Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    Mia Patina
    June 5

Week 6 Sunday

2021-05-29-10_29_49-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    Information
    • This will give you an idea of how far ahead I had played to end out May. I had to remove the custom hairs for the moment in order to allow for updates related to the new hair colors. So, Emily, Skye, and Mia once again have EA hair.
    • Another item of note is that Mia will be completing the Star Wars aspirations while she lives in StrangerVille, so during the month of June. Her goal is to get it all done in one month of playtime. So as soon as she completes the StrangerVille mystery, which should be soon, she will then begin spending time on Batuu. I still don’t know how this will work with her school attendance, but will see as we go. I have never done any of these aspirations with a teen, so we are all in for a treat.

Mia had quickly earned her A when she moved to StrangerVille. She completed the last promotion in Drama Club. The only thing she has left for being a teen is to maintain her character traits until her birthday. Outside of teen specific activities, she technically has to complete five aspirations. With the addition of likes and dislikes, Mia sets Blue as her favorite color, and she likes Island Music, Latin Pop Music, and World Music while disliking METAL MUSIC. She will wait to see which activities she likes as time passes.
    2021-05-29-09_48_10-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia had decided to investigate why there were so many strange possessions happening, especially since it was effecting Jess and the entire family was just ignoring it. She made a lot of progress on Saturday by dedicating the entire day to the investigation. Now she has the special suit that should allow her to get into the lower levels of the laboratory, as soon as she can get away from the house.
    2021-05-29-09_52_19-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia had not realized today was Summerfest and there is a family thing happening. There is supposed to be grilling and water fun and fireworks and even drinking. Although Jess says they can have lemonade for that.
    2021-05-29-10_13_33-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

The boys head out to play on the water slide with Jess.
    2021-05-29-10_16_41-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Dylan is working the grill so that they will have plenty to eat today.
    2021-05-29-10_16_58-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Everyone just pretends to not notice the pink flutters flittering around everywhere. Mia is ready to check out the laboratory, but first they have to complete the traditions for the holiday.
    2021-05-29-10_19_35-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

It takes all morning, but thankfully they are at a break point around lunch. Mia and Christie plan on leaving right after lunch although Christie doesn’t know where they are going. Mia told her it was a surprise.
    2021-05-29-10_29_23-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia finishes up a slide to say she did and heads inside to see if Christie is ready to go.
    2021-05-29-10_29_49-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Christie is a little surprised when they end up at the laboratory but she isn’t really interested. She just hangs around while Mia gets ready to go inside.
    2021-05-29-10_38_15-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia puts on the suit and heads through the locked doors with the keycard she bought from the curio stand.
    2021-05-29-10_39_19-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Christie hangs back because of the mist in the hallway but it soon clears and she follows Mia to the lower level.
    2021-05-29-10_40_15-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

That is a surprise and Christie decides she would rather go home now. Please and thank you.
    2021-05-29-10_44_28-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia stays behind to collect more spore clusters and then she checks out the plants. it is now obvious that they are important to the story. After collecting several plants, she heads back to the house. She did not realize how late it was and was able to sneak inside and into bed without any noticing.
    2021-05-29-10_48_51-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited June 2021
    More comments coming later...

@permanentrose -
    Had to comment on your latest post right away because...ahhhh... I was so hoping that you would have Emmett propose to Jules in the jungle because the scenery there is so beautiful, and, he did...and with Jules' mother's ring tucked away in that side pouch of his, which he has been carrying all along!. Oh Jules...you are so lucky to have found someone like Emmett, and I am so happy for her and Emmett right now. I was a bit nervous, though, when he lifted her up in his arms...like...don't slip and fall over that cliff! lol And the last scene of them swimming - au naturel - in the Royal baths and the kiss...oh "c'est l'amour" (that's love). This was certainly a wonderful vacation for them, and the beginning of a wonderful life together. I am sure when they get home that Ruby will be thrilled that Emmett will be her step-dad. Yes! I have been shipping these two ever since Emmett walked up to Jules at that costume party in the police office outfit with the line he said to her about being old enough to drink. hehehe I am all for "the lines" in a story. Congratulations Emmett & Jules
    heart-clipart.png
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    More comments from me later too :)

@SoulGal7
    Thank you for you comment! 🥰 I’ve had this planned for a bit now for the very reason you said - the jungle made a gorgeous back drop for this. It was slightly darker than I had hoped by the time I got them to the overlook but the timing of them just surviving the temple felt too perfect so I just edited my photos a bit to brighten them and I do like the soft purple light even though a day time proposal would have been a bit prettier.

Haha I’m honored you remembered that line and have been shipping them for so long. Back when I started this challenge, Emmett was the first person to invite Jules over to his house so I went with the idea of making them childhood friends but explicitly said it wasn’t going anywhere romantic since Emmett was already dating Brittany (who was not originally so terrible- I gave her that personality for this challenge). But they hung out in his parents hot tub that first time they hung out for this challenge and even though I said it wasn’t romantic, I remember thinking how cute they would be together...and now here we are 6 months later :)
    Mia Patina
    June 6

Week 6 Monday

2021-05-30-09_47_56-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    Mia is on the last tier of the StrangerVille Mystery aspiration but today, she has to go to school. She does not have enough vacation to take at the moment. And she will probably need her vacation days when she starts the Star Wars aspirations. Back to StrangerVille, she has to create vaccines to test for her next step. I did remember that she can schedule holidays to get time off from school without penalty. But not today as it is too late to schedule a day off today.
    2021-05-30-09_30_48-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Monday is a day without much to write about. The kids went to school, the adults when to work, and then they came home sick. Mia takes some medicine which just makes her hyper, but hopefully that is enough to get through the day.
    2021-05-30-09_42_03-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Everyone does their homework and extra credit.
    2021-05-30-09_42_54-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Then there is the weekly projects that need to be completed. Everyone starts off with their own project, peeling off when they need to pee.
    2021-05-30-09_47_03-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Finally, all of the projects are done and everyone pitches in to help Mia complete hers. That finishes up the day so everyone grabs a bite to eat and heads to bed. Tomorrow is a school holiday and they all need to travel somewhere, anywhere.
    2021-05-30-09_47_56-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited June 2021
    Semi-off-topic Note: So, I've been thinking. I might change up the order of my worlds again a little bit, even though it would be a pain to re-do the graphics for the calendar part of my challenge page, but that's something I'm willing to deal with... I'm thinking that once Jaz is on their own and out of high school, if they had the money (which is easy to make in sims.. lol) they might very well do something like taking a year (month) off before college to "see the world" and I could do like granite falls (outdoor retreat game pack) that month. Maybe Selvadorada, too.. (jungle adventures pack) or split that into it's own month. I don't know. Should I try to do both worlds in one month, or split them up? What do you guys think? I know Jaz wouldn't be able to actually live in either world without a mod (although I've honestly thought about using it), but I would really like to have those worlds featured, too at some point in the challenge. I could have her stay at a "home" lot and just stay on perpetual vacation for the month, and it makes sense to do it before she gets into careers and such, especially because that outdoor retreat aspiration can be hard for a "supersim" to complete, I've heard. I'd like to get it done earlier in Jaz's life rather than later. I have, currently, five months with "to be decided" worlds, in the expectation that we will likely be getting more worlds eventually, but using one (or two) of these for the vacation worlds makes sense, too... (Really don't think I'll use a month for Batuu, because it would be very hard to fit into the story.. but who knows.)

