Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Q&A: Dream Home Decorator

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    edited June 2021
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I don't think sofas have parent objects, but haven't tested them as much.

As to moving the shelving with Alt... The only way I've seen this done so far is to move the first piece into position with Alt, and then add the rest of the pieces. Similar to this video:

https://youtu.be/69-e0V0Thj0

Yes! That's what I ended up doing as well, thanks for the video! The problem with sofas is that if I want to move one piece with alt the other parts stop snapping to it, so there doesn't seem to be any way to place them off square as a whole thing.

Again, thank you!

• Options
    zryanszryans Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I bought the pack today and I just finished redecorating a clients apartment. I took before photos and didn't realize that it didn't check that off my list. So now that I finished redecorating, I can't call the client back because it seems like the before/after photos are glitching. I've tried to re-take them, but it doesn't check it off my list. I'm stuck, any help is appreciated!
  • Options
    unitato99mvunitato99mv Posts: 1 New Member
    I can't get any gigs because it keeps telling me that my sim needs to increase her skill level. How can she if she can't get a single gig at all? I don't know what to do.
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    how do you do a level addition? i have know idea?
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    I can't get any gigs because it keeps telling me that my sim needs to increase her skill level. How can she if she can't get a single gig at all? I don't know hat to do.

@unitato99mv do you have any gigs that are not greyed out? You should have a room renovation gig available, the rest won't be available until you reach the appropriate level.
  • Options
    3CatsFull3CatsFull Posts: 29 Member
    I don't get the option to pick gigs. I've started 2 new games and neither of them have given me the option. I've switched to freelancer and the little briefcase thingy shows up but not for interior decorator.
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I now know there are big glitches and some just broken... the new career needs to be fixed, some gigs they just give you what they don't like, some don't have anything... I even tried going into CAS to look at the like and dislike for them and I was right, then there are additions gigs are broken... just don't work at all..
  • Options
    simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    Is there a reason that shift will not let you replace wall coverings in design build mode? I am having to click on one panel at a time.
    Also it says no floor changes? So how does the room match the flooring if we change things?

Thanks!
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    simplyzoe wrote: »
    Is there a reason that shift will not let you replace wall coverings in design build mode? I am having to click on one panel at a time.
    Also it says no floor changes? So how does the room match the flooring if we change things?

Thanks!

You can always give them a carpet.
  • Options
    K_PlaysK_Plays Posts: 102 Member

Thanks!

Shift seems to work sometimes, but not always for me. So far, when it doesn't work, alt has been working to do a wall at a time.

I haven't had any issues redoing floors. There is a note for most renos about not adding new floor tiles, but that refers to actually increasing the floor space in the build, not replacing what the current floor looks like. Is it possible that you've misinterpreted that guidance or is this a new glitch?
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited June 2021
    Is is normal that I never know what room I’m supposed to renovate ? It just says “room renovation” but that’s all, I have no idea what the client wants.
  • Options
    seceretgardenseceretgarden Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I really need help fixing my game! for some reason when I joined the interior home decorator career my game gives me no choices in getting gigs. I know that after your join the career you head to the "career panel" where a clipboard on the right side comes up and more information, yet for me, none of that comes up. I am incredibly frustrated and have no idea what to do. I have gone to "repair" the game as well as having uninstalled my mods and playing without them and also have looked online but it seems no one is having this problem. Any kind of help would be amazing, I genuinely just wanna play it so bad but see no solution :( thank you for any kind of help you can give!
  • Options
    ibstinkypoohibstinkypooh Posts: 85 Member
    I had the same issue. I started a new game and had no gigs come up for someone who started the career. The only way to gain skill is to perform jobs but none were available. Ugh!!
  • Options
    magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    Hi, I really need help fixing my game! for some reason when I joined the interior home decorator career my game gives me no choices in getting gigs. I know that after your join the career you head to the "career panel" where a clipboard on the right side comes up and more information, yet for me, none of that comes up. I am incredibly frustrated and have no idea what to do. I have gone to "repair" the game as well as having uninstalled my mods and playing without them and also have looked online but it seems no one is having this problem. Any kind of help would be amazing, I genuinely just wanna play it so bad but see no solution :( thank you for any kind of help you can give!

