that my wishes are aligned with the sims team.
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    edited June 2021
    Reedfish wrote: »
    Henford on Bagley definitely sounds like a British name. And I agree - we already have a lot of western worlds, but aside from the English neighbourhood in Get Together and Britchester which isn't that British, there isn't a lot of English culture. Obviously not all English culture is little villages and the countryside, but still - as an English person, I'm excited to see what they do :) And I hope it is the farming pack, finally. I just want some way to live off the land. If you can get rid of your smartphone as well, that would be amazing.

Zero has a mod for that. It seems to me that it will have to do with a way of living more than anything, it will not be so focused on agriculture but on living off the land, connecting with the animals that give us food ... Selling our fruits / vegetables and other harvested food at stalls .

I remember Agnes wanted to have children and I think there was an empty crib ... am I right? will it be some kind of message? Agnes could represent the desire to have real babies as fans ask, although I know it is very elaborate to think about. It only occurred to me yesterday while watching the news.

My understanding is that the gnomes on the back of the postcard are crop and farm protectors in Norse / Scandinavian culture.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Charming vintage build/buy like country style homes
    Not being brit, but something the brits are very famous for is their passion for gardening. Bedides that I have quit a few Sims who could do with a slap from a handbag