Edit: just occurred to me that the granite falls aspiration has to be done during summer. and after calculating it out, it won't be summer during the month I was planning to use. So it's either use a different month.. or use two months to travel. (or change the seasons?)
    Post edited by IllusoryThrall on
    Oasis Springs: Day Six - The Library
    06-06-21_2-13-20-pm.jpg
    After the usual Malone Family rush to get everyone ready for the day, Jaz got Marnie’s attention and asked for permission to travel to the library to work on her “school project”. Marnie, frazzled as usual, said okay without really even listening, and Jaz quickly grabbed her backpack and left before she could change her mind.
    06-06-21_2-16-08-pm.jpg
    Good thing she had remembered it was freezing in Willow Creek still, because there was snow everywhere around the library. Quickly, she headed inside, relieved to see several computers open.
    06-06-21_2-16-30-pm.jpg
    She sat down, and immediately loaded up the typing practice program, dutifully working on her aspiration. But, as you often do when doing something particularly boring, her mind kept wandering. It was terribly hard to concentrate with so many other things she could be doing at a library this size.

Then, the conversation with Dr. Gemma popped into her head. And it wouldn’t go away.
    06-06-21_2-17-06-pm.jpg
    Checking to make sure nobody was watching, Jaz sounded out the big words Gemma had used. “Gen-der dis-for-i-a” she typed in a search bar.
    06-06-21_2-17-42-pm.jpg
    Luckily, the search engine immediately corrected her misspelling, and she was given a large list of resources to look at. Browsing slowly, she read all the information she could find.
    06-06-21_2-17-49-pm.jpg
    Before long, she found a site that described what that was in terms she could actually understand, and went on to talk about things like transgender and other alternate genders. The more she read, the more she was sure she wasn’t really a “she”. But Jaz didn’t feel like a “he” either… Then, Jaz discovered “non-binary” and the different pronouns that people who didn’t feel comfortable being lumped into either “boy” or “girl” could use. With her interest piqued, she followed some more links to articles in teen magazines about people of different gender associations.
    06-06-21_2-17-37-pm.jpg
    Before long, she even found chat rooms devoted to discussing it, and sat watching the chat go past her screen for a while. She wasn’t bold enough to actually talk, and was afraid to even sign up with a name nobody would guess was her… but reading couldn’t hurt, right? There was so much to learn… and there was, apparently, a whole world full of other people who didn’t feel like they fit into the “normal” genders. One she’d never even thought about possibly existing. All she knew .. was that she had never fit into what everyone said SHE was, and had never felt comfortable with it.
    06-06-21_2-19-52-pm.jpg
    Then, from behind her, she heard a familiar taunting voice, “Oh look who decided she could show up in Willow Creek at the GOOD library and not get in trouble for it..!”

Jumping slightly, Jaz quickly closed all the web page windows she had opened and signed out of the computer. With relief, she saw that Billie had been too far away to see what Jaz had actually been looking at. Annoyed at the interruption, though, Jaz stood up angrily, ready to confront Billie once again.
    06-06-21_2-20-46-pm.jpg
    She shoved Billie, and yelled at her that she had every right to work on a school project at the library.. that the library certainly wasn’t Billie’s.

“SHHH!!” warned a man playing chess, and Jaz looked over at him apologetically.

Billie, however, wasn’t about to listen to anyone she didn’t respect – and that pretty much covered everyone, apparently. Billie shoved back, and continued to berate Jaz for “being in a place she didn’t belong in.”
    06-06-21_2-22-20-pm.jpg
    The librarian came over, physically separating the two youngsters, and emphasized that they needed to be quieter. Jaz went to sit at one of the computer tables, trying to get away from Billie, but Billie followed, hissing her insults. Jaz tried very hard to ignore her, but some of the words still hurt. Swallowing tears angrily, she stood up and went to another open computer.
    06-06-21_2-24-51-pm.jpg
    She signed into the typing practice again, and got to work, trying to block out Billie. Eventually, Billie apparently got tired of taunting someone who wasn’t responding in any way.. or maybe she just needed to get home, because Jaz suddenly found herself on her own. Taking a deep breath, she shook out the tension in her arms and got down to typing. With determination, she was able to finish her typing practice, as well as managing to post a high score on the computer for the typing game, which was also required for her aspiration.
    06-06-21_2-26-15-pm.jpg
    Looking out the library window, she noticed that the sun had already gone down, and she quickly packed up and caught one of the last buses back to Oasis Springs. Nobody seem to even notice she’d been gone. Typical. Sighing, she put away her backpack and winter clothes, and headed downstairs to go to bed. School was tomorrow, and she had SO much she wanted to talk to Colin about. Mind whirling, it was a while before the calming light of her nightlight lulled her to sleep.
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    June 6
    KpQo2Qp.png

Bryons Diary
    I woke up without Naoki by my side.

(Bryon) “Hm, did he have trouble sleeping?”

uNFCGfw.png
    I opened the door to the living room. I heard something in the bathroom.

(Bryon) “Ah, he’s probably showering.”

oLO9JW2.png
    (Bryon) “Let’s do some programming for work while I wait for him. It’s still early in the morning, so I don’t have to wake the kids yet.”

C9eTcCi.png
    Yep, I like programming a lot!

QXy5LPG.png
    Some time later, the shower stopped...

EtGZFMq.png
    But Hana came out of the bathroom instead of Naoki.

(Hana) “Good morning.”

NcGypm8.png
    (Bryon) “... Huh? Where’s Naoki?”
    (Hana) “He went out for a jog.”

l8yERRW.png
    (Bryon) “Oh, I thought Naoki was under the shower. Good thing I didn’t decide to barge in...”
    (Hana) “Haha, yes, I’m happy you didn’t!”

CDsAYWq.png
    (Bryon) “Did you sleep well in between the toddlers?”
    (Hana) “Yes, it's a wonderful bunk bed. The only reason I woke up so early is because of everything that happened yesterday.. Naoki and I actually happened to wake up at the same time.”

SdRNfIw.png
    (Bryon) “I guess this all has a big impact on the both of you...”
    (Hana) “We’ll be fine, really. We now have each other, and Rene, and you too.”

xeLWZIr.png
    Just at that moment, my phone started to ring. What a wonderful timing...

(Hana) “You can take it. I’ll go upstairs and check on the kids if that’s okay for you.”
    (Bryon) “Thank you. We can continue this conversation later if you want.”
    (Hana) “Ah, that’s okay. Thank you for listening. I appreciate it.”

qTwX3kM.png
    Hana leaves upstairs. I feel a little bad for leaving her behind like that, but I looked at the number and it's the Ad Agency...

lFw6Q53.png
    (Bryon) “Hello, Bryon Ellison speaking.”

