March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to prevent Sim changing jobs/retiring?

Fay92Fay92 Posts: 2 New Member
edited June 2021 in The Sims 2
Can you tell me how to prevent the sim from changing their job or retiring when they reach the top of their career in sims 2

This discussion was created from comments split from necro'd thread: 2 Sims in Different Careers | Is it Possible?.

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
    Fay92 wrote: »
    Can you tell me how to prevent the sim from changing their job or retiring when they reach the top of their career in sims 2

@Fay92 welcome to the forum. 🙂 You may want to post your question in the Sims 2 forum.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-2-general-discussion
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member

That is the better place to ask, but from experience can say that unless you actively make a change they will stay where they are.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    You simply have to follow one Sim to work. Others will go to work on their own. You can even choose to go with no one and the game will simply speed up while they are working until someone returns.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited June 2021
    Sims only change jobs by chance card in The Sims 1, there is no way to prevent it as far as I can remember other than staying at rank 9 instead of getting a promo. (Doesn't apply to Bustin Out or the console versions)

Otherwise in TS2 they can only either get fired, or demoted. They won't change or quit without the Story Progression mod.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    Sims only change jobs by chance card in The Sims 1, there is no way to prevent it as far as I can remember other than staying at rank 9 instead of getting a promo. (Doesn't apply to Bustin Out or the console versions)

Otherwise in TS2 they can only either get fired, or demoted. They won't change or quit without the Story Progression mod.

Indeed.

But I'm now thinking if it can also happen on console versions... Maybe something to find out!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2021

This discussion was created from comments split from necro'd thread: 2 Sims in Different Careers | Is it Possible?.

I'm not sure which game you mean. Because the links you provided are about TS4's careers. In TS2 Sims don't quit or change jobs unless you make them pick a different or call their work and quit if you don't want them to work anymore etc. Neither do they retire until you make them.

Change job- look for one in the paper or on the pc and take it, the Sim will ask you if they should change the answer is yes.
    Quit Job_ call work/quit job.
    Top of career or aspiration, call work retire or quit job...elderly will be placed on part time schedules until you make them quit or retire.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.