Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Large dew flowers from Into the Future

nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
Has anyone tried to set the spawner for these in a regular world? I think it's World Event Spawner #4.

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited June 2021
    I have tried a few times but it doesn't work for me. I haven't tried after sending my sim to the utopian future. That might work.

The way I got the flowers into my Rainbow Gondola lot was to build it in Oasis Landing and then save it to my library. I can place it in other worlds and the flowers stay put. They continue to function as Dew Flowers.

This is the link to the lot on the Exchange. It has no 3rd party CC.
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8578813

In Lucky Palms
    Gondola51.jpg

In Aurora Skies
    Gondola49.jpg

Gondola48.jpg

Moonlit Falls
    Gondola44.jpg

Oasis Landing - Utopian Future to get the colours. I probably built it in the Utopian Future version of Oasis Landing. Can't remember as it was a long time ago now.
    Gondola36.jpg

This sim got recoloured by the dew from the flowers. It wears off after a while.
    Gondola32.jpg
  • wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    There's a mod available from MTS that makes the flowers accessible through buydebug
    https://modthesims.info/d/515841/giant-utopian-flowers-un-hider.html
    edited June 2021
    I did place the spawners in Riverview but they never produced any Dew Flowers. I think I may have put them in other worlds as well with no luck. I wondered if my sim visited the utopian future if they might start spawning. I sent him to the normal future and they never spawned any flowers. I might try using NRAAS Traveller mod to see if they spawn when using the Force Spawners menu choice of Traveller mod. I don't think it'll work though.

EDIT: I added the mod @wendyyi1 mentioned and it adds the flowers to BuyDebug and they cost 5,000 simoleans each. I added some of the flowers to my sim's lot and they are now in their garden.

I now need to check the shape of the flowers and if there is any variety in how they are growing.
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited June 2021
    Karritz wrote: »
    I did place the spawners in Riverview but they never produced any Dew Flowers. I think I may have put them in other worlds as well with no luck. I wondered if my sim visited the utopian future if they might start spawning. I sent him to the normal future and they never spawned any flowers. I might try using NRAAS Traveller mod to see if they spawn when using the Force Spawners menu choice of Traveller mod. I don't think it'll work though.

EDIT: I added the mod @wendyyi1 mentioned and it adds the flowers to BuyDebug and they cost 5,000 simoleans each. I added some of the flowers to my sim's lot and they are now in their garden.

I now need to check the shape of the flowers and if there is any variety in how they are growing.

I'm going to try doing the lots I want the flowers on in Oasis Landing then saving them like you did. Hopefully it will work, I am doing an Oasis Landing (calling it that but it's really a Lunar Lakes) in Lucky Palms, actually, with a lot of the buildings from Lunar Lakes also (I wish I could find those pipes) but I would really like those flowers on certain lots like City Hall. I don't usually play with mods but I might try this one.

Post edited by nickibitsward on
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member

How long did it take your flowers to pop up when you put the spawners on your lots in Oasis Landing? I think normally stuff (like bugs and gems) pop up in three days or so when you place spawners but I'm at 6 days now (in Oasis Landing) and still no flowers. I also wish we could have the colored trees in Oasis Landing when you do a Utopian future.

How long did it take your flowers to pop up when you put the spawners on your lots in Oasis Landing? I think normally stuff (like bugs and gems) pop up in three days or so when you place spawners but I'm at 6 days now (in Oasis Landing) and still no flowers. I also wish we could have the colored trees in Oasis Landing when you do a Utopian future.

I think the dew flowers only grow in the Utopian Future. It was about 6 years ago when I did it so I have no clue now how long it took.