QaBG148.png
    (Bryon) “Yeah, no problem, I can do that. 24 hours, right? I’ll start immediately.”

I couldn’t believe it. I only posted one vlog and I already got a call to do more?

hxnnUoM.png
    (Naoki) “Oh, hello there! Didn’t expect you here waiting for me, but I actually like this.”

UFVNPX4.png
    (Naoki) “You look happy.”

hbAFDmC.png
    (Bryon) “I am happy! I told you how I uploaded my first vlog yesterday in bed, right? I just got a call from the ad agency to make another video!”
    (Naoki) “Wow, nice! Before I know it I’ll have a celebrity boyfriend, hehe.”

Ii8FxRX.png
    (Bryon) “One thing. I only have 24 hours to make it though, so I should hurry.”
    (Naoki) “You should indeed..."

ipwrDIC.png
    (Naoki) "But after that, do you want to go somewhere with me?”
    (Bryon) “Sure, where do you wanna go?”
    (Naoki) “Mother. She called me while I was jogging. She really wanted to clear some things... and since father isn’t in the house anymore, I accepted. She’d love it if you came too.”

Ja8fwu8.png
    (Bryon) “Oh, yeah, sure. I’ll go with you after finishing the video. It won’t take long!!”
    (Naoki) "This vlogging-thing is already giving you a big confidence boost for sure... Hahaha!"

iGADLKe.png
    Doing this vlog in my pajamas, because why not?

XCKiVhi.pngirmbClT.png
    Look who’s a 2 star celebrity now!

qrVZxSy.png
    Right after finishing and uploading my video, mom called me.

(Bryon) “Mom! I have a lot to tell you, but I can’t come over today. Tomorrow would fit better. Will that work for you too?”
    (Randi) “Sure! I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

I immediately went downstairs again to take a quick shower and then Naoki and I went to the Saito mansion. I started thinking about how important my relationship with mom is for me, and I started to feel sad for Naoki, to not have that. I hope his mother is doing okay... And that they eventually can build a relationship together too.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    June 1 - University - WK 3 - Back To Britechester - Part 1

what-else-might-await-them-at-uni.png
    Sakura and Wolfgang arrived back in Britechester and went straight to the Rival House, not sure what to expect when they went inside. Their flight had been uneventful, and almost as soon as they took their seats, Sakura had fallen asleep, using Wolfgang's shoulder as her pillow. She had slept most of the way, and when she did wake up, Wolfgang gave her a loving kiss and smiled at her. Sakura thought it was such a wonderful way to wake up.

term-3-back.png

Even though it was 'officially' winter, there was no snow yet in Britechester, which seemed strange coming from snowy Mt. Komorebi. They had seen signs of winter preparation as a skating rink had been set up on campus. Maybe they would have a chance to go skating if they had time this week.

ice-skaring-rink-on-campus.png

Almost as soon as they arrived, Wolfgang got a call from River, who wanted to find out what had happened after he had left their rental in Mt. Komorebi. Wolfgang wasn't about to reveal any details, even to his best bud, but he did tell River that Sakura was now his girlfriend. From his phone call, Wolfgang felt that River was pretty excited about the news.

RIVER-CALLS-WOLF.png

Wolfgang and Sakura headed inside and much to their surprise, their roomies were all still there! [Note: I had actually had them move in the house in world view, so that they wouldn't go missing when Sakura and Wolfgang returned.] Takumi, Kenzie and Jeb rushed over to them to find out about their weekend. Wolfgang gave Sakura an appreciative look as she walked past him into the house and told them all that he and Sakura had a great time. Wolfgang then went into the kitchen to start his homework, and the roomies followed him and sat down and ate some lunch. Jeb finally asked Wolfgang if he and Sakura were a couple now and Wolfgang smiled and shook his head that they were.

Takumi: "Told ya, bro..." he said to Jeb, "...there were sparks between them when they left here on Friday...Congrats Wolfgang! Sakura is one in a million..."

Wolfgang smiled back, "Thanks...yes...I know she is...she is very special..."

we-still-have-roomies.png

After putting away her suitcase, Sakura came down and checked what tasks she had to do today to get ready for Term 3. While Wolfgang worked on his homework, Sakura started working on her term paper and edited that to outstanding and then submitted it. After finishing her homework, she realized that she had to contribute knowledge to the research machine. Sakura decided that her knowledge in piano was a good thing to contribute so that other students could benefit from her skills.

sakura-contrinuting-knowledge-sun.png

mentalluy-drained.png

Afterwards, Sakura felt mentally drained. Luckily she only had to do this once, because she never wanted to do that again! She really couldn't focus to start work on her presentation board, so she sat in the rocker and did some studying. Um...well, at least she tried to.

what-am-i-even-studsy8ng.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday Term 3 started and even though Sakura and Wolfgang did an all-nighter to get all their homework completed, they were ready to start their last term. Their class times were scattered again, and Sakura's class started early on Monday morning. Wolfgang accompanied her to Britechester and, of course, wished her luck on her first day back.

good-luick-today-sakura-kiss.png

running-to-class-wolf-mon.png

And with a happy smile on his face, Wolfgang ran off to Foxbury.

term-2-mon-sakura.png

Sakura went to class and felt so confident when she was done. Yes! Completing her homework the night before had been a good idea...and maybe that good luck kiss that Wolfgang had given her had helped, too.

painting-at-art-society-mon.png

Once her classes were done, Sakura headed to an Art Society meeting. It was a gorgeous day and she decided to paint a landscape painting. And it turned out to be another masterpiece.

chatting-after-tutring-and-class-mon.png

Wolfgang had some students to tutor after his class, so Sakura waited for him at UBrite Commons, working on her homework and her presentation board. Of course, when Wolfgang was done tutoring, he was famished, and got some pizza at a new vendor booth just outside of UBrite Commons. While he ate, they talked about their day and then headed back to Rival House together.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tuesday Between classes, Wolfgang and Sakura headed to Larry's Lagoon. While Wolfgang worked at the robotics workstation, Sakura did some research on urban legends.

tues-working-on-tobot-station-and-ssakura-close-by.png

She found out some interesting information about the founder of Britechester, Felix Psyded, and read that it was rumored that his ghost could still be seen around campus. Sakura didn't know if that was true, and had never seen any ghostly figures, but it was interesting reading, nonetheless.

urban-legend-Felix-Psyded.png

Later, Wolfgang again had to tutor students after class, and Sakura spent the time working on some paintings. She actually completed all of the requirements for the first level of the Art Society. [Note: I had never seen this painting before and really like it.]

tues-sakura-building-for-art-society.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wednesday They both had later classes this morning, so Sakura did a dance workout, while Wolfgang worked on his handiness skill. This term Wolfgang had two courses on handiness, so he wanted to work on that as much as possible, as well as his rocket science skill.

whoa-almost-knicked-himself-with-the-blade.png

As he worked on crafting a sculpture, Wolfgang sure wished that there was a double bed in the house somewhere...because watching Sakura do that dance workout, well...he just wanted to "be" with Sakura again...

