Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Life of Sulani (PalmArrow's gameplay thread)

This is not really a story, just chronicles and snapshots of my rotational gameplay in my favourite world, Sulani. I'm still making a thread for it because snapshots and descriptions of gameplay is what I most like to read from other players, too.

I normally play just one household, often just one single Sim. This is my first rotational save. Against all good advice from more experienced rotational players, I'm mostly playing each household just one day at a time. If there is an important milestone for one of them to reach, I stay with them a day or two longer. I'm sort of observing the world rather than playing it, giving the sims just a little nudge in the right direction while they're active.

I started taking screenshots and notes during the fourth rotation.

WINDROSE

AkN8Iwv.png

The Windrose household lives on the Admiral's Wreckage lot. They are a retired sea captain, his mermaid wife, and their teenage daughter Marina who is also a mermaid. Marina's friend Duane Talla moved in with them when he aged up to adult. I'm planning for Marina and Duane to become a couple when she ages up too.

0Qpj24t.png

Marina looks so sulky in this picture, but still being a teen and living with your crush who is now a young adult is an awkward situation!
sy1htr8.png

Comments

• PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    NGATA

o2I4J0m.png

In the Ngata household, Tane spent his last day of childhood playing on the beach with his friend Pacifica Sargasso. (The Sargassos are another mermaid family I added into town).

7jUeWdQ.png

He aged up that evening. (His other mum is not in the picture because she urgently needed the bathroom! :smiley: )

zWPENMH.png

aZJ5OnY.png
    KAHANANUI

ce6iKC7.png

Mele and Alika Kahananui have a cute toddler called Ruru.

iCQuzkk.png

Even though they live so luxuriously, they both want to be even more wealthy. They (and I) will have to work on that!

MFwnt8t.png
    KEALOHA

GwRD2Ym.png

The Kealoha family celebrated Winterfest outdoors. Decorating the tree made them happy, but all three were disappointed with their presents. I don't know why - Liliana, for one, got a good quality coffee maker, which I thought was very nice!

InxQDYE.png

sYbvzA9.png
    KURESA

jiQeZXW.png

Loario Kuresa is a randomly generated townie. I had edited him a little and moved him into Caldera Camp, the off-the-grid hut underneath the volcano.

During the night when I switched to his household, the volcano erupted.

15W64kM.png

Loario woke up scared, but he had three chunks of lava to open. He found some minerals and fossils inside and sold them , which was very useful. Loario is a self-employed gardener, but there is not much for him to do in the winter and money is scarce.

S4nZf3t.png

He sent a message to his friend and crush Nalani and she responded, inviting him to meet her on the other side of the world, in Magnolia Blossom Park. He accepted. They both saw snow for the first time, and had fun building a snowman.

NyM8klk.png

When the two of them returned to Sulani, they went to Ohan'ali beach. The Sulani Mermaid Club was having a club meeting.

Bahhga0.png

Nalani is, of course, a member so she joined her fellow mermaids in the water.

36tSu9K.png
    DAVID AND GAVIN

7CtFsa3.png

David and Gavin are a household created by @thuggishsplicer . David is a tech guru, and his partner Gavin a freelance writer. They live on the Laguna Look lot in Ohan'ali Town.

SB4JTwl.png

After David left for work, Gavin worked on a freelance article and on his novel.

JbH5Fqt.png

Since the two of them are not earning that much yet, and I spent some of their money to buy a chess table because David wants to level up in logic, Gavin picked up and sold some shells to help pay the bills.

EacUlMj.png

When Gavin came back from work they spent a relaxing evening playing chess, while townies made a bonfire on the beach in the background.

K7Do336.png
    HOAPILI

3dj12bJ.png

The household living in the Chieftain's Villa is still called Hoapili, but nobody with that surname lives there anymore. Keala Hoapili has died of old age, and Lia's friend Hawea Elikapika has moved in.

Lia communes with the spirits now. She doesn't have her grandmother's ability to summon elementals, though.

EdsJS2s.png

It's New Year's Eve. So far Lia and Hawea have been only friends. Unknown to one another, they've both made New Year's resolutions to enter a romantic relationship.

NGn055o.png

They spend most of the day working on skills.

ltctLAz.png

Hawea takes part in the fishing festival in the afternoon.

PP0eRa3.png

Lia starts painting a flowering tree from life.

YBa8fcr.png

In the evening, after dinner, they are both eager to fulfill that romantic resolution.

Nxi9lwN.png

Keala's ghost decides to visit just as Lia and Hawea are woohooing in what used to be Keala's bed. She doesn't mind. She is happy her granddaughter is going to continue her bloodline!

Q3h4Awn.png
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Wow, that world is actually beautiful. And nice screenshots!
    Thank you very much, @Astro ! I love playing in Sulani because then I can imagine myself living there.
    SARGASSO

oeuPlW8.png

It is a rainy first day of spring in Sulani. I moved to the Sargasso family, a mermaid family I made. They live in the Tangled Flat lot in Ohan'ali Town.

idP4q5j.png

The family wakes up in a gloomy mood. But they are going to become more cheerful soon, because it's time for the daughter, Pacifica, to age up to teen. Her mother prepares a chocolate cake for her.

DcFzhJ9.png

The guests are here! Pacifica's best friend Tane Ngata, who only became a teen himself a few days ago, couldn't be invited because Pacifica's father doesn't know him.
    Pacifica blows out the candles...

8Y4HR1P.png

... and ages up.

1niYE13.png

After the party, Pacifica's parents are feeling dehydrated so they invite the other mermaids present for a swim. They run across the street to the beach.

phFSSkM.png

Pacifica invites Tane to meet her at the Sand Bar. This is the first time they have met as teens, and for both of them their first time in a bar. They seem to like it!

rzbxO8j.png
    WINDROSE

Ws41yxz.png

On the Admiral's Wreckage lot in Mua Pel'am, Marina Windrose aged up from teen to YA. Marina is not a mermaid like her mother, but I decided to give her this mermaid-like hair to show she has something unearthly in her genes.

6XDb1I1.png

Now Marina is free to flirt with her friend Duane, who had aged up before her! But the first attempts at flirting from both of them just result in awkwardness. It's the gloomy surroundings of the old shipwreck playing tricks on their mood.

600nfc8.png

When they go outside into the beautiful spring sunshine and light a fire, the conversation flows much more easily.

kzobkoQ.png

Meanwhile, Marina's parents spend the day swimming with dolphins. I noticed that they are both near the end of their lives, so there would be no point in working on aspirations now. They should just enjoy themselves!

Ob9zRSR.png

The household is reunited in the evening, and Liliana Kealoha drops by for a visit.

WpIEDp9.png

After Marina's parents have gone to sleep, she has her first kiss with Duane.

SOcd5G7.png
    NGATA

o2I4J0m.png

While her wife is at work and her son in school, Oliana Ngata manages to complete an aspiration milestone by pushing herself to the limit on her treadmill.

W4GmKpi.png

Tane returns from school and finishes his homework. When he's finished Oliana mentors him in the fitness skill - this is good both for Tane's school record and for Oliana's work.

YCwsFcF.png

h8LivtM.png

Leila returns from work in a bad mood, but by the time she joins her wife and stepson outside she is already happier. That's what living on the beach does to you!

BRWGkLe.png

Tane gets a message from his friend Pacifica inviting him over, so he goes to her house and helps her spray-paint a picture on her lawn.

uoeT1h0.png

He buys some food from a street vendor before going home.

98YIyMo.png