3CatsFull wrote: »
    I don't get the option to pick gigs. I've started 2 new games and neither of them have given me the option. I've switched to freelancer and the little briefcase thingy shows up but not for interior decorator.

Try waiting until 9:00 am when jobs first become available

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    @seceretgarden @ibstinkypooh

If you're stilling having issues......

Pull your entire The Sims 4 folder out of your Documents and put it on your desktop.

Start the game and let the game generate a new folder.

Try to play the career and if all is good exit the game and put your saves, screenshots, and tray folder back into the newly generated folder.
  • Options
    Harry2020Harry2020 Posts: 8 New Member
    I am stuck. I need to do a level addition. I am restricted to the top floor, but I cannot do any of the following:

edit anything on the top floor
    add additions to the side of the home or the floor above (or below)
    edit existing rooms and furniture in the house
    Edit or remove the roof
    Create an additional floor

The only thing I can do is add a set of stairs in the middle of a room on the top floor.

Has anyone been able to complete a level addition that is restricted to the top floor?
  • Options
    simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member

Thanks!

Shift seems to work sometimes, but not always for me. So far, when it doesn't work, alt has been working to do a wall at a time.

I haven't had any issues redoing floors. There is a note for most renos about not adding new floor tiles, but that refers to actually increasing the floor space in the build, not replacing what the current floor looks like. Is it possible that you've misinterpreted that guidance or is this a new glitch?

Thanks! I will try different things and I did notice the restrictions of no flooring, glad you clarified on that. Replacing one wall panel at a time is a pain, I hope they fix that.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    3CatsFull wrote: »

It's not a Freelance career. It's sorted under active careers and is called Interior Decorator.
  • Options
    how do you do a level addition? i have know idea?

I haven't got that far in the career personally, but other GCs had issues with it due to chimneys etc counting as a floor. If you have to add a level, you would need to do it above existing levels with walls (including levels that only have chimneys).
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Thanks!

Full room wallpapering is currently bugged. You can do Alt-click though which does one wall at a time (up to a junction, corner or column)
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Is is normal that I never know what room I’m supposed to renovate ? It just says “room renovation” but that’s all, I have no idea what the client wants.

Room renovations are player choice. However, you might find it handy to find out the likes and pop into build mode to see what the preference filters bring up, before deciding on a room, as they might not have anything suitable for a bathroom, etc. Once you decide on a room to renovate you'll need to go back to Live mode to take Before pictures.
  • Options
    RobinRHRobinRH Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm trying to do a gig where the client wants a new office and bathroom on the top floor. However, when I got to the house, there's only a ground floor, and whenever I try to add a second floor, it says I can't because I need to follow the gig rules/restrictions which say I can only edit the top floor...also, whenever I try to add stairs or a ladder to go to the next floor I'm trying to add, it won't let me because I'm not supposed to edit the ground floor. I've really liked this pack so far, but this glitch or bug is really frustrating me, because now I'm going to have to cancel the gig which will decrease my reputation.
    On a side note, I also had a previous bug where I went to complete a gig at an apartment, and when I went to knock on the door, it was greyed out and said no one lived there...so I had to cancel that one too and take a hit to my reputation.
  • Options
    JanieLynJanieLyn Posts: 62 Member
    I'm waiting to get this pack till they patch it. Especially the link with Discover University. I have my girl all graduated with an honors degree in Fine Arts from Briechester. Fix it soon, please!!!! Waitin'............
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I don't see this as an option in the careers, how do you get your sim to be a home decorator?
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I thought the modular wall units like the cubes that can hold collectables were supposed to stay visible and not disappear with walls. Is this a bug?