Wolfgang: "Dang!," he thought, "Why did she have to look so gorgeous in everything she wore?" Wolfgang was so intent on watching Sakura that he nearly sliced his hand with the woodworking knife. Oh geez!

Wolfgang went to Britechester with Sakura and gave her a good-bye hug before he headed off to class.

OFF-TO-CLASS-WEDS.png

Later on, they met at Larry's Lagoon, and had just finished their homework together, when Wolfgang had an idea.

DOING-HOMEWORK-TOGETHET-WEDS.png

Wolfgang: "Sakura, we've both been working so hard, and I was wondering if you'd like to go on a...date...?"

what-do-you-think-sakaura-date-night.png

Sakura looked around: "A date? Here? Um...it's a public place...and I don't think there is anywhere here where we could...um...you know..."

Wolfgang smiled at her, "Actually, I was thinking of a real date...maybe go to Pepper's Pub. What do you think?"

Sakura: "You're serious? You're asking me on a REAL date? Ahhh...Wolfgang, of course...I'd love to go on a date with you..."

your-serious-a-real-date.png

Wolfgang smiled at Sakura and with that, they headed off to Pepper's Pub together.

(cont'd)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    @IllusoryThrall - I like the idea of using the vacation worlds of Granite Falls and Selvadorada, and completing those aspirations. So, yes, I am all for that. @Ellupelluellu went to Granite Falls and did some of that aspiration, and of course, @permanentrose is there in her story now. I love those two worlds myself and will be trying to fit them in. Thanks for letting me know about the Granite Falls aspiration having to be done in the summer. When Sakura was in Scouts, she planned a Scout camp in Granite Falls, and got some of the aspiration done (very little of it), but never travelled to the Hermit's Hut. Because Wolfgang was a Scout with her at that camp, they will be going back there on vacation together to hopefully complete that aspiration (although to be honest, I have never completed it yet).
    I think I'll be able to swing it with getting my updates out regularly, even with the poor internet connection at this dog sitting house. I'm a couple days ahead as usual, and as long I keep playing and having images ready to go, when I stop by my own place to get stuff or somewhere else with good internet connection, I can just upload to imgur and then I'm set to go.

---
    @IllusoryThrall
    Thanks for the suggestion for if my internet fails me this month. I'll do that if it comes to it, at least I'll know that I'm not actually behind. It would just be a little overwhelming to post too many updates at a time so I'm gonna try to avoid it!

Hahaha, love the Bennie loves neighborhood brawl day! Jules actually loves that holiday too since she is hot-headed. I really don't play up that trait though. I have considered getting her a re-retraiting potion at some point since I don't feel like being hot headed really suits her anymore, especially as a grown up, so I may just have her "grow out" of that trait at some point and pick one that actually suits the personality I've given her more. Colin and Jaz are sweet friends for each other. I'm glad they can help each other through their tough times. Nice to have Jaz go look stuff up at the library computer too, totally a nice little realistic storyline for her struggles.

So I tried that mod to make Selvadorada and Granite Falls livable a few months ago, because I needed more worlds for this challenge, but I found it to be extremely buggy. The lots kept reverting back to rental even when I made them residential, and one of my families actually got deleted. So I took that mod out. Idk if you would have better luck with it, but I got frustrated. I feel like these worlds are good to do when you live in a base game world and need aspirations to do. I'm just kind of winging it with how long they'll spend on vacation and when they'll go. Might sprinkle the outdoor retreat one in randomly since I think I can make weekend camping trips more part of the story than weekend trips to the jungle (saving jungle trips for long vacations, like the one Jules and Emmett are on now). And as far as doing the granite falls aspiration, maybe it would make sense to do that one when she's not a super sim. I haven't tried to do it yet with Jules as a super sim yet, but I have found that sims will eat and sleep even if they don't need to, so I'm hoping I can swing it (and might resort to using UI cheats to lower her needs if I need to LOL)

@Karababy52
    I seriously do adore Essa's new hair, but I totally get what you're saying about how it might be frustrating sometimes to get a good angle with it. You've been doing a good job though. Cute for Josh to gift a knitted item to Damon's dad. It's funny Essa needed to get her hair and make up done just to wear that ridiculous costume. I found those screenshots pretty funny with her costume, so I can only imagine how much funnier it must have been for you to actually watch the animations :D Looking forward to seeing what else she has to do with the acting career. Knowing the sims, some of the outfits and roles could be pretty out there. That's fun for you to really be exploring this pack for the first time too!

So Emmett and Jules get each other into flirty moods constantly because of their sentiments. Right now, I haven't been too annoyed by it, but sometimes I do think it can be a lot lol. Luckily changing emotions in the sims is pretty easy, and the flirty one doesn't have a death associated with it, so often I can just ignore or it change it if I need to. Or embrace and it let these guys be the horn dogs they are ;) And as for the temple exploration, I was actually surprised that they didn't get any curses either. Usually someone does lol. I think I just got lucky this go around, because even if you examine each mechanism, it won't always tell you the solution, so the couple of times that they picked the wrong one, something worse could have totally happened, so my game just gave me a stroke of luck this go around. Honestly I don't mind a good curse every now and then - they make game play more interesting. But I'm actually glad they didn't get any today, because if one of them had been poisoned or turned into a skeleton, it would have thrown a wrench in my update for today LOL. Maybe next time someone can get poisoned or cursed LOL. I should really try to play the jungle without super sims at some point. I feel like that could be a fun challenge. Jules and Emmett had essentially no need decay during this entire trip because of their traits, which means that it was very simple just to get through what I wanted to without any struggle.

I love your comments too! As long as I have the energy and time, I will continue to give you nice comments like this :)

@sassytxbrat Strangerville is a good world to use that backyard stuff with! If I had that pack, I'd totally be having Ruby play on that stuff too. Nice to include the stuff packs when you can :) Also how many people can help with a school project?? I had no idea they all could! I've only had two adults help before, pretty cool if all of them can gather around and help though.

@Skeilah
    I love that you are delving deeper into Naoki's past this month and developing a relationship with him and Hana. You're making good progress with the GF stuff too. I'm excited to see what kind of gigs Bryon gets! I love that Bryon took Naoki's last name too when they got married, such a nice little detail. And I do love that Randi inserts herself in the story when she needs to haha. I love that you have a whole cast of characters that are familiar to your story and we get to see them from time to time :) I know you've been busy and stressed and not motivated lately, but you are doing great with your updates and I love them!

