Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible Glitch?

I've started noticing that my sims are not autonomously filling their needs like they used to.
They're now stopping whatever they're doing to chat. My sims are talking with their hunger, hygiene, and sleep bars all in the red. They'd rather pee on themselves than stop talking. They're stressing themselves out!
Eg: When they start cooking and another sim enters the room, the first sim will stop cooking to chat. If there are more sims in the household, they'll all start joining in on the conversation and won't stop until I intervene.
Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/

Comments

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    This is definitely not a new glitch in the game.... otherwise people would have been creating a bunch of threads about this problem within an hour of the latest patch coming out a week ago.

Step 1 - Remove your entire Mods folder from your directory

Step 2 - Delete the localthumbcache.package file from that same directory

Step 3 - Repair your game through Origin (this step can be ignored until after Step 5 if you don't want to be bothered until you've determined that your game actually does have a problem)

Step 4 - Still leaving out your mods folder, start up your game (vanilla) and proceed to play with one of your households for a while (trying out everything) to see if the problem persists or if it's been remedied.

Step 5 - If the problem is gone when your mods folder is gone, you have a mod/cc problem on your hands and will have to go through the 50/50 method to try to figure out what's causing the problem.

99% of all glitches/problems in the game are caused by mods and/or custom content.

Important Note - Everyone who uses mods/cc in their game should be going through the first 4 steps (ignoring Step 3 until absolutely necessary) BEFORE you run an update or add a new DLC to your game. Every. Single. Time.

To summarize:
    - move your Mods folder to another location on your computer
    - delete the localthumbcache.package file
    - then update your game and/or add in your new DLC
    - then play the game "vanilla" to see if there are any new problems in your game, trying out all the new features of the game
    - then before adding back your Mods folder, make sure you've updated any and all mods/cc that might need it

Why go through these steps every time? Because if you do these quick simple steps before you update your game or add a new DLC, you can greatly reduce the chances of creating any new "glitches" in your game that could have been easily avoided (and thus saving you a bunch of wasted time) by simply getting into the habit of doing the steps beforehand (removing all mods and giving your game a clean update/install).
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    JueJueJueJue Posts: 80 Member
    Does anyone know if we can repair the game in EA Desktop? I've been looking around it and can't find where we can do this. I usually still use Origin but have been trying EA desktop lately.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    JueJue wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we can repair the game in EA Desktop? I've been looking around it and can't find where we can do this. I usually still use Origin but have been trying EA desktop lately.

What is EA Desktop?
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited June 2021
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    JueJue wrote: »

What is EA Desktop?

It is EA’s next-generation PC gaming platform
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    This is definitely not a new glitch in the game.... otherwise people would have been creating a bunch of threads about this problem within an hour of the latest patch coming out a week ago.

Step 3 - Repair your game through Origin (this step can be ignored until after Step 5 if you don't want to be bothered until you've determined that your game actually does have a problem)

Step 4 - Still leaving out your mods folder, start up your game (vanilla) and proceed to play with one of your households for a while (trying out everything) to see if the problem persists or if it's been remedied.

Step 5 - If the problem is gone when your mods folder is gone, you have a mod/cc problem on your hands and will have to go through the 50/50 method to try to figure out what's causing the problem.

99% of all glitches/problems in the game are caused by mods and/or custom content.

Important Note - Everyone who uses mods/cc in their game should be going through the first 4 steps (ignoring Step 3 until absolutely necessary) BEFORE you run an update or add a new DLC to your game. Every. Single. Time.

To summarize:
    - then play the game "vanilla" to see if there are any new problems in your game, trying out all the new features of the game
    - then before adding back your Mods folder, make sure you've updated any and all mods/cc that might need it

Why go through these steps every time? Because if you do these quick simple steps before you update your game or add a new DLC, you can greatly reduce the chances of creating any new "glitches" in your game that could have been easily avoided (and thus saving you a bunch of wasted time) by simply getting into the habit of doing the steps beforehand (removing all mods and giving your game a clean update/install).

This is NOT a mod issue.....my friend was playing on console and has this exact glitch and he plays a vanilla game, mods don't even exist on console. I am also having this issue (its a little diff, but very similar) and I am also playing a vanilla game ATM.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Schantal wrote: »

To summarize:

This is NOT a mod issue.....my friend was playing on console and has this exact glitch and he plays a vanilla game, mods don't even exist on console. I am also having this issue (its a little diff, but very similar) and I am also playing a vanilla game ATM.

Good to know I'm not the only one! I wouldn't think CC CAS items would cause this, but who knows. I've seen a little improvement, but not much. It doesn't seem as autonomous before. I could explain away the "not eating" thing with being forced to choose if my sim "likes" or "dislikes" cooking. But the bathing, toileting, and constant talking wouldn't be explained.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/