@SoulGal7
    Dang, you had me grinning on the first few lines of your update, I love that these two can finally be a couple and be cute together. So happy for them! Perfect of River to be the one to call Wolfgang too. He's been their biggest fan since the beginning haha. Aw, and now they're gonna have their first real date. Also I hope they can do a little ice skating date before you move them to the next world too haha. I have a roller rink in Oasis Springs that I'm hoping to send Jules, Emmett and Ruby to eventually and get some cute shots. Nice work covering some time in this update too, looks like they are having a good last term at uni! Looking forward to seeing what gets them to DSV and what you do there though!
    @permanentrose I think 5 can work at one time. I normally have each kid start a project, then assign adults to help. As one project is finished, everyone moves to another project. They finish faster with help and with large families it still takes all evening on Monday to finish. And of course once the project is setup, the student doesn't have to stay. So they drop off to take care of needs and then return to continue or help someone else.
    ~Teresa~
    @SoulGal7 If you're going to work on the granite falls aspiration, definitely make sure you're going there in the summer. Most of the plants are only up during then. The hardest part of the aspiration is, quite frankly, getting the 5 nights slept in a tent at the end. Because it's really buggy.. and they have to sleep for more than 7 hours for it to count.. and sometimes even then it'll bug and not count. Just as a warning. So make sure they're really tired before you send them to sleep while they're in a tent, and cancel out those "read the digest" queue-ups, because that can make a sim get up before it's time to get up. Really annoying. I learned this while doing the Drifter challenge (more than once).

@permanentrose Thanks for the info about the mod! I think I'll just travel there the old fashioned way, by taking a vacation. Who knows. Maybe by the time it's time to do that month, they will have made it possible to have residential lots on vacation worlds. (I know, wishful thinking, but hey, it COULD happen!) The other question.. would doing all three aspirations in one month be difficult? I know I could do it, but if it would be tough to do with still pursuing a story-line, then I think it would be best if I spread them out for two months. I have certainly done the granite falls one, and that wouldn't be bad, but I haven't completed the jungle adventure ones, and have no idea how tough they are.
    as for "growing out of" a trait, I think that would definitely be something that could happen through the story. Especially if it no longer really fits your character. I've honestly thought of changing Bennie's traits to be more in line with his personality, but haven't decided. He does okay as he is, and I did go in and add likes and dislikes for Bennie and Marnie, but not most of the other kids yet. (Bennie pretty much hates everything.. lol, Marnie is a bit more picky.)
    @IllusoryThrall
    So the Jungle Adventure aspirations don't seem TOO hard, but I'm honestly not trying that hard to do them quickly haha, way more interested in story telling than being efficient ;) I would like to have both aspirations done by the end of the month though, so I'll let you know. I can tell that they will probably require 2-3 trips to the temple, so if you can get those all done in one vacation, you might be able to do it without visiting the jungle more than once. And you can authenticate artifacts once you're at home as long as they're in your inventory and build your archeology skill that way and by reading books, so you don't even have to be in Selvadorada to do every part of them. Jules is also basically a super sim too, so I can have her work on things behind the scenes at night since she rarely needs to sleep. I can imagine these aspirations would be a lot harder with a needy sim since it's not gonna be as easy to spend a lot of time in the jungle if your sims needs all get low.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member

So.. happened that Melody cannot buy the new house in DSV as I build it to be too expensive :D It costs over half million simoleons.

So just random pics for the last days at SV :)

I will get back to commenting , when up to date, I have again read all <3

@SoulGal7 , I make one comment to you tho.. THANK you <3 Finally Wolfie and Sakura <3<3<3<3

So.. random pics of earning the money:

cH7J7bV.png
    FHSHU1V.png

Spoiler
    SA8MtNg.png
    There is a waterfall in SV
    F32TDKW.png
    So Malcolm practiced .. something.. commanding the sparring device?? :D

jwNXpG2.png
    he also fished 12 violins.. WHAT?? Was SV once a home town of so many Violin Quartets?

vOzNPPk.png
    He gifted one for Melody.

GkSSu48.png
    Ehh.. she was not so good..

vHdlQC0.png
    He also started to write his 5th book.

vaQC5Q0.png
    And why are Wolfie and Christie having a meeting????
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited June 2021
    June - Day 6: "It seems when opportunity knocks, fate shows up to open the door!"

OFozNtO.png

Notes
    Lrw1woX.png
    Josh spent some time practicing giving orders to the new kickbot he'd received with a prior promotion before work the next morning.

BlhXalE.png
    However, it wasn't going too well. After several disobeyed orders by the cheeky bot, a frustrated Josh took a break. He told Essa he'd be back in awhile and went for another walk around the neighborhood.

Iy1t9K9.png
    Near the end of the road leading up to the properties in their area, he saw a woman dressed in an old-fashioned gown listening to a blond chattering away at her. She looked very annoyed and uncomfortable. That's when he noticed she had tiny flames, sparks and smoke all over her body. He realized she was a vampire and was burning up in the Sun. If he didn't do something quick to save her, she'd die right there on the sidewalk.

Josh walked over and excused himself for the interruption telling the lady vampire he needed to speak to her. He lead her away a distance from the blond. The lady thanked him for removing her from the conversation with the blond who was an annoying vampire wannabe. The woman said she'd been raised to be polite and could not find a way out of the conversation. Josh told her they lived just up the road and to follow him. She could come inside and stay until it was dark and safe to go home. She thanked him and gladly accepted his offer.

As the two ran as fast as they could, the lady proclaimed that she wished she hadn't forgotten her umbrella. After only a few minutes, the two approached the walkway to Essa and Josh's front door. It appeared the lady would make it inside to safety.

00nb1a8.png
    Unfortunately, they were too late. Josh turned around when he heard the lady scream and fall to her knees. She was fully engulfed in flames now and seconds later collapsed to the ground.

kNc3r9W.png
    Josh stared in shock at the burnt corpse of the lady vampire lying on the ground. The dark specter of death watched from inside their front doorway. Greg was here to do his duty.

u9d9j8y.png
    "I tried, I tried so hard to save you. I'm so sorry. Oh! Oh No! Dangit, what was I thinking? I should've transportalated both of us inside the house instead of running here."

jinwkIy.png
    Essa came outside, walking by Greg still standing and staring out the window at the lady vampire. She told Josh she'd take care of this. He needed to go get ready and leave for work. He started to protest, saying he shouldn't leave at a time like this. But Essa convinced him he should go, that she could handle the situation.

(Oh man, this is so sad. Who are you? Why were you walking around in broad daylight? Why didn't you have an umbrella?)
    "I wish we at least knew your name. Someone must be missing you by now."
    Essa thought the lady vampire looked a little familiar, but wasn't sure. Perhaps it was just wishful thinking on her part. She didn't know.

sRGongm.png
    Greg knew her name, he knew it very well. She was Inna Cents, the wife of Nikolas Masters, his friend, and mother to their son, Damon. But he couldn't tell the young lady standing in shock outside. It wasn't part of his job or his place to share personal information on the souls he was obligated to collect. He was here only to reap Inna's soul and guide it to her final destination. He knew what to expect when he took this job, and most days he could handle it. He'd learned to keep a stoic demeanor and keep his emotions deep inside.

However, some days were harder than most. Friends, family, children, babies, all were a challenge. He would sometimes take bribes of little things that he liked, or hear the pleas of those begging for the lives of their loved ones. A few times he'd even allowed himself to be seduced. It made Hades furious, but he had free will in this job, to a point. Greg prided himself on meticulously doing his job without fail, except once.

q7llR5b.png
    But the vampire who's wife's soul lay resting in her body waiting to be reaped, had saved him from that fact ever being known. He had owed the vampire a huge debt of gratitude for it. He wondered now if Nik would regret having already collected on that debt.

Greg finally made his way outside to do his job. He wondered if the young lady would plead or try to bargain for Inna's soul. He hoped that she would. But she stood aside, tears softly sliding down her face and didn't say a word. He took Inna's soul and left, never looking back.

Z4z6jbt.png
    Essa took the urn containing what was left of Inna into the foyer and set it carefully on the floor. She had a death flower, but she didn't use it. She also had a knitted Grim doll, but didn't use it. She could've pled for the lady vampire's life, but she didn't do that either. She wasn't heartless, she was a Spellcaster. A Spellcaster that knew a couple spells that would bring the lady back to life. There was only one problem with that. She didn't know the vampire's name. She'd just have to wing it and hope for the best.

UiGFVvk.png
    "Necro Vampiress Callio"
    "HUZZA!"

USY1tPa.png
    It didn't work... Essa expected the ghost of the lady vampire to come forth from the urn, but nothing happened. If she could not call the ghost out of the urn, she would not be able to use the Dedeadify spell and bring her back to life. She had arrogantly been counting on her skills as a powerful Spellcaster and didn't bother trying to plead. It had been a grave error on her part. Essa tried again and again, but the urn sat silent. What would she do now?

Oof1ih9.png
    She carried the urn to the basement and placed it on a bookshelf for safekeeping. Upstairs again, Essa tried practicing her acting skills, playing video games, and knitting among a variety of other activities while she waited for Josh to return home from base. Once he did, she told him about her efforts and asked if he would try. She didn't have much hope he'd be able to do it if she couldn't, since he was not as experienced and didn't have Spellcasting in his bloodline. But it was worth a shot.

nH4AHIJ.png
    Unfortunately, it didn't work for him either.

"What are we going to do Josh. It seems she's gone forever. Her family, if she has any, and friends will never know what happened to her."

VdDZdEv.png
    "It's all my fault. I should've transportalated both of us inside the house. But I didn't and now she's dead. How will I ever forgive myself Beautiful? I was just trying to save her and I killed her."

TUDaj65.png
    "Oh Josh, Babe, it wasn't your fault. It was her own. She shouldn't have been outside in the sun or at least had an umbrella to protect herself. I don't know why the spell didn't work. Maybe Dad will know. I'll give him a call, okay? After I get home from my audition. Hopefully he can help us bring her back. He's a very powerful Sage. If anyone can help, it would be him."

lffn1hk.png
    Josh perked up a little after Essa's offer, looking at her with sorrow, but a little hope as well in his eyes.
    "Cheer up, we'll figure this out, okay?"
    "Yeah, okay. I hope you're right. Thanks Beautiful."

Essa went back upstairs to get ready for her audition. Josh stayed behind in the basement, saying he would be up in a few minutes.

N6MsKb9.png
    (Don't worry, whoever you are, we'll figure this out. At least I hope we can...and...I know you can't hear me, but...)
    "I'm so sorry. Please forgive me."

Josh went back upstairs to do some knitting and listen to Frank tell some jokes. One to help him relax, the other to maybe make him at least smile and try to not think about the horror of the day. It wouldn't work, but he at least tried.

Essa left for her audition a few minutes later.

Cck9fmp.png
    Somehow, despite the day's events, Essa passed the audition and was scheduled to do the gig on Sunday at 9 a.m. She had just a little over a day to learn how to play the guitar. She had told a bold lie to the producer, telling him she knew how to play, but really didn't, not at all. She had another raging headache and just wanted to sleep, but made the call to her Father as promised before going inside the house.

VZ4GNIT.png
    The news was not good. Simeon told her she would need to know the name of the lady vampire in order for the Necrocall spell to work. How were they supposed to figure out who she was? It was impossible! Most of all, how was she going to tell Josh? He would be devastated.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    I have put together a "Cast of Characters" page on my blog that could be linked from the first page, for those who are just getting into my story and might get confused. This page WILL contain spoilers, however, so visit at your own risk. The spoilers are NOT from the future story, just the story that has already happened, so if you're up to date on reading, spoilers shouldn't be an issue for you. One Sim: Cast of Characters I took pictures of all relevant characters, and a shot of their traits, as well as listing a few details about them that pertain to the story.
    edited June 2021
    @Karababy52
    Uh oh, it's never a good sign when Melody's dad shows up, and I'm about to head to bed so now I'm gonna have to wait until tomorrow to see who died.... 😬
    edited June 2021
    June 2 - University - WK 3 - Back To Britechester - Part 2- Date Night

would-you-like-to-go-home-to-continue-our-date.png
    Wednesday. Wolfgang and Sakura arrived for their date at Pepper's Pub.

Wolfgang: "Since this is our very first date together, Sakura, I wanted to start it off right..." he said taking her in his arms and kissing her sweetly.

wolf-date-gotta-start-it-off-rifght.png

Sakura smiled and said that the date was going rather well so far, in her opinion.

wolf-orders-some-drinks.png

They went inside and Wolfgang ordered them some drinks, their favorites, Ridgeport. [Note: I think it's so cute that they both have the same favorite drink.] They sat down together and chatted and Wolfgang told a few jokes and without much effort, they were at the silver award on their date already.

bar-is-opretty-crowded-and-roxanne-is-there-too.png

The bar was getting pretty crowded and River and Roxanne were spotted. River arrived first and when he saw Wolfgang and Sakura sitting there, he started clapping.

flirty-look-sakuara.png

Things are getting a little steamy and Sakura gives Wolfgang a flirty look.

River comes over to chat with Wolfgang, and Wolfgang tells River that he is actually on a date with Sakura.

River: "Oh...no worries, bro...I just came over to say hi before I headed out...early class tomorrow..."

Wolfgang has an urge to suddenly kiss Sakura while River looks on (date prompts.)

wolf-and-sakura-with-river-watching-them-kiss.png

Wolfgang feels how tense Sakura is, and offers to give her a massage (date prompts.)

trying-to-loosen-me-up-wolf.png

Sakura: "Oh, that feels good...what are you loosening me up for?" she asked flirting with Wolfgang.

Wolfgang: "I thought that maybe we could have a game of ping pong together. It's been awhile since we played, even though we have a ping pong table in the basement at the house!" he said laughing.

you-are-not-going-to-win-this-time.png

They headed upstairs, and it was a good game, but Wolfgang aced it and won again. The score was 3 to 2 and Wolfgang got a cool moodlet, because, I guess they are at rival schools.

your-getting-better-am-i.png
    wolf-the-better-school-wins.png

They finished their date and got a legendary gold date! Yes! Wolfgang wondered if Sakura would like to continue their "date" at home.

Sakura: "Um...Wolfgang...we're in a house full of single beds...and we have roomies..."

lets-go-home-sakura.png

Wolfgang winked at her, "I have something in mind..." he smirked as they headed home.

When they got there, they entered the house quietly and it appeared that everyone was either out or asleep.

Wolfgang: "Follow me and be quiet..." he whispered as they descended the basement stairs together. He took Sakura's hand in his and led her towards the bathroom.

Wolfgang: "I am sure that you worked up quite a sweat playing ping pong tonight, and...um...maybe you'd like to take a shower...um...together...?"

Sakura looked at Wolfgang and couldn't believe what he had just said, "Wolfgang! Really? Oh, you're so bad...!"

They went into the bathroom and changed into some towels, and then...holy plumbobs, I think Wolfgang was in shock when Sakura attacked him and started kissing him. Well, this was a switch!

whoa-sakuara.png

And then Sakura got all shy on him.

nobodys-going-to-hear-get-in-ehre.png

Wolfgang: "Come 'ere Sakura, I'll wash your back for you...!" he said as he grabbed her arm and pulled her into the shower with him. Oh Wolfgang!

come-on-ill-scrub-your-back.png

Ohhh! It's getting steamy in here!!!

wild-shower-times-rev.png

remind-me-to-get-a-bigger-shower-in-here.png

Wolfgang is looking a bit exhausted, but rather clean! teehee
    woohoo-with-sakura-in-shower.png

They quickly dressed again and Wolfgang pulled Sakura close to him and kissed her.

come-here-you-little-vixen.png

This past weekend when they had "been together" for the first time, it had been so loving...so wonderful, but tonight...tonight was just so different. Never before had Wolfgang seen such intense passion in Sakura's eyes, as though she was imploring him to caress every part of her being...to caress her very heart and soul. It was like Sakura was showing a part of herself to him that she had never shown to anyone before. She had taken Wolfgang totally by surprise, and Wolfgang could not help falling even more deeply in love with Sakura.

wolfgang-is-deeply-in-love-with-sakura.png

good-night-sakura-ill-see-you-in-the-morning.png

Wolfgang bid Sakura good night and they ascended the stairs together and went into their separate bedrooms, where they both laid wide-awake on their beds thinking about their night together.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

I was thinking that Sakura and Wolfgang needed to have a "bit of fun" on Wednesday. They still hadn't gone on their first date together, so, since they were all caught up with their course work, I thought it would be a good day for Wolfgang to ask Sakura on a date. especially since it was..."hump day". lol

I am not sure exactly when Wolfgang got the Deeply in Love Sentiment for Sakura. It might have been after the date, but I really wish that this sentiment could just be a permanent sentiment. Yes, most definitely, Wolfgang is the one for Sakura.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    *Updated my June 6th post above! I'll get started on comments/replies next! :)
    Update 157 - Authenticating Artifacts

7S2vVSI.jpg
    Here is a good view of the stone overlook I found for their engagement. I was panning around the area for a scenic spot to do it, since I pretty much knew I wanted them to get engaged on this trip, and this was truly a lovely spot for the moment.
    Z8CxWDj.jpg

This was Jules and Emmett's last day in the jungle. Just like things can be in real life, the finances are tight right now, so life can't just be one endless vacation lol.

They enjoyed some more fishing.
    tSkfbI5.jpg

And apparently Emmett got good enough cell service to tell him mom the big news :)
    r88fO1P.jpg?1

Just like with the Extreme Sports Enthusiast Aspiration, Jules need to defend against some wild life encounters so this bee swarm was a welcomed incident lol.
    SrYef8q.png

Jules harvested some avocados and black beans to add to her garden back at home.
    en9J5Xr.jpg

They headed back to their rental after that. They both took a much needed shower then headed back into town to get a good meal.
    R3LT2je.jpg

And then they made their way to the Alam Museum of Archeology so they could bring the treasures they had found in the jungle to the staff there.

(And I remembered to take a screenshot of the reno I used for this museum too!)
    MIIEsUC.png

They looked around for a bit, before one of the curators came to greet them.
    LSFzE2R.jpg

"Hi, I'm Maneula Torres!" she greeted them. "You said you have some artifacts you'd like to donate to the museum?"
    ZroFjgw.jpg

Jules nodded, but told her that many of them were covered in dirt and she wasn't sure how authentic anything was.

"That's not a problem," Maneula told them, leading them to a room in the back. "It's actually not that difficult to tell whether an artifact is authentic or not - the ancient Omiscans always etched a small llama somewhere on their pottery and other items, so as long as you can find a llama, it should be authentic. Here, I'll show you."
    BICeGi9.jpg

Jules gave it a try. She unearthed a vase from a dirt clump and then was able to authenticate it when she found the signature llama on the bottom. (I'm just pulling this out of my head lol, but I needed a reason for someone with no experience to be able to authenticate artifacts lol. I could probably do more with a tying in a story with all this jungle stuff, but I haven't been in the mood to be extra creative with that kind of stuff these days haha)
    PYCaw1q.jpg

They had several more artifacts but not enough time to examine them, so Maneula suggested they purchase an archeology table and then could authenticate each item once they got back home and simply mail each artifact back to the museum. The museum was short staffed, so this would be especially helpful for them to get some extra help with identifying some of the items.

Soon after, they returned to their rental to pack up their items, and then it was time to return home.
    VvwHyGJ.png
    edited June 2021
    @Ellupelluellu -
    Thank you for reading my story, and yes, I think by now, we all knew that Sakura and Wolfgang would be together. I am happy for them, too. Love that photo of Malcolm playing the guitar with the full moon overhead. Such a great shot. And he fished 12 violins? Wow! Obviously Strangerville had a lot of military playing violinists...lol...probably the 'Mother' didn't like their playing and instructed her goonies to destroy them. Yes, I can see why...earplugs please for Melody's playing - lol just kidding. Wolfgang looks hot riding a bike in his military clothes! heheh
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    @permanentrose
    Well this was a nice surprise! Congratulations to Jules on her engagement to Emmett! \o/ How sweet of Dell to give Emmett Jules' Mother's ring for him to use for the proposal. So her Mother is again 'there' for an important event in her life. :) Hey, I like sappy and so sweet you get a toothache! Nothing wrong with happiness in our Sims' lives, right? ;)

I'm liking this aspiration so far, it's been fun! I didn't fully know what to expect so it's fun having surprises thrown in. Silly about the make-up/hair thing, but still funny. :)

Ah, yeah, Essa and Josh are almost always flirty as well due to sentiments. I love it though! Makes for some extremely fun, cute and romantic moments. I'm in love with love though, so there's that. :) I would love if any of my Sims would get the curse that makes them a skeleton, but so far, nope. Hopefully one day. I imagine that wouldn't have been very good for your update either if they did get a bad curse. Thankfully they didn't though. :)

And you'll know when you get up who bit the big one in today's post! o.O

That is indeed the perfect spot for a proposal! Either there or at the flirty falls would be my choices. Maybe standing in the middle of the pool at the Baths too. Great job with the explanation why someone with no experience would be able to authenticate artifacts. Nice museum you downloaded! Thanks for the link, might have to get it myself. ;) Aww, last day. Well they had a great trip, one they'll remember their entire lives. <3

@Skeilah
    Oh man, don't scare me like that! o.O I thought at first that something had happened to Naoki again. Thankfully I was wrong. *whew* Congrats to Bryon for getting that Ad agency after only one Vlog, AND for reaching Rising Star status, Go Bryon! I'm glad they're going to have a chat with Naoki's Mom too, perfect time for it with the Dad out of the way. Love the way you handled that "Why don't you ever visit me?" call. hehe Good job with that and his thoughts afterward about Naoki's Mom. :)

@SoulGal7
    Yay all the roommates were still there, with a little help from a 'friend.' ;) Gah, that contributing knowledge is such a weird and dangerous thing eh? I've never had my Sims do it after the aspiration requirement either. Congrats to Sakura on another Masterpiece! I love that particular painting. Oh gosh, I adore that painting of the 'Girl with Pearl' Sims addition too, it's so pretty. Rarely shows up for my painters so it's special. :)

hehe So funny how Sakura thought Wolfgang meant something else by going on a 'date.' ;) How cute that River started clapping for them in the bar, and that they share the same brand for a favorite drink! Yay! They got a Gold date, not surprised at all! Oh yeah, bow chicka wow wow, shower woo hoo! Glad Sakura is letting her hair down a bit now that's she's been 'with' Wolfgang. Go Sakura! Wolfgang's loving it, of course. ;) My favorite paragraph of the entire update was the last one before you showed Wolfgang's sentiment for being Deeply in Love. Every word was perfect! :) I too wish that sentiment was permanent! HAHA! Oh man, 'Hump' Day! And that is perfect as well. ;)

@Ellupelluellu
    Love, love, LOVE your screenshots! The waterfall pic is beautiful! I love the one of Malcom with the violin and the moon too. The red colors all go together so well. Gorgeous! Of course Melody has a red violin as well, as she should. ;) Sweet that Malcom gifted it to her after catching it while fishing. :) Amazing he caught 12 of them. o.O Whoa! I think my Sims might've caught 3 one time, but that's it. :D

Books are pretty good for income too, steady income is always good! Hmm, wonder what's going on with Wolfgang and Christie. Fun update! I hope they make enough to buy the DSV lot soon! ;)
    Mia Patina
    June 7

Week 6 Tuesday

2021-05-31-07_56_48-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Things are getting tight in real life so I am going to fall back to just posting the one picture each day. The updates to the story will be posted on my blog (link above). I have also moved my posting time for this challenge to 8am since it is the only challenge I currently have active.
    ~Teresa~
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member

@Karababy52 ,
    Oh.. Greg.. poor Inna :cry: . Beautifully written, I had a tiers in my eyes.. <3

@SoulGal7 ,
    Aww.. great date!! <3 Oh.. shower.. well well..
    Haha, earplugs ARE needed when Melody plays that violin :joy: Oh, hey.. now they have double bed :p
    @permanentrose ,
    they had lovely time in Selvadorada, indeed. Great proposal <3

Melody Connors .. and Malcolm

Day 1, June, Del Sol Valley

Cm2ZlKv.png
    OKAY ... Get Famous is most likely the ONLY pack what has pretty horrible female outfits, but pretty nice for males!

This time it is a house tour. House is the same, but platforms count as floortiles, and I have those in the roofs too, so not a tiny house anymore.
    Living area is 100 tiles, so it would fit to be the biggest of tiny homes.

But ah the platforms make it like 400 tiles or more :)
    oFgTTSz.png
    4dg1PZR.png

AE06bns.png

SDxSQL6.png
    uPx7Vjg.png
    xsSBtHG.png

m3v1qCE.png
    7tv2yHm.png
    Pathway to hot tub.. the plane was nice extra :D

LwxbXR4.png
    oUJ9rqU.png
    3kQTQ24.png
    Bjmk9He.png

ZL6x82j.png
    X1K8Ftb.png

B7vweu2.png
    Astrid was the only sim in welcome wagon. And she went to admire the toilet.. well it is the most expensive room :joy:

VBd8kha.png
    WSgJC2T.png
    Melody asked all to meal, but Astrid preferred left over omelette from fridge :joy:

YPVlQAH.png
    MZvEKBR.png
    YhyEEAy.png
    2EI1ZCE.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    June 7
    RY7QImQ.png

Bryons Diary
    We arrived at the Saito household to talk with Naoki’s mom. She suggested to sit outside, since the weather was rather warm.

(Naoki) “So, why did you want to talk to us, mother?”
    (Maria) “Where should I begin…”

Maria told us about how she got to know Katsutoshi, Naoki’s father. They were just a regular high school couple back then, deeply in love with each other.

0kZ4F9L.png
    Everything changed after Katsutoshi had to do military service for 6 months, and for some reason he came back a Duke, making Maria a Dutchess. Back then, Naoki was a toddler, Hana was just born. Katsutoshi never really explained how it happened, but Maria always smelled something fishy. She just never found out what.

GFVugjD.png
    From that day on, they all lived a wealthy life, but they slowly got more and more separated as a family. Maria’s only hope was Rene. She hired him herself. Katsutoshi, Naoki and Hana never knew the truth about him: he’s actually Maria’s step-brother who kept an eye on not only the kids, but also his own sister.. For so many years. They both grew up as only-children, but when their parents divorced and re-married each other, it immediately clicked. Okay, they were already graduated and stuff, and they didn't have a lot of time to bond as a family back then, but they clicked. Rene was Maria’s only hope to see her own kids turn into good people... And oh, he did so well. He literally threw his whole future away to help Maria... And he never regretted it once in his life.

JR8yQqt.png
    Seeing her kids grow up together with Rene, not being able to actually play with them herself because of Katsutoshi’s sudden behaviour towards her, of course made her feel sad inside… But at least they had Rene now, and someday she could tell them the truth.

m7Yn0Ct.png
    Maria just wanted a happy family. She never asked to become a Dutches, and certainly not to lose his husband like that.

(Naoki) “Mother… I never knew you were in such pain… And… That you and Rene actually kept it a secret that you are family…”

NTR0jdw.png
    (Maria) “Well, we ARE good actors!”

YOo43lW.png
    Rene started grilling hotdogs at some point.

(Rene) “That’s right, sis. Oh, I waited so long to actually call you sis again.”
    (Maria) “I know, I’m so sorry…”

nShy318.png
    (Rene) “You did what you had to do, and I did the best I could to help you, Naoki and Hana.”
    (Maria) “You really were the best butler I could ever imagine.”

qi1QVl1.png
    (Rene) “So, does someone want hot dogs?”

y0GZWUC.png
    (Maria) “Rene, you should join us! Take one of the red chairs and come sit here with your own hot dog, please.”

2iJE0oO.png
    (Rene) “Of course I’ll join you!”

liYCOot.png
    (Rene) “Ah, it feels so good to let my guard down….”

PghVi2r.png
    (Naoki) “But wait… If you’re mother’s brother, then you are actually my.. Uncle?”
    (Rene) “The one and only!!!”
    (Naoki) “And you always told us you were sad about missing your family and stuff!!”
    (Rene) “Well... At some points in my life I missed having a girlfriend, or kids of my own..."
    (Maria) “Oh, but you'll have all the time of the world to get a girlfriend now, Rene. I won't hold you back anymore. Of course, you're more than welcome to stay here until you want to go.”

It’ll definitely take time for everyone to warm up to this turn of events, but I have this feeling that everything will be